Sri Lanka beat India by 63 runs to win the first Test in Galle

But india ke itni asan jeet ne hmari record chase ka maza kirkara kr dia yar, it seem as if it was a shame that why we couldn't clean swept this team, and regarding that innings it looks as if that if any other good teams was playing they could have even chased 470 with ease with this club level lankan bowling. And india would also have clean swept lankans in ODIs as well. That too with utmost ease.

No that was a brilliant chase by Pakistan and I doubt our batsmen could have chased that. Having said that SL are a weak test side now and everyone shouldn't take wins over them seriously now onwards.

Aane do? :srt

Mayank Agarwal out on 176, great innings.

India A 309/2 45.4/50 ov.

he;s posted this in 2,3 threads and already predicted that India will win 3-0 and each test within 3 days lol

Guys, who's this Mayank Agarwal guy? He's been racking up the runs in this tri-series and has a pretty impressive List-A record.

Safe to say barring a humongous collapse we've got this in the bag?

Guys, who's this Mayank Agarwal guy? He's been racking up the runs in this tri-series and has a pretty impressive List-A record.

U19 prodigy highest scorer for India in 2010 U19 WC, still improving though and has consistent performances but i don't see him making it into the team may be LOI.

Why is kohli attempting the sweep against Herath? Just needs to play as straight as possible and most importantly stay at the wicket. No need for unnecessary risks.

And gets out sweeping. He needs to really score even after getting a ton. Seems to lose focus after that.

And gets out sweeping. He needs to really score even after getting a ton. Seems to lose focus after that.

Ditto. Kohli should go for daddy hundreds. Kohli's averages are in the high 40s and not 50s precisely because most of his 100s (8/11) just crossed 100. Kohli does not make use of great starts.

Awesome Lanka! India needs to get to 300 at least from here.. Good match on our hands barring rain..

Ditto. Kohli should go for daddy hundreds. Kohli's averages are in the high 40s and not 50s precisely because most of his 100s (8/11) just crossed 100. Kohli does not make use of great starts.

Yep. The daddy hundreds are simply not there. He needs to make these scores count.

U19 prodigy highest scorer for India in 2010 U19 WC, still improving though and has consistent performances but i don't see him making it into the team may be LOI.

Saw him play in a Ranji match at Nagpur vs Vidarbha. It was a green pitch & the likes of Uthappa were struggling, particularly against a left arm seamer. But at the other end, this guy looked absolutely comfortable.

He has the talent & technique but needs to be much more consistent. Good that he has now set the List A charts on fire this year. Need to keep an eye on him.

India already have a good lead here and once it gets over 150 its pretty much going to be a match winning one for them.

Good lead, but not the kind of lead that would stuff out the match for good.

I'd be glad if India's tail is out cheaply. Will plant seeds of uncertainity in Lankan batsmen's minds

We have still scored 330+ ;-)

Yes, its great.

But look beyond what happened in the score.

Could have been 70/4 if catches of Dhawan and Kohli were taken (I know luck is part of the game but since we are talking about quality of batting - I raise that).

Batting is really weak (not comparing with SL batting). Vijay and Pujara need to come back and strengthen it.

Yes, its great.

But look beyond what happened in the score.

Could have been 70/4 if catches of Dhawan and Kohli were taken (I know luck is part of the game but since we are talking about quality of batting - I raise that).

Batting is really weak (not comparing with SL batting). Vijay and Pujara need to come back and strengthen it.

This is the weakest batting lineup India has fielded in a long time. This is partly because of playing a batsman less and partly because Dhoni's place has been taken by Saha.

Actually the lower order has potential if they apply their mind.

Get to 200 lead.

The pitch is turning and Ashwin and Mishraji will do the rest.

Don't gloat mate your team just started winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do say about Saha now, SIF ;)

Good knock but you can see he struggled when Kaushal was bowling those good deliveries.

Even Herath who troubled none got him beaten twice or thrice.

There was a close lbw shout too.

Not sure whether Saha can survive sustained quality bowling (which SL didn't do - lots of looseners as well as easy singles).

But since he is in the team, he deserves chances. Talented or not, he is a fighter at least.

No wrong in going after you..the utter disdain u showed towards Saha and ur apathy towards Dhawan deserves it..

Dhawan still can't play swing or spin (quality ones) but he can make it count once he survives and can score fast (not that he went for it this innings).

Dhawan was dropped very early in his innings. Team score was 70 at that time. So lol.

Saha struggled quite a bit but he has fought and I am happy for that.

If SL bats well on this pitch and gave 200+ to chase. India with this long tail might face problem in their 2nd innings.

No wrong in going after you..the utter disdain u showed towards Saha and ur apathy towards Dhawan deserves it..

Nah, most of his concerns were genuine.

Just because India is winning don't means that there is no room for improvement.

Dhawan still can't play swing or spin (quality ones) but he can make it count once he survives and can score fast (not that he went for it this innings).

Dhawan was dropped very early in his innings. Team score was 70 at that time. So lol.

Saha struggled quite a bit but he has fought and I am happy for that.

Lol..what matters is weather they have scored or not..all excuses doesn't buy u anything and all are apriori arguments,which have a heavy tinge of justification for the failed predictions

Lol..what matters is weather they have scored or not..all excuses doesn't buy u anything and all are apriori arguments,which have a heavy tinge of justification for the failed predictions

I expected the jaded cliched response.

We are talking about quality here and not performance.

Yes luck is present for all (so no issues) but when we are talking about quality, you take into account catches dropped and stuff.

I also said I won't be surprised if 2 wickets fell early in the innings (due to Rohit's instability at 3) and it did. So lol again.

Again once Kohli got out, we went from 255-2 to 351-8.

So lol again.

Batting is weak but a few good innings has got us to a good score. Nothing wrong in accepting certain stuff. WHen Pujara and Vijay come in, we will have a better batting unit.

Last edited:

Dhawan is slightly better than Rohit he has been lucky.The guy has 4 100s and 3 of them in SC against not so great bowling attacks.Just scoring isn't everything i guess even Hooda with that many chances could make something of it.Only Rohit with all the chances is worse than Dhawan.

Indians on the Indian forum are more understanding of our strengths and weaknesses.

Results in 1 innings do not indicate strength or weakness per se.

Even in Australia, Vijay, Rahane and Kohli practically carried our batting. We would get to good scores and then collapse.

Still that was a better unit compared to here where we are relatively even more weaker.

What rubbish.Those were genuine concerns and our batting actually is weak. SL have declined greatly as a team which is the only reason it looks like we have dominated them.

Dhawan is slightly better than Rohit he has been lucky.The guy has 4 100s and 3 of them in SC against not so great bowling attacks.Just scoring isn't everything i guess even Hooda with that many chances could make something of it.Only Rohit with all the chances is worse than Dhawan.

Dhawan atleast showed some patience and curved his stroke play and batted rather well I thought. Tailunted ***** on the other hand is garbage. Needs to be shown the door ASAP.

Dhawan atleast showed some patience and curved his stroke play and batted rather well I thought. Tailunted ***** on the other hand is garbage. Needs to be shown the door ASAP.

Couldn't agree more worst batsmen in tests for sure.I want to see his Ranji Knocks i mean even Praveen Kumar in Kanpur's wicket might get him clean bowled.

Only if Kausal can cut down the dozens of freebies that he offer in each spell, he can become a handy bowler cuz he can produce an occasional wicket-taking delivery.

SL need to find Herath replacement though, he is more or less finished.

Only if Kausal can cut down the dozens of freebies that he offer in each spell, he can become a handy bowler cuz he can produce an occasional wicket-taking delivery.

SL need to find Herath replacement though, he is more or less finished.

Kaushal is a STAR in the making for SL.

Absolute STAR.

Once he sorts his issues out, he is going to run through lineups.

It would be a shame if he doesn't sort his accuracy issue.

Absolute STAR.

He already ran through Pakistan's in the second test.

Though I am not so hopeful about his action. Won't be surprised if it get reported in near future.

Absolute STAR.

He definitely has great potential. Spinners generally take time to mature though. Not many spinners have set the world on fire at that age. He needs to have a few years of bowling under his belt.

Back