Sri Lanka v India | 3rd Test | Colombo | 3-7 August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great cricket by India !!!! Showed a lot of character . Proud of them.

Yeah it is one of India's best test wins considering their bowling attack which did not have Zaheer and Harbajan only two bowlers who have done anything in last 2 years. I did not expect it. But this is where a winning mentality really helps. Even when a side is ordinary in one dept. just the belief and the spirit will be enough.

To chase 250 in last innings was not easy on that track

How is sanga now? He was talking blah blah blah about rankings after the first test. He should not be talking at all. Atleast India managed to draw the series. SL have not won test in India.

Congrats India on well deserved win.

Sri lanka and sangakarra got what they deserved for their negative tactics in the field.

Brilliant Knock by VVS.

India will be Happy to draw this series with the pop gun bowling attack they had at their disposal.

it is amazing how India is winning with such pathetic bowlers .I don't understand it at all. In dead pitches and against FLAT TRACK BULLIES.

It is really surprising.

it is amazing how India is winning with such pathetic bowlers .I don't understand it at all. In dead pitches and against FLAT TRACK BULLIES.
It is really surprising.
:pissed: Yes it is really surprising........They dont have half our bowlers...........Batting is good I agree but batting cant win matches...........plus with pathetic bowling they were playing on a batting track..How come they won.Is something fishy?????????????????

This is what a positive approach does. You can have no resources at all but if you just enter the field in a relaxed manner and with the will to win no matter what, the results have spoken for India. It was Sri lanka who was scared of losing then the Indians, the Sri Lankan batting collapse in the second innings highlighted that.

And Pakistan enough said? Yes we dont have our experienced batters, but so what? Does that explain the dropped catches? Does that justify the excuses Butt and Waqar keep making i.e. Dukes Ball e.t.c.?

I can bet if India chose a completely new team, they would have scored atleast 150-200 as compared to Pakistan in these same conditions instead of being 80 and 72 all out in consecutive innings. Heck Pakistan still has a marginally better bowling attack than the Indians but look at the Indians, they still backed themselves to win and put pressure on the Sri Lankans with their positive approach with both bat and ball and now have deservingly drawn the series.

It is very very tough to be a Pakistan Cricket fan right now, these guys do not deserve any support.

:pissed: Yes it is really surprising........They dont have half our bowlers...........Batting is good I agree but batting cant win matches...........plus with pathetic bowling they were playing on a batting track..How come they won.Is something fishy?????????????????

n our bowlers didnt bite the ball either?:13:

I hope you are not serious. Their fielders and Batters are miles ahead of Pak.

Yes it is really surprising........They dont have half our bowlers...........Batting is good I agree but batting cant win matches...........plus with pathetic bowling they were playing on a batting track..How come they won.Is something fishy?????????????????

Not to take any credit away from India, they did bat and bowl well. But Sri Lankans were very conservative and defensive in their approach, they approached the test match in a very defensive frame of mind, they were scared of losing and were overcautious.

But the Indians played well in the second test and got the measure of a post murali sri Lankan bowling attack. And the Indian batting will never fail more than one test match in a row. Hence they forced the Sri Lankans to rethink i.e. go even further on the defensive and hence the results have shown in this test match.

Unfortunately as far as our beloved Pakistani team is concerned, they just dont understand these things and dont know how to take the initiative to improve things. The slightest difficult, challenge and they all give up.

And thanx to all the friends here ......for their congratulation n support of team India..... :D

PP roXx.......!!!!!

Was it really a turning track as they say on crapinfo...............if yes then wasnt it 5th day track ??? Still then won???Howwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww?

By the way, not sure if Mendis is of the same standard of quality of Murali. Sri Lanka are wasting their time on him, he has been found out and at the moment is just a very pedestrian and ordinary bowler.

We chased 385 recently , this wasnt such a big total to chase really ...spining track, but our batsmen are the best on such tracks

By the way, not sure if Mendis is of the same standard of quality of Murali. Sri Lanka are wasting their time on him, he has been found out and at the moment is just a very pedestrian and ordinary bowler.
He's crap. Of course he's nowhere near Murali standard.

Was it really a turning track as they say on crapinfo...............if yes then wasnt it 5th day track ??? Still then won???Howwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww?

bro v won coz ...nobody supports randiv n v have given singles very easily.....its after Tendulkar's wicket v start hitting ....otherwise v have won with singles n twos ...pitch was turning ....but they really missed Murli service ...our batters played really well....

471311.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back