Sri Lanka v India | 3rd Test | Colombo | 3-7 August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think India will get the last 2 wickets, only hope is a declaration.........

Lets hope Mendis can fight it out and help Sam. get to his hundred.

This reminds me of what the Aussie tail did to us at Lord's

In that game they already had lead over 300, here India was supposed to win by tea. Dhoni remind me of Moyo :pissed:

In that game they already had lead over 300, here India was supposed to win by tea. Dhoni remind me of Moyo :pissed:

Well I don't care about how much the lead was, but it was really frustrating.

Can't these jokers bowl even yorkers to mendis?

Dhoni will probably go for the new ball after this over I would think

Maiden test ton for Mendis?

Lead is 244 which will be atough chase!

Ohhh NOW I really know the value of Zaheer, never really given him the credit he deserved... Get well, need you fit for the aussies Boy...

Mendis seriously taking game away from India here!

266/9

India need 257 to win and level series.

Should be a good run chase.

Sehwag will come out all guns blazing as usual!

Sehwag gone

Randiv to Sehwag, OUT, The big wicket is down. Sehwag out for a duck. The crowd roar. And roar. What a game-breaking moment this. It was from round the stumps, it landed around off and it didn't turn in. Sehwag thought it would and went forward to defend. It took the edge and went to Mahela who pouches it safely. And he spreads his arms in joy!

Last edited:
India 50/3

Randiv has all 3!

India in trouble!

OH that was real questionable , that catch was hard to see if it was taken clean. If Kamran stood his ground and got away with a decision while Hussey took the catch 2 tests ago well then Vijay def shouldnt have been out.. Not surprised it was a 'DHARMASENA' who was the 3rd umpire....

^that looked out buddy.Mahela had his hands underneath the ball

at Stumps 50/3

match gone,from a ner wiining position at Lunch,India r about to lose now

Well Kamran looked out then when Hussey took the catch ;-)..

I wouldnt trust a Dharmasena, Gamini De Silva, Ashoka Desilva or any of these honest Sri Lankan boys as far as I could throw them......

Last edited:

You must have superman eyes when Jayasuriya, Rohan Gavaskar and just about all the other commentators saying camera replays doesnt look clear...

at Stumps 50/3

match gone,from a ner wiining position at Lunch,India r about to lose now

I dont think the match have gone anywhere. Only 200 to get, one good partnership and game is over. On the other hand Pakistan will surly lose by innings in 2nd test.

If it doesnt look clear then it should have been not out. But we all know quality of SL umpires, they are just pathetic and desperate to not lose a series.

You must have superman eyes when Jayasuriya, Rohan Gavaskar and just about all the other commentators saying camera replays doesnt look clear...

Agree with you. It wasn't clear at all. Video angles were not good enough to conclude anything. Benefit of the doubt should have been given to the batsman. But oh well, Dharmasena was the thrid umpire. what else can you expect from him.

it was blurry,but u could make out that no part of the ball was touching the ground:13:

Agree with you. It wasn't clear at all. Video angles were not good enough to conclude anything. Benefit of the doubt should have been given to the batsman. But oh well, Dharmasena was the thrid umpire. what else can you expect from him.

As soon as I heard the commentator say;

Taufel now referring with the 3rd umpire, lets see what Dharmasena thinks........

Doesnt take an Einstien to know what would happen next :)....

P.S.. I take back all I said about the Aussie umpires, Sri Lankan umpires takes the cake for me for giving it their all to helping their team win....

Malinga this morning: "It's turning big. Not much pace and bounce but i will try and do something to get some early wickets. I think spinners will have more effect on this. I will start with one spinner at the start of the day i think. "

Vikas: "Will Sachin answer his critics too with a match-winning 4th inning knock under tough conditions, a la Chennai? Will Laxman do a Kolkata? Will Raina continue his dream start in Test Cricket? No. India will lose by a hundred or more."

Vivek Bhandari: "This Test match has seen it all, from fighting centuries to teasing tailenders, from toe-crushers n finger crunchers to vicious spinners, from simple giveaway catches to inconclusive ones...and what not...n now we've rain...woof...I hope it would get a result at least, and I'm a patriotic Indian...so no guesses...;)" Ah! The rain has stopped btw.

Ajantha Mendis said late last evening: "There is a tendency for wickets to fall in the morning session and we should be able to make use of that opportunity."
mendis a hero

I didn't know sri lanka had its own umar gul.

who is this lefty that keeps throwing noballs

sharma gone.

this should be a good game. I can't believe i'm watching this.Batting collapse after batting collapse by pakistanis are forcing me to watch other teams instead.

sharma gone.

this should be a good game. I can't believe i'm watching this.Batting collapse after batting collapse by pakistanis are forcing me to watch other teams instead.

Lol. I'm watching this last day for the same reason.

Randiv to Tendulkar, no run, Dropped by Dilshan at short-leg: Oh dear. It was around the leg and middle- that's the line they have been bowling at Tendulkar all along here- and he pushes at it. It went of the bat and pad to right of short-leg where Dilshan lunges but fails to hold on. It was catch able. It should have been taken but he has fluffed it.

Comment on cricinfo
Randika: "Sanga's forcing Randiv to be one dimensional, big spinning offbreak. Takes the straighter and the wrong one out by not employing close-in fielders on the offside."
funny name, Randika:)

Last edited:
Randiv to Tendulkar, FOUR, floated around the leg stump line and Tendulkar thumps that vertical-sweep shot of his. Four!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back