Sri Lanka v India | 3rd Test | Colombo | 3-7 August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sl 100 runs short here they will get 150 should have scored 250 to be in the game.India to win by 6-7 wickets.

S.L 164/8

This must be an anoying partnership for India here!

After toiling all series looks like their spinners final have had some sucsess!

SL will miss Murali big time when they bowl.

I am convinced Samaraveera is Aravinda DeSilva's baby brother who got lost in a mela.

The way Tendulkar rubs the ball on his loin is quite obscene to be very honest.

Conversation between Samaraveera and Mendis when Mendis played loosely.

Samaraveera: Watch the ball.
Mendis: I was expecting a bouncer.
Samaraveera: He can never bowl a bouncer.

:)))

Ten Sports' Russel arnold transcribes an interesting conversation between Samaraweera and Mendis. Sam: What happened there? Why didn't you get in line? Mendis: I thought it would be a bouncer Sam,: Don't worry, He (mithun) can't bowl a bouncer. (I guess meaning he can't get it to bounce to very awkward heights and direct it well

Conversation between Samaraveera and Mendis when Mendis played loosely.

Samaraveera: Watch the ball.
Mendis: I was expecting a bouncer.
Samaraveera: He can never bowl a bouncer.

:)))

he is a baating allrounder

Well if Sri Lanka lose, it will be a well deserved loss. They have been negative in this match, they didnt score enough runs in the first innings and second their bowling without Murali is completely pedestrian and predictable.

Indians have done well to play this well especially with a weak bowling line up. They have believed in themselves.

I know Butt and Afridi got hammred by giving away easy singles. But Dhoni is not even bringing close the fielders to retain mendis on strike. Pathetic stuff.

Last edited:
A batting allrounder who can't bowl a bouncer to save his life. :inzi

he bowl in underprepared wickets in last seasons(ranzi trophy) and get most of his wicket,selector think he is a great bowler and picked him:))):)))

The pitch is perfect for spin and still Ishant can't take a wicket.

Ishant has succeeded in bowling 50 mph. He only needs to add another 50.

This is terrible bowling by Ishant I just got back from work expecting India to be batting but my god they cant even get Mendis out, HORRIBLE, I FEEL SICK...........................

Samarawerra greatest EVER, I dont think there will be a better HOME TRACK BULLY in the next 100 years....

Another 50 runs and its game on. But India should win if they have to chase only 250.

Dhoni urging the left arm spinner to pitch outside leg. Strange. Your team is on top, Dhoni!

Samaraveera has started shielding Mendis. Signs that one of them is going to get out soon. (Mendis is playing better than Sama)

Samaraveera has started shielding Mendis. Signs that one of them is going to get out soon. (Mendis is playing better than Sama)

Yeah that's a bit strange considering how well Mendis had batted. He has actually been more fluent than Sama

Lead up to 200. India losing a grip on the match?

Yeah that's a bit strange considering how well Mendis had batted. He has actually been more fluent than Sama
That's a mistake but I understand why they are doing it.

An hour ago they were desperate as they had nothing to lose. Now they feel they have something to lose, which is making them over-cautious. A mistake nevertheless.

India have squandered this. They should have bundled Lanka well under 150, but now anything over 250 will be difficult for them to chase.

Time for Powar (or is it Pawar?) to call Ranatunga.:naved

Is Misra related to Rajesh Chauhan? Amazing resemblance!

100 run partnership at Tea. India has bowled very defensivley lately.

Last edited:
Great seassion for SL, still India have edge if they can get them out quickly.

Haha, even though Samaweera is probably the greatest flat bully of all time, he's proven time and time again that he's invaluable. The man just doesn't get out when playing at home. He's like the ultimate trump card when things are tough while playing at home/inside sub continent.

Great seassion for SL, still India have edge if they can get them out quickly.
Sri lanka need a lead of more than 300 I think to have a shot of winning.

Difference between Sri Lanka's batsmen and India's, is that India's are more technically skilled to make runs in difficult conditions (hence fair better outside the sub continent). Plus Sri Lanka's bowlers aren't great. Better than India's, but still not great.

Samaraweera can be called a home FTB - however, he's been classy today.

Tough innings and he's done well.

Samaraweera can be called a home FTB - however, he's been classy today.

Tough innings and he's done well.

No doubt about that. Very well controlled innings. He's batted really well with the tail so far (Malinga and Mendis).

Interesting thing is Mendis has faced the majority of the deliveries in this partnership

I hope Mendis gets his maiden fifty

No doubt about that. Very well controlled innings. He's batted really well with the tail so far (Malinga and Mendis).

Interesting thing is Mendis has faced the majority of the deliveries in this partnership
I hope Mendis gets his maiden fifty

So samaraweera doing a malik here?

This is the field: Two slips and consider this - Three third mans!:moyo

So samaraweera doing a malik here?

Difference is that Samaraweera has actually scored the bulk of the runs, but he's also kept Mendis away from Sharma as much possible.

...and Mendis reaches his maiden 50! What an effort!

This reminds me of what the Aussie tail did to us at Lord's

Difference is that Samaraweera has actually scored the bulk of the runs, but he's also kept Mendis away from Sharma as much possible.

...and Mendis reaches his maiden 50! What an effort!

Current partnership 110 runs, 35.2 overs, RR: 3.11 (Samaraweera 54, Mendis 53) :malik

They are looking set to take the least over 300. India had great chance to draw the series, but chasing 300 can be though and India may lose in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back