Sri Lanka v India l 1st Test l Colombo | 23/7/08 | INDIA THRASHED!

W63L35

Post of the Week winner
Runs
Post of the Week
Wet outfield. Delayed start.

Cricinfo said:
Bad news. Overnight heavy rain which carried on in the morning as well and it's still drizzling out there. It's monsoon season in Sri Lanka and the ground staff have come prepared. 90% of the ground is covered. They are regularly removing water from the middle, even with rain around, to stop the water from sweeping in through the covers like a tea bag. So at the moment it is just a drizzle and probably the ground staff will need 90 minutes to clear the covers. Having said that, chances of play starting before lunch looks bleak.

"it's still drizzling out there. It's monsoon season"

Most important matches are being played in the monsoon season.

PlanetPakistan said:
it will be washed out

Great now I will have to wait till 3rd test to see Sachin be the leading run getter in test matches :pissed:

Always puzzles me, why the heck they schedule these games during Monsoon/Tornado seasons ? another pathetic planning by the sub-continental teams.. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FELLAS ;)..

Asim2Good said:
"planning" doesn't exit in dictionary of asian cricket boards

If the game is washed off that means no coverage, which in theory should mean no revenue. Is that how it works ? or are these greedy sub continental boards covered by insurance ?

Cricinfo informs that play will start at 3:30 pm. Her's what cricinfo commentary team had to say:

"Play will start at 3.30 pm, informs umpire Benson. We will have an extended session and will play 42 overs. Play will be extended by an hour."

I don't really care if ODI matches are delayed or washed out by rains. But I get annoyed big time when rain creates trouble in Test matches. I have a soft corner in my hear for Test cricket, and anything that hinders it pisses me off !!

Going to be hard to score on a wet Sri Lankan outfield.

Sl win toss and bat. Wicket is going to turn a lot they reckon. What a surprise eh? :D

Last edited:
Random Aussie said:
Going to be hard to score on a wet Sri Lankan outfield.

Sl win toss and bat. Wicket is going to turn a lot they reckon. What a surprise eh? :D

Oh wonder what the fair and just Roshan Mahanama will say about that :) .. On another note I cant rem when the last time India ever won a toss and batted first in a test match...

Romali_rotti said:
Oh wonder what the fair and just Roshan Mahanama will say about that :) .. On another note I cant rem when the last time India ever won a toss and batted first in a test match...

It is cheating when India do it :D

Anyway good luck to your team Romali, although I hope they lose.

omg man cant they have better commentators?

y do we have to suffer while listening to these noobs?

Random Aussie said:
It is cheating when India do it :D

Anyway good luck to your team Romali, although I hope they lose.

CHeers mate, I am watching the game through the stream which you gave me and it is breaking up bad, can you email me any other ones ?

This doesnt look like a typical sub continetal type wicket, the bounce is as good as you see at the Gabba :O.. As I type this an edge goes past fielder for 4 :po:

idiot kumble could have picked rp singh for bhajji but noo?

everyone knows that ishant and zk are not workhorses, so they cant bowl all day long

What ludacris tactic by Kumble, why the hell is Ganguly bowling now ????? Is Ishant injured already ????

TruSachFan said:

Bishop and waqar are there thats some serious pace in the comm box.

TruSachFan said:

The best commentator in the world, i.e. Harsha Bhogle, is signed with STAR sports, so he cant commentate here :p

DRAW, btw.

Rain/bad light etc etc will heavily interrupt the Test match in upcoming days i think...

So were there any referrals? I missed today's play.

No referrals. There were a few close LBW appelas but not referred

lollol said:
DRAW, btw.

Rain/bad light etc etc will heavily interrupt the Test match in upcoming days i think...

Don't care - just want to see Ajantha doing well

cars112 said:
Don't care - just want to see Ajantha doing well

And if he does, then I still see Sri Lanka beating India, even if more rain interrupts play. Sri Lanka, I feel will only need to bat once.

iZeeshan said:
So, 23rd WASN"T a seminal moment.

23 July 2008 will be remembered as the day of his Test debut...which if it was...obviously Ajantha may destroy India on the 24th, 25th or 26th...but 23 July 2008 was the day he made his Test debut. And make no mistake, this kid will end up as one of the great, great bowlers.

Raz said:
And if he does, then I still see Sri Lanka beating India, even if more rain interrupts play. Sri Lanka, I feel will only need to bat once.

Sounds good to me, mate!

I think there was only one close lbw

It wasnt given, and hawk-eye suggested it would just clip leg-stump

Raz said:
The key will be mendis and murali but overall the 1st day belonged to India

PlanetPakistan said:
117-2

ZAK had Wernapura caught and bowled but it was a no ball(debatable one)

Very debatable considering it was Benson who called it :D.. Nah ill let him of the hook here for now..

KARTHIK YOU ^^#*@#&(*$)*@)@#( B******HHHHH, he drops Mahela down again.. Oh this game is over Indian supporters, best we can hope for is a draw, catches win matches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Ja Yaar Wardi Me approaching his 23rd test century.

Romali_rotti said:
Yeah watching it live, if you wanna link post me your email I cant post it here...

okay am going to PM you.
:)

OH man just looking at Karthik making me chronically sick in the head. He looks a fricken alien out there; no shoulders, large size head walking around like nothing is wrong......

Momo said:
okay am going to PM you.
:)

Get one of the mods to send me your email, posters are allowed to email each other, unless you already have mine ?

Romali_rotti said:
Get one of the mods to send me your email, posters are allowed to email each other, unless you already have mine ?

Yes my PM failed. Am going to ask a mod to relay my email to you.

Romali_rotti said:
KARTHIK YOU ^^#*@#&(*$)*@)@#( B******HHHHH, he drops Mahela down again.. Oh this game is over Indian supporters, best we can hope for is a draw, catches win matches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

wat do you mean again ?

jayawardene completes his ninth century on the ground. DON equalled.

Romali_rotti said:
I MEANT KARTHIK HAS JUST COST US THE FIRST GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :po:

oh I just checked , he had droped jaya once before as well .. :(

jusarrived said:
oh I just checked , he had droped jaya once before as well .. :(

Now watch Jaya hit a 300 and Murali will bowl us out to an innings defeat.. THESE CATCHES HAVE TO STAY IN THE GLOVESSSSSSSS,, I AM JUST PISSED AT EVERYONE;DHONI, WANT TO &(&(&)(#&*^$* KARTHIK :pissed: , Parthiv......

Back