Tasmania v Pakistan | Tour Match | Hobart | 19-21 Dec 09

Over 51.5: Krejza to Khan Niazi, SIX, slog sweep, very high, just carries the rope at mid wicket

:six for :misbah!!!!!

I'm really hoping Misbah gets out soon and Fawad gets a score. Otherwise we're going to see Misbah getting another game at the MCG.

ahsanib said:
I'm really hoping Misbah gets out soon and Fawad gets a score. Otherwise we're going to see Misbah getting another game at the MCG.
Why would you wish that. What if he plays good, and gets run. So he gets in the squad and makes run in the test too. Are you for individual players or do you root for Pakistan? If you root for Pakistan, then it shouldn't matter who scores run as long as, we as a team do good.:)

Um, no. It's because I know Misbah is a crap player, and that he will play badly if he gets into the team. It's also because I know our team management is incredibly stupid, and will play Misbah (despite his terrible form in NZ) if he gets a half-decent score.

Misbah on 29. This is a very dangerous sign, if he gets one more run his technique would have improved greatly since Napier which would ensure 10 more tests. Can the team management just let Fawad Alam play. Yeah he didnt score much, but he cant do worse than misbah. Alam is the future, misbah is neither the present nor the future.

ahsanib said:

Thats too negative. I sincerely hope to see Fawad given a chance and more importantly him making use of the chances to prove himself, but I would never wish for another player to fail so that my preferred player could get in. Misbah looked OK in the last couple of matches until he had an EPIC STUPID moment at the moment of his dismissals. He could have a couple of useful years for Pakistan if he applies himself properly.

Form means nothing. Misbah came to new zealand after hitting a 284. Form in domestic cricket or in side matches does not mean you have technique.

Look at Umar Akmals stats this year in domestic cricket.
Look at Khurram Manzoor's stats in domestic cricket.
Look at Peter Fulton's stats in domestic cricket this year.

Performing in domestic cricket means you have ability but it doesnt mean you can play at the next level.

I hope Misbah gets back into form, because he has shown before that he can play at this level.

I am not confident with Faisal Iqbal, and his 16 runs today have just confirmed that once again. I would much rather have Fawad Alam in the lineup, but not as no. 3 batsman, but a no. 6. Give him a chance at a spot where he has a chance to succeed.

Faisal has had his shot at no. 6 on numerous occasions before, without showing anything substantial.

Really hope Misbah gets injured or something. I know it's horrible but he's useless.

insaaniyat said:
Why would you wish that. What if he plays good, and gets run. So he gets in the squad and makes run in the test too. Are you for individual players or do you root for Pakistan? If you root for Pakistan, then it shouldn't matter who scores run as long as, we as a team do good.:)
what kind of logic is that? how do you know Misbah will take his first class match brilliance into tests? Must be closely following how he is doing in tests this year and ignoring how Fawad has done in tests.

Misbah scored hundreds under pressure in India, I give him that but those were on dead pitches.

iafzal said:
what kind of logic is that? how do you know Misbah will take his first class match brilliance into tests? Must be closely following how he is doing in tests this year and ignoring how Fawad has done in tests.
ignored

you can hate on Faisal Iqbal all you want but at least he showed some guts scoring 67. After the shot he played in the second innings misbah shudnt dawn the whites again.

Even in Odis I wud use him as a backup. Too many players ahead of him including yousuf.

akafen said:
Misbah scored hundreds under pressure in India, I give him that but those were on dead pitches.

Man, those were pressure cooker like situations that he was batting in. All the other batsmen failed on those dead pitches, so give him credit for that. He played well, and has shown that he can handle the pressure.

Now, if he can get back into some kind of form, I am all for Misbah. Currently he is looking good. Just needs to rotate the strike instead of block, block mentality.

I would like Yousuf to play at 3, followed by Misbah, Umer and Fawad.

pacman said:
I would like Yousuf to play at 3, followed by Misbah, Umer and Fawad.

This will be the ideal batting order if only MoYo will man up and bat one position up...

This Khan Niazi seems pretty handy - Khan Niazi for captain?

Jason Krejza showing exactly why, even though he spin it a mile, can bowl doosra, he is not considered for Test selection. Just has no ability to restrict the batsman.

Radio commentators have been praising Butt, saying he looks class.

Its unbelievable. Misbah and Butt are scoring. Don't wory, they will be back to the crapy form in the real game.

sali said:
Its unbelievable. Misbah and Butt are scoring. Don't wory, they will be back to the crapy form in the real game.
I hope they continue to score in test too if they play:)

gollumbird said:
This will be the ideal batting order if only MoYo will man up and bat one position up...

I think he is up to it, but it all probably lies in how he thinks our openers will do. If they play out the new ball, and score some decent opening stands, then he might take it up. Regardless of how our openers do, I think he is still best suited to handle that position.

So far, Farhat and Butt has managed to play well as openers, with some decent opening stands. I hope it continues, because opening has been our achiles heels for such a long long time.

Random Aussie said:
This Khan Niazi seems pretty handy - Khan Niazi for captain?

Jason Krejza showing exactly why, even though he spin it a mile, can bowl doosra, he is not considered for Test selection. Just has no ability to restrict the batsman.

Radio commentators have been praising Butt, saying he looks class.[/QUOTE]

Is there Radio audio streaming on the internet?

I like this Salman Butt kid.

Who's he again? I thought he couldn't play.

insaaniyat said:
does that mean we finally got good openers now?:)

I hope so. Kami and the bowlers are sick and tired of bailing out the team...

sali said:
Is there Radio audio streaming on the internet?

No - I was out shopping listening to the cricket on the radio. The ABC here covers a summary of all the games going on and they mentioned the Pak/Tas game with praise for Butt and less praise for Krejza. No mention of Khan Niazi though.

This Partnership: 81 Runs From 125 Balls (R/R: 3.89)

Maybe Misbah/Khan Niazi is actually Fawad. Hopefully.

iZeeshan said:
This Partnership: 81 Runs From 125 Balls (R/R: 3.89)

Maybe Misbah/Khan Niazi is actually Fawad. Hopefully.

The scorers have it right. The full name is Misbah-ul-Haq Khan Niazi. Misbah-ul-Haq is first name, so Haq is NOT the last name, Khan Niazi is.

LOL no sooner after they have changed the name to Misbah-ul-Haq in commentary and scorecard...

Butt in 90s. Misbah in 40s. Butt is certain to play the first game, but Misbah could seal his spot with a 50.

What the heck? Kabhi Khan Nizai kabhi Misbah-ul-Haq, they are confusing the heck out of everybody!

gollumbird said:
Thats too negative. I sincerely hope to see Fawad given a chance and more importantly him making use of the chances to prove himself, but I would never wish for another player to fail so that my preferred player could get in. Misbah looked OK in the last couple of matches until he had an EPIC STUPID moment at the moment of his dismissals. He could have a couple of useful years for Pakistan if he applies himself properly.
how long do u wanna see misbah doing 70 balls 7 runs? he has been doing this for since india series.

akafen said:
you can hate on Faisal Iqbal all you want but at least he showed some guts scoring 67. After the shot he played in the second innings misbah shudnt dawn the whites again.

Even in Odis I wud use him as a backup. Too many players ahead of him including yousuf.
even the comantators were sure misbah will be sent to lahor after the gamme. how bad that shot was.

Going on nicely pakistan. nice to know that but sad to see farhat didnt got a 50 or a 100 but Mr.BUTT is playing nicely and he should make sure he repeat this performance in the test series aswell and oh my MR.OLD misbah has been playing nicely aswell 42 of 77 balls. Why YOUSUF not playing and Gul or Amir should have been rested here and danish should have been selected aswell. anyway its a warm up game but where is sami he should have been playing

Ryankhan said:
Going on nicely pakistan. nice to know that but sad to see farhat didnt got a 50 or a 100 but Mr.BUTT is playing nicely and he should make sure he repeat this performance in the test series aswell and oh my MR.OLD misbah has been playing nicely aswell 42 of 77 balls. Why YOUSUF not playing and Gul or Amir should have been rested here and danish should have been selected aswell. anyway its a warm up game but where is sami he should have been playing

Has Sami even reached Australia? He should have been playing if he is there.

Misbah will make sure he does well here so he can be in the test team..what an sorry @ss player this guy is ..he can't do it at the top level anymore.....so y not beat on kids in useless matches

Really happy for Butt. Hopefully they can pick up the scoring rate a little. They're not gonna cut it.

First 20 overs like that are perfectly fine if it gets us to positions like these.

Misbah seems to have gone into block, block mode. Snap out of it and turn the strike over. The new ball is due 7 overs or so.

Misbah is out

Over 73.2: MacDonald to Misbah Ul-Haq, no run, OUT, drives straight to Bailey at shortish cover

Cricket Australia isn't working anymore.

Cricinfo is too slow.

Other sources?

Geordie Ahmed said:
Misbah is out

Over 73.2: MacDonald to Misbah Ul-Haq, no run, OUT, drives straight to Bailey at shortish cover

It seems like he is trying too hard to defend, and gets into this block mentality which is not good at all. And then he gets out driving. Just rotate the strike over. He did it well for his 42, but then just got stuck there.

In Sri Lanka Fawad Alam was forced to open. In NZ, he was sent at 1 down. Now -- at #6. This is called ruining a career!

Back