Tasmania v Pakistan | Tour Match | Hobart | 19-21 Dec 09

JeeraBlade said:
In Sri Lanka Fawad Alam was forced to open. In NZ, he was sent at 1 down. Now -- at #6. This is called ruining a career!

He should play at 6. What is wrong with that?

wow what are my eyes seeing!? Pak 233-3 with Butt century!? lets hope there are more of them against Australia

ali_ed2006 said:
wow what are my eyes seeing!? Pak 233-3 with Butt century!? lets hope there are more of them against Australia
Insha-Allah. Why the scoreboard show two Umar Akmal playing :) lol

Please can somebody just update me as to Pakistan's score and how each batsman as done since the scorecard refuses to open on my mobile. Thanks in advance!

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1155462/Pakistan-move-to-2-157-against-Tasmania

Pakistan move to 2-157 against Tasmania
Email to friendPrintEnlarge text19 December 2009 | 03:28:09 PM | Source: AAP
Pakistan opener Salman Butt has scored an unbeaten half-century on day one of the three-day tour match against Tasmania at Bellerive Oval.

.Butt was given two lives early in his innings, a bungled stumping and a dropped catch, to be 70 off 164 balls with Pakistan 2-157 at tea.

His 50 came off 139 balls and included six fours.

Misbah Ul Haq has shared a 54-run partnership with Butt and is unbeaten on 26.

Tim Macdonald had Pakistan opener Imran Farhat caught behind for 32 before Brendan Drew had Faisal Iqbal caught for 17 at point off a loose square drive.

Tasmania won the toss.

Usman said:
Please can somebody just update me as to Pakistan's score and how each batsman as done since the scorecard refuses to open on my mobile. Thanks in advance!

Pak 244/3 (78.5 Overs)

Farhat 32 (100)
Butt 138* (242)
Faisal 17 (27)
Misbah 43 (90)
Umar Akmal 0* (18)

Zechariah said:
Does Alam want to do a Misbah here or what?

get off the mark dude.

According to the scorecard its Umar Akmal so not sure why you are having a go at Fawad

Geordie Ahmed said:
According to the scorecard its Umar Akmal so not sure why you are having a go at Fawad
:)) I'm not having a go at him. It's perfectly fine for him to be like that. I just don't expect Umar to play like that lol

JeeraBlade said:
In Sri Lanka Fawad Alam was forced to open. In NZ, he was sent at 1 down. Now -- at #6. This is called ruining a career!

It wouldn't be the first time we've treated a youngster like this.

Salman Butt playing very nicely. Hopefully he can carry this form throughout the tour. He did pretty well the last time he came to Australia IIRC.

Afridi_Fan said:
He plays like T20 in tests and vice versa in T20. Isn't he a true legend. ;-)
i wouldn't mind how he plays in test, as long as he can duplicate this inning

Geordie Ahmed said:

Well Fawad was ahead of Umar and scorecard has two Umars, so I am presuming its Fawad?

iZeeshan said:
:)) I'm not having a go at him. It's perfectly fine for him to be like that. I just don't expect Umar to play like that lol

I never said you did - I quoted Zechariah

Zechariah said:
Well Fawad was ahead of Umar and scorecard has two Umars, so I am presuming its Fawad?

Who knows - lets find out for certain before having a go at him

What if its Umar Akmal?

Geordie Ahmed said:
Who knows - lets find out for certain before having a go at him

What if its Umar Akmal?

GA why do you think am having a go at him? :13: Fawad is one of the players I like.

If its Umar, I would say the same thing, get off the mark!

pacman said:
He should play at 6. What is wrong with that?
Yes -- that is HIS position but I am talking about captains making him play musical chair with the batting positions.

Geordie Ahmed said:
Pak 244/3 (78.5 Overs)

Farhat 32 (100)
Butt 138* (242)
Faisal 17 (27)
Misbah 43 (90)
Umar Akmal 0* (18)

:eek: Thanks for that! I can't believe it! Fantastic stuff from Butt! Exactly the start we needed to this tour!!

Zechariah said:
GA why do you think am having a go at him? :13: Fawad is one of the players I like.

If its Umar, I would say the same thing, get off the mark!

It seemed like you were having a go for not getting off the mark yet

Its test cricket so im not really fussed - its better that they take their time and get in, rather than play rash shots

aamer wicketkeeper and captain?
wow! way to go aamer! itni jaldi captaan bhi ban gaye

zabardast =p

my scorecard shows only one umar akmal,not sure what others on here are on about :S

JeeraBlade said:
Yes -- that is HIS position but I am talking about captains making him play musical chair with the batting positions.
Yousef will be all praise after this tour. Allah is on his side:)

Misbah played 90 balls for 0 fours but 2 sixes! :))) I can imagine he blocked 88 balls and sent 2 over the mid-wicket boundary.

Geordie Ahmed said:
It seemed like you were having a go for not getting off the mark yet

Its test cricket so im not really fussed - its better that they take their time and get in, rather than play rash shots

I agree but I don't want especially Fawad to be bogged down too much, considering it builds up pressure eventually - I want him in the team.

Seems Manzoor is completely a passenger in the team now. Not even got the chance on side game and will not be getting a chance unless one of the openers get a golden duck

iafzal said:
Is Butt is back?
Will know in 8 days...
you sure are negative person when it comes to others. I think you are an indian fan. Life can be very positive if you look at glass half full.

Fair play to Butt - getting 150 deserves credit. Lets hope he can score like this in the test series

insaaniyat said:
you sure are negative person when it comes to others. I think you are an indian fan. Life can be very positive if you look at glass half full.
:20:

well done Butt...lets just not get too excited its a tour game.....true test will be on the 26th. hope he can replicate this performance.

Geordie Ahmed said:
266/3 (83.3 Overs)

Butt 152* (260)
Umar 8* (28)
Butt the legend. Umer needs to hit out. We need to give our bowlers some practice too.

Butt-Umer 50 run partnership with Umer scoring 4. Is he teasing Butt to see how far he can run before coming behind him to finish first or Mulana saheb is doing wazeefa on Umer?

shaaan said:
well done Butt...lets just not get too excited its a tour game.....true test will be on the 26th. hope he can replicate this performance.
be careful you may be called an Indian fan

Afridi_Fan said:
Butt the legend. Umer needs to hit out. We need to give our bowlers some practice too.

Well, its a 3 day game, so plenty of time left for them to get a bowl. We still need Fawad and Akmal to bat, and they need to, because we need batting practice more than bowling practise.

Hope Butt pops a 200 here, and that Fawad and Umar can get nice 70+ scores too.

Hopefully that will lead to Misbah getting dropped.

Is this pitch flat or what?

Remarkable batting from Salman so far.

..and he's out.

iZeeshan said:

I think Misbah just did enough to stay in the first test. MoYo may go without changing the side, unless, Fawad or Rauf come big in this game.

iZeeshan said:

I'd rather see Faisal dropped than Misbah.

insaaniyat said:
I think Misbah will be in and Faisal would be dropped
Because Faisal scored 67 in the test and Misbah 43 in a side game?
or seniority under Moyo trumps all?
Which one of the two?

well played Butt, that's a big score, and hopefully he'll carry this form to the Tests. nice knock from Farhat as well, maybe didn't get too many runs but lasted a 100 balls, so at least the openers are batting out tons of overs.

granted Butt did get a life early on.

insaaniyat said:
I think Misbah will be in and Faisal would be dropped
i doubt it faisal will be dropped. specially hitting 67 runs in last inning.

i dont want to sound negative but:

this is a very weak bowling attack and again this match will mean very little come the likes of johnson, bollinger and siddle.

however, well done to butt. i tip him to be one of the best batsman in the series.

iafzal said:
Because Faisal scored 67 in the test and Misbah 43 in a side game?
or seniority under Moyo trumps all?
Which one of the two?

A couple of things to note. Faisals 67 on a dead wicket, was not without chances. But more then that, he just doesn't inspire any confidence. He looks like he can get out any moment when playing the fast bowlers.

I'd like to see Fawad given a longer run. He looks like a gutsy player and willing to take up a fight and grind it out.

Liverpool_Faizan said:
i dont want to sound negative but:

this is a very weak bowling attack and again this match will mean very little come the likes of johnson, bollinger and siddle.

however, well done to butt. i tip him to be one of the best batsman in the series.
Good knock from him. Hope he continues the same form in Test and go for the double.

pacman said:
A couple of things to note. Faisals 67 on a dead wicket, was not without chances. But more then that, he just doesn't inspire any confidence. He looks like he can get out any moment when playing the fast bowlers.

I'd like to see Fawad given a longer run. He looks like a gutsy player and willing to take up a fight and grind it out.
We believe in seniority. We may have another senior in ODI, though he is not at all good in ODI. Our selectors believe in either seniority or ICL connection

insaaniyat said:
Good knock from him. Hope he continues the same form in Test and go for the double.
If anyone is going to do well from our first 3 spots then it got to be Butt. He had done it last time around. Luck will be a factor, 2 chances today will not cut with Aussie first side.

Last edited:
iafzal said:
If anyone is going to do well from our first 3 spots then it got to be Butt. He had done it last time around. Luck will be a factor, 2 chances today will not cut with Aussie first side.
jis ko Allah rakhe, usko kaun chakhe?:)

insaaniyat said:
We believe in seniority. We may have another senior in ODI, though he is not at all good in ODI. Our selectors believe in either seniority or ICL connection

I know. That is why I am hoping that Fawad score some decent runs, as I think it will be contest between Faisal and Fawad, and not Misbah. If Misbah is competing for his spot, Moyo will let seniority prevail and let him play.

pacman said:
I know. That is why I am hoping that Fawad score some decent runs, as I think it will be contest between Faisal and Fawad, and not Misbah. If Misbah is competing for his spot, Moyo will let seniority prevail and let him play.
true and I hope Fawad gets in. He just may, Faisal doesn't have any pull (no seniority or ICL connection)

insaaniyat said:
true and I hope Fawad gets in. He just may, Faisal doesn't have any pull (no seniority or ICL connection)

Right :D

But from a logical point of view, if anything can be logical with Pakistan cricket, then Fawad will provide the team better scoring oppertunities.

He is left hander, and will most probably play with a right hander as a partner if he bats at 6. He looks like a player who has a price on his wicket. And he can also chip in with some left arm spin if its needed. I think he can provide much better balance to the team.

Last edited:
270 in a day. Means 3 runs per over which is not that bad as we have just lost 4 wickets only.

Back