Tasmania v Pakistan | Tour Match | Hobart | 19-21 Dec 09

ooopS!

Over 102.3: Drew to Akmal, no run, OUT, short of a length, tries to whip off the hip over midwicket, takes high on the bat and dollies straight to Wells at square leg

Over 102.3: Drew to Akmal, no run, OUT, short of a length, tries to whip off the hip over midwicket, takes high on the bat and dollies straight to Wells at square leg

314/5 (102.3 Overs)

Umar Akmal out for 27 (84)

Fawad Alam 26 (54)

Im glad Alam is still there - Umar is guaranteed to play BUT Alam needs to impress here

Well at least he spent enough time in the middle to get some idea of the conditions.

disappointing stuff from umer .. he seems to be going backwards.

I think once Akmal and Alam reach their 50s Pakistan needs to declare.

Random Aussie said:
Not sure how weak the attack is in their home conditions. Geeves is next in line for an Aussie cap, Krejza has played Test cricket, Brendan Drew has played for Aus A. Pakistan should be very happy with the day's proceedings.

Especially given what is happening over in Perth.

Well not sure what you mean here?

Aussies are very likely win today.

Wazeeri said:
I think once Akmal and Alam reach their 50s Pakistan needs to declare.

i doubt they will. its all about batting practice. our bowling is fine

JeeraBlade said:
:)
So much for the test cricket!

Over 102.2: Drew to Akmal, SIX, picks it up off the pads and deposits over midwicket, strikes the fence on the full

84 ball 21 is good for everyone except Umer Akmal and Afridi. He is better off playing 50 ball 50.

90MPH said:
You really think so ?

i guess for now he should just go back to playing his natural game ... blast a quick 50 .. maybe close to 100 if he's lucky.

this batting slowly thing doesn't seem to work for him.

Wazeeri said:
He hit a six, the ball before he got out :10:
He has gotten out that way more then once. I recall him hitting Murli for 6 and thene got out hitting him out ofthe groung on the next ball.

Wazeeri said:
He hit a six, the ball before he got out :10:

that was just one ball .. the rest of his innings wasn't built like he likes it ... he had a strike rate of around 20.

Congrats to Krejza for giving up 100 runs

Bowlers O M R W Econ
JJ Krejza* 19.5 0 101 0 5.09

fawad_wellwisher said:
Congrats to Krejza for giving up 100 runs

Bowlers O M R W Econ
JJ Krejza* 19.5 0 101 0 5.09

yeah .. i doubt that australia will be producing spinning pitches.

fawad gone too

thus far only butt has crossed 50 and that was after he was given multiple lives.

Farhat 32

Misbah 43

Umar Akmal 27

Fawad 33

All getting starts and not pushing on.

Not good enough really.

if only malik played, he would have smashed a century like butt too in a warm up when it doesn't matter.

Over 113.6: Krejza to Akmal, SIX, down the track, smashed high over long off, another massive strike
Over 113.5: Krejza to Akmal, FOUR, smashes hard, ball skews off a thick outside edge over cover and out to the fence

itduzz said:
Hilfenhaus is fit or no :akhtar

No idea, he is supposed to play grade cricket this weekend.

But would imagine one of Siddle or Hilfenhaus will be fit so they will come in for McKay. If they are both fit, Hilf will come in and Siddle would be 12th man.

Will be more interesting if Ponting is not able to play, Hughes hit a century yesterday so he might come in and Katich to 3.

Aamer should've been rested IMO.

Considering Yousuf, Asif and Kaneria are all rested and going to start, does this mean :malik is also a certainty to start on Boxing day? :13:

Random Aussie said:
Sydney will turn, Melbourne will turn a bit.

What about this ground ?

Strange ... but its the same place where the third test will be played.

What about this ground ?

I think that's another Hobart, Bellerive Oval.

kashif77 said:
What about this ground ?

Not sure, hard to get a read on Hobart. Usually is a pretty flat pitch but who knows.

mindless slogging said:
Aamer should've been rested IMO.

Considering Yousuf, Asif and Kaneria are all rested and going to start, does this mean :malik is also a certainty to start on Boxing day? :13:

Hopefully.:D

Aamer definitely needed to be rested. God this is M Zahid all over again !!

saj001 said:
Murali always bowl poor down under

macgill wasnt to great either in that match.

seems like an overall flat pitch.

Sorry if my head's been underground on this issue, but what's going on with Brett Lee? Why isn't he on the field somewhere?

kashif77 said:
macgill wasnt to great either in that match.

seems like an overall flat pitch.

Napier of Australia :13:

I Like Hobart , it is a very good ODI cricket ground. I remember last time Afridi really layed into Aussie's :)

Hobart seems like a really results orientated pitch.
6 results out of 8 matches

octavian said:
but this one is green apparently isn't it?

yep, it was stated to be a greenish wicket, and overheard conditions were said to favour the bowlers on the 1st day

i can't wait for this series to start ...

personally i would have liked management to have rested Ammir in this game and play ed with an extra batsman someone like Manzoor

cuz bowling is not a worry its our batting that will take us down

I think Fawad did enough to earn a place. Should've gotten 50 with the way he was playing; but looked in good in touch today, I think.

Just watch, MoYo's purposely burning out Aamer so he bring in Sami...... stupid seniority.

They should declare. No needto have #8 and up practice. Akmal looks in good touch.

If we declare now we can get two bat again by lunch tomorrow. Our top order can use it.

Kami going ballistic on the Tasmanians, 10 4s and a six in his 64

Time to watch the Windies match.

Just 47 to win.

:)) Kami beating the daylights out of Krejza...maar Kami maar!

Back