Tasmania v Pakistan | Tour Match | Hobart | 19-21 Dec 09

Kamran Akmal is on FIRE !

I hope he gets a hunderd a good confidence boost ahead for him :)

Good to see Pakistan finaly showing some good batting...

Kamran Akmal gets to his hunderd

First ball of the over 6...96....
second ball of the over 4
Great job by the captain took him only 76 bals to get to his hunderd strike rate of 135...

kami looking very good ...a very fine knock of 100 from just 75 balls ....i wonder if we can get the hilights for this game?

Saqib said:
Kamran Akmal gets to his hunderd

First ball of the over 6...96....
second ball of the over 4
Great job by the captain took him only 76 bals to get to his hunderd strike rate of 135...
From where are you getting the updates?

Kamran Akmal is OUT:

Krejza to Akmal, no run, OUT, tries to hit over the top again, slices off an outside edge straight to Cowan at backward point. Ends a fantastic lightning innings from the keeper batsman

Pakistan is all out for 437 runs a good team effort now we hope that the bowling will also fire in this warm up match. And bowl out Tasmanians quickly as possibel, we should go very postively in the first test match :)

Last edited:
forget bowling them out...give 6 overs to Gully and Aamer, then spend the rest of the day using Misbah, Ajmal, SB and Farhat as the bowlers

I'm guessing Kami wanted to declare, so he probably just thought he'd smash it and finish quickly on a high score instead of settling for a lower score.

Kami is on a real purple patch. May be some brotherly competition is not bad after all. We are seeing what Kamran is really capable of which is far more than what he has done so far! qarbose ko dekh kar qarboza rang pakarta hai!

scorecard.jpg

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
forget bowling them out...give 6 overs to Gully and Aamer, then spend the rest of the day using Misbah, Ajmal, SB and Farhat as the bowlers

If only we had our star batsmen and seamer :yk

kamran akmal has been so good lately.........on fair pitches, against good bowlers.......he is probably the best pakistani batsmen going into this series (combination of experience and form)

coy0607 said:
kamran akmal has been so good lately.........on fair pitches, against good bowlers.......he is probably the best pakistani batsmen going into this series (combination of experience and form)

Indeed I feel he was underappreciated what he did in the NZ tour. MoYo, Farhat and Umar got most of the limelight but Kamran was the best bat of that tour I think.

Rauf Khan shares the new ball with Umar Gul Afridi

Gul a little expensive first up. Early days though:

Umar Gul 2.0 0 10 0 5.00

I should think so...can't really tell from scoreboard watching :)

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
I should think so...can't really tell from scoreboard watching :)

Vicky bhai should be on to Gully like a Hawk. A little too short, wide, half volley stuff from Gul these days.

Gul is the new Sami. And the worst news is that Original Sami is coming back. wooohoooo for us!!

relax, it's just a warmup match...Gully will succeed when it really counts

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
relax, it's just a warmup match...Gully will succeed when it really counts

like last innings of last test match? he was going at 8 an over

I just don't understand this obsession of Gul with short stuff. He was such a lethal full ball bowlers. It has all gone to the dumpster. What a shame!

gollumbird said:
I just don't understand this obsession of Gul with short stuff. He was such a lethal full ball bowlers. It has all gone to the dumpster. What a shame!

For his height he should actually have a good short ball but somehow he doesn't

Someone needs to go up to Gul and tell him to stop bowling short. Hopefully Waqar is taking notes on the side cause he's not fooling anyone with this rubbish.

I understand the odd short ball... but he's addicted to it like chain smokers are addicted to cigarettes.

Over 10.4: Aamer to Cowan, no run, OUT, pushes forward, takes a thin edge, straight to ul-Haq at first slip

Khan Niazi is now ul-Haq .. these commentators are just jokes.

Tamania 30/1 (12 Overs)

Wells 23* (32)

Aamer 1-0 (1 Over)
Rauf 0-7 (6 Overs)
Gull 0-23 (5 Overs)

gollumbird said:
Over 10.4: Aamer to Cowan, no run, OUT, pushes forward, takes a thin edge, straight to ul-Haq at first slip

First over wkt again. What the hell?

And another for Aamer!

Two wickets in two overs!

Jeez this kid is seriously good.

Misbah raising his test career from beyond the grave with these catches

Over 12.2: Aamer to Wells, no run, OUT, slashes outside off stump, edges straight to ul-Haq, his second catch of the innings

Congrats to all .. this basically confirms tht misbah is in the playing 11 for the first test = ) LOL

Aamer might run through this side. Scary signs for the Aussie team perhaps?

Aamir on fire!!! Good stuff from the kid! Next target Ponting and co!!!

Over 13.5: Rauf Khan to Bailey, no run, DROPPED, slower ball, full, Bailey checks his shot, back down the wicket very low to the tall paceman who gets his hands down in his follow through but can't complete the catch

i'd prefer we keep aamer as a secret weapon for the first test.

should have just played sami and gotten the ozzies hopes falsely up :p

Finally a dropped catch. I thought we might end up losing our streak. :)))

kingusama92 said:
Finally a dropped catch. I thought we might end up losing our streak. :)))

Man I was starting to get worried. I have calmed down now.

abdulqadir786 said:
thats cool we should just finish 'em up and bat the whole day 2morow!

Hopefully, inshallah by today we can have the bulb if the wickets maybe 7, or all.

The visitors in command at the break, 2 quick wickets to Aamer has put all sorts of pressure on the homeside

Back