Tasmania v Pakistan | Tour Match | Hobart | 19-21 Dec 09

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
Over 7.5: MacDonald to Butt, no run, DROPPED, good ball, takes an edge and flies slowly to Doolan at second slip but he drops an absolute sitter

:)), abh to 100 pakka hai!

;-) ;-) ;-)

Liverpool_Faizan said:
i dont want to sound negative but:

this is a very weak bowling attack and again this match will mean very little come the likes of johnson, bollinger and siddle.

however, well done to butt. i tip him to be one of the best batsman in the series.

Not sure how weak the attack is in their home conditions. Geeves is next in line for an Aussie cap, Krejza has played Test cricket, Brendan Drew has played for Aus A. Pakistan should be very happy with the day's proceedings.

Especially given what is happening over in Perth.

Damn I thought this was tonight.

Butt-aaah like's playing in Oz doesn't he?

Anyway, I hope Umar And Fawad get tons as well.

Fawad playing lower down the order. He should do better.

Very happy with that effort and especially the application shown by the openers. One rode his luck and made a good century and the other spent time on the crease. Even Misbah got runs which, let's face it, is a good thing as he's going to play no matter what Fawad does. Having said that, I'd like Fawad to go and make a big score. He's finally batting in a familiar position and has a chance to make it count.

Important that the Akmals spend time on the crease as well. They represent the positivity in the miuddle order and need a little look at the conditions.

Would ideally like us to bat for most of tomorrow and have as little bowling to do as possible. Don't underestimate the confidence a big total can bring into a test series.

Farhat and butt have been giving us good starts recently, let's hope it continues. All we need now is younis in the team and we will be looking alright

Guess Farhat and Butt are our openers now then.

Mr Iqbal should have all his hair plucked one by one until he has iqbal left.

Fawad should be in as lower order batsmen with Misbah taking the no.3 position.

Wazeeri said:
Guess Farhat and Butt are our openers now then.

Mr Iqbal should have all his hair plucked one by one until he has iqbal left.

Fawad should be in as lower order batsmen with Misbah taking the no.3 position.
you mean 1qbal..............1 baal :))

lol, good one Waz

I didn't get it till Raja broke it down :p:p

Very pleased with this today. Butt, well done son.

Misbah should not play vs aus but he will I think.

Good to see openers doing well again. These guys have been putting up decent first wicket partnerships so I guess we can go easy on them for now. Fawad coming lower down the order looks much better. He must score a big century against Tasmania if he really wants to take over Misbah or Faisal's spot.

Well played Salman Butt!

153 is a good score in overcast conditions. The pitch was green one, not a good one to bat on....

Juggernaut said:
Damn I thought this was tonight.

Butt-aaah like's playing in Oz doesn't he?

Anyway, I hope Umar And Fawad get tons as well.

Fawad playing lower down the order. He should do better.
Keep in mind Fawad came tobat around the 82nd so he will be facing the new ball tomorrow with relatively fresh bowlers. A good test for him.

Last edited:
^when he score runs, it will be because hes attained divine elignment for 1 match, thus he will be called the great 'Khan Niazi'.a name that strikes fears in the hearts of bowlers. but when he is in his normal poor form, he will be Misbah Ul Haq.

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
lol, good one Waz

I didn't get it till Raja broke it down :p:p
WOW....I actually cant believe Buttah hit a century and a half lol.......where's his No 1 Supporter ;-) (when are you giving out mithai?)

cricket_fever said:
WOW....I actually cant believe Buttah hit a century and a half lol.......where's his No 1 Supporter ;-) (when are you giving out mithai?)
And he will carry this form in the test too, Insha Allah:)

Good to see Butt get runs.

I really hope Malik nor Iqbal play in this test series.

well done butt-aah ! now remember to have a bath after that long innings
you will stink as if on a hell :younis

Free Hit said:
I hope all fawad getsome runs and make it to final 11
He MUST....he is a good batsmen, better than all the sifarishis, but he is never given a proper run...grrrr.....that makes me angry :po:

cricket_fever said:

if it was something new, then I would...but a 100 from SB?

*yawn* happens all the time ;-)

Good morning and welcome to a sun drenched Bellerive Oval for day 2 of the tour game between Tasmania and Pakistan.

and it starts! Fadi facing up 1st thing in the morning

Geeves to open up from the Church St end
Conditions could not be better, slightly overcast, bright and a gentle breeze. The pitch has lost a bit of it's tinge and should flatten out today

Lets hope Fawad does well today and makes a case for himself for the first Test.

Prediction of the Day: Alam will not make more than 15 runs :p

Over 90.6: Geeves to Alam, no run, pushes defensively into the offside
Over 90.5: Geeves to Alam, no run, shoulders arms again
Over 90.4: Geeves to Alam, no run, short of a length, plays back bunting to gully
Over 90.3: Geeves to Alam, no run, again fails to draw a shot from the batsman
Over 90.2: Geeves to Alam, no run, no shot offered again
Over 90.1: Geeves to Alam, no run, shoulders arms outside off

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
Prediction of the Day: Alam will not make more than 15 runs :p

If so, he'll only harm his chances in Australia. MoYo and co don't need much to drop him from the roster.

Geeves to Alam, one run, turned gently onto the onside, batsmen scamper through for a quick single

good running

Over 92.3: Geeves to Akmal, no run, bunts into the guly, takes off for a single that was never there, Drew gathers and fires at the stumps but misses with Umar Akmal out of his ground

Umar! dekh ke khelo!

i cant believe we are doing this well on a green pitch in Aussie land. am i dreaming?

octavian said:
i cant believe we are doing this well on a green pitch in Aussie land. am i dreaming?

Yes. You will wake up Dec 26 or 27, depending on when we start our batting.

Let's hope Fawad scores high. I think even a 50 odd is not enough for a place, he has to score a century or slightly less.

Last edited:
Over 93.6: MacDonald to Alam, FOUR, short, cut hard backward of point

slightly uppish! but in the gap, 4 runs

I would like to see how the good bowlers are. Geeves is on the fringes of selection for the national side, so he must be good.

I once heard Bob Willis call McDonald , Ronald McDonald for his pie throwing. lol

Over 95.1: MacDonald to Akmal, two runs, whips off the pads through square leg

stylish flick off the pads by Umar, should have run harder though, could have had 3 there

octavian said:
I would like to see how the good bowlers are. Geeves is on the fringes of selection for the national side, so he must be good.

I once heard Bob Willis call McDonald , Ronald McDonald for his pie throwing. lol

this one's a different McDonald...Tim McDonald :ajmal

gollumbird said:
Umar Akmal is unusually subdued. I hope everything's fine.

must be trying to hang on to his place. Remember if you are not a "senior" and "experienced", then one strike and you are out.

He knows M Hafeez is breathing down his neck for selection.

Geordie Ahmed said:
How are you watching this AZ?

its like when mohammad saad looks at a scoreboard and says... "i think this guy has a great technique"

amarmak said:
its like when mohammad saad looks at a scoreboard and says... "i think this guy has a great technique"

:p

Over 96.6: Geeves to Alam, FOUR, short of a length but with width this time, cut hard backward of point to the fence

S-W-4

amarmak said:

Muhammad is a real champ isn't he.

His threads and posts are usually good comic relief.

amarmak said:

That is quite legendary.

Especially the 'you can just tell' when you ask for evidence. :)

But back to the cricket and no more poster discussions :malik

Pakistan are quite well set, good chance for these two to make a big score.

players that aren't playing include Yousuf, Asif and Kaneria. the link is that they're all guaranteed starters. the worrying thing is that malik isn't playing too.

saadjhussain said:
players that aren't playing include Yousuf, Asif and Kaneria. the link is that they're all guaranteed starters. the worrying thing is that malik isn't playing too.

Don't forget Sami.

Over 101.1: Krejza to Alam, SIX, short of a length, pulled high over mid wicket over the fence

wow, Umer Akmal 21 from 75 balls.
MoYo must be giving him lecture. He is learning test cricket.

I hope he doesn't forget how to play his natural game.

Over 101.1: Krejza to Alam, SIX, short of a length, pulled high over mid wicket over the fence

Geordie Ahmed said:
Umar Akmal 21* (75)
Fawad Alam 20* (48)

I'd love to watch these two young guns at the wicket together in a test match or ODI -- just to see the running between the wicket!

sali said:
wow, Umer Akmal 21 from 75 balls.
MoYo must be giving him lecture. He is learning test cricket.

I hope he doesn't forget how to play his natural game.

:)
So much for the test cricket!

Over 102.2: Drew to Akmal, SIX, picks it up off the pads and deposits over midwicket, strikes the fence on the full

Back