Test Draft - which of these teams is most likely to win a Test in India?

Which team is most likely to win a Test in India?

• Total voters

therealAB

Local Club Star
Runs
Draft Rules:

• Test XI for a match to be played in India
  • Cumulative career span of team: less than or equal to 100 years
  • Experience determination per player: Year career ended - Year career started
  • 8 hours time limit per pick
  • NO BRADMAN
  • If posters believe they won't be online over a certain period, they can pre-empt their selections by creating a thread in the MRR sub-forum: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/fo...Referee-s-Room
Order of picks:

1. [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION]
5. [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION]
7. [MENTION=136113]Barragan[/MENTION]
8. [MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION]
9. [MENTION=208]amit[/MENTION]

Order reverses at the end of each selection round.

<iframe width='900' height='480' frameborder='0'src='https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YKIdAkZq5FDI3gad9BLXKkwgakLqNIp8h2CVEkvZriE/edit#gid=0&output=html&widget=true'></iframe>

Final Teams:

[MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION]

Shubman Gill
Barry Richards
Brian Lara
Virat Kohli (c)
Graeme Pollock
Dean Jones
Ben Foakes (wk)
Wasim Akram
Dale Steyn
Bill O'Reilly
Hedley Verity

[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION]

Shikhar Dhawan
Marcus Trescothick
Kane Williamson (c)
Younis Khan
Steven Smith
Andrew Flower (wk)
Jason Holder
Rashid Khan
Shoaib Akhtar
Saeed Ajmal
Glenn McGrath

[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]

Virender Sehwag
Herbert Sutcliffe
Marnus Labuschagne
Joe Root
Michael Clarke (c)
AB de Villiers (wkt)
Ravichandran Ashwin
Kyle Jamieson
Richie Benaud
Malcolm Marshall
Shaheen Shah Afridi

[MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION]

Sunil Gavaskar
Asim Kamal
Rahul Dravid
Jonathan Trott
Adam Voges
Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
Imran Khan (c)
Faheem Ashraf
Saqlain Mushtaq
Yasir Shah
Curtly Ambrose

[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]

Alastair Cook
Vinoo Mankad
K.S Ranjitsinhji
Kim Hughes
Alvin Kallicharran
Darren Lehmann
Matthew Prior (wk)
Keith Miller
Clarrie Grimmett
Andy Roberts
Allan Donald

[MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION]

Saeed Anwar
Prithvi Shaw
Cheteshwar Pujara
Ken Barrington
Tony Greig
MS Dhoni (c) (wk)
Ravindra Jadeja
Lord Botham
Wes Hall
Simon Harmer
Subhash Gupte

[MENTION=136113]Barragan[/MENTION]

Mark Richardson
Devon Conway
Vijay Hazare (c)
Sir Garfield Sobers
Kumar Sangakkara (wk)
Andrew Symonds
Moeen Ali
Mike Proctor
Shane Warne
Ryan Harris
Muttiah Muralitharan

[MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION]

Matthew Hayden
Hashim Amla
Sir Vivian Richards (c)
Kevin Pietersen
Ben Stokes
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Shahid Afridi
Graeme Swann
Axar Patel
Kagiso Rabada
Jasprit Bumrah

[MENTION=208]amit[/MENTION]

Madhav Apte
Rohit Sharma
Vinod Kambli
Sachin Tendulkar
Shreyas Iyer
Shakib al Hasan
Rishabh Pant (wk)
Alan Davidson
Anil Kumble (c)
Jim Laker
Shane Bond

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION], @last_monetarist, [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Maybe a played in Asia draft; can select any players but for a test match played on some dustbowl

I’d be interested. Is this a draft for the 2022 year, per series, etc?

CC [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION] [MENTION=151679]Forward Defensive Push[/MENTION] [MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION] [MENTION=132969]Da_Future_Knick[/MENTION] [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] in case any of you guys are interested.

Last edited:
yeah, count me in. maybe put a limit on total career span, like 100 years across 11 players or something.

I loved participating last time, but would love to give an opportunity to someone else. If there is still an opening after a while count me in!

I’d be interested. Is this a draft for the 2022 year, per series, etc?

Historical players, with certain stipulations. Atm thinking <= 100 years combined for player careers with the match being played in India

So we have 8: [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] [MENTION=208]amit[/MENTION] [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION] [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] [MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION] [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] [MENTION=374]offstump[/MENTION]

If we don't have 2 more in the next 12 hours or so we will just start.

Rule:
Snake Draft
Total career length of team <= 100 years
No Bradman

So we have 8: [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] [MENTION=208]amit[/MENTION] [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION] [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] [MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION] [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] [MENTION=374]offstump[/MENTION]

If we don't have 2 more in the next 12 hours or so we will just start.

Rule:
Snake Draft
Total career length of team <= 100 years
No Bradman

Count me in.

If you don't have the stipulation of played in ind.

You could potentially even do players from the last 50 years in Test cricket.

think we have ten, so maybe someone can state all the conditions (im taking career to mean test career, i.e. has have to played at least one test which would count as 5 days for a test career, or for simplicity we simply round up the month, i.e. a career from 4th april 2004 to 5th june 2007 would count as 3 years and 3 months)

Last edited:
If it's not a speed draft, suggest limiting the response time to less than 8 hours as it became a bit of a farce last time around with some participants taking a day to make their selections.

If it's not a speed draft, suggest limiting the response time to less than 8 hours as it became a bit of a farce last time around with some participants taking a day to make their selections.

Less than 8 hours is a bit tough - could miss when sleeping. I’d say 12 hours

think we have ten, so maybe someone can state all the conditions (im taking career to mean test career, i.e. has have to played at least one test which would count as 5 days for a test career, or for simplicity we simply round up the month, i.e. a career from 4th april 2004 to 5th june 2007 would count as 3 years and 3 months)

I was just thinking years, with months not counted
Just do ending year - starting year

Less than 8 hours is a bit tough - could miss when sleeping. I’d say 12 hours

Maybe the participants can add their picks in the MRR sub-forum, and one of the other mods ( [MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] [MENTION=151416]transparent opacity[/MENTION] [MENTION=138771]Firebat[/MENTION]) can post those picks if that participant is offline.

Last edited:
Sorry but I will be unable to participate from this Wednesday to Sunday as I'll be out of town and won't have ready access. Hope you guys are able to find another!

We have to pick a Test squad for Indian conditions?

We can pick any player we want to pick excluding Bradman? Or is there any other restriction too?

I've never played a draft and I don't know how this works buddy:yk

All the better then as there's always a first time for everything, mon ami.

This time around it's selecting a Test XI for a match to be played in Indian conditions, with each participant getting a chance to pick one player during their respective turn.

At the start of the draft, the confirmed participants are drawn randomly to determine the order of picks, with that order reversed when all posters have selected their player for the round. This way the person that selected last in the first round of picks, gets the first turn during the second round and so on. We continue till 11 players have been selected.

There's a time limit for each poster to make their selection (12 hours) to ensure that the draft progresses effectively.

We run a poll at the end of the draft to pick the strongest side, but the fun is basically in the whole selection process.

Give it a go if you have time.

Confirmed participants:
[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] [MENTION=208]amit[/MENTION] [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION] [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION] [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] [MENTION=374]offstump[/MENTION] [MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION] [MENTION=136113]Barragan[/MENTION]

[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] if you can do the honours by drawing lots to determine the order of picks before we get started.

If we are to have 12 participants (which should be the limit for such drafts), it's important to reduce the response time to 8 hours or less to ensure that the draft doesn't drag on for a week.

If posters believe they won't be online over a certain period, they can pre-empt their selections by creating a thread in the MRR sub-forum: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/forumdisplay.php?65-The-Match-Referee-s-Room

These picks would only be visible to the mods, who can post the selection when it's that participant's turn.

I won't access these picks to ensure objectivity.

Last edited:
[MENTION=141992]jaisan[/MENTION], [MENTION=132855]Arsal_AK[/MENTION] we already have 10 participants, but I'll put you guys down for the next draft

Order: [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION] [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] [MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION] [MENTION=136113]Barragan[/MENTION] [MENTION=374]offstump[/MENTION] [MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION] [MENTION=208]amit[/MENTION]

If a mod could edit the OP and place a table in for picks that would be lovely

Order: [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION] [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] [MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION] [MENTION=136113]Barragan[/MENTION] [MENTION=374]offstump[/MENTION] [MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION] [MENTION=208]amit[/MENTION]

If a mod could edit the OP and place a table in for picks that would be lovely

I have modified the OP and integrated an excel table for picks which everyone can update after making their selection.

We have to pick among currently active players? Time limit is 8 hours?

We have to pick among currently active players? Time limit is 8 hours?

Rules are same as mentioned in the OP.

Time limit is 8 hours and the career span of your team should be less than 100 so you can select players across different era too.

Draft Rules:

• Test XI for a match to be played in India
  • Cumulative career span of team: less than 100 years
  • Experience determination per player: Year career ended - Year career started + 1
  • 8 hours time limit per pick
  • NO BRADMAN
  • If posters believe they won't be online over a certain period, they can pre-empt their selections by creating a thread in the MRR sub-forum: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/fo...Referee-s-Room
Order of picks:

1. [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION]
5. [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION]
7. [MENTION=136113]Barragan[/MENTION]
8. [MENTION=374]offstump[/MENTION]
9. [MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION]
10. [MENTION=208]amit[/MENTION]

Order reverses at the end of each selection round.

As order is reversing, this means I will have to pick 2 players when my turn comes?

As order is reversing, this means I will have to pick 2 players when my turn comes?

Yes brother, we have got the short end of the stick in the original draw:sree

Only fair we get to pick our 2nd picks early.

8 hours are up, [MENTION=374]offstump[/MENTION] can make his pick if he is online (although he hasn't logged in for a couple of days) :mw1.

[MENTION=136113]Barragan[/MENTION] can choose his pick whenever he logs in.

Guys, please use the MRR forum to make your picks if you know you won't be online during the designated period.

Aaarghhhh..why did you have to do that!

I was hoping no one picks Jadeja till my turn:sree

lol, it was a coin flip between him and someone else, but in the end i thought an all rounder would balance my team more. i have one spot i have no idea who will take at the moment though, lol.

Yes brother, we have got the short end of the stick in the original draw:sree

Only fair we get to pick our 2nd picks early.

Yes we are at a disadvantage in 1st, 3rd, etc picks, but snake draft makes it fair for us as we get to pick early in 2nd, 4th, etc picks

lol, it was a coin flip between him and someone else, but in the end i thought an all rounder would balance my team more. i have one spot i have no idea who will take at the moment though, lol.

I was like "the remaining posters are mostly Pakistani till my turn, they'll probably pick Pak players and I can pick Jadeja before someone picks":sree

8 hours are up, [MENTION=374]offstump[/MENTION] can make his pick if he is online (although he hasn't logged in for a couple of days) :mw1.

[MENTION=136113]Barragan[/MENTION] can choose his pick whenever he logs in.

Guys, please use the MRR forum to make your picks if you know you won't be online during the designated period.

I pick Shane Warne.

[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] I'm afraid [MENTION=374]offstump[/MENTION] hasn't been online since the 19th, should we replace him to keep the draft going?

[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] I'm afraid [MENTION=374]offstump[/MENTION] hasn't been online since the 19th, should we replace him to keep the draft going?

It's 7:47 PM in India and I hope to make my picks by midnight IST today
[MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION] should be online too and he should make his pick soon

Last edited:

Think we should move ahead.

Good that we had the time limit of 8 hours for each pick or else it would have been a bit farce waiting for 24 hours for meagre two picks.

Think we should move ahead.

Good that we had the time limit of 8 hours for each pick or else it would have been a bit farce waiting for 24 hours for meagre two picks.

Ok, [MENTION=374]offstump[/MENTION] can catch up whenever he logs in next.

[MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION] you're up next.

[MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION] up next followed by [MENTION=208]amit[/MENTION] with two picks.

My picks:

Sachin Tendulkar (Can't believe no one picked him till now)
Anil Kumble

Not sure [MENTION=374]offstump[/MENTION] is gonna reply, [MENTION=136113]Barragan[/MENTION] might as well have his pick.

[MENTION=136113]Barragan[/MENTION] next.

Whenever [MENTION=374]offstump[/MENTION] is online, he can make two picks.

[MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION] next.

[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] has posted his next selection in MRR.

So [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] to follow up those two picks.

quite shocked i actually got this pick, get my wk and captain sorted in one go

MS Dhoni
[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] next

Imran Khan

I pick Andy Roberts. There wasn’t an issue but this time but the next pick should still wait for my pick from the MRR board to be announced here by a mod

[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] up now

Back