The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread

I stand by my views.

Misbah had to take over in adverse circumstances.

He has produced the 2nd finest Pakistan test side of all time results & consistency wise while doing so.

As a player his performances have been second to none.

That in itself is a remarkable achievement.

It does not get more influential than that.

shahrukh crossing new intellectual frontiers - copying and pasting his sig into a post

Ayyubjavvs - Another Misbot recycled:

recycled-robot.jpg

Next.

:)

ahah still no reply to his first post in this thread..

I can't actually believe that you missed the joke in that meme but apparently you did. Please don't ask me to explain it.
Here is the only thing I got out of that post:

not_funny.jpg

Against South Africa I've never seen such flat tracks in my life. We could have won that series if it wasn't down to Misbah's defensive mindset.

& James is right. Swann 2010 > Ajmal 2010. When Ajmal took the 7-fer James rightly held his hands up and said Ajmal is the number one spinner in the world. I remember having debates with James over Ajmal & Swann. BB786 is just picking any point now to defend his ego.

Either Savak has hacked you're account or you are the most contradictory poster on the forum

So Misbots are not only blinded by love. They are frankly a bit thick in general as well.

Evidence is stacking up against the intellectually bankrupt side of this debate.

Against South Africa I've never seen such flat tracks in my life. We could have won that series if it wasn't down to Misbah's defensive mindset.

& James is right. Swann 2010 > Ajmal 2010. When Ajmal took the 7-fer James rightly held his hands up and said Ajmal is the number one spinner in the world. I remember having debates with James over Ajmal & Swann. BB786 is just picking any point now to defend his ego.
Coulda Woulda Shoulda.

The story of Miscows' moo'ing career.

Can anyone confirm what will Misbah's Test Match W/L be if Pakistan whitewash Zimbabwe?

A W-L ratio of 9-1 is a pie in your face.

You have been schooled on this page alone at least three times.:))

Nope, it would have been a good game if the team had won. His performance was better than everyone else's but still not good enough to win the game. Which is why it was still poor.

but he couldn't take his team to victory because he is a useless ODI cricketer.

One of the best threads in PP's history (no sarcasm)

Only Pakistan cricket could breed this kind of banter.

Useless ODI cricketer who has the 2nd highest batting average in finishing off ODI games

Yes finishing off meaningless games. How about when the pressure is really on? Most of the time under pressure he bottles it. I'll give you two examples now. India 2007 T20 final & Pakistan-England 3rd T20.

It is actually. I have to send out my thanks to all the misbots out there who have made PP an even more exciting place over this last week.

So Misbots are not only blinded by love. They are frankly a bit thick in general as well.

Evidence is stacking up against the intellectually bankrupt side of this debate.
Aye.

Post # 1476.

And I must add "grammatically PG13" in between bankrupt and side above.

I quoted the words straight from the horses mouth.

Namak Halal when he talks about Jayawardne saying he slowed down to draw the test.

Key words are bolded

Then IronCat posts interview with Ajmal where Ajmal states how he has performed well due to Misbahs captaincy. Another clear case of "straight from the horses mouth"

Namak Halals response

Yes finishing off meaningless games. How about when the pressure is really on? Most of the time under pressure he bottles it. I'll give you two examples now. India 2007 T20 final & Pakistan-England 3rd T20.

He delivered when it was really on & deserved to be on the winning side

It's actually 1956, I just wrote 1986 to PP. When you get to my age you will understand why haha

You may not believe me and I dont care but not Namak Halaal nor James nor Bullet Drive has responded about Misbah's match winning innings that I posted the ball by ball commentary for and you have not responded to my points about Imran and I even saw that series in West Indies which was not on TV where the umpire helped cheat, it was my first series seeing Pakistan tour in a live match as I had only seen them b efore at National Stadium against New Zealand

So James when will you respond to that Balll By Ball Commentary instead of cheap shots? What about Namak or Bullet eh?

Agreed.

By the end of the SA series next year it will be all over.

No more Misbots.

:(

haha good one. Hope we do well over in SA but if we take a defensive mindset through we will go no where.

Thankfully Misbah was dropped from the T20 team otherwise we would have seen one of the most boring T20 sides Pakistan has ever fielded in a T20 tournament.

We will lose the series in SA next year most probably.

But that does take away what Misbah has done in the last 2 years.

Once in a generation leader by Pakistani standards.

Best Test Middle order Pakistan have had YK INZI and MOYO couldnt win a series in South Africa.

I say that a series draw in South Africa is a good result.

Misbah haters say its defeatist.

Clearly no cricketing knowledge.

He delivered when it was really on & deserved to be on the winning side

lol he deserved when it was really on? More like he bottled it when it was really on. He didn't deserve to be on the winning side. You only deserve to be on the winning side if you win. Pakistan never won thanks to Misbah. Misbah was set, he had a 'brainfart' as you Misbots call it. See its not only Umar & Afridi who have these 'brainfart's as you call them.

We will lose the series in SA next year most probably.

But that does take away what Misbah has done in the last 2 years.

Once in a generation leader by Pakistani standards.

Oh so much positivity! This is what Misbah has done to the fans. We go into series thinking we will lose, this is due to the defensive mindset!

Once in a generation leader lol, what's he done that's so special? Remained calm? Hasn't spoken out in the media? Not so special.

Best Test Middle order Pakistan have had YK INZI and MOYO couldnt win a series in South Africa.

Inzi was on his last legs there, but to be honest the reason why we lost that series was because akhtar got injured after bowling for 1 innings. so there was no else to help asif who was bowling like a magican. I think we had sami and danish as the other bowlers and they just served the south africans the usual rubbish.

Last edited:
Deadly Venom they are kids they hear Ramiz Raja talk about attacking cricket without knowing what it means and they get excited.

Misbah is not a legend, Pakistan's only legends in my time are Imran, Miandad, Inzamam, Wasim and Waqar. But he is a very good player and people like Namak Halaal are cowardly because they accept it when Pakiistan win and secretly hope Pakistan lose for their fragile arguments

It's actually 1956, I just wrote 1986 to PP. When you get to my age you will understand why haha

You may not believe me and I dont care but not Namak Halaal nor James nor Bullet Drive has responded about Misbah's match winning innings that I posted the ball by ball commentary for and you have not responded to my points about Imran and I even saw that series in West Indies which was not on TV where the umpire helped cheat, it was my first series seeing Pakistan tour in a live match as I had only seen them b efore at National Stadium against New Zealand

So James when will you respond to that Balll By Ball Commentary instead of cheap shots? What about Namak or Bullet eh?
Ayyub, I think you are asking them to do something far beyond their intellectual capacity. I'd start with something simpler. Like 'respond'.

Inzi was on his last legs there, but to be honest the reason why we lost that series was because akhtar got injured after bowling for 1 innings. so there was no else to help asif who was bowling like a magican. I think we had sami and danish as the other bowlers and they just served the south africans the usual rubbish.

Akhtar was on fire.

I remember those games well. My dad has them on VHS somewhere :))

Alls I am saying is South Africa is a tough tour. A very tough tour. Yet the way certain posters think that a draw being a good result is defensive seems very childish to me.

Looks like arguing for the sake of arguing.

Cleary no cricketing knowledge?

Was it cricketing knowledge that led people thinking Pakistan was going to whitewash the Number #1 Test team?

You have no faith in the team this is why you are 'happy' to settle with a draw.

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

:facepalm:

Last edited:
Also was it on a South African tour where Asif was on fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire

I remember a commie (maybe Pat Symcox?) saying "We are looking at a 400 wicket man here "

Heartbreaking :(

Cleary no cricketing knowledge?

Was it cricketing knowledge that led people thinking Pakistan was going to whitewash the Number #1 Test team?

You have no faith in the team this is why you are 'happy' to settle with a draw.

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

:facepalm:

Was Ajmal saying Misbah a good captain a case of "straight from the horses mouth"

Yes or no?

Now, now, I thought:

Are you typing from your grave?

Of course I put my faith In Pakistan. I don't bet against them.

Misbah doesn't have to perform inorder for Pakistan to win.

My comment was in reference to Misbah's captaincy. It will be over by the SA series.

Humbly disagree with that.

Haven't followed each page of this debate, but whenever I have, I see posters taking extreme stand, far away from the truth, calling names, questioning each others intelligence and education, unwilling to concede to even a minor point, unable to reach to a conclusion, not defending the truth but their egos, or the cabal they have formed.

PP is supposed to be a forum where posters have excellent cricketing knowledge and discuss anything in a mature way. This thread is everything PP is not (Or should not be IMO)

As for its entertainment value, you have a point. Analysis and mature discussion, it is not.

Of course I put my faith In Pakistan. I don't bet against them.

Misbah doesn't have to perform inorder for Pakistan to win.

Good. Then put your faith in the captain. 'Cuz that's what this thread is all about.:)

Humbly disagree with that.

Haven't followed each page of this debate, but whenever I have, I see posters taking extreme stand, far away from the truth, calling names, questioning each others intelligence and education, unwilling to concede to even a minor point, unable to reach to a conclusion, not defending the truth but their egos, or the cabal they have formed.

PP is supposed to be a forum where posters have excellent cricketing knowledge and discuss anything in a mature way. This thread is everything PP is not (Or should not be IMO)

As for its entertainment value, you have a point. Analysis and mature discussion, it is not.
I agree, but I think this thread is really all about entertainment. There are plenty of other threads for all else.

Good. Then put your faith in the captain. 'Cuz that's what this thread is all about.:)

Do you have faith in the captain Ironcat?

This thread is about Misbah and his captaincy.

I read a quote once: If you're not attacking you are defending; if you are defending then you are not winning.

Misbah is not the future for Pakistan cricket.

Pure and simple.

This thread is about Misbah and his captaincy.

I read a quote once: If you're not attacking you are defending; if you are defending then you are not winning.

Misbah is not the future for Pakistan cricket.

Pure and simple.
He is the best thing to happen to Pakistan cricket in the last 5 years, and he ain't going anywhere.

Cows better find another line of work. I hear they have a great future at a nearby McDonalds.

He is the best thing to happen to Pakistan cricket in the last 5 years, and he ain't going anywhere.

Cows better find another line of work. I hear they have a great future at a nearby McDonalds.

Do you have faith in the Captain Ironcat?
So you are agreeing you have no answer to my question (i.e. the argument of the last few days), which is why you want to start a new argument? That you had no such draw argument to start with. Correct?

And the same thing with Ajmal's opinion? That you had no argument to start with. Correct?

Just say, yes, and we can move on to your question.

Wow, I'm on a drive home for 2 hours, and this thread has gone way beyond anything about Misbah :))

I just want to say one thing - just because people don't like Misbah, doesn't mean they are in love with Afridi, and vice versa.

So you are agreeing you have no answer to my question (i.e. the argument of the last few days), which is why you want to start a new argument? That you had no such draw argument to start with. Correct?

And the same thing with Ajmal's opinion? That you had no argument to start with. Correct?

Just say, yes, and we can move on to your question.

Can you just answer if you have faith in Misbah or not? Why do you keep avoiding the question?

Do you expect Misbah to take the series in South Africa? A draw? A loss? A whitewash?

Namak Halal - Misbah had nothing to do with Pakistans wins against England. Only 'misbots think so'

NH - Nasser Hussian. He delivers intelligence through wit. Technically sound, and always gives credit where it is due.

He is without doubt the most entertaining yet technical commentator there is. His analysis is rock solid

Lets see what Nasser bhai says about Misbahs captaincy

"You have to give credit to Pakistan. They have been superb in this game and brilliantly led by Misbah-ul-Haq. This was a very good bowling display and Umar Gul was exceptional on Thursday,"

In the words of Namak Halal

Namak_Halal said:
God bless Nasser.

LOL. Misbots scraping the bottom of the barrel with ancient posts.

All Nasser said was 'Led by Misbah'.

Last edited:
Stop chaning the subject.

Please start a new thread praising Sami if you want to discuss that.

If we try and take this BACK to the OT

All I have to say is that Misbah has been a decent captain, better than most in a while but appearing at the right time also went his way.

That being said, he's been an awful captain in ODIs destroying our approach and flair. He's been an awful chaser of big scores and bottling it when it really matters. Not to mention he just sits back and watches the show instead of being proactive and adapting to the game situation. That is why he is a horrible LOI captain, and a decent test captain.

Not a legend by any means. Not even close. That's an insult to all legends.

Lastly, Azhar Ali, is the best thing to happen in the last 5 years.

Stop chaning the subject.

Please start a new thread praising Sami if you want to discuss that.

The hypocrisy is blatant.

You want me to believe Misbah is a good captain because a player says so, but you will not believe Sami is a good bowler if a player says so.

This was the point. There was no subject.

The hypocrisy is blatant.

You want me to believe Misbah is a good captain because a player says so, but you will not believe Sami is a good bowler if a player says so.

This was the point. There was no subject.

Please start a new thread about my opinions on Sami.

This is the Misbah thread where we discuss opinions on Misbah.

What do you think Ajmal meant when he called Misbah a good captain?

Oh please, I don't see how that statement has any merit.

Obviously people thank the captain when the team is winning and doing well.

I'm sure nearly every captain who wasn't awful was called a good captain at some point.

It holds very little value.

What should hold value is what you see on the screen along with statistics. Not just one or the other.

OK DV so you are saying because Hasser Hussein used the verb 'brilliantly' I should accept Misbah is the Messiah of Pakistan cricket?

What a joke.

Oh please, I don't see how that statement has any merit.

Obviously people thank the captain when the team is winning and doing well.

I'm sure nearly every captain who wasn't awful was called a good captain at some point.

It holds very little value.

What should hold value is what you see on the screen along with statistics. Not just one or the other.

So Ajmals words have no merit when he is on the field with Misbah and takes orders for him?

But Namak Halals and yours has merit when you follow a match on TV and cricinfo?

OK DV so you are saying because Hasser Hussein used the verb 'brilliantly' I should accept Misbah is the Messiah of Pakistan cricket?

What a joke.

No.

You said he had nothing to do with Pakistans victory.

An Analyst you hold in high regard analysed the game and after his analysis said that Misbah did Brilliantly.

Thats all im saying.

Can you just answer if you have faith in Misbah or not? Why do you keep avoiding the question?

Do you expect Misbah to take the series in South Africa? A draw? A loss? A whitewash?
Well, if you guys don't want to answer the original questions we have asked, there is no need to shake a new tree.:snack:

Back