The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread

What the hell does Tendulkar and his SR have anything to do with this anyway? ?

I am starting to believe Ironcat is a RAW Agent and is actually an Indian in disguise. This is the only explanation to someone who profits from Pakistan's loss.

Ajmal wasn't born with 23.51 figures. It takes time for a bowler to develop and those extra Test matches played under Misbah DO MATTER because they count as experience for Ajmal. So Ajmal's progression is a natural trend for great bowlers. No miracle hand.

Misbah got lucky with the captaincy. This is the truth.
Pitiful theory.

Ajmal's average in his first series 30.

In his second 58.

In his third 112.

Clearly, natural trend was AWOL in those series.

Playing under a great captain and a coach made all the difference to him.

Ayubbjavs said:
Hah it is opposite my friend, Ironcat keeps giving examples and Namak kkeeps responding with cheap shots.
I present the following Exhibit III as proof of the above:
I am starting to believe Ironcat is a RAW Agent and is actually an Indian in disguise. This is the only explanation to someone who profits from Pakistan's loss.

I present the following Exhibit III as proof of the above:

How sad.

You are quoting a poster has 5 posts who is either an alter ego who doesn't have the sand to post his/her views in this thread under his normal alias, or is Sharukh619's love-child.

I thought you paid attention to user post counts?

Last edited:
No One Can Spot My Mystery Ball, Says Ajmal
By Reuters
Published: February 7, 2012

--------------------------

KARACHI: Saeed Ajmal, who tortured England’s batsmen in Pakistan’s clean sweep of their three-test series, believes no one has yet been able to pick his mystery “teesra” ball.
The spinner was named man of the series after his 24 wickets having said before the UAE tests that he had developed the delivery especially for England.

“I used the “teesra” sparingly in the series and I don’t think anyone has been able to spot it as yet and that makes it more dangerous,” Ajmal told the Pakistani “Ary News” channel on Tuesday.

“I will reveal which is the “teesra” delivery after the (one-day) series is over. Until then it remains a challenge for everyone to identify this ball in the coming one-dayers.”

Modest Ajmal refused to take the plaudits for humbling the world’s top-ranked test side.
I credit my captain (Misbahul Haq) for the success myself or Abdur Rehman (18 wickets) got in the series. He told us from the start that there would be spin pitches and he had confidence we could deliver,” Ajmal said.

“It felt good bowling in tandem with Rehman. There was less pressure on me. Our captain had planned out everything in detail like which bowler will bowl to which batsmen and so on and it worked beautifully.”

Ajmal said the clean sweep was a big moment for a team keen to make people forget the 2010 spot-fixing affair which rocked Pakistan cricket.

“I guess that scandal really hurt our pride and since then we have been trying to get better and better. Beating England 3-0 was like winning the World Cup for us,” Ajmal said.

---------------------

http://tribune.com.pk/story/332950/no-one-can-spot-my-mystery-ball-says-ajmal/?print=true

Now, go plead your case with Ajmal himself.

How sad.

You are quoting a poster has 5 posts who is either an alter ego who doesn't have the sand to post his/her views in this thread under his normal alias, or is Sharukh619's love-child.

Hah mate I am reading PP for a long time I am following Pakistan since before you were even born probably.

I don't care if u criticize Misbah for his Mohali innings but he has been a good captain even Younus and Ajmal and Mohammad Hafeez have said how much he helps them. Yes I agree that he is a slow batsman sometimes but you are criticizing just for the sake of cirticizing, you are a joke of a poster sir and your 8485 posts are worth nothing if they r like the rest of your posts here.

How sad.

Yawn. I am quoting a poster who is telling the truth.

No One Can Spot My Mystery Ball, Says Ajmal
By Reuters
Published: February 7, 2012

--------------------------

KARACHI: Saeed Ajmal, who tortured England’s batsmen in Pakistan’s clean sweep of their three-test series, believes no one has yet been able to pick his mystery “teesra” ball.
The spinner was named man of the series after his 24 wickets having said before the UAE tests that he had developed the delivery especially for England.

“I used the “teesra” sparingly in the series and I don’t think anyone has been able to spot it as yet and that makes it more dangerous,” Ajmal told the Pakistani “Ary News” channel on Tuesday.

“I will reveal which is the “teesra” delivery after the (one-day) series is over. Until then it remains a challenge for everyone to identify this ball in the coming one-dayers.”

Modest Ajmal refused to take the plaudits for humbling the world’s top-ranked test side.
I credit my captain (Misbahul Haq) for the success myself or Abdur Rehman (18 wickets) got in the series. He told us from the start that there would be spin pitches and he had confidence we could deliver,” Ajmal said.

“It felt good bowling in tandem with Rehman. There was less pressure on me. Our captain had planned out everything in detail like which bowler will bowl to which batsmen and so on and it worked beautifully.”

Ajmal said the clean sweep was a big moment for a team keen to make people forget the 2010 spot-fixing affair which rocked Pakistan cricket.

“I guess that scandal really hurt our pride and since then we have been trying to get better and better. Beating England 3-0 was like winning the World Cup for us,” Ajmal said.

---------------------

http://tribune.com.pk/story/332950/no-one-can-spot-my-mystery-ball-says-ajmal/?print=true

Now, go plead your case with Ajmal himself.
Now that is coming out of the mouth of the player itself...

so people who thought that oh it was a random tukka, Misbah gave the ball randomely to AJmal and rehman, they took wickets and thats it. End of the day..

Now wait for NH's name calling and trying to change the topic...............

Looks like Namak Halaal does not remember the tragic state Pakistan was in in 2010 before Afridi & Misbah & Waqar rescued it. Looks like he is a blind hater of the Pakistan captain, I wonder if he is a secret RAW agent from India lollllll

I have been watching the game till 1973 and even Imran Khan who was our best captain did not force a result in 1990 when we were pplaying Australia & we lost our first Test series in 5 years because of that mistake, it happens as captains can make mistakes like anybody else. Even in one game against West Indies we did not try for a result and we had a chance to beat them for the first time in a decade, this is probably about a decade before you were born Namak because it happened in 1991.

Misbah is not a great captain but he is very solid and I think after Imran & Mushtaq Mohammad our best captain, Salim Malik & Wasim Akram would be better if they were not suspicious because they had very smart tactics.

Last edited:
How sad.

and what do you think? cause of more posts, you are better then that poster who has 5 posts....

Good way to find an excuse to ignore his post on Misbah's innings

By the way I have been watching Pakistan since 1973 and do you know Namak Halaal in 1987 when we p-layed our great series in the West Indies that we drew 1-1 we lost our one-day series 5-0? Did u know that before you talk about losing to England after such a great Test series? Hmmm? Even when West Indies came to Pakistan we lost our one-day series in 1986 even though that was a great team led by a great captain Imran Khan. Defeats happen to anybody and everybody sometimes, it does not make Imran a bad captain if he lost a series here or there and it does not demean Misbah's effort in hard time if he loses one or two one-day series. You are a hater who is criticizing for the sake of it I wonder if you want Salman Butt to be captain hahahaha since his corruption according to you started Pakistan recovery?

I cannot take anyone named "Ayyubjavvs" seriously.
Again personal shots from you I don't expect anything else my name is Ayyub Javed Khan and my friends call me Jeevay or Javvs therefore I made my username, who are you to comment on that? What about your own stupid username you disrespectful young disgrace

and what do you think? cause of more posts, you are better then that poster who has 5 posts....

Good way to find an excuse to ignore his post on Misbah's innings
Nobody has answered me aqbout Misbah's match-winning innings against Australia in 2009. Also the match we won against Sri Lanka that year Misbah scored 73* not out when Afridi & Younus were out one after another. He is not a legend but he is a very good batsman and maybe our best batsman in today's side

Some people fail to realise the glaring fact Misbah is 38.

He is nearing his end.

There is no logical reason to invest in Misbah.

Misbots putting faith in the present and not the future.

Dear oh dear.

He is nearing the his end.

Dear oh dear.

omg Misbah 38 big deal..

What was Imran Khans age during the world cup? What is Micheal husseys age??

Thing is even at this age he is performing and winning nomination of awards.

and again its funny how you ignore the couple of above posts.. Really are just here to troll? and not accept anyone else argument even if he proves you wrong?

Again personal shots from you I don't expect anything else my name is Ayyub Javed Khan and my friends call me Jeevay or Javvs therefore I made my username, who are you to comment on that? What about your own stupid username you disrespectful young disgrace

Honestly my first thought was 'Random Keyboard'.

Whoopsy Daisy!

Ayyubjavs is clearly the Misbot Program emergency failsafe because they are losing the debate

He is nearing his end.

Dear oh dear.
You are crazy first you are annoyed at Misbah for being defensive then when you are proven wrong that he is not anymore defensive as many other Pakistan captains then you switch to age. You are a joke poster, should we kick out all 30+ players? I remember in 1988 when the press was critcizing Imran because he was 36 and he was skipping a series against New Zealand and they said he was too old. Age doesn't matter if u perform and Misbah is performing as much as he can.

You know something is wrong when a 38 year is considered the 'best' batsmen in the squad.

Ayyubjavs is clearly the Misbot Program emergency failsafe because they are losing the debate
Another pathetic poster you never respond Ironcat is right you always refer to others in 3rd person even though you yourself have no knowledge of Pakistan cricket. You are a joke of a poster and you have nothing to contribute meaningfully to this factual debate

The born of these days. :facepalm:

IK was a legend BEFORE Pakistan won the WC!

What is a legend? a different kind of creation by God who could play on for ever??

Imran Khan even at such an age was performing good. Misbah also at this age is performing good. Then why should Misbah be dropped??

Legend... Waseem Akram is a legend, but due to his bad performance he had to retire.. Misbah is 38 but when he is performing good, why the hell should he retire??

and also funny how you ignore the posts that proved you wrong.... ANd lol James.... A hater gets proven wrong, and you start name calling.. exmod...............

Last edited:
another pathetic poster you never respond ironcat is right you always refer to others in 3rd person even though you yourself have no knowledge of pakistan cricket. you are a joke of a poster and you have nothing to contribute meaningfully to this factual debate

+1

You know something is wrong when a 38 year is considered the 'best' batsmen in the squad.
Tell me on performance who is better? In Tests its Younus and in one-days Umar. But as a whole it is Misbah because he is a reliable anchor. Only time he actually lost us a match was in Mohali but I don't mind that, I remember when we lost in the 1983 World Cup which India won people wanted Imran out of the side like a scapegoat even though he had a century in the tournament. Everybody looks for a scapegoat, it is not Misbah's fault that he's 38. Azhar Ali, Shafiq and Umar are good batsmen also I like Fawad Alam but it's not MMisbah's fault if he performs consistently

Another joke comment from you sir

The born of these days. :facepalm:

IK was a legend BEFORE Pakistan won the WC!
Imran was a legend and Misbah is not but is it a crime not to be a legend? I can name many players like Yousuf, Younus, Malik, Abdul Razzaq, Moin, Latif, Shahid Afridi who are not legends. There has not been a legend of Pakistan since 2003 so why are you taking it out on Misbah?

What a way to bond with a new member of the forum:

james-bond-cow-demotivational-poster-1261782706.jpg

Are you denying IK was a legend before the WC win?

I would like to know the opinions of others on him before he won Pakistan the world cup...

Currently, we have got an Test captain who is a legend, and don't know why he cant continue to play

Another pathetic poster you never respond Ironcat is right you always refer to others in 3rd person even though you yourself have no knowledge of Pakistan cricket. You are a joke of a poster and you have nothing to contribute meaningfully to this factual debate

:)))

3oblq1.jpg

Request my old friends on the mod team to IP address check Ayyubjavvs for crossovers with one of the Misbots

I would like to know the opinions of others on him before he won Pakistan the world cup...

Currently, we have got an Test captain who is a legend, and don't know why he cant continue to play

Another Misbot recycled.

Next.

ironcat stooping to new low's by getting his brother to sign up :))) as a misbot.

Misbots are simply not prepared to let go of the past.

Misbah is not the future of Pakistan cricket at 38.

His lucky tenure will make or break after the SA series.

Again full marks to Izeeshan, Bullet Drive, NH for having the patience, guts, stamina, will to counter the BS by IMO Misbah's PR team. Keep it up. The worst thing to happen to Pakistan Cricket must always be exposed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

What about Imran Khan when he turned 38+ before the 1992 world cup.

imran kahn is the best fast bowler pakistan ever had and he was an all rounder that's how great he was.

misbah is just another decant batsman. look at it this way if i had to choose between misbah and suresh raina i would pick suresh raina because in this day of cricket misbah strike rate is not acceptable. talking about loi

Last edited:
Again full marks to Izeeshan, Bullet Drive, NH for having the patience, guts, stamina, will to counter the BS by IMO Misbah's PR team. Keep it up. The worst thing to happen to Pakistan Cricket must always be exposed.

" I used to bat like Afridi. I had very little patience and did not back myself to play a long innings" is what you said in the PP interview.

Don't be jealous because others have qualities that you do not.

Really pathetic stuff.

internet warriors? btw you missed james

imran kahn is the best fast bowler pakistan ever had and he was an all rounder that's how great he was.

misbah is just another decant batsman.
I'm sure we can spot an age-related trend for Misbah...

He averages 60+ in the last 2 years.

Oops.

Last edited:
" I used to bat like Afridi. I had very little patience and did not back myself to play a long innings" is what you said in the PP interview.

Really pathetic stuff.

is that a quality? DAMN:misbah

Ahhhhh, welcome BoomBoomCricket.

For those of you who do not know, BoomBoomCricket was the first to claim Misbah is as great as Imran Khan, Steve Waugh, and Sir Clive Lloyd.

Boom Boom went bust.

:)

For those of you who do not know, BBC was the first to claim Misbah is as great as Imran Khan, Steve Waugh, and Sir Clive Lloyd.

Boom Boom went bust.

Without Misbah Pakistan have lost 11 out of their last 16 tests

With Misbah Pakistan have only lost 1 of their last 17

Imran was a legend before 38, the WC was the crowning moment of his decorated career.

It sounds like you weren't even born then.

offcourse i wasn't born at that time..

But i would like to know the opinion of others on Imran Khan, before he won the world cup..

For those of you who do not know, BoomBoomCricket was the first to claim Misbah is as great as Imran Khan, Steve Waugh, and Sir Clive Lloyd.

Boom Boom went bust.

My personal favourite.

And regarding your earlier query, shahrukh entered the world in 1995 ;-)

Boom Boom went bust.

If you know more than the wisden editor then please go ahead:

Out of Pakistan’s spot-fixing scandal, Misbah is the best thing to have come – along with the virtues he has inculcated in his inexperienced team. While Salman Butt is serving a 30-month sentence, Misbah is serving his country.

In the process of winning seven and losing one of his 14 Tests so far, with an equally fine one-day record, he has brought a stability that Pakistan has seldom known, perhaps not since the 1950s. Their team selections and batting orders used to change for a pastime, or perhaps for a reason more sinister, but not under Misbah. Only his fourth bowler differs from one Test to the next.

The fact that he admits his age is 37 suggests, in itself, a basic honesty.

So many Pakistanis have appeared at ‘20’, and retired long before they have reached 35. But not Misbah.

His calmness may well stem from his perspective on life and having an alternative career. Born in Mianwali in Punjab, and from the same Niazi clan as the former captain (and perhaps future president) Imran Khan, he studied at college and got an MBA before he played first-class cricket, starting in 1999.

His combination of calm, caution and cunning must have soon become evident because he has been captaining domestic teams since 2001. He won a few national caps the best part of a decade ago, but did nothing of note, and was not picked for Pakistan between 2003 and 2007.

But his characteristics were just what Pakistan needed after the manic captaincy of Shahid Afridi and the criminal one of Salman Butt. Whereas Afridi bit the ball, Misbah bit the bullet and took Pakistan back to basics.

It would be an exaggeration to say that Pakistan’s cricket could have died of shame after the spot-fixing, but it could have wilted and declined, scandalous and homeless. But Misbah has stopped that happening, by averaging 80 as Test captain, and by his leadership. In his calm, cautious and cunning way, Misbah has been the most important cricketer in the world in the last year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...lise-hosts-with-calm-caution-and-cunning.html

Really pathetic stuff.

I may not have a gazzilion qualities and may deficient in a billion ways but let me assure you If I had any qualities exhibited by Misbah especially his cowardly unmanly tuk tuk, I would have committed suicide ages ago.

By the way I have been watching Pakistan since 1973 and do you know Namak Halaal in 1987 when we p-layed our great series in the West Indies that we drew 1-1 we lost our one-day series 5-0? Did u know that before you talk about losing to England after such a great Test series? Hmmm? Even when West Indies came to Pakistan we lost our one-day series in 1986 even though that was a great team led by a great captain Imran Khan. Defeats happen to anybody and everybody sometimes, it does not make Imran a bad captain if he lost a series here or there and it does not demean Misbah's effort in hard time if he loses one or two one-day series. You are a hater who is criticizing for the sake of it I wonder if you want Salman Butt to be captain hahahaha since his corruption according to you started Pakistan recovery?

Birthday:
07-12-1986
thats the info you have given PP
You either are lying now or lied to PP
Either way your credibility just hit zero

Boom Boom went bust.

well Pakistan has lost only 1 test under Misbah. No, Sri Lanka, South Africa or ENgland was able to beat Misbah's team.....

Off-course a LEGEND! ;)

James is the same poster who claimed Swann to be in a different league to Ajmal :)))

in 2010. When he was. Then when Ajmal overtook Swann in 2012 I was the first to hold my hands up.

Meanwhile putting Misbah on the same level as Imran and Waugh is the worst opinion posted on the Cricket forum bar none.

in 2010. When he was. Then when Ajmal overtook Swann in 2012 I was the first to hold my hands up.

Meanwhile putting Misbah on the same level as Imran and Waugh is the worst opinion posted on the Cricket forum bar none.

You lack interpretational skills

Study the word 'influence'

Maybe you will get somewhere

If you know more than the wisden editor then please go ahead:

Out of Pakistan’s spot-fixing scandal, Misbah is the best thing to have come – along with the virtues he has inculcated in his inexperienced team. While Salman Butt is serving a 30-month sentence, Misbah is serving his country.

In the process of winning seven and losing one of his 14 Tests so far, with an equally fine one-day record, he has brought a stability that Pakistan has seldom known, perhaps not since the 1950s. Their team selections and batting orders used to change for a pastime, or perhaps for a reason more sinister, but not under Misbah. Only his fourth bowler differs from one Test to the next.

The fact that he admits his age is 37 suggests, in itself, a basic honesty.

So many Pakistanis have appeared at ‘20’, and retired long before they have reached 35. But not Misbah.

His calmness may well stem from his perspective on life and having an alternative career. Born in Mianwali in Punjab, and from the same Niazi clan as the former captain (and perhaps future president) Imran Khan, he studied at college and got an MBA before he played first-class cricket, starting in 1999.

His combination of calm, caution and cunning must have soon become evident because he has been captaining domestic teams since 2001. He won a few national caps the best part of a decade ago, but did nothing of note, and was not picked for Pakistan between 2003 and 2007.

But his characteristics were just what Pakistan needed after the manic captaincy of Shahid Afridi and the criminal one of Salman Butt. Whereas Afridi bit the ball, Misbah bit the bullet and took Pakistan back to basics.

It would be an exaggeration to say that Pakistan’s cricket could have died of shame after the spot-fixing, but it could have wilted and declined, scandalous and homeless. But Misbah has stopped that happening, by averaging 80 as Test captain, and by his leadership. In his calm, cautious and cunning way, Misbah has been the most important cricketer in the world in the last year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...lise-hosts-with-calm-caution-and-cunning.html

The article makes no comparison between Misbah and Imran Khan, Steve Waugh, or Sir Clive Lloyd.

Now let's look at your claim:

Misbah is right up there with the likes of Michael Atherton, Mike Brearley, Michael Vaughan, Nasser Hussain, Andrew Strauss, Clive Lloyd, Kepler Wessels, Arjuna Ranatunga, Imran Khan, Allan Border, Steve Waugh etc as one of the most influential captains world cricket has ever seen on and off the field. [/COLOR]

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=4878101&postcount=53

If we are going on ridiculous claims then NH reference to Sanga and Jaya as chokers and bottlers is perhaps one of the most ridiculous things I have read on PP.

We know your big bro bot just got busted but this is a straw man point even by your standards
I'm sure he doesn't claim that he has a degree in English literature and goes on to write "Why you disapoint".:))

I'm sure he doesn't claim that he has a degree in English literature and goes on to write "Why you disapoint".:))

I can't actually believe that you missed the joke in that meme but apparently you did. Please don't ask me to explain it.

well Pakistan has lost only 1 test under Misbah. No, Sri Lanka, South Africa or ENgland was able to beat Misbah's team.....

Off-course a LEGEND! ;)

James is the same poster who claimed Swann to be in a different league to Ajmal :)))

Against South Africa I've never seen such flat tracks in my life. We could have won that series if it wasn't down to Misbah's defensive mindset.

& James is right. Swann 2010 > Ajmal 2010. When Ajmal took the 7-fer James rightly held his hands up and said Ajmal is the number one spinner in the world. I remember having debates with James over Ajmal & Swann. BB786 is just picking any point now to defend his ego.

Back