The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread

Namak's opinion on series vs match W/L ratios:
Namak_Halaal said:
Winning more Test matches than Test series is more important.

The W/L ratios are also important - they reveal consistency.

Pakistan is more consistent than India.
And here is what he is posting in the other thread:
Namak_Halaal said:
Oh my. Misbots stooping to new lows here by claiming Test Series results do not matter only Test Match results matter.

I see, so now individual Test matches matter and not series results. Got it.
What fun!

HMS_Scrap_Iron.jpg

Recycled.

:)
Yep, recycling Namak's parts. Err...chops. ;-)

stock-vector-recycle-cow-82986331.jpg

Ironcat is just repeating himself yet he was whinging about Izeeshan bringing up the minnow argument again. What a child.

Ironcat it's best you do not bring up my predictions. Win or Loss I backed Pakistan.

You bet against Misbah and Pakistan.

Ghaddar.

Namak's u-turn alert.

Here is what he said previously.

Namak_Halaal said:
Only a defensive and defeatist captain would agree to a draw given the position.

Now, he is saying it wasn't about the last day. But about the first day.

So, explain to us, Namak, how do you draw a test match on the first day?

pie_in_face.jpg

This guy actually believes I bet my house.
No, sir, you told us so in post # 1049:
Namak_Halaal said:
If I bet my house on Pakistan whitewashing SL and lost

:)))

Namak_halaal said:
Win or Loss I will put my faith in Pakistan till I die.
Aww, is that why you are sitting in London and posting BS while Pakistan suffers crippling crises back home?

The evidence has been provided already. If you had "read" the thread, you wouldn't have posted the above.

You weren't kidding about that evidence. hmm....my apology

carry on

This post tells me that you haven't read the thread AT ALL. If you have the guts, respond to those posts where you feel anyone is "out of control". That you are commenting in third person tells me that your debating style still has to grow a pair. :46:

Something tells me it's going to be repeat of 2009 in no time. :jf

^ May Allaah (SWT) have mercy on PP's Moderators.

Oh. My. God. :facepalm:

I said If I bet my house.

I'm done chatting with Ironcat.

He's no longer a worthy opponent.

Be the first to step down in debate. Anyone who steps down while debate is going nowhere, will please Allaah (SWT) as per according to Hadith, and i am sure i have told you about this before.

In this case, it actually applies. This debate is literally going nowhere. When i know the debate is going nowhere, better step down. It only makes it worses if one chooses to continue in meaningless debate unfortunately.

Let him have victory.

As Salaamu Alaykum!

Last edited:
As I posted before, Ironcat is not defending Misbah any more. He's defending his own ego. His wrong and has been proved wrong many times now. His other little bots have disappeared too. He's repeating posts over and over again, just give up now.

Originally Posted by Namak_halaal
I believe Pakistan can do it with or with out Misbah.

3-0 to Pakistan is my prediction.
Without Misbah= 1 loss
With Misbah= No loss!

Mard-E-Haq :misbah

Thread got boring.

I've called out Misbah on some poor decisions in the past and supported his removal from T20. Believe me i'm no 'bot'.

Its became a slanging match for a while now(everyone is guilty, some more than others).

We have our next series a series against a team that everyone involved feels constitutes a good opposition.

Lets reopen a proper debate then on defensive captaincy etc.

Last edited:
The biggest test is of course the South Africa series. That's the true test. Here is what I have posted in another thread:

Misbah's true test.. He is known as 'the saviour of Pakistan cricket' and the 'greatest thing to happen to Pak cricket in the.....' let's see how he does. This is where things get real tough.

So far we've been playing against lower ranked sides away from home or we have been playing higher ranked sides at home(UAE). We have drawn against SA on what were the flattest pitches out. Another test match could be played on those used pitches and there would be no result.

We have beaten England 3-0 which is a magnificent achievement of course but I wouldn't put that down to great captaincy. It was just really England's lack of quality in playing spin. They also lost to Sri Lanka a few months later.

We have also beat a depleted Sri Lanka in the UAE but this was when they were down. There was no Samaraweera. The players weren't getting paid. There was no consistent bowler in the team and the team was all over the place.

We have beaten New Zealand away from home but they were a lower ranked side to us and we were really expected to win. We could have won that series 2-0 but Misbah again called for an early declaration when that game was ours. Defensive mentality hurt us.

We drew a series against West Indies which we should have won. West Indies are also a lower ranked team then us and we should have won. Captain fantastic surely could have stopped us from defeat then? Or is it the captain only comes into play when we win, when we lose its not his fault?

We also have beaten Bangaldesh away from home which was of course expected. I guess this win goes down to captain fantastic(because we won).

Now we are going away finally against a top team. We haven't done this under captain fantastic. South Africa tour will be an amazing one. The coverage will be great and it should be a great series overall. I'm excited to see how captain fantastic does. If we win(hopefully) it'll all go down to the captain but if we lose its the individual players faults.

Thread got boring.

I've called out Misbah on some poor decisions in the past and supported his removal from T20. Believe me i'm no 'bot'.

Its became a slanging match for a while now(everyone is guilty, some more than others).

We have our next series a series against a team that everyone involved feels constitutes a good opposition.

Lets reopen a proper debate then on defensive captaincy etc.

and if we go on to beat Australia, then haters would be saying that let Misbah play in away then we would judge him(even though UAE is away for Pak)

Could some change the title of this thread.. This thread doesn't really have anything to do with any analysiss... Make it a Misbah Fan thread!

and if we go on to beat Australia, then haters would be saying that let Misbah play in away then we would judge him(even though UAE is away for Pak)

Beating Australia with this team is nothing really. I expect Pakistan to win. You should see how they just got hammered against England. They have no big players left. Watson & Lee are injured. Pakistan are expected to win so I don't see this as a big challenge for Misbah. Its a weak Australian team.

& UAE is home for us. We know conditions the best out of any other team. We know them better than Australia. Conditions suit us.

Pakistan have a mental block against Australia, so I think if they win this series it'll be a pretty big deal.

Unless of course Misbah literally captains like a dead guy again then I'll prolly have to give someone else credit.

Misbah's captaincy in ODIs has been so pathetic it almost makes me cry. No wonder we're 1-7 in our last 8 ODIs.

Pakistan have a mental block against Australia, so I think if they win this series it'll be a pretty big deal.

Unless of course Misbah literally captains like a dead guy again then I'll prolly have to give someone else credit.

Misbah's captaincy in ODIs has been so pathetic it almost makes me cry. No wonder we're 1-7 in our last 8 ODIs.

Honestly to beat this Australian team we just have to turn up. They lack a solid top order. They lack experience in the middle order and their bowling attack is horrendous. They have no consistent ODI fast bowler and their spinner is poor. Only guy to watch out for is Clarke & Warner to some extent. Pakistan are expected to win & we are favourites for this series.

& Misbah is probably the worst ODI captain I've seen in a long long time. He sits back and waits for things to happen instead of being proactive. He used Ajmal as a defensive option :facepalm - It would serve Pakistan a whole lot better if Ajmal was attacking and looked for wickets. Instead Ajmal is made to bowl to a defensive field, in a PP and bowl on the pads of the batsman(a defensive line)

Last edited:
Honestly to beat this Australian team we just have to turn up. They lack a solid top order. They lack experience in the middle order and their bowling attack is horrendous. They have no consistent ODI fast bowler and their spinner is poor. Only guy to watch out for is Clarke & Warner to some extent. Pakistan are expected to win & we are favourites for this series.

& Misbah is probably the worst ODI captain I've seen in a long long time. He sits back and waits for things to happen instead of being proactive. He used Ajmal as a defensive option :facepalm - It would serve Pakistan a whole lot better if Ajmal was attacking and looked for wickets. Instead Ajmal is made to bowl to a defensive field, in a PP and bowl on the pads of the batsman(a defensive line)

Yeah but the name Australia makes Pakistanis pee in their pants. For a while now. Should be a great series though.

I wouldn't say worst because I think a lot of Pakistani captains have been defensive and not that great (yet still win games) however Misbah definitely has to be one of the worst. He tries to use test tactics in ODIs (ie Ajmal like you pointed out) and his MBAself can't even understand how ineffective that is.

He's lazy and inactive. He comes up with a plan the night before and sticks to it regardless of how the game is going. An ODI/T20 captain has to be on his feet thinking after every over or 5 overs of the about how to keep his team on top. Unfortunately with Misbah, he's always thinking "we're doing well, let's keep going with this" rather than, "okay maybe we should do this to do even better"

Pakistan can beat Australia 3-0 in the ODIs with one eye closed and one arm tied behind their backs. It's all about mindset and no doubt Misbah's ODIs captaincy will once again convert into a liability.

Last edited:
Pakistan can beat Australia 3-0 in the ODIs with one eye closed and one arm tied behind their backs. It's all about mindset and I Misbah's ODIs captaincy will once again convert into a liability.

We'll have to wait and see. It's hard not to give captain the credit if they win 3-0. he has to be doing something right, no?

Also, I feel like only people who watch this series should be able to comment because honestly, captaincy is only something that can be measured by watching and not something from a scoreline or a scorecard.

The only option for Misbah is to resign as ODI captain and Test Captain for that matter too.

Better now than later.

We'll have to wait and see. It's hard not to give captain the credit if they win 3-0. he has to be doing something right, no?

Also, I feel like only people who watch this series should be able to comment because honestly, captaincy is only something that can be measured by watching and not something from a scoreline or a scorecard.

Agree with both points. A lot of Misbah fans are just looking at his captaincy record which doesn't give the big picture.

The only option for Misbah is to resign as ODI captain and Test Captain for that matter too.

Better now than later.

ODI's maybe. I would honestly have Shoaib Malik as captain. There's a reason why the Stallions are the best team again and again. But he has to show his worth and form first.

Why tests though? Who would we replace him with?

Btw, I'm just waiting for Ironcat to come in and say, "Now the Miscows are arguing with each other :))"

ironcat imploded, congrats namak_halal.

and yh misbah needs to retire from odi.

Why tests though? Who would we replace him with?

The reason I say Tests too is because Stability and Tuk Tuk are utterly useless if Tests end in a Draw/Loss.

I say Asad/Azhar should be groomed for Test Captaincy.

Misbah is 38, how long are we going to drag this sorry tale on? If Misbah was 10 years younger then it's a different story, but right now there's no point in having a captain that's on the verge of collecting his P45. The effect? Lack of desire to win.

We must inject agression into the team across all formats.

Not at all. Pakistan's 3-0 beat over England has very little to do with Misbah's Captaincy and had everything to do with his bowlers and the team's desire and will to beat England after the 2010 Spot Fixing Saga. That series was played at a personal level.

Also, I feel like only people who watch this series should be able to comment because honestly, captaincy is only something that can be measured by watching and not something from a score line or a scorecard.

Exactly. This is why stats such as W/L at face value may seem appealing but deep down reveal a brutal truth. For example, Misbah's Test Match W/L is heavily inflated by Minnow/Medicore beats. (Unless one counts Zim and Bangladesh as Heavyweights that is.) :)

Not at all. Pakistan's 3-0 beat over England has very little to do with Misbah's Captaincy and had everything to do with his bowlers and the team's desire and will to beat England after the 2010 Spot Fixing Saga. That series was played at a personal level.

Exactly. This is why stats such as W/L at face value may seem appealing but deep down reveal a brutal truth. For example, Misbah's Test Match W/L is heavily inflated by Minnow/Medicore beats. (Unless one counts Zim and Bangladesh as Heavyweights that is.) :)

Hmm, I do see where you're coming from but even then I believe captain deserves some credit, especially in ODIs. But at the end of the day, Pakistan has usually been a one-star performance team in ODIs and the captain always has very little to do with that.

:)) Don't repeat that or Ironcat will start repeating his posts as well and throwing out numbers like 441, 741, 990, 1045.

Hmm, I do see where you're coming from but even then I believe captain deserves some credit, especially in ODIs. But at the end of the day, Pakistan has usually been a one-star performance team in ODIs and the captain always has very little to do with that.

In ODIs? I cannot find any credit in a 1-7 thrashing.

Pakistan are capable of beating any team on the planet in any format. All they need is that one chingari, and in my view it's the departure of Misbah now. We've ridden the euphoria of post corruption free cricket, now is the time to sustain it.

:)) Don't repeat that or Ironcat will start repeating his posts as well and throwing out numbers like 441, 741, 990, 1045.

I think the numbers are error debug codes. :)

Last edited:
Beating Australia with this team is nothing really. I expect Pakistan to win. You should see how they just got hammered against England. They have no big players left. Watson & Lee are injured. Pakistan are expected to win so I don't see this as a big challenge for Misbah. Its a weak Australian team.

& UAE is home for us. We know conditions the best out of any other team. We know them better than Australia. Conditions suit us.

ok so now i get it...

If we beat Australia, then Misbah haters will say that Australia are minnows :)))

Better start getting there excuses out now.

last 8 odis:ad Were we playing T20 in Asia Cup?

you know, this worst captain of yours is the only the second Pakistani captain to win the Asia CUp

Better now than later.

:))).. Yeah.. The player who got the nomination ICC Cricketer of the year(only Pakistani batsmen to get it) Should retire from both the formats in which he has lead as a good player and captain.... Why? Because he doesn't hit blind shots and get out like SHahid AFridi..........

you know, this worst captain of yours is the only the second Pakistani captain to win the Asia CUp

The only challenging team their was India and they beat us. & if we win its down to Misbah but if we lose its down to the players yeah?

Is it Misbah's captaincy fault, if his players fail to score runs while batting?? Misbah did pretty good wiith the bat. Azhar Ali was wonderful with the bat, but what about others? THe Vice-captain, was pretty poor in the Odis..

Honestly, if you hate him, then thats one thing, but to put all the blame of the losses on him without even looking at the situation is ridiculous

:))).. Yeah.. The player who got the nomination ICC Cricketer of the year(only Pakistani batsmen to get it) Should retire from both the formats in which he has lead as a good player and captain.... Why? Because he doesn't hit blind shots and get out like SHahid AFridi..........

Why? He's 38 and was a stop-gap captain.

Why? Because he's a proven Match-Loser.

Why? Because he is a defensive and defeatist captain.

The only challenging team their was India and they beat us. & if we win its down to Misbah but if we lose its down to the players yeah?

So Sri Lanka wasn't challenging? Bangladesh wasn't challenging in both the games????

If one had actually watched the game, then he would know that Bangladesh was quite a challenging team in the group game against Pakistan, aswell as the final...

Smart captaincy helped us win the final, when Misbah gave the over to Cheema, who even though went for alot of runs before, but bowled good at death.

Is it Misbah's captaincy fault, if his players fail to score runs while batting?? Misbah did pretty good wiith the bat. Azhar Ali was wonderful with the bat, but what about others? THe Vice-captain, was pretty poor in the Odis..

Honestly, if you hate him, then thats one thing, but to put all the blame of the losses on him without even looking at the situation is ridiculous

And to give him credit for the victories without even looking at the situation is equally ridiculous (like you do for England 3-0, and Zimbabwe :))

What is it they say in Urdu? Pehle apne giribaan mein jhaako

Why? He's 38 and was a stop-gap captain.

Why? Because he's a proven Match-Loser.

Why? Because he is a defensive and defeatist captain.

proven Match loser? What matches did he loss for us?

lol, if Misbah is a match loser, then what the hell is Afridi :)))

Defensive captain? Well i would prefer this SO CALLED defensive captain over others as currently we are still unbeaten in test, under this defensive captain...

If he's 38, so what??? WHat does age have to do anything..... WHere the hell does it say that once you reach teh age of 38, you should retire..

THis 38 year old is atleast performing better then some of those U30 years old!

Isn't Afridi's actaul age 37-38? Why shouldn't he retire?

As I've said before when Pakistan win its down to Misbah and his amazing captaincy and when Pakistan lose, then you put it down to the players.

& did 'pretty good' with the bat? He was horrible that series mate. He's the one who started the collapse in the 4th ODI with a 'brainfart' as you call it. Misbah played a poor shot when things were going fine. Pakistan collapsed after that and we lost thanks to captain fantastic. He bottled it under pressure yet again. This is the cricinfo commentary:

Malinga to Misbah-ul-Haq, OUT, against the run of play, Misbah has holed out. This is not over by a long way. What an effort from Kulasekara at mid-off. His two catches today, put against Gul's fielding, could be the difference tonight. Length ball from Malinga, Misbah camps back, opens up the stance slightly, and smashes it down the ground. It goes uppishly, to the right of mid-off, where Kulasekara completes a solid catch. This is timed perfectly, mind you. Superb anticipation from Kula

Misbah averaged 36 at a SR of 60, that's pathetic mate.
Umar Akmal averaged 47 at a SR of 75.

Misbah has been playing cricket for over 10 years. Umar has been playing for about 3 -4 years.

And to give him credit for the victories without even looking at the situation is equally ridiculous (like you do for England 3-0, and Zimbabwe :))

What is it they say in Urdu? Pehle apne giribaan mein jhaako

had the bowlers failed, then you haters would had blamed Misbah for the loss, and make excuses. BUt when the bowlers perform, according to you ahters its all cause of the bowlers not cause of the captain

So Sri Lanka wasn't challenging? Bangladesh wasn't challenging in both the games????

If one had actually watched the game, then he would know that Bangladesh was quite a challenging team in the group game against Pakistan, aswell as the final...

Smart captaincy helped us win the final, when Misbah gave the over to Cheema, who even though went for alot of runs before, but bowled good at death.

Hold on, so if Bangladesh is performing well against Pakistan then they're a challenging team (not Pakistan making them challenging) but if a player makes a 100 against them or someone takes a 5 wicket haul, then they're a minnow?

Pick one man. Bangladesh played well that tournament, but we still beat them and the games only became challenging because Pakistan put themselves in a position that way (note, Misbah is not the only one at fault for this)

Lastly, had Misbah given the last over to Cheema and he went for 20 runs would you have blamed Misbah for the captaincy or blamed Cheema for bowling crap?

Defensive captain? Well i would prefer this SO CALLED defensive captain over others as currently we are still unbeaten in test, under this defensive captain...

If he's 38, so what??? WHat does age have to do anything..... WHere the hell does it say that once you reach teh age of 38, you should retire..

:)) are you joking? 2 matches come to mind. India-Pakistan final, 2007. He lost us that game. He should have taken us to victory after being set. Mohali 2011. He lost us that match.

had the bowlers failed, then you haters would had blamed Misbah for the loss, and make excuses. BUt when the bowlers perform, according to you ahters its all cause of the bowlers not cause of the captain

Well obviously haha, if a bowler performs well its because the bowler has performed well. Its down to the bowler not the captain :)))

Misbah has 2 MOTM in 102 ODIs. Afridi has 34 in 346. You tell me who's the match loser and who's the match winner?

Not to mention, why the hell do you bring up Afridi in every thread? You know the two events aren't mutually exclusive right? Just because you hate Misbah means you love Afridi?

You do this in every thread. You compare Misbah to Afridi on some absurd levels. Stick to Misbah.

What does Afridi have to do with this thread?

Yes Misbah is a proven Match Loser. I've lost count the number of times he has choked in crunch games/situations.

Stop using hypotheticals to prove a point shahrukh. I'm not a blind Misbah hater - I would have looked at the situation and said that accordingly.

But for what it's worth, if England played the bowlers well then no, I would not have blamed Misbah.

You yourself say that you have to look at the situation, surely you can see that most of Ajmal & Rehman's wickets were because they had the English batsmen bamboolzed completely. What did Misbah have to do with that?

All he had to do was set an attacking field (because, let's be real here, when you're taking 2-3 wickets together, what else would you do?) and watch Ajmal and Rehman do their magic.

And not once have I done what you keep saying I do. And I haven't seen many others do that either. Your defense to a point cannot be because "oh you guys do that too". It's stupid and makes you look immature.

Beta ask your self why the Bangladesh games were challenging when they shouldn't have been. No wait, bangladesh are heavyweights.

Smart? Smart is not winning the Asia Cup by 2 runs against Minnows in the finals!

:)) are you joking? 2 matches come to mind. India-Pakistan final, 2007. He lost us that game. He should have taken us to victory after being set. Mohali 2011. He lost us that match.

The 2007 Final was not lost cause of Misbah. It was lost cause of the Afridi and the other batsmen who did nothing, whiile Misbah showed his performance, and actually tried to win...

How did Misbah lost us that 2007 final when he scored the most runs there...

2011 Mohali, again not Misbah's fault. He tried to stable the innings...

WHat did the so called Boom Boom players, Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi, ABdul Razzaq do in the end?? You tell me?

But, even if you blame Misbah for two games... Then lets compare those 2 games with the number of games Afridi has lost us...

What does Afridi have to do with this thread?

Yes Misbah is a proven Match Loser. I've lost count the number of times he has choked in crunch games/situations.

When he hasn't lost us any game, then offcourse you won't be able to count....

Proven match loser? No one has proven this to me?

Beta ask your self why the Bangladesh games were challenging when they shouldn't have been. No wait, bangladesh are heavyweights.

Smart? Smart is not winning the Asia Cup by 2 runs against Minnows in the finals!

Against you blindly bring in the minnow tag, but not looking at the situation.

That same Minnow beat Sri Lanka and India(cause of :sachin). They were also coming close to beat us in both the games, but Pakistan won it at the last moment...

Bangladesh was quite a challenge for us. ANd they were not only a challenge for us, but for Sri Lanka and for India aswell...

Stop using hypotheticals to prove a point shahrukh. I'm not a blind Misbah hater - I would have looked at the situation and said that accordingly.

But for what it's worth, if England played the bowlers well then no, I would not have blamed Misbah.

You yourself say that you have to look at the situation, surely you can see that most of Ajmal & Rehman's wickets were because they had the English batsmen bamboolzed completely. What did Misbah have to do with that?

All he had to do was set an attacking field (because, let's be real here, when you're taking 2-3 wickets together, what else would you do?) and watch Ajmal and Rehman do their magic.

And not once have I done what you keep saying I do. And I haven't seen many others do that either. Your defense to a point cannot be because "oh you guys do that too". It's stupid and makes you look immature.

so Misbah has to bowl and take wickets to prove himself as a good captain?:dav Kya logic hai yar!

Set an attacking field? Misbah field placement wasn't any different in that game....

see there you go, if Pakistan wins, you guys blindly say it was an attacking field, if we lose then you blindly start saying it was a defensive field

The 2007 Final was not lost cause of Misbah. It was lost cause of the Afridi and the other batsmen who did nothing, whiile Misbah showed his performance, and actually tried to win...

WHat did the so called Boom Boom players, Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi, ABdul Razzaq do in the end?? You tell me?

But, even if you blame Misbah for two games... Then lets compare those 2 games with the number of games Afridi has lost us...

Let me remind you: This thread is not a comparison between Misbah and Afridi. He has nothing to do with this debate. You want to talk about Afridi in a Misbah thread all the time, go open up a Misbah vs Afridi thread.

Stop defending Misbah using Afridi. I don't care whether it's right or wrong - it's irrelevant.

Also, I don't blame Misbah for 2007, but I fully blame him for 2011. Doesn't matter if anyone did anything or not, the point was that Misbah took it upon himself to stay till the end and stabilize and that means he should have finished off and won the game for Pakistan. Instead, he liked the dot balls more as the RRR went up from 8 to 10 to 13 to 16 to impossible.

so Misbah has to bowl and take wickets to prove himself as a good captain?:dav Kya logic hai yar!

Set an attacking field? Misbah field placement wasn't any different in that game....

see there you go, if Pakistan wins, you guys blindly say it was an attacking field, if we lose then you blindly start saying it was a defensive field

Why are you putting words in my mouth?

Where did I say Misbah has to bowl himself to prove himself a good captain?

And what do you mean by setting an attacking field? My point was that Ajmal and Rehman took their wickets and Misbah just had to ride on their coattails with the field and not screw up epically.

He didn't set fields that had to pry out wickets. England batsmen had no idea how to play Ajmal and Rehman. They were giving in even before the ball was bold.

Who the hell says it was blindly an attacking field? Instead of being so angry, why don't you actually take sometime to read my post?

I never blindly didn't give Misbah credit either. He did well as a batsman in that series and probably did a good job praising the team and generally being a good captain, but his job really wasn't that difficult. England was folding in every game. Stop using that "blindly defend/hate if this had happened" every single time. It doesn't prove your point. Do you ever see me using that to argue with you?

Oh and thanks for responding to my point about Cheema.

When he hasn't lost us any game, then offcourse you won't be able to count....

Proven match loser? No one has proven this to me?

Doesn't matter if he was the top scorer. Bottom line is if you are set and have taken the team that far you should go on to win the game. Misbah had a 'brainfart' as you Misbots like to say.

Misbah has lost us many games. Another 2 games he has lost is the last T20's he played against England. He lost the last 2 games and after that everyone realised he's not T20 material therefore he was dropped.

& blindly say its an attacking field? Do you even know what 'blindly' means? :))

1. If you claim to 'watch' games and read not just read it on cricinfo there is no way you can claim that Bangladesh were 'minnows' during those games.

2. Saffer series is the big test. I will be ecstatic with a draw. Call that defeatist/defensive whatever but I call it being realistic.

1. If you claim to 'watch' games and read not just read it on cricinfo there is no way you can claim that Bangladesh were 'minnows' during those games.

2. Saffer series is the big test. I will be ecstatic with a draw. Call that defeatist/defensive whatever but I call it being realistic.

Poor mindset to have. Misbah has done this to you. We should always go in looking to win. South Africa aren't much at home. They lost to a Sri Lankan team recently at home which we hammered. They also lost to India at home. Pakistan should win one game at least as we have a better test side than India & Sri Lanka.

Poor mindset to have. Misbah has done this to you. We should always go in looking to win. South Africa aren't much at home. They lost to a Sri Lankan team recently at home which we hammered. They also lost to India at home. Pakistan should win one game at least as we have a better test side than India & Sri Lanka.

I mean draw the series.

Thats not a poor mindset at all. We should look to win every match but I will be happy with a drawn series.

It will be a tough tour for our young side and their first opportunity to get stuck into a top class side in bowler friendly conditions.

Against you blindly bring in the minnow tag, but not looking at the situation.

That same Minnow beat Sri Lanka and India(cause of :sachin). They were also coming close to beat us in both the games, but Pakistan won it at the last moment...

Bangladesh was quite a challenge for us. ANd they were not only a challenge for us, but for Sri Lanka and for India aswell...

Sri Lanka! Ho ho ho! Are you talking about the same team players who bottled it in the 3rd Test? As for India losing, well that was because of Sachin's selfish knock.

Misbots are now becoming a joke in this thread.. They want us to believe Bangladesh were heavyweights in the Asia Cup and include the Asia Cup win in Misbah's ODI record, but they will never talk about the 1-7 pasting Misbah was handed on a plate.

As I posted before, Ironcat is not defending Misbah any more. He's defending his own ego. His wrong and has been proved wrong many times now. His other little bots have disappeared too. He's repeating posts over and over again, just give up now.
Like I said, 17K posts later, it's about time you came up with your own arguments. It's really not that difficult.:37:

Sri Lanka! Ho ho ho! Are you talking about the same team players who bottled it in the 3rd Test? As for India losing, well that was because of Sachin's selfish knock.

Misbots are now becoming a joke in this thread.. They want us to believe Bangladesh were heavyweights in the Asia Cup and include the Asia Cup win in Misbah's ODI record, but they will never talk about the 1-7 pasting Misbah was handed on a plate.

2 different formats.

Only 3 players the same.

I dont know what you are trying to compare here.

ironcat imploded, congrats namak_halal.

and yh misbah needs to retire from odi.
Comes from a guy who said "I've never seen Miandad bat."

All that experience channeled into two extraordinary lines of English.

Both those teams contained seasoned pros.

We are working our way up slowly. Unfortunately we don't have any players of the like of Sanga, Jaya, Sehwag etc atm.

First time these lads will have played in these conditions.

I dont think its a defensive aim. If people want to be childish and say we can spank every team then its quite ridiculous.

We will take small steps towards the No1 ranking.

Draw is a good result in context.

2 different formats.

Only 3 players the same.

I dont know what you are trying to compare here.

What are you talking about?

Out of the 3, Jayawardene and Sangakkara were playing. 2 of the most influential players in the SL team. The same players who decided it would be a good idea to play for a draw in the 3rd test match once Jayawardene lost his wicket.

5 and 6 respective scores in the Asia Cup match vs Bangladesh for the two of them.

Bottlers.

What are you talking about?

Out of the 3, Jayawardene and Sangakkara were playing. 2 of the most influential players in the SL team. The same players who decided it would be a good idea to play for a draw in the 3rd test match once Jayawardene lost his wicket.

5 and 6 respective scores in the Asia Cup match vs Bangladesh for the two of them.

Bottlers.

:))

acha yaar theek hai.

sangakara and jayawardne are bottles with crap attitude.

Misbah averaged 36 at a SR of 60, that's pathetic mate.
Umar Akmal averaged 47 at a SR of 75.

Misbah has been playing cricket for over 10 years. Umar has been playing for about 3 -4 years.
Misbah's test average: 45.68
Misbah's ODI average: 42.15
Misbah's test status: Captain
Misbah' ODI status: Captain

Umar Akmal's test average: 35.82
Umar Akmal's ODI average: 38.48
Umar Akmal's test status Kicked out
Umar Akmal's ODI status: Slotted in the lower middle order

So, you see, if you want to compare the two in this thread, you will have to dig up a tamasha format as your only consolation.

acha yaar theek hai.

sangakara and jayawardne are bottles with crap attitude.

Sri Lanka's decision to not go after the win was similar to MS Dhoni's perplexing move last year in the Dominica Test against West Indies, when play was called off with India needing 86 off 90 balls with seven wickets in hand to seal a 2-0 series win. That flat ending took the gloss away from India's 1-0 win.

That even Pakistan captain Misbah was caught off guard by early finish in this Test was telling. "Chasing 270 in 71 overs is not an easy task, but after the start [Sri Lanka got] and being 150 for 2, and when you need less than four an over, that was the time they could have taken the game away from us," Misbah said. "I was really surprised they put the shutters down and never tried to go for the runs. I don't know what happened … the way the wicket was behaving, scoring was really easy on it, they could have gone for the target."

Jayawardene, though, didn't look back at the scoreline of 1-0 with any regrets. "I think it's fair to say that the attitude was to win," Jayawardene said. "I think we cruised until the last hour and half. But when I got out, we said 'no, we'll close shop'. We said that it's probably not worth it, because they had a very negative field set, cramming our guys. [We said] let's not take too many risks at the end because we're one up in the series."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-pakistan-2012/content/story/572133.html

You keep pretending Bangladesh are heavyweights.

Misbah's test average: 45.68
Misbah's ODI average: 42.15
Misbah's test status: Captain
Misbah' ODI status: Captain

Umar Akmal's test average: 35.82
Umar Akmal's ODI average: 38.48
Umar Akmal's test status Kicked out
Umar Akmal's ODI status: Slotted in the lower middle order

So, you see, if you want to compare the two in this thread, you will have to dig up a tamasha format as your only consolation.

LOL, you mean Misbah's ODI status - Captain Bottler?
bottler.gif

& if you see it as a 'tamasha' format why bring the format up? Please take a look at the age of Misbah & compare it to Umar. Umar is starting his career. Misbah is finishing his career. Misbah plays for records. Umar plays for the team :)

Last edited:
2011, one can blame Misbah but I can't blame him for 2007. The rest were pathetic then

This is what I'm on about. Misbah fans don't really care that Pakistan have lost a series. What cares to them is that Misbah hasn't lost a series.
Nope, this is what you are on about.

When Misbah performs: you = :runaway:
When Misbah doesn't perform: your post count = :nonstop:

Back