The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread

What the hell? I quoted Ironcat exactly! How is that twisting or changing my wording?

If anything what I said myself BEFORE would be incorrect because that's in my own words.

Man, you can't be serious.

Dude Misbots cannot be serious; we know this from Ironcat's performance of late.

Misbots are pretending they did not read your posts or Ironcat’s claim yet in the meantime are trying to muster a defensive excuse.

Personally I find it thoroughly entertaining.

1 hour and 40 mins to go!

I feel like he might just leave PP altogether.

THat would be sad, I do look out for his posts. They create fun debates to squash :)

I'm off too.

Goodnight folks. I cannot wait to read this thread in the morning.

PS: I predict 16 posts from Ironcat in about an hour.

A warm moo to the Miscows!

Great to see a whole crowd. We are all here to witness the final spanking of the cows in this thread.

I request our kind mods to designate this a PP Remembrance Day. The day we shall remember as the epic PWNAGE of our resident cows.

I do wish them a rewarding new career at their friendly neighborhood McDonalds though. (No chop intended.)

Sorry for the delay - there's life outside these forums too.:D

Let's get started.

MISCOWS:
Misbah was too defensive by agreeing to Mahela's request to end the test 9 overs early with 6 SL wickets in hand on a pavement track with Sanga at 75*.

So, our question to the cows. Care to show us an example of a captain - even a legendary captain - who has taken 6 wickets in nine overs on the last day of a test match to win it for his team?

They were given more than half a day to come up with a precedent of such a miracle.

And their response:

200806261030.jpg

Chickened OUT!

Ran AWAY!

Schooled.

So, folks - that argument has now been done and dusted with. We'll recap the history of that schooling shortly though.

Now, on to:
Ironcat said:
Err, yes. Imran has lost series, with the last game as a draw and both captains agreeing to close shop well before the last 10 overs. You need to watch cricket - instead of reading scorelines at the end of the day.

Third test in Sydney in February 1990:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63522.html

Final day of the final test. Pakistan 1 down in the series. Australia 176 for 2. 65 overs already bowled. Minimum 25 more overs to go. And, guess what, both captains decide to close shop.

Imran lost the series? CHECK.
Last game was a draw? CHECK.
Both captains decide to close shop well before the last 10 overs? CHECK.

pie_in_face.jpg

Now, on to an example of Imran's similar defensive but prudent moves.

Lahore Test vs WI, Dec 1990:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63542.html

Final day. 256 runs to get in 90 overs with 8 wickets in hand. Imran hunkers down. With only ~65 overs bowled for the day, Imran and Haynes see the eventuality of the draw. Imran gives up winning the series against WI by choosing not to score those remaining 100-odd runs in the last 25 overs or so. Instead, Haynes and he call it an early evening and shutter down.

Pie_IN_THE_FACE_by_green_watches.jpg

-----------------

Next example. Clive Lloyd, the great WI captain. Down 0-1 in the series. Last test in Christchurch.

Christchurch Test vs NZ, Feb 1980

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63501.html

WI declare at tea on the final day with a 215 run lead, and both captains decide to call it off after tea without NZ facing a single ball.

Those were about 30 to 35 overs remaining on that day.

1047385-Cartoon-Pie-In-A-Mans-Face-Poster-Art-Print.jpg

-----------------

Next example. Allan Border, the great Aussie captain. Adelaide test.

Adelaide Test vs Eng, Dec 198:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63446.html

Set 140 to win, England are cheaply down to 20-odd for two, but with about 15 overs remaining, the two captains call it an early evening.

So:

RonScottPieFace.jpg

I think it is fair to surmise Ironcat's latest stunt has somewhat backfired. IZeeshan called his bluff and Ironcat has responded with a gem of a post - cringworthy.

Goodnight folks. I cannot wait to read this thread in the morning.
I officially rename you Zibah_Halaal.

:)))

Last edited:
SL series predictions:
Namak_halaal said:
I believe Pakistan can do it with or with out Misbah.

3-0 to Pakistan is my prediction.

vs

Ironcat said:
Not going to happen. At least the 3-0 in SL part. Mahela is a real captain. He will cajole at least a draw out of Misbah and maybe a win out of his replacement.

That said, sky is looking blue. We drop the 0-0 and 0-2 this year and then the 0-3 against the Aussies next year. Without having to do anything extreme, we should be able to remain in top 3 for a while.

Namak = Schooled.

Zibah's...err...Namak's opinion on series vs match W/L ratios:
Namak_Halaal said:
Winning more Test matches than Test series is more important.

The W/L ratios are also important - they reveal consistency.

Pakistan is more consistent than India.
And here is what he is posting in the other thread:
Namak_Halaal said:
Oh my. Misbots stooping to new lows here by claiming Test Series results do not matter only Test Match results matter.

I see, so now individual Test matches matter and not series results. Got it.

What fun!

Here are the terms of your surrender, Miscows.

Write the following out in the thread 100 times:

I belong to Misbah the Great,
Have a mercy on our moo,
The day we graduate from the School
All our dreams shall come true.

And this isn't just for iZeeshan and Zibah...err...Namak.

Bullet Drive, you ain't hiding anywhere.

Ho ho ho!

Now, on to an example of Imran's similar defensive but prudent moves.

Lahore Test vs WI, Dec 1990:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63542.html

Final day. 256 runs to get in 90 overs with 8 wickets in hand. Imran hunkers down. With only ~65 overs bowled for the day, Imran and Haynes see the eventuality of the draw. Imran gives up winning the series against WI by choosing not to score those remaining 100-odd runs in the last 25 overs or so. Instead, Haynes and he call it an early evening and shutter down.

Pakistan were already level in the series at 1-1, and were not down in the series like Misbah was.

Ahh yes, I can see how this is the same scenario as Misbah's defeatist draw.

Now, on to:

Final day of the final test. Pakistan 1 down in the series. Australia 176 for 2. 65 overs already bowled. Minimum 25 more overs to go. And, guess what, both captains decide to close shop.

Sat 3 Feb - day 1 - no play
Sun, 4 Feb - day 2 - no play

Mon, 5 Feb - day 3 - Pakistan 1st innings 110/5 (Imran Khan 27*, Wasim Akram 4*)
Tue, 6 Feb - day 4 - Australia 1st innings 0/0 (MA Taylor 0*, MRJ Veletta 0*)
Wed, 7 Feb - day 5 - no play
Thu, 8 Feb - day 6 - Australia 1st innings 176/2 (65 ov) - end of match

Yes I can see with 3 days washed out, Pakistan only completing the 1st innings, with Australia in the middle of their 1st inning reply, with both teams still needing to complete their 2nd innings.

Next example. Clive Lloyd, the great WI captain. Down 0-1 in the series. Last test in Christchurch.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63501.html

WI declare at tea on the final day with a 215 run lead, and both captains decide to call it off after tea without NZ facing a single ball.

Please check the URL; I didn’t realise Sir Clive Lloyd played for NZ? Or did he play for Pakistan?

Next example. Allan Border, the great Aussie captain. Adelaide test.

Adelaide Test vs Eng, Dec 198:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63446.html

Set 140 to win, England are cheaply down to 20-odd for two, but with about 15 overs remaining, the two captains call it an early evening.

Set 140 to win? More lies.

Let’s see:

AUS score 514 in the 1st innings.
ENG score 445 in the 1st innings.
AUS score 201 in the second innings.
Leaving England to chase 270 to win (not 140) - Almost double the figure claimed by Ironcat

England 39 for 2 in reply, needing 231 runs in about 90 deliveries [about 15 overs]

Originally Posted by Ironcat
Imran has agreed to draws in the past where there were full sessions left in the game. But most of that was when you were still in you diapers.

No evidence supporting this claim thus far.

No wonder Ironcat was buying his time.

I think Ironcat bet on himself to lose.

:)

Last edited:
SL series predictions:

Blah blah blah

Superb! Yes my SL series prediction didn't materialise, but hey, at least I backed Pakistan despite my reservations of Misbah. You on the other hand, despite your love for Misbah and pretence, bet against him and Pakistan.

Ghaddar.

What a glorious morning.

The reality is Ironcat doesn't even deny it!

Last edited:
Epic PWNAGE of Zibah...err...Namak.

Pakistan were already level in the series at 1-1, and were not down in the series like Misbah was.

So, what's your point? You already got an example of 1 down.

Try again.

Namak_Halaal said:
Sat 3 Feb - day 1 - no play
Sun, 4 Feb - day 2 - no play

Mon, 5 Feb - day 3 - Pakistan 1st innings 110/5 (Imran Khan 27*, Wasim Akram 4*)
Tue, 6 Feb - day 4 - Australia 1st innings 0/0 (MA Taylor 0*, MRJ Veletta 0*)
Wed, 7 Feb - day 5 - no play
Thu, 8 Feb - day 6 - Australia 1st innings 176/2 (65 ov) - end of match

Yes I can see with 3 days washed out, Pakistan only completing the 1st innings, with Australia in the middle of their 1st inning reply, with both teams still needing to complete their 2nd innings.

Like I said, write this in the thread:

Write the following out in the thread 100 times:

Have a mercy on our moo,

And, now, excuses are on to RAIN.:))) That rain that washed out the entire second day of the third SL test? Oh, the chopped Miscows.:)))

Meanwhile:

Ironcat said:
Err, yes. Imran has lost series, with the last game as a draw and both captains agreeing to close shop well before the last 10 overs. You need to watch cricket - instead of reading scorelines at the end of the day.

pie_in_face.jpg

Namak_Halaal said:
England 39 for 2 in reply, needing 231 runs in about 90 deliveries [about 15 overs]

Shrug. 231 or 141. Who cares? This ain't about England. Border could have had his 8 wickets in 15 overs. Isn't Misbah going to have his 6 in 9? :))

So:

RonScottPieFace.jpg

Namak_Halaal said:
No evidence supporting this claim thus far.

No wonder Ironcat was buying his time.

I think Ironcat bet on himself to lose.

You are now Zibah_Halaal.

Say it with me:

Have a mercy on our moo,

Superb! Yes my SL series prediction didn't materialise, but hey, at least I backed Pakistan despite my reservations of Misbah. You on the other hand, despite your love for Misbah and pretence, bet against him and Pakistan.

Ghaddar.

What a glorious morning.

The reality is Ironcat doesn't even deny it!

Sing it with me:

Have a mercy on our moo,

And we must not forget....

MISCOWS:
Misbah was too defensive by agreeing to Mahela's request to end the test 9 overs early with 6 SL wickets in hand on a pavement track with Sanga at 75*.

So, our question to the cows. Care to show us an example of a captain - even a legendary captain - who has taken 6 wickets in nine overs on the last day of a test match to win it for his team?

They were given more than half a day to come up with a precedent of such a miracle.

And their response:

200806261030.jpg

Chickened OUT!

Ran AWAY!

Schooled.

So, folks - that argument has now been done and dusted with.

Ironcat all over the place.

Shrug. 231 or 141. Who cares?

This just sums up Ironcat's mentality, efforts, and attention to detail and accuracy.

Clearly Ironcat didn't even read the links he cited himself.

Remember folks; NEVER take anything at face value. Always verify the information yourself. God has given you the brain, the eyes, and the hearing, and you are responsible for using them!

Last edited:
Ironcat all over the place.

This just sums up Ironcat's mentality, efforts, and attention to detail and accuracy.

Clearly Ironcat didn't even read the links he cited himself.

Remember folks; NEVER take anything at face value. Always verify the information yourself. God has given you the brain, the eyes, and the hearing, and you are responsible for using them!

Which "folks" are you referring to? There are only chops around you right now.:))

You can see the reaction. The schooling has hit home. Implosion of Zibah...err..Namak imminent. 3..2..1...

------------------

So, Namak_Halaal, which one is it:
Namak_Halaal said:
There is no argument. You believe Zimbabwe are minnows (and Bangladesh too).
OR
Namak_Halaal said:
You believe Zimbabwe are non minnows.

------------------

This is getting worse for Ironcat.

NZ didn't even have time to play their 2nd innings.

I fail to see how this is the same as Misbah's defeatist draw.

Nobody said the difficulty level will still be beginners.:)

------------------

1047385-Cartoon-Pie-In-A-Mans-Face-Poster-Art-Print.jpg

Showing the mirror, Namak. Showing the mirror. Isn't it all about "accuracy and attention to detail"?

:afridi

Honestly Ironcat, I know you believe it was a typo but are now simply clutching at straws.

In my experience any poster who resorts to Grammar, Spelling Mistakes, Typos, and Structure of a post, is not only desperate but is intellectually bankrupt.

But, what ever helps you sleep at night.

Honestly Ironcat, I know you believe it was a typo but are now simply clutching at straws.

In my experience any poster who resorts to Grammar, Spelling Mistakes, Typos, and Structure of a post, is not only desperate but is intellectually bankrupt.

But, what ever helps you sleep at night.

Any poster who runs away from the main argument and clutches on to a number lookup typo is worth a dime a dozen in this debate.

You have already been schooled now. The argument from this point onwards is simply with the original defendant - your iZ brother. Watch as I pick him apart as well.

Any poster who runs away from the main argument and clutches on to a number lookup typo is worth a dime a dozen in this debate.

Ohhh so NOW you say it was a Typo? That's all you had to say brother. I believe you.

As for running from the main argument - give me a break. Didn't we agree on the fact that stats do not reveal context or value? This is why despite Misbah having better W/L ratio stats than IK, IK remains the greatest Pakistani captain for reasons beyond stats? I’m pretty sure we agreed on this point in the 'Is Misbah a Match Winner?' thread.

Your feeble comparison between IK and Misbah stats was at face value. The evidence you cite provides CONTEXT. Not a single piece of evidence is remotely close to the position Misbah was in when he agreed to a draw.

I understand Pakistanis have the tendency to exaggerate sometimes but man you take the biscuit.

Ohhh so NOW you say it was a Typo? That's all you had to say brother. I believe you.

As for running from the main argument - give me a break. Didn't we agree on the fact that stats do not reveal context or value? This is why despite Misbah having better W/L ratio stats than IK, IK remains the greatest Pakistani captain for reasons beyond stats? I’m pretty sure we agreed on this point in the 'Is Misbah a Match Winner?' thread.

Your feeble comparison between IK and Misbah stats was at face value. The evidence you cite provides CONTEXT. Not a single piece of evidence is remotely close to the position Misbah was in when he agreed to a draw.

I understand Pakistanis have the tendency to exaggerate sometimes but man you take the biscuit.

Yawn. Excuses galore.

The comparison with IK was simply to blast away your childish point about "agreeing to draw with 9 overs left".

The strawman arguments aren't going to hide your following epic surrender...

MISCOWS:

And their response:

200806261030.jpg

Chickened OUT!

Ran AWAY!

Schooled.

So, folks - that argument has now been done and dusted with.

Yawn. Excuses galore.

The comparison with IK was simply to blast away your childish point about "agreeing to draw with 9 overs left".

The strawman arguments aren't going to hide your following epic surrender...

OK lets grant your notion for a second. If what you say is correct true blah blah blah then it means you believe IK was a defeatist and defensive captain.

Tsk tsk.

Still waiting for Ironcat to post proof where Imran Khan agreed to a draw with sessions left in the game.

OK lets grant your notion for a second. If what you say is correct true blah blah blah then it means you believe IK was a defeatist and defensive captain.

Tsk tsk.

You would need a single-digit IQ to make that conclusion.

But I wanna get that IQ number refined though. So, let's walk through how you came up with that conclusion. :snack:

You would need a single-digit IQ to make that conclusion.

But I wanna get that IQ number refined though. So, let's walk through how you came up with that conclusion. :snack:

You are trying to convince readers of the identical style of captaincy and mindset between IK and Misbah by pretending IK did exactly what Misbah did in the 3rd test, not I.

Every man and his dog knows IK was aggressive and Misbah is defensive.

Get real Ironcat.

Context. You are comparing an IK test match which was washed out for 3 days with neither team having played a second innings vs. a Misbah Test match which was played for 5 days with SL needing 90 odd off the last 10 overs.

A result in IK's Test match was an improbability where as a result Misbah's Test match was a probability.

How deluded are you not to understand this?

Last edited:
How is there even any argument here after this?

Shrug. 231 or 141. Who cares? This ain't about England. Border could have had his 8 wickets in 15 overs. Isn't Misbah going to have his 6 in 9?

I think the mods should close this thread now, otherwise a whole new debate on typos will flood it.

Let's start with the base of 100.
You are trying to convince readers of the identical style of captaincy between IK and Misbah by pretending IK did exactly what Misbah did in the 3rd test, not I.

IK agreed to a draw more than 8 overs before the end of the last test in a lost series.

Misbah agreed to a draw more than 8 overs before the end of the last test in a lost series.

These are facts. They bust your brethren's childish challenge. Nothing more, nothing less.

Namak_Halaal said:
Every man and his dog knows IK was aggressive and Misbah is defensive.

You are yet to prove what happened in the 3rd SL test was anything more defensive on Misbah's part.

Namak_Halaal said:
Context. You are comparing an IK test match which was washed out for 3 days with neither team having played a second innings vs. a Misbah Test match which was played for 5 days with SL needing 90 odd off the last 10 overs.

IK agreed to a draw more than 8 overs before the end of the last test in a lost series.

Misbah agreed to a draw more than 8 overs before the end of the last test in a lost series.

These are facts. They bust your childish challenge. The context is a figment of your own imagination.

Namak_Halaal said:
A result in IK's Test match was an improbability where as a result Misbah's Test match was a probability.

Who cares? Your childish challenge got busted. That's what the point of that example was. Read it again. Or should I wait three weeks?

Meanwhile:

Care to show us an example of a captain - even a legendary captain - who has taken 6 wickets in nine overs on the last day of a test match to win it for his team?

So, I get 5 as the final answer to the IQ calculation. Bravo.

What are you trying to prove Ironcat? That IK and Misbah think alike? Are alike? I am beginning to doubt your statement here:

Originally Posted by Namak_Halaal
There's no argument, Misbah is not even within sight of Khan, Waugh, Lloyd et al.

Originally Posted by Ironcat
Agreed, but he's still the best thing to happen to Pakistan cricket in the last 5 years.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=4879662&postcount=110

I think Ironcat has been a revelation since last night. First we discover he bets against Misbah and Pakistan, and now he is on the verge of making the biggest U-Turn PP has ever witnessed.

Last edited:
What are you trying to prove Ironcat? That IK and Misbah think alike? Are alike? I am beginning to doubt your statement here:

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=4879662&postcount=110

I think Ironcat has been a revelation since last night. First we discover he bets against Misbah and Pakistan, and now he is on the verge of making the biggest U-Turn in his thinking PP has ever witnessed.

Like I said, just wait three weeks. It will all make sense.:)

Meanwhile, sing it with me:

Have a mercy on our moo,

As for u-turns:

Zibah's...err...Namak's opinion on series vs match W/L ratios:
Namak_Halaal said:
Winning more Test matches than Test series is more important.

The W/L ratios are also important - they reveal consistency.

Pakistan is more consistent than India.
And here is what he is posting in the other thread:
Namak_Halaal said:
Oh my. Misbots stooping to new lows here by claiming Test Series results do not matter only Test Match results matter.

I see, so now individual Test matches matter and not series results. Got it.
What fun!

Like I said, just wait three weeks. It will all make sense.:)

What is happening in 3 weeks? You coming out with another revelation or are you going to wake up from your wet dream?

Last edited:
lol, this is disgusting.

Ironcat you technically did win the argument since you checked off all your points, but we both know thats not a legitimate example since a win was not even humanely possible as the 2nd innings had not been played yet.

You don't argue for the sake of cricket but for the sake of protecting your ego, and that's where we are different.

I will try to ignore you from now on since I have come to realize that you're not really worth taking seriously as everyone as seen in this thread, but I do apologize if our paths cross again.

And I don't have to provide you an example of jack**** because I never made such an outrageous claim.

That's not how debating works.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And Ironcat has comprehensively failed in this regard.

Last edited:
Instead of just looking at the poster who you support pawning others, I suggest you look at how he's been pwned too.

shahrukh619 has remained silent.
Bilal demands this thread be closed.
DV is no where to be seen.
Ironcat, well, Ironcat has been Grrrrrrrrrrreat!

The plight of Misbots after receiving a pasting.

Now, on to:

pie_in_face.jpg

:))) :)))

This shows what kind of a poster you are. For the sake of an argument, you post a match that has absolutely NO relevance to the argument at all considering a result wasn't even remotely possible.

Yes it hits the entire "checklist" but surely you can't be delusional enough to think this actually proves a point?

We had not even gotten to ONE of the second innings, let alone the final day with several wickets to take to win or lose the game.

Man, it's over for you isn't it. How desperate are you Ironcat to protect your ego but just man up and admit that you made a mistake in claiming such a fact.

This thread has been very intense, and loved reading everyone's posts in this thread. This is exactly what PP needs, and let this thread be revival of the quality of PP after the quality has been reduced to gossiping standard lately.

^ Ironcat
You are doing great job, but a great member like you shouldn't fear to back up the strong statement. A great member like you doesn't need 3 days, and be a man, and provide an evidence already. :misbah

images

How right is James in this thread, and indeed, extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence.

top notch thread :zaka

As Salaamu Alaykum!

Last edited:
haha misbots destroyed.
Did you even see Ironcat's latest argument? He tries to equate the match I quoted above with the one that Misbah just finished off.

This thread has been very intense, and loved reading everyone's posts in this thread. This is exactly what PP needs, and let this thread be revival of the quality of PP after the quality has been reduced to gossiping standard lately.

^ Ironcat
You are doing great job, but a great member like you shouldn't fear to back up the strong statement. A great member like you doesn't need 3 days, and be a man, and provide an evidence already. :misbah

images

How right is James in this thread, and indeed, extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence.

top notch thread :zaka

As Salaamu Alaykum!

See post above. A poster who claims that Zimbabwe and Bangladesh aren't minnows and that match above is equivalent to what Misbah just finished off is definitely doing an amazing job.

I find it incredible that people just read the posts of the posters' who share the same ideas they do and ignore everything else. They turn a blind eye to all flaws in the argument, regardless of what side it's on.

I totally sympathize with Misbah's situation despite of Misbah's comment regarding T20.

It's all over 2009 now, just like Younus khan's supporters, they too are out of control now. I have been reading this thread for a while, and i still can't believe in relating to failure to acknowledge of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe as minnow teams, and especially coming from Misbah's supporters, and ironically, they are the only one who support this notion. Who would have thought? Something worth to read for Bangladesh and Zimbabwe's supporters after all. LOL

Well debated, IZeeshan, and NamakHalaal, what can i say? People still don't learn the lessons, do they? He is sultan of debate. That was expected.

Can't believe it's happening all over 2009 again.

Last edited:
That's fine. I look forward to hearing what you think about Ironcat's latest argument to the "proof" that was required.

Read my last night post where I said if Ironcat hasn't provided proof he will have egg on his face.

I cant check the links atm but that still stands, if he hasnt backed up his claims he has egg on his face.

Read my last night post where I said if Ironcat hasn't provided proof he will have egg on his face.

I cant check the links atm but that still stands, if he hasnt backed up his claims he has egg on his face.

Yaara, technically he has provided proof but please do look into the kind of proof he has provided and you make your own judgement on whether or not that serves as an example of the point I was trying to make.

Ok lets dissect this thread away from the emotion and hyperbole.

Did Ironcat live up to his claim. No. At least not completely

Does Ironcat not providing evidence mean he lost the debate about Misbahs captaincy. No.

It reflects badly on him but all his previous valid points still stand.

That aspect of the debate had nothing to do with Misbah. If you look at it objectively you will see that it was an ego clash between NH and IC.

NH has been used as a toilet in all Misbah threads, this time however IC ended up making himself look bad.

Again - Look at it objectively. Did Ironcats failure to provide evidence prove Misbah was a bad captain. No

lol, this is disgusting.

Ironcat you technically did win the argument since you checked off all your points, but we both know thats not a legitimate example since a win was not even humanely possible as the 2nd innings had not been played yet.
iZ, you have been PWNED.

You asked me to prove the claim I made, and I did it. Your lot doesn't even have an argument here. Instead of addressing the main point, you keep on spraying all over the wall with irrelevant stuff. Bravo!

iZeeshan said:
This shows what kind of a poster you are. For the sake of an argument, you post a match that has absolutely NO relevance to the argument at all considering a result wasn't even remotely possible.

Yes it hits the entire "checklist" but surely you can't be delusional enough to think this actually proves a point?

We had not even gotten to ONE of the second innings, let alone the final day with several wickets to take to win or lose the game.

You have been PWNED.

I made the exact claim I knew I could back up. You, on the other hand, have chickened out of every one of your claim in this thread.

As for your lies about not questioning Misbah's draw decision, here:

iZeeshan said:
Also, N_H you should have mentioned that Misbah agreed to a draw FULLY well knowing that we would have LOST the series. Obvs SL would take the draw, in the end they win the series, and no one cares.

There is only one reason anyone would make this statement, and that's if they were questioning the agreement to draw.

Last edited:
Actually ICs example of the Alan Border situation and IK again Windies is a reasonably good example to use.

They technically did not fulfil all the requirements that IC set out BUT still seem to exhibit some of the 'defensive' captaincy that you guys claim Misbah exhibts.

Aww, Bullet Drive, is the difficulty level too high?

I stopped taking BD seriously.

He downplays Misbahs achievements against 'minnows' but has put down an UAKmal knock against the biggest minnow in cricket (3rd choice Windies team) as one of his top 5 knocks.

^ Ironcat
You are doing great job, but a great member like you shouldn't fear to back up the strong statement. A great member like you doesn't need 3 days, and be a man, and provide an evidence already.
The evidence has been provided already. If you had "read" the thread, you wouldn't have posted the above.

I totally sympathize with Misbah's situation despite of Misbah's comment regarding T20.

It's all over 2009 now, just like Younus khan's supporters, they too are out of control now. I have been reading this thread for a while, and i still can't believe in relating to failure to acknowledge of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe as minnow teams, and especially coming from Misbah's supporters, and ironically, they are the only one who support this notion. Who would have thought? Something worth to read for Bangladesh and Zimbabwe's supporters after all. LOL

Well debated, IZeeshan, and NamakHalaal, what can i say? People still don't learn the lessons, do they? He is sultan of debate. That was expected.

Can't believe it's happening all over 2009 again.
This post tells me that you haven't read the thread AT ALL. If you have the guts, respond to those posts where you feel anyone is "out of control". That you are commenting in third person tells me that your debating style still has to grow a pair. :46:

I stopped taking BD seriously.

He downplays Misbahs achievements against 'minnows' but has put down an UAKmal knock against the biggest minnow in cricket (3rd choice Windies team) as one of his top 5 knocks.

lol how many times have you said this. Seems its hurting you a lot that I rated that highly. It was a good knock. Especially when you looked at the circumstances. & I never said it was one of his top 5 knocks. I don't think you read it properly. Here is what I wrote:

Here are some great ODI knocks Umar has played in his career so far:

41* against West Indies - ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10.

Pakistan were dizzied in what should have been a routine chase against a West Indies second XI. The pitch at the Wanderers had the kind of bounce and pace which any team would struggle on. Chasing 134, Pakistan were 76 for 5 and their top order had dealt with bounce very poor. After this innings here is what Sanjay Manjrekar had to say about Umar and the knock "Sanjay Manjrekar, in a break from commentating brought up the innings. A properly earnest disciple of the Bombay school of batting, where technique and correctness is all and sometimes overbearingly so, Manjrekar was as impressed as he was surprised that such a batsman had come out of Pakistan. How solidly he got behind the rising ball, how well he let the ball go, how unhurried he was and how smartly he constructed his little innings; Manjrekar thought him to be the most proper batsman to emerge from this land for many years."

Did Ironcat live up to his claim. No. At least not completely

It reflects badly on him but all his previous valid points still stand.
Not sure what this means. The evidence has been provided right here. The exact claim quoted, and the exact evidence provided.

You haven't even read the links and made a judgment?

lol how many times have you said this. Seems it hurting you a lot I rated that highly. It was a good knock. Especially when you looked at the circumstances. & I never said it was one of his top 5 knocks. I don't think you read it properly. Here is what I wrote:

Here are some great ODI knocks Umar has played in his career so far:

41* against West Indies - ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10.

Pakistan were dizzied in what should have been a routine chase against a West Indies second XI. The pitch at the Wanderers had the kind of bounce and pace which any team would struggle on. Chasing 134, Pakistan were 76 for 5 and their top order had dealt with bounce very poor. After this innings here is what Sanjay Manjrekar had to say about Umar and the knock "Sanjay Manjrekar, in a break from commentating brought up the innings. A properly earnest disciple of the Bombay school of batting, where technique and correctness is all and sometimes overbearingly so, Manjrekar was as impressed as he was surprised that such a batsman had come out of Pakistan. How solidly he got behind the rising ball, how well he let the ball go, how unhurried he was and how smartly he constructed his little innings; Manjrekar thought him to be the most proper batsman to emerge from this land for many years."

I am a UA fan too.

All I am saying is that you can't completely disregard all minnow games and you agree to this now which is good.

You posted 5 ODI examples thats why I assumed top 5.

Last edited:
Not sure what this means. The evidence has been provided right here. The exact claim quoted, and the exact evidence provided.

You haven't even read the links and made a judgment?

I have.

Technically you proved yourself right ( in terms of argument, like NH does)

The examples were flawed though IMO.

I am a UA fan too.

All I am saying is that you can't completely disregard all minnow games and you agree to this now which is good.

You posted 5 ODI examples thats why I assumed top 5.

Yes I know you are but you should read exactly what I wrote in that thread before carrying this point for the last few weeks.

Back