The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread

In South Africa 0-2 in 2010, in Sri Lanka 0-1 in 2012, in England 1-2 in 2010 , in Australia 0-3 in 2009.

He is better than Butt as captain though.

You might want to check the result of those series again, we held SA to a nil-nil draw and he wasn't captain in any of the other losses.

He is a better captain than any Pakistani, barring Imran and possibly even Inzi.

Rubbish captain imo

Did you watch the first day of this match? Obviously the captain can't do anything when his team gets destroyed. He is human afterall and is understandably still reeling from that nightmare.

Rubbish comment.

Yet these same posters said that Misbah had zero contribution in the UAE where Azhar and Younis batted England out of the last test.

You've hit the hammer on the nail.

Misbah had as much to do with us winning in the UAE as he had in this Test where the lead is 400+ on day 2.

Now whether you think the credit goes to Misbah, its your pick.

Misbah had as much to do with us winning in the UAE as he had in this Test where the lead is 400+ on day 2.

So lets assume that Misbah gave us 3-0 victory versus England in tests.

And lets assume that he is responsible for this lead today ....

You would kick him out and say rubbish because he is responsible for one or two innings against the best side in the world in tests at the moment, and that too in their own backyard?

If you say yes, you must be the most biased poster on this forum, for saying he is rubbish cause of half a test : )

So lets assume that Misbah gave us 3-0 victory versus England in tests.

And lets assume that he is responsible for this lead today ....

You would kick him out and say rubbish because he is responsible for one or two innings against the best side in the world in tests at the moment, and that too in their own backyard?

If you say yes, you must be the most biased poster on this forum, for saying he is rubbish cause of half a test : )

No I'm just keeping Misbah fanboys honest. If you give him credit for tossing the ball to Ajmal in the UAE then surely he does deserve some criticism when Pak fails horribly abroad.

Don't turn this one on me. It is you guys who need to start giving Misbah credit for the success that his players have if you won't stop bashing him for their failures.

Why did you not bump this thread yesterday when Misbah's captaincy was wonderful?

Not going to blame Misbah although his own batting has been poor but no one really showed any fight . Asad Shafiq should be moved up to number 3 , Azhar Ali`s temperament is not suited for 3 at all . I would rather see someone score at a nice pace , keeping things steady and save wickets to create pressure on the other team . The likes of Taufeeq , Azhar and even Misbah , Younis to an extent never look like they are in command . They always look under pressure even after scoring a 100 .

Blame Goes To Misbah Again....

No matter what other batsman's are doing , The Blame for this game goes to Misbah :misbah_old :

* 44 runs in 138 balls ?? and strike rate of under 31.88 ?
* Why no Sixes and hard Hitting & Would have won Match on Day 3 ?
* Partnership with Asad Safiq of 101 runs, 45.1 overs & Played 3rd Session Safely ! Who cares ??

Our Blame is Still on Misbah :misbah_old

PS : Actually This is the Mind Set of Pakistani Fans & Some of Cricket Analysts

Last edited:
lol your right, because of this innings from Misbah (and the way he FORCED Asad to bat) any chance of us chasing this target down has all but evaporated :88:

He should have know the new ball will be due tomorrow, so he should have played a T20 style innings full of 4s and 6s and won us the game tonight!

Last edited:
Why is so much negativity administered to Misbah-ul-Haq?

Honestly, he is the best thing to have happened to Pakistani cricket in the last half a decade. He's not a temperamental head at all, and is a more than decent batsman in all formats.

Why does every Pakistani fan hate him?

Not to mention that the younger guys like Asad Shafiq and Umar Akmal score a lot of runs when he is helping them out from the other end. Without him they just throw their wickets away.

As a captain, he whitewashed the Poms 3-0 and batted really well in NZ in 2011 I recall...

I guess it's a case of Pakistani fans not realizing his true worth until he retires.

Because he's a easy target and, users become warriors behind keyboards when they post online.

He's an absolute gun player but people have ideas of 'aggressiveness' that they can't seem to let go of.

I've been a big fan for ages. Hands down our best player and a top captain.

Why its becuase of him that pakistan are still in the game and they're trying to play out the overs
Doesn't any one remember faf du plessis and de villiers innings to save the test againts australia
Really why do pakistanis hate misbah

Of course Misbah should be blamed. Poor attitude to say the least. Had he batted aggressively the match would be over today and SA would have won. Instead we need to come back tomorrow. Not good Misbah.

No matter what other batsman's are doing , The Blame for this game goes to Misbah :misbah_old :

* 44 runs in 138 balls ?? and strike rate of under 31.88 ?
* Why no Sixes and hard Hitting & Would have won Match on Day 3 ?
* Partnership with Asad Safiq of 101 runs, 45.1 overs & Played 3rd Session Safely ! Who cares ??

Our Blame is Still on Misbah :misbah_old

idk are u praising him or criticizing him... kindly sharpen the sarcasm if the prior and the knowledge of the game if the latter... :iqasim

Because some of our supporters and looneys lol

If Misbah was any other Nationality, everyone would talk about how solid and wonderful he is

Theyd actually take a 6(2) as opposed to 50(100)

Re: Why is so much negativity administered to Misbah-ul-Haq?

Cos people don't understand cricket. ... :)

But in reality its cos of Mohali....

Every Pakistani fan doesn't hate him. In tests I'd say at least 80% are in favour of him. In ODIs however it's around 30%.

Will be missed when he retires in tests, no doubt.

Why its becuase of him that pakistan are still in the game and they're trying to play out the overs
Doesn't any one remember faf du plessis and de villiers innings to save the test againts australia
Really why do pakistanis hate misbah

eh sarcasm maybe? :yk

He's just generally a disliked cricketer in Pakistan. When people flock for Afridi, it tells you everything about the IQ of the average Pakistan fan. Similar problems in politics.

Im finding it difficult to tell if you are being sarcastic or serious. The afridi avatar is adding to the confusion.

Misbah along with asad shafiq played some very good cricket today. The S/R was not so important in the current circumstances.

Well played :misbah_old

A strike rate of 31 in a test match.. what was he thinking.. :facepalm:

Should have learned from our very own Lala.. play more than a run a ball in any situation.. :afridi

34270357.jpg

I also want to add, it has been a top call on his behalf to actually play in this series. It could have been really easy to pull the plug before the start of it and walking away, but he stuck to the job and it's paying off.

Good on him.

I also want to add, it has been a top call on his behalf to actually play in this series. It could have been really easy to pull the plug before the start of it and walking away, but he stuck to the job and it's paying off.

Good on him.

He was never thinking of quitting.

After this thread most of the haters will suddenly turn into the fans. That is also pak cricket fans for you.

If a players scores big he is Viv, the same player fails next innings he is Chris Martin (soory chris).

Because he is not Shahid Afridi.

He arrived to snatch the throne from King Afridi, whose birthright it is to be supreme leader of the Pakistan team in all formats.

Funny thing is, Misbah generally supports Afridi.

Its becuase every body failed around him during the 2011 semi final and he was the only one who made runs during the match and every body is else is angry that pak didn't get all out for 180
pakistani logic = misbahs fault

Most of the posters here have grown up seeing Afridis and Nazirs smashing bowlers in ODIs

For those of us who have seen Mohsin Khan, Zaheer and Saeed play on black and white TVs in the days of yore when it was mostly Test cricket, they would appreciate the grittiness and application required for Test cricket.

Granted Misbah is one ugly looking batsman and sometimes too boring even for Test cricket fanatics but you take what works for your team.

Don't like him in ODIs though which should be all about young blood

Last edited:
i can only speak for myself. I think he has been fantastic.
taking in to account that he is almost 39 and blunting out this attack - that takes some doing.
mentally very strong.
the folks that slate him generally dont understand cricket well enough...

Most of the fans don't under stand test cricket... Since most of us has never played test cricket, we don't understand the complications of it. The other reason is as a nation we are emotional, we like flashiness, we don't like the process of hard work, but rather wants immediate results, where as test cricket like life requires completely opposite traits (patients, perseverance, focus on little things and having discipline)...

One of the reason test cricket is not popular in Asia is we don't have those traits as a society, the other is illiteracy (ironically, test cricket requires a higher intellect to enjoy and appreciate). Test Cricket is like Art, to enjoy the depth of art you have to understand it... Artist complain of being misunderstood partly the intellect around them does not understand them they are always appreciated afterwards.

The technical reason is we cannot play seam/swing bowling very well. So have little success outside home that's why fans take the easy route of ODIs and T20... In those formats any body can win, that's why we tend to enjoy that more... We can win in those formats in foreign countries...

Its becuase every body failed around him during the 2011 semi final and he was the only one who made runs during the match and every body is else is angry that pak didn't get all out for 180
pakistani logic = misbahs fault

Not Pakistani logic.. thats just what immature and childish fans of Lala think.. because obviously it is impossible for Lala to ever lose a match unless Misbah hands it to the opposition..

Most of the posters here have grown up seeing Afridis and Nazirs smashing bowlers in ODIs

For those of us who have seen Mohsin Khan, Zaheer and Saeed play on black and white TVs in the days of yore when it was mostly Test cricket, they would appreciate the grittiness and application required for Test cricket.

Granted Misbah is one ugly looking batsman and sometimes too boring even for Test cricket fanatics but you take what works for your team.

Hardly happened.

Honestly, he is the best thing to have happened to Pakistani cricket in the last half a decade. He's not a temperamental head at all, and is a more than decent batsman in all formats.

Why does every Pakistani fan hate him?

Not to mention that the younger guys like Asad Shafiq and Umar Akmal score a lot of runs when he is helping them out from the other end. Without him they just throw their wickets away.

As a captain, he whitewashed the Poms 3-0 and batted really well in NZ in 2011 I recall...

I guess it's a case of Pakistani fans not realizing his true worth until he retires.

You are correct, he is the best thing to have happened to us in the last half decade. If you look at this test match for instance in the current ongoing 2nd innings you would have expected us to fold by now. He is undefeated as a test captain, (we lost the series in srilanka were hafeez was captain, we collapsed shows his worth once more when he was not playing). And offcourse the real test is always away from our so called home in the UAE but over the last two years our team has been free from any controversies and there has been stability in general which is an acheivement in itself, and all this credit should go to misbah who has lead by example on the feild and off it to for over 2 years.

Having said that, he should never be selected for ODI's or t20 cricket. And this is our selectors fault. And in regards to all the hate towards misbah, its mainly due to the fact that they are still extremely bitter over the loss's to india in the 07 t20 world cup semi final and the 2011 world cup. There are also over critical of his approach to batting, its acceptable to be over critical of this in ODI's but to be over critical of his approach to test cricket is just shocking.

Last edited:
Having said that, he should never be selected for ODI's or t20 cricket. And this is our selectors fault. And in regards to all the hate towards misbah, its mainly due to the fact that they are still extremely bitter over the loss's to india in the 07 t20 world cup semi final and the 2011 world cup. There are also over critical of his approach to batting, its acceptable to be over critical of this in ODI's but to be over critical of his approach to test cricket is just shocking.

All said and done, that was just one T20 game, and one ODI game. Fans should just let go.

He has won a series overseas in NZ with a broken team, then beat Eng 3-0 and his batting has been very good too.

By the way, didn't Pakistan beat India in an ODI and T20 series recently under Misbah? There you go.

Ok anybody i mean anybody who blames misbah today is a fool and is full of hate. He really steered the ship in a match in africa against the most destructive attack in the world. played a captain knock and helped us save some pride.

Not to mention the way he trolled the saffers. kepler and steyn and smith wanted to bash his head in. :))) :))) ..... All credit to misbah and shafiq for salvaging some of the pride.

poor sarcasm and same kind of humor, which atleast 100 other posters have done on this forum

come up with something new guys

Pointless thread...Not a sane person can criticize Misbah in Test Cricket...He is just perfect for us in Tests..

Re: Why is so much negativity administered to Misbah-ul-Haq?

@marshland

I don't think you understand Pakistan cricket.

Let me help you.

First think of sensible to do when it comes to Pakistan cricket. .. using ur logic and sense.

Then think of the complete opposite.

Expect the opposite to happen 9 times or of 10.

One of our best captains. Not surprising that the majority of our best captains have been educated.

The hate for Misbah I am sure is because of................. Mohali 2011

Let him tuk tuk all he likes here, this is where he belongs.

Blame Goes To Misbah Again....

There's no point hanging around if you aren't going anywhere.

Misbah always turns in a monumental tuk tuk performance when the game is all but gone. This won't avoid a defeat

He has spread his disease to Azhar and Shafiq too.

Tuk tuk is fine in this format and these circumstances but please move on from ODI Cricket.

In tests i am misbah,s fan and was rooting for him that he would do good in africa.... Whoever hates him in test is a fool however in ODI he is very slow but to be honest sometimes seeing our pathetic collapses i sometimes back him for ODI.

Misbah always turns in a monumental tuk tuk performance when the game is all but gone. This won't avoid a defeat

Exactly Just because of mind-set you had i created this threads :13:

Another reason is that cricket is followed by common people here..And those general, common fans, do not watch tests at all..People only follow limited over cricket eagerly...And in limited over cricket Misbah is not an ideal operator....... though for Pakistan's brittle batting he was needed in ODIs too...Only diehard test cricket supporters,experts and old fans know his importance...

He is decent in ODIs also, he provides much needed stability in middle overs. Some people will realize his worth when he's gone. He is Pakistan's pride and unfortunately some Pakistanis fail to see it.

One benefit to having Zaka is that if it was any other chairman, he would've evicted Misbah out as captain post Mohali. Thankfully, he is sensible.

Excellent batting by Misbah and Shafiq. This test may be gone but we can surely put up an effort for the next two matches.

Our fans have grown up on a diet of odi and t20 cricket, the general pakistani public also doesn't have much patience and this is reflected in their attitude in cricket

Bizarely They'd rather have someone like afridi batting hoicking a couple of boundaries and getting out rather than someone grafting three hours to steady the ship

He should be removed from the odi team , pointless cricketer.

But I tell you what that he is a class in test cricket, one of the best to happen to Pakistan in test cricket recently.

He should be removed from the odi team , pointless cricketer.

But I tell you what that he is a class in test cricket, one of the best to happen to Pakistan in test cricket recently.

You are kidding right...

Amazing innings today. Always been a fan of him in test cricket.

The negativity for Misbah comes through his performances in ODI cricket. But really if we think about it test cricket is the real deal.. Misbah does well there so he should be looked at positively.

Nobody hates misbah in test, the one that hate him is in shorter format, that is perfectly justified.

Doesn't deserve to be in odi side

Bizarely They'd rather have someone like afridi batting hoicking a couple of boundaries and getting out rather than someone grafting three hours to steady the ship

I agree. i have heard some people saying that misbah should be forced to retire from tests and afridi should be made test captain bcz he is honest and aggressive as a captain. ab yaar banda is chez ka kya jawab day. when i gave them a couple of stats they started saying misbah is a fixer... ab iska banda kya jawab day.... overall bad mentality... i believe this is all the grudge they have harboured of the mohali incident.

Nobody hates misbah in test, the one that hate him is in shorter format, that is perfectly justified.

You know seeing those moron collapses i sometimes think about the ODI. When the team collapses i am actually kinds glad about his tuk tuks. King of chasing low totals in ODI. large totals however are still a mystery and thats where his negative fame comes in.

Back