The recipe for disaster, Pakistan's current T20 batting lineup is just too pedestrian for an explosive format

Any team that doesn't have atleast one anchor in T20I just isn't very smart. Because they are deluding themselves into thinking that they will smash 200+ everytime. Teams with hitters up and down the order can go from 220-6 in one match to 90 all out in the next.

Oh and England have an anchor in Malan. West Indies have an anchor in Shai Hope. Even in Windies most successful World Cup campaigns where they had hitters up and down, they also had guys like Marlon Samuels and Lendl Simmons at the top.
Brother anchors and Babar azam/Rizwan are 2 seprate breeds.

People like Williamson, Malan, Kohli have a 5th gear. Kohli smashed 26 of 6 against Pakistan leading India ti near impossible victory.

Malan has shown to be able to sr at 200+ at times when on song.

Babar and rizwan don't have a 5th gear or even a 4th, just look at how they were playing today. Even at their peak 2021 they were taking the game uptill the 19th.

Again look at the stats of those bowlers that sa and wi featured and then look at how Babar does against kuldeep, hasaranga, Bracewell etc etc

Any team that doesn't have atleast one anchor in T20I just isn't very smart. Because they are deluding themselves into thinking that they will smash 200+ everytime. Teams with hitters up and down the order can go from 220-6 in one match to 90 all out in the next.

Oh and England have an anchor in Malan. West Indies have an anchor in Shai Hope. Even in Windies most successful World Cup campaigns where they had hitters up and down, they also had guys like Marlon Samuels and Lendl Simmons at the top.
You honestly recon these kinds of teams care about failing every other game and getting out for 90 lol. They are not Pakistan. They don’t want to remain mediocre with fear or overthinking.

Malan and Shai hope are not exactly anchors either. Malan is a free flow player like Conway

And with Will Jacks emerging, Malan will also push back or maybe not make the XI.

You honestly recon these kinds of teams care about failing every other game and getting out for 90 lol. They are not Pakistan. They don’t want to remain mediocre with fear or overthinking.

Malan and Shai hope are not exactly anchors either. Malan is a free flow player like Conway

And with Will Jacks emerging, Malan will also push back or maybe not make the XI.
The anchors that he mentioned besides Smith who doesn't warrant a place and will be dropped for head and Warner and Ibrahim zardran or other Fodder teams he's mentioned, although Afghanistan is ironically > us, we Ultra Fodder,

The anchorers like Kohli, malan all have a 5th gear and can turn it around casually if they want To. They won't suffer 20 of 20 in every game.

Rizwan needs to be dropped for the remaining 2 matches, we need usman at number 3. I doubt it will happen though.
Hoggers first, requirements for the team are secondary.

They all need to be lined up, one by one, every single bare bum in the shower ; and then that old uncle saying ‘inah na tuwah na maas kapoh’ this is what the batting line up deserves

What are the strike rates of Malan, Conway and Shai Hope?

Brother anchors and Babar azam/Rizwan are 2 seprate breeds.

People like Williamson, Malan, Kohli have a 5th gear. Kohli smashed 26 of 6 against Pakistan leading India ti near impossible victory.

Malan has shown to be able to sr at 200+ at times when on song.

Babar and rizwan don't have a 5th gear or even a 4th, just look at how they were playing today. Even at their peak 2021 they were taking the game uptill the 19th.

Again look at the stats of those bowlers that sa and wi featured and then look at how Babar does against kuldeep, hasaranga, Bracewell etc etc
What are their strike rates?

You keep blabbering on about these players having 6th 7th 8th gear, have you actually bothered to check any of their strike rates? What are you basing this on? Some game you saw where they managed to play a blinder?

Kane Williamson has a T20I SR of 123.
David Malan has a T20I SR of 132.
Devon Conway has a T20I SR of 129.

The only player who is in a league of his own is Kohli.

The anchors that he mentioned besides Smith who doesn't warrant a place and will be dropped for head and Warner and Ibrahim zardran or other Fodder teams he's mentioned, although Afghanistan is ironically > us, we Ultra Fodder,

The anchorers like Kohli, malan all have a 5th gear and can turn it around casually if they want To. They won't suffer 20 of 20 in every game.
I correctly pointed out how every international team has atleast one anchor and all of them except Kohli and maybe Malan, pale in comparison to Babar and Rizwan. But whatever bro, keep being the president of your anti-Babar fanclub or whatever. Its not like anyone cares or anything you say actually matters.

Flukes never occur again and again. In 2021 Bab-Riz were really explosive but since then they have been average.
May be you & I were watching two different world cups, or your definition of "explosive" varies from mine. I didn’t know striking at mighty 125 ish is now getting hailed as explosive batting!
You learn something new everyday here when it comes to justify the regin of terror which is the RizBar farce. May the con artists continue to con us.

I correctly pointed out how every international team has atleast one anchor and all of them except Kohli and maybe Malan, pale in comparison to Babar and Rizwan. But whatever bro, keep being the president of your anti-Babar fanclub or whatever. Its not like anyone cares or anything you say actually matters.
Well nothing you say matters either 😂. I'm the president and the king .

Koi faida nahi, koi farq nahi parta.

The arrogance of these delusional accumulators will cost the country another ICC tournament. These selfish runs wont help the team cause against quality opposition.

Unfortunately Pakistan hasn't learnt and this XI is now embarrassing.

No justification for playing at 120 SR whatsoever.

But but but, we have the best bowling lineup in the world that can defend any total in any conditions, anywhere blah blah.

You need explosive openers. Babar should bat at 3.

You need explosive openers. Babar should bat at 3.
I gave him that chance out of cricketing mutual respect

But the guy’s selfishness makes me think he shouldn’t even play at 3 now. He’s destroying Pakistan cricket every single day with his selfish demeanour

I'm glad you finally admitted that you're essentially a troll.
Brother, how do you expect me to respond, I've been having civil conversations with you but look at your responses and look at mine? Look how aggressive you are in nature?

Secondly theirs no trolling, you're whole narrative gor exposed on today's game 😭😭

Brother, how do you expect me to respond, I've been having civil conversations with you but look at your responses and look at mine? Look how aggressive you are in nature?

Secondly theirs no trolling, you're whole narrative gor exposed on today's game 😭😭
Only someone who is deluded or started watching cricket yesterday would say something like that after one meaningless match against a third string NZ side. But then again you are the self-proclaimed president of the anti-Babar club and go out of your way doing mental gymnastics to tell everyone how awful Babar is. So I dunno. Hard to have a civil conversation with trolls with agendas.

For the record, I have actually been very critical of Babar and Rizwan's lack of acceleration. Especially their opening combination. But if anyone thinks that we have two better options than them right now going into the World Cup, they are out of their depth.

I don’t get these guys bro.

When you talk basic cricket with them, they get their nickers in a twist and start labelling us as a cult, club, high 5 gang and what not. When we are proven right again and again, they will complain to the mods because we tend to agree with each other’s cricketing thoughts. Not that we have made it our goal in life to agree with each other, it’s just how we view cricket and have a similar like and dislike in this.

Only someone who is deluded or started watching cricket yesterday would say something like that after one meaningless match against a third string NZ side. But then again you are the self-proclaimed president of the anti-Babar club and go out of your way doing mental gymnastics to tell everyone how awful Babar is. So I dunno. Hard to have a civil conversation with trolls with agendas.

For the record, I have actually been very critical of Babar and Rizwan's lack of acceleration. Especially their opening combination. But if anyone thinks that we have two better options than them right now going into the World Cup, they are out of their depth.
Bro, you called me the president😂😂.

When you talk basic cricket with them, they get their nickers in a twist and start labelling us as a cult, club, high 5 gang and what not. When we are proven right again and again, they will complain to the mods because we tend to agree with each other’s cricketing thoughts. Not that we have made it our goal in life to agree with each other, it’s just how we view cricket and have a similar like and dislike in this.
I do disagree with you on alot of things. Our azam Khan topics and our fan 11 couldn't be any more different.

It's just I have no reason to get into a heated argument with you.

It's just with everyone else, if you're civil they'll attack, when you attack back they just can't handle it and start crying 24/7 and claim we are bullying.

It's rich coming from guys who make entire threads just to target one person aka the indian threads or the misbah vs inzimam thread which was really just a war between 2 people. Or attempt to gang up with their own clique.

Regardless its fine, I don't mind stuff on the Internet.

For the record, I have actually been very critical of Babar and Rizwan's lack of acceleration. Especially their opening combination. But if anyone thinks that we have two better options than them right now going into the World Cup, they are out of their dedepth.
Maybe would could have tried saim and fakhar this series with usman coming 3 down but no rizwan and babar don't want to give anyone an opportunity incase they lose their spot

How selfish

It is mind-boggling you guys are in the minority :) I understand social media fans don't analyze things. But dedicated cricket forum members are supposed to be a little more nuanced than an average social media fanboy. On flat high-scoring wickets not taking the wickets of these 2 may even be considered as a strategy.

It is mind-boggling you guys are in the minority :) I understand social media fans don't analyze things. But dedicated cricket forum members are supposed to be a little more nuanced than an average social media fanboy. On flat high-scoring wickets not taking the wickets of these 2 may even be considered as a strategy.

Ye sthe strategy worked well for India in 2021. Guess they purposely tried to keep them on wicket hoping that they don't make 152

I know this won't be a popular opinion on this forum, but just having bashers in your team won't mean you will win every game or tournaments.

However having players who have aggressive approach with sensibility such as Mitch Marsh, Aidan Markram, Q.De Kock etc.

The problem Pakistan don't produce players like that, so you have to make do with what you got & the best Pakistan has is Babar & Rizwan. They aren't perfect, in any way whatsoever, however they are the best Pakistan has.

I also don't agree, Usman Khan is the answer to the middle order, lack of domestic cricket as well as just being comfortable against spin. What Pakistan needs is 2020/21 version of Mohammad Hafeez who changed his game considerably in T20.
Exactly right.

Pakistan just hasn’t produced modern explosive batsmen. We don’t have Travis Head, Klaasen, SKY, waiting in the sidelines.

I don’t think Babar and Rizwan are the T20 batsmen in the world. I even said that Rizwan’s SR is too low for an opener and I’m not even sure his spot is justified in the T20 - I would probably rather have Haris play in his spot. But at the same time, I’ve seen this same routine for many years now. Our best players are always somehow magically on the bench and then when they come play international cricket we find out that they’re not even as good as Babar or Rizwan.

I love Usman Khan’s story. I am hoping he provides a big innings in the next couple matches and cements his spot. But at the same time, he is filled with technical deficiencies and not just in terms of scoring runs but even looking at his batting against New Zealand’s “C” team (I can’t keep track anymore, sometimes on this forum people call it their C team, sometimes D team, then Z team, and then I’m told they’re just club level cricketers) but he struggles to score any runs at all. While in the PSL, he looked like he was Vivian Richards and a lot of his technical deficiencies become more apparent. But just a few weeks ago, Usman Khan was being stated to replace Rizwan in every single format immediately.

It’s time to just accept that the state of Pakistani batting is not to the same standards of modern T20. I have hope that Saim can live up to the role of being a good T20 opener, but other than that, most of the upcoming batsmen do not seem like an improvement to Babar or Rizwan at all.

At the end of the day, if you want to cement your spot in a team and replace other players, you have to play innings that prove yourself in international cricket.

Looks like your wish will be granted. Hearing that Rizwan will be out of the series due to a hamstring issue.
I can already see the agenda that’s gonna be created. If we somehow easily win the next 2 matches the same way we won in the first match, even if it’s because of brilliant bowling or brilliant batting from Babar, people are going to try to claim it’s because Rizwan isn’t there :ROFLMAO:

At the end of the day, if you want to cement your spot in a team and replace other players, you have to play innings that prove yourself in international cricket.

Exactly. Rizwan and Babar aren't holding anyone's hand. If there's no one that can grab their chance then why should they be dropped

Exactly. Rizwan and Babar aren't holding anyone's hand. If there's no one that can grab their chance then why should they be dropped
In Usman Khan’s case it’s still very early and I am hoping for his success, but if the 2 wicket keeper replacements put forth for Rizwan are Azam Khan and Usman Khan who have thus far looked really bad against international bowling, then I would take Rizwan over them any day of the week.

We're a rubbish batting team and a mediocre team overall, we just need to dial down our expectations.

The reality sinking in. Even if we drop Rizwan and Babar we are not going to improve. Imo I think we will regress further

More than players it's the mentality. When Babar plays for Peshawar he continues to strike high. But when he plays for Pakistan he gets cautious.

When the team sees a good pitch. They settle for 180. Which is not safe anymore. When you are at the crease and the ball is coming to bat nicely. You just have to go all guns blazing. That also means of course risking more wickets. But for more runs.

One of the reasons of course this happens is because players are insecure about their position in the team. More so now under Mohsin Naqvi than ever before. Even you see a new block like Usman trying to take his time and focusing on getting personal runs.

More than players it's the mentality. When Babar plays for Peshawar he continues to strike high. But when he plays for Pakistan he gets cautious.

When the team sees a good pitch. They settle for 180. Which is not safe anymore. When you are at the crease and the ball is coming to bat nicely. You just have to go all guns blazing. That also means of course risking more wickets. But for more runs.

One of the reasons of course this happens is because players are insecure about their position in the team. More so now under Mohsin Naqvi than ever before. Even you see a new block like Usman trying to take his time and focusing on getting personal runs.
Yep Babar doesn't play the same way for Pakistan.

Not this close to the WC. That window has closed for now
It’s always going to be the case. Keep making the excuses. Pakistan will start playing T20 again after the CT and it might be close to another World Cup, and you will come up with the same excuse for these frauds again.

My solution for Pakistan

Open with Haris and Saim, for 3rd position use either Babar or rizwan, Fakhar at 4, Shadab at 5, Ifti at 6 or before depending upon the overs left.

The reality sinking in. Even if we drop Rizwan and Babar we are not going to improve. Imo I think we will regress further
Major said something like this in a comment I read in 2015-2016. Except he talked about misbah

Then 2017 happened and he went all psl superstars excuse mode.

History really repeats itself

My solution for Pakistan

Open with Haris and Saim, for 3rd position use either Babar or rizwan, Fakhar at 4, Shadab at 5, Ifti at 6 or before depending upon the overs left.
Your thinking too much mate

Why not keep it simple? Open with Fakhar and Sharjeel?

As ready as Babar or Rizwan to botch the powerplay and then continue the nahusat in the middle overs

What’s there to lose?
Babar and rizwan need to go obviously, their thorns. I was just asking from an opening perspective.

Babar and rizwan need to go obviously, their thorns. I was just asking from an opening perspective.
Well, it’s not going to happen. I know. Just telling these guys how they have always been looking in the wrong direction, either purposely or just ignorance I suppose

Well, it’s not going to happen. I know. Just telling these guys how they have always been looking in the wrong direction, either purposely or just ignorance I suppose
The thing is, their not genuine fans like they claim.

A genuine fan like my dad, or my friends who don't give a kahoot or aren't even aware of cricket politics were making identical claims of

1) Excellent batting by saim but ahh lad you threw it away.

2) What are these 2 blokes babar and rizwan doing? You're boring us to death mate.

3) shadab you beauty you recovered the game, good job.

4) What is up with our bowlers? Are they trying to lose the game?

5) Bloody butterfingers mate, horrible horrible fielding from naseem.

6) Oh man, this lad Chapman really be built different, he's igniting the pindi crowd, it's eccentric.

Meanwhile these guys who claim their genuine fans are saying things like

1) Bro we lost cause of fielding.

2) Babar, Rizwan and naseem are in a high caliber, this is all Usman Khan's fault.

3) Bro if we don't play babar and rizwan, we will deteriorate?

4) Oh look at you guys being happy on Pakistan being defeated, Sharam karo.

They'll look fir excuse after excuse but won't blame babar and rizwan.

Ik how casual fans think, irl fans don't analyse or care that deeply, these types of fans that infoind in local bars are the most non biased true genuine cricket fans out their. Their the sample size that one should look at and call themselves a proper unbiased fan.

And yes I'm excluding myself from that sample but I don't think I'm 100% unbiased like these people are.

The thing is, their not genuine fans like they claim.

A genuine fan like my dad, or my friends who don't give a kahoot or aren't even aware of cricket politics were making identical claims of

1) Excellent batting by saim but ahh lad you threw it away.

2) What are these 2 blokes babar and rizwan doing? You're boring us to death mate.

3) shadab you beauty you recovered the game, good job.

4) What is up with our bowlers? Are they trying to lose the game?

5) Bloody butterfingers mate, horrible horrible fielding from naseem.

6) Oh man, this lad Chapman really be built different, he's igniting the pindi crowd, it's eccentric.

Meanwhile these guys who claim their genuine fans are saying things like

1) Bro we lost cause of fielding.

2) Babar, Rizwan and naseem are in a high caliber, this is all Usman Khan's fault.

3) Bro if we don't play babar and rizwan, we will deteriorate?

4) Oh look at you guys being happy on Pakistan being defeated, Sharam karo.

They'll look fir excuse after excuse but won't blame babar and rizwan.

Ik how casual fans think, irl fans don't analyse or care that deeply, these types of fans that infoind in local bars are the most non biased true genuine cricket fans out their. Their the sample size that one should look at and call themselves a proper unbiased fan.

And yes I'm excluding myself from that sample but I don't think I'm 100% unbiased like these people are.
Oh and because you want the COURTESY of being pinged @daytrader Here you go, I got a juicy info for you to read.

Happy now? I'm giving you the attention you crave.

Exactly right.

Pakistan just hasn’t produced modern explosive batsmen. We don’t have Travis Head, Klaasen, SKY, waiting in the sidelines.

I don’t think Babar and Rizwan are the T20 batsmen in the world. I even said that Rizwan’s SR is too low for an opener and I’m not even sure his spot is justified in the T20 - I would probably rather have Haris play in his spot. But at the same time, I’ve seen this same routine for many years now. Our best players are always somehow magically on the bench and then when they come play international cricket we find out that they’re not even as good as Babar or Rizwan.

I love Usman Khan’s story. I am hoping he provides a big innings in the next couple matches and cements his spot. But at the same time, he is filled with technical deficiencies and not just in terms of scoring runs but even looking at his batting against New Zealand’s “C” team (I can’t keep track anymore, sometimes on this forum people call it their C team, sometimes D team, then Z team, and then I’m told they’re just club level cricketers) but he struggles to score any runs at all. While in the PSL, he looked like he was Vivian Richards and a lot of his technical deficiencies become more apparent. But just a few weeks ago, Usman Khan was being stated to replace Rizwan in every single format immediately.

It’s time to just accept that the state of Pakistani batting is not to the same standards of modern T20. I have hope that Saim can live up to the role of being a good T20 opener, but other than that, most of the upcoming batsmen do not seem like an improvement to Babar or Rizwan at all.
you remind me of this joke i heard years back i wont mention any religion or ethnicity

this guy kept going to his god and praying "oh god please help me win the lottery" "oh god please help me win the lottery"
the guy went to his god numerous time but his god didn't help him when the lottery. so this guy thought i'll give it another try, he went to his worship place and again "oh god please help me win the lottery" "oh god please help me win the lottery"
finally the god spoke up " son for me to help you win the lottery you need to play the lottery"

you keep going on about how you believe rizwan and babar isn't the right man but not willing to give anyone a chance either.

series like this newzealand C/D or when playing teams like nepal is when you give these young ones a chance and find that travis head, klassen, SKY etc... but instead babar and rizwan wants to play those series to bash teams like nepal to score 151 to inflate averages

you remind me of this joke i heard years back i wont mention any religion or ethnicity

this guy kept going to his god and praying "oh god please help me win the lottery" "oh god please help me win the lottery"
the guy went to his god numerous time but his god didn't help him when the lottery. so this guy thought i'll give it another try, he went to his worship place and again "oh god please help me win the lottery" "oh god please help me win the lottery"
finally the god spoke up " son for me to help you win the lottery you need to play the lottery"

you keep going on about how you believe rizwan and babar isn't the right man but not willing to give anyone a chance either.

series like this newzealand C/D or when playing teams like nepal is when you give these young ones a chance and find that travis head, klassen, SKY etc... but instead babar and rizwan wants to play those series to bash teams like nepal to score 151 to inflate averages
I’m not sure why you think I would disagree. Our rotation policy is horrible and one of the big reasons why our primary 3 fast bowlers all got injured around the same time.

I’m just not as impressed with the replacements that are available as you are. We argued over Azam Khan’s selection one time on this forum, and you rate him, but to me he looks absolutely horrible against international bowling. Although like I said before, he probably would have gotten another chance in this series if it wasn’t for injury and I would have been okay with him getting to play this series. When you get opportunities, you have to really make use of them and Azam Khan has played 8 T20Is and not just not scored runs but also not looked good at all batting.

The other alternative to Rizwan is Usman Khan who also is not just not scoring runs, but also looks pretty bad against international bowlers. In PSL, he looks like Vivian Richards, in international cricket so far he looks so shaky at the crease. Despite this, I still think Usman Khan should have the opportunity to play every match in this series.

This series alone has already proved Bracewell worth as him being the 2nd spinner after satner and solidified Chapman place as well as the fact Chapman from now on will get called to ipl and leagues from now on.

Tim Robinson is undercooked but he's getting massive experience. I don't think he's a generational talent like rachin, but he'll defo one day in odi be considered as the 3rd backup opener instead of will young. He's improving day by day.

Nz dis this last year as well with Mitchell being a find and temprary replacement for Williamson at no 3, Matt Henry proving his worth as a solid replacement for Boult and southee while they revover, Chapman was discovered last year actually.

NZ always finds 1 or 2 players to incorporate into mainstring and give them an A or B status.

Pakistan hasn't developed a single player post sarfi era.

All these fakhar, Imam, Babar, Imad, Rizwan, Shaheen, Shadab. Their all from sarfi era.

we only brought in new bowlers in Naseem, Abass afridi etc etc, otherwise when it comes to batsmen, promising talent like omair, Saud shakeel, abdullah shafiq, Tayyab Tahir, Haris, are all being wasted.

Saim ayub is the only one so far been given a proper push.

Also, the harsh reality it is that we don’t have a Travis Head like player waiting to be selected.

Those kinds of players don’t just magically appear, they mold and prove themselves in domestic cricket. Travis Head has 161 FC matches, 138 List A matches, and 116 T20s. He was grinding away in incredibly competitive Australian domestic cricket tournaments. Klaasen has 85 FC matches, 125 List A matches, 186 T20s played.

I’m not sure why you think I would disagree. Our rotation policy is horrible and one of the big reasons why our primary 3 fast bowlers all got injured around the same time.

I’m just not as impressed with the replacements that are available as you are. We argued over Azam Khan’s selection one time on this forum, and you rate him, but to me he looks absolutely horrible against international bowling. Although like I said before, he probably would have gotten another chance in this series if it wasn’t for injury and I would have been okay with him getting to play this series. When you get opportunities, you have to really make use of them and Azam Khan has played 8 T20Is and not just not scored runs but also not looked good at all batting.

The other alternative to Rizwan is Usman Khan who also is not just not scoring runs, but also looks pretty bad against international bowlers. In PSL, he looks like Vivian Richards, in international cricket so far he looks so shaky at the crease. Despite this, I still think Usman Khan should have the opportunity to play every match in this series.
The only issue with rizwan is that he's a keeper and his fans knowing full well he's terrible hide behind the keeping clause, because their just aren't enough keepers that logically replace him in keeping.

Usman khan is hilarious behind the stumps and azam Khan isn't a keeper, he's a wall lol.

But Pakistan needs to move on from this delusion of Dhoni, Sangakara esc keepers, Historically Pakistani keepers have been poor batsmen and play primarily as specialist keepers who can tonk a bit and review well. Moin Khan and sarfraz both being no 7. Kamran akmal was an exception but even he as a batsmen was a once in a blue moon tale.

No one would have an issue with rizwan if he sucked it up and historically played the part of being a no 7 or no 8 for Pakistan where he doesn't really do much other then tonk. As a keeper he's gun and if he played as a specialist keeper at 8 I'd be fine with it.

This obsession of turning him into some superstar t20 opening batsmen and goat odi middle order needs to end. It was bad enough with KA, but atleast KA was gun when he performed once in a blue moon.

This series alone has already proved Bracewell worth as him being the 2nd spinner after satner and solidified Chapman place as well as the fact Chapman from now on will get called to ipl and leagues from now on.

Tim Robinson is undercooked but he's getting massive experience. I don't think he's a generational talent like rachin, but he'll defo one day in odi be considered as the 3rd backup opener instead of will young. He's improving day by day.

Nz dis this last year as well with Mitchell being a find and temprary replacement for Williamson at no 3, Matt Henry proving his worth as a solid replacement for Boult and southee while they revover, Chapman was discovered last year actually.

NZ always finds 1 or 2 players to incorporate into mainstring and give them an A or B status.

Pakistan hasn't developed a single player post sarfi era.

All these fakhar, Imam, Babar, Imad, Rizwan, Shaheen, Shadab. Their all from sarfi era.

we only brought in new bowlers in Naseem, Abass afridi etc etc, otherwise when it comes to batsmen, promising talent like omair, Saud shakeel, abdullah shafiq, Tayyab Tahir, Haris, are all being wasted.

Saim ayub is the only one so far been given a proper push.
Bracewell was in their last T20 WC squad. He’s played 106 FC matches and 129 List A matches. He wasn’t just randomly given an opportunity after decent tournament in domestic T20.

The only issue with rizwan is that he's a keeper and his fans knowing full well he's terrible hide behind the keeping clause, because their just aren't enough keepers that logically replace him in keeping.

Usman khan is hilarious behind the stumps and azam Khan isn't a keeper, he's a wall lol.

But Pakistan needs to move on from this delusion of Dhoni, Sangakara esc keepers, Historically Pakistani keepers have been poor batsmen and play primarily as specialist keepers who can tonk a bit and review well. Moin Khan and sarfraz both being no 7. Kamran akmal was an exception but even he as a batsmen was a once in a blue moon tale.

No one would have an issue with rizwan if he sucked it up and historically played the part of being a no 7 or no 8 for Pakistan where he doesn't really do much other then tonk. As a keeper he's gun and if he played as a specialist keeper at 8 I'd be fine with it.

This obsession of turning him into some superstar t20 opening batsmen and goat odi middle order needs to end. It was bad enough with KA, but atleast KA was gun when he performed once in a blue moon.
I don’t want Rizwan opening in T20s either. His SR as an opener is too low.

Like I’ve said before, I’d much rather have Haris opening with Saim and Babar at 3. Haris could even be the wicket keeper if it ends up being that we drop Rizwan from the squad all together.

But if the alternative is Azam Khan who can’t even pass 10 runs in international cricket, then I’d gladly keep Rizwan.

Ye sthe strategy worked well for India in 2021. Guess they purposely tried to keep them on wicket hoping that they don't make 152
I know you come back with this. That was not a high scoring match does it? We saw that in 50 over game

Typical Babar and Rizwan fan boy excuses:

“We dOnT hAvE tRaViS hEaD lIkE pLaYeRs WaItInG oN tHe BeNcH” 🤡

Same old rubbish from years on to defend these two frauds. Repetitive rubbish that has been normalised. How many times will you keep on recycling the same rubbish?

Same old rubbish from years on to defend these two frauds. Repetitive rubbish that has been normalised. How many times will you keep on recycling the same rubbish?
You’re an Azam Khan fanboy and want Nawaz to opening the batting. :rizwan

How hard is it to strike at 120 in the powerplay?

I’m sure Nawaz Sharif can manage that

Did I actually say I want Nawaz to open the batting ya liar???
Multiple times:
Honestly

I recon pakistan should open with Fakhar and Nawaz
It’s just a matter of finding ways to better utilise your good cricketers. Imam is a waste of space opener now, it’s clear to see he won’t offer much now as an opener the way the world has advanced in white ball cricket, and Imam just isn’t moving with the times. Why not look at Nawaz to fill that position as an attacking opening option, and Imad can hold the end and balance at 6 or 7? If Imad isn’t having a great day with the ball, you can still call upon Nawaz to bowl his quota of overs just in case.
Not Shadab but Nawaz actually isn’t a bad shout
Incoming meltdown in 3… 2…

Multiple times:

Incoming meltdown in 3… 2…
Well, I’ve always actually wanted Fakhar and Sharjeel. I know I can’t get the latter. I’m giving honest opinions on what can work with the team’s selection dynamics.

Nawaz is a good player of pace and a left hander. What’s wrong with the opinion?

Well, I’ve always actually wanted Fakhar and Sharjeel. I know I can’t get the latter. I’m giving honest opinions on what can work with the team’s selection dynamics.

Nawaz is a good player of pace and a left hander. What’s wrong with the opinion?
You denied it and call me a laid but now you’re defending the opinion :rizwan

Babar and Rizwan both have been poor with their strike rates in the opening six overs, making it a cause of huge worry for the team.

PlayerSR in powerplay (T20I)Dot ball percentage in powerplaysOverall SR (T20I)Batting Average
Babar Azam117.642.6%129.0141.20
Muhammad Rizwan115.745.1%127.4249.96

Babar and Rizwan both have been poor with their strike rates in the opening six overs, making it a cause of huge worry for the team.

PlayerSR in powerplay (T20I)Dot ball percentage in powerplaysOverall SR (T20I)Batting Average
Babar Azam117.642.6%129.0141.20
Muhammad Rizwan115.745.1%127.4249.96
I don't think they have it in them to play faster than 130. Statistically, once they've played around 40-50 balls, this should be higher but damage is already done by then.

Sharjeel Khan
Fakhar Zaman
Mohammad Haris
Mohammad Nawaz
Azam Khan
Asif Ali
Shadab Khan
Imad Wasim
Shaheen Afridi
Mohammad Amir
Naseem Shah

@Rana

My solution for Pakistan

This is what I also believe. But we know any of Babar and Rizwan cannot be benched.

Also with Shadab at 5. Pakistan can play someone like Jamal or another hitter in the XI

Admitting we don't have TH like players just means you're admitting we're beyond medicore lol because of Babar and rizwan.

These cult members need to learn how to defend their claims lol

Sharjeel Khan
Fakhar Zaman
Mohammad Haris
Mohammad Nawaz
Azam Khan
Asif Ali
Shadab Khan
Imad Wasim
Shaheen Afridi
Mohammad Amir
Naseem Shah

@Rana
Looks way better than the direction Babar has been taking Pakistan towards…under the influence of Rizwan…who is Misbah’s plant from SNGPL or whatever that farm is called which @Major promotes a lot here

I already said Babar should bat at #3 and we should pair another explosive opener like Haris with Saim. Rizwan’s SR is too low to open in T20. I’m also cool with using Nawaz as a floater in the batsmen role.

Last edited by a moderator:
Admitting we don't have TH like players just means you're admitting we're beyond medicore lol because of Babar and rizwan.

Bro do you think any of us don’t think our batting is mediocre in T20? We all know it’s mediocre and their SR as openers in mediocre.

The only issue, at least that I bring up, is usually the replacements some of these guys want is even worse.

And also I’ve been consistent about wanting a Haris/Saim opening pair. We even had a long discussion about Haris not being selected.

Bro do you think any of us don’t think our batting is mediocre in T20? We all know it’s mediocre and their SR as openers in mediocre.

The only issue, at least that I bring up, is usually the replacements some of these guys want is even worse.

And also I’ve been consistent about wanting a Haris/Saim opening pair. We even had a long discussion about Haris not being selected.
I'm not referring to you. I went out of the way to exclude you from the cult. Overtime I've started understanding your viewpoints and anytime we talk progress is always made and I'm not stuck at zero. Progress from your end and my end.

Relax, I don't mind you liking the cult members posts either. I'm not that petty that I'm gonna get mad at someone for that.

I already know your opinions trust.

@Rana also I’m even a fan of Asif Ali which I’ve noticed you are too, I’m not sure what the issue or disagreement is. Yet on every post I make you follow me into the thread and make up things I’ve never said.

They are more than happy for us to remain at Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka level

The other day, a guy here justified it’s ok to have anchors in your top 3 because Bangladesh have Shanto and Sri Lanka have Nissanka

Like, wth?

I'm not referring to you. I went out of the way to exclude you from the cult. Overtime I've started understanding your viewpoints and anytime we talk progress is always made and I'm not stuck at zero. Progress from your end and my end.

Relax, I don't mind you liking the cult members posts either. I'm not that petty that I'm gonna get mad at someone for that.

I already know your opinions trust.
I think this is also PakEngFan’s opinion. The issue is that the discussion always becomes very contentious and sometimes we all talk past each other.

And also me and him also just don’t rate Azam Khan which a lot of people seem to take issue with. Other than that I can’t speak for his other opinions aside from me and him being on the same side about Rizwan being a good Test WK batsmen.

They are more than happy for us to remain at Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka level

The other day, a guy here justified it’s ok to have anchors in your top 3 because Bangladesh have Shanto and Sri Lanka have Nissanka

Like, wth?
The irony is that currently Pakistan actually does rank alongside these teams.

Ill paste my t20 rankings after the cup concludes based of the performances, but based of last world cup in 2023 the odi rankings are

1) India (Strongest team)
2) New Zealand (Custom chokes against Australia as usual though, also they got unlucky with injuries and having to go back to sodhi)
3) South africa (2nd strongest if their batting first)
4) Australia (Winners but lucky winners on some occasions with toss and conditions and match cards going their way, solid performances though)
5) Afghanistan (Sucked at the beginning but once they had their strive they ironically rank here easily)
6) England (Humilating defeats and shocking defeats to nedtherlands even, but i don't think they'd lose 2x tbf, but pretty weak in general)
7) Pakistan (No question)
8) Sri Lanka
9) Nedtherlands
10) Bamgaldesh (They did get upsets to afg early on, but that was before they found strides)

We're only stronger then Sri lanka slightly amd objectively > Nedtherlands and Bangladesh last World cup.

I reckon this world cup we'll fall even further below the pecking order.

The irony is that currently Pakistan actually does rank alongside these teams.

Ill paste my t20 rankings after the cup concludes based of the performances, but based of last world cup in 2023 the odi rankings are

1) India (Strongest team)
2) New Zealand (Custom chokes against Australia as usual though, also they got unlucky with injuries and having to go back to sodhi)
3) South africa (2nd strongest if their batting first)
4) Australia (Winners but lucky winners on some occasions with toss and conditions and match cards going their way, solid performances though)
5) Afghanistan (Sucked at the beginning but once they had their strive they ironically rank here easily)
6) England (Humilating defeats and shocking defeats to nedtherlands even, but i don't think they'd lose 2x tbf, but pretty weak in general)
7) Pakistan (No question)
8) Sri Lanka
9) Nedtherlands
10) Bamgaldesh (They did get upsets to afg early on, but that was before they found strides)

We're only stronger then Sri lanka slightly amd objectively > Nedtherlands and Bangladesh last World cup.

I reckon this world cup we'll fall even further below the pecking order.
In terms of ODI rankings, I don’t disagree but you also have to take the conditions into account. I don’t think Afghanistan is better than England or Pakistan aside from in Asia due to their great spinners and our lack of any spin option. Hopefully Abrar can be a spinner for us across formats.

The T20 format is different. Our bowlers carry us quite a bit, but if Shaheen and Naseem are not in form then obviously we will fall down the pecking order.

Back