The Wrestling Discussion Thread

shaz619

ODI Star
Runs
Post of the Week
[MENTION=858]Amir[/MENTION] [MENTION=53290]Markhor[/MENTION] [MENTION=136193]Adil_94[/MENTION] [MENTION=130309]King_Rizzy[/MENTION] [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] [MENTION=2016]Rana[/MENTION] [MENTION=115388]I Believe in the Teesra[/MENTION] [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] [MENTION=134867]Kiri[/MENTION] and the rest of the guys from the old WWE thread:

This is the new thread for all discussions relevant to PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING.

The old WWE thread is going to be BURIED soon by our favourite Authority member [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] GOLDEN SHOVEL due to insane amounts of nonsensical posts by our favourite Jobber [MENTION=139393]Geralt of Rivia[/MENTION] aka Eugene who actually happens to be a HHH Mark :yk

The real reason is due to the shear size of our thread causing database issues so it will be deleted soon. #EndofAnEra #LargerThenLife #TooBigForPP #OneMoreMatch #TheThreadTooBigForWrestlemania

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] thank you for announcing the new reality era. The PP revolution :HHH :Steph

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'll start of the discussion, who is the greatest professional wrestler who ever lived? Try to be objective please

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] thank you for announcing the new reality era. The PP revolution :HHH :Steph

:yk2 :MrShovel, Believe it or not I think the WWE thread was the most posted on PP, The Attitude Era comes to an end :)) [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] am I right? if that thread wasn't the most posted it must have been in the top 5 at least

It can be difficult to define the greatest pro-wrestler who ever lived because there are so many factors we need to take into account but for me look no further then Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels and The Rock. Their A/R ability just cannot be matched.

The greatest professional wrestler for me as an in ring performer charisma crowd reaction and legacy is the naitch 16 Time WOOOO limousine riding wheelin dealin kiss stealing son of a gun. Austin deserves an honourable mention but his time at the top while on of the best ever was short. Hogan in terms of mainstream.popularity probably is number one but his in ring work isnt upto the level of Naitch.

The greatest professional wrestler for me as an in ring performer charisma crowd reaction and legacy is the naitch 16 Time WOOOO limousine riding wheelin dealin kiss stealing son of a gun. Austin deserves an honourable mention but his time at the top while on of the best ever was short. Hogan in terms of mainstream.popularity probably is number one but his in ring work isnt upto the level of Naitch.

The more you think about it and the older you get; you can't really argue against the Nature Boy being the Greatest Wrestler who ever lived. He was THE man at his peak for a long period and the epitome of a world champion, Flair wrestled every where and was a big draw. His Charmisa and A/R ability defined how good he was and influenced a generation of future wrestlers; his passion was unbelievable, he is very deserving of the moniker "The Wrestling Canvas". Hogan may have taken wrestling to the main-stream but never forget Ric Flair's contribution in helping shape the industry.

What I dislike most about people who critique Austin is that they never truly give him credit for how good he was in the ring, this is the guy who carried Kurt Angle in the early 2000's! Austin had to tone his style after injury and wrestle like a brawler to get his gimmick over because that's what AE era fans wanted to see but he was signed by Vince in the first place because of his technical ability; give his matches against Shawn in the mid 90's on RAW and King of The Ring PPV a look, his work as the ring master and stint in WCW as stunning steve.

The more you think about it and the older you get; you can't really argue against the Nature Boy being the Greatest Wrestler who ever lived. He was THE man at his peak for a long period and the epitome of a world champion, Flair wrestled every where and was a big draw. His Charmisa and A/R ability defined how good he was and influenced a generation of future wrestlers; his passion was unbelievable, he is very deserving of the moniker "The Wrestling Canvas". Hogan may have taken wrestling to the main-stream but never forget Ric Flair's contribution in helping shape the industry.

What I dislike most about people who critique Austin is that they never truly give him credit for how good he was in the ring, this is the guy who carried Kurt Angle in the early 2000's! Austin had to tone his style after injury and wrestle like a brawler to get his gimmick over because that's what AE era fans wanted to see but he was signed by Vince in the first place because of his technical ability; give his matches against Shawn in the mid 90's on RAW and King of The Ring PPV a look, his work as the ring master and stint in WCW as stunning steve.
Yeah Austin was a superb technician but his neck injury plus the era he was in made his in ring style more basic. Plus it fitted his gimmick being a tough hard as nails brawler Him putting on wrestling clinics as the Stone Cold character would have been odd.

only Viva La Raza

Eddie was one of the most influential luchadors in history and he deserves credit for popularizing Lucha in the US; he was then starting to have the best run of his career creatively during the early 2000's before passing away unfortunately. I remember when Eddie won the WWE championship, the following episode on smackdown he'd come through the audience! Only Eddie could do that, he had a unique relationship with his fans and we loved him so much. The Lie, Cheat, Steal gimmick as a heel or face was so over and you got the feeling Eddie was really starting to reach a level which he truly found satisfying, before he passed away creative had plans for him to wrestle Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 22; I have no doubt it would have made a great case for Match of the Century. It's so sad we missed out on one of the ultimate dream matches.

Yeah Austin was a superb technician but his neck injury plus the era he was in made his in ring style more basic. Plus it fitted his gimmick being a tough hard as nails brawler Him putting on wrestling clinics as the Stone Cold character would have been odd.

His technical ability and understanding of in-ring psychology still made him extremely fun to watch, the match he had against The Rock at Wrestlemania 17 was incredible give it a look on the network. The Work Rate was amazing, not seen a high profile match being wrestled at that pace for a long period.

[MENTION=858]Amir[/MENTION] [MENTION=53290]Markhor[/MENTION] [MENTION=136193]Adil_94[/MENTION] [MENTION=130309]King_Rizzy[/MENTION] [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] [MENTION=2016]Rana[/MENTION] [MENTION=115388]I Believe in the Teesra[/MENTION] [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] [MENTION=134867]Kiri[/MENTION] and the rest of the guys from the old WWE thread:

This is the new thread for all discussions relevant to PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING.

The old WWE thread is going to be BURIED soon by our favourite Authority member [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] GOLDEN SHOVEL due to insane amounts of nonsensical posts by our favourite Jobber [MENTION=139393]Geralt of Rivia[/MENTION] aka Eugene who actually happens to be a HHH Mark :yk

The real reason is due to the shear size of our thread causing database issues so it will be deleted soon. #EndofAnEra #LargerThenLife #TooBigForPP #OneMoreMatch #TheThreadTooBigForWrestlemania

Thank God you didn't read what [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] tagged you in :)))

Anyways the Divas Revolution is here so now we have to create a new thread for it.
[MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] was that thread the most number of pages in PakPassion ? If so can you change the title of this thread so that people know the legend of this thread topic :)

Hogan's the greatest and its not even close. The impact he had on wrestling, the wrestlemanias he has main evented, forming the NWO and his world wide popularity just put him in a different league all together. People could have X,Y,Z favorites but Hogan's Hogan.

Performance wise - Shawn Michaels hands down.

Here Comes the Pain is amazing. I still have it. I also used to play Smackdown2 Know your role on PS1. It was a good game too. Had like a lot of characters unlocked.

New Games doesn't seem to impress more audience because of dumb storylines and career mode. Even the multiplayer suck. WWE Should make similar online gaming as of FIFA. Imagine an online world where you can go to the top by doing well. Like in real world. You come up with awesome promo and stuff

I'm too bothered about online but there are doing such a rubbish job with the career mode. All we get these days is some matches and you have to do certain objectives during the match to progress. There are no storylines, no cutscenes. Just some historical matches with some objectives. Do you remember back in HTCP days when you could walk backstage and interact with other wrestlers during the career mode? That was epic. I wish they bring that back. HTCP and Shut your Mouth had the best career mode imo.

I really enjoyed the career mode in HTCP and Know your role. Damn those were great compared to the current. Also I remember SVR had some pretty decent career modes :13:

Yeah those Road to Wrestlemania modes were also good. Better than the current ones.

Guys - Some simple rules to follow

NO mention of any external sites, no personal stuff etc

2k16 is to have all the ever ever ever Superstars ever ever there were in the WWE. I don't know if it will be true but that is what they have been telling us. Also for the first time someone out of WWE will be in the roster, and thats the Terminator. Too bad 2k16 will only be available for PS and XB. But I reckon 2k16 will be the improved version of 2k15. I've also read there is a surprise storyline that will make us WOW. Well I don't know what Vince means by WOW :))

Well they have Austin on the cover so I bet the storyline would be Austin's career or something.

For me greatest ever comes in:

Excellent face

Excellent heel

Excellent performer

The three things which I have seen in a Superstar have got to be Shawn Micheals, Ric Flair, Undertaker, Edge, Stone Cold, Rock.
It is really hard to choose so I will narrow it down to 3 people - Ric Flair, HBK and Undertaker.
Now, as amazing as all three are/were,

Ric Flair was the legend of 80s, legend of 90s and the man of 2K. He was the complete package. I must admit that I have missed half of Ric's career. I didn't watch WCW during the Monday Night Wars so I didn't know what was going there most of the time. There were a couple of shows and PPV I watched but I cannot say I got the complete experience.

HBK had a very emotional career with respect to fans. I have never seen someone like him connect to fans the way he did. It was almost like he was part of your family, that you grew up with him and you have known him for quiet a while. It was a privilege to see him grow into this business and rise to the Top, shine and then hang up his boots. I was literally in tears during his HOF speech, during his last match and during his farewell speech. Damn!
Though I never liked him and probably never rooted for him unless he was in DX or Klick lol!

Undertaker for me is someone who we will never ever see in the squared circle ever again. There won't be another Taker, never ever. He is the guy who made me fall in love with Wrestling, the business and WWE. I can't imagine a WWE without The Deadman. The things he did, the fear he strike in everyone's heart and the ruthless show of aggression and commitment n passion for the business. I'm still in shocked that for a match in Monday Night Raw when he was brutally injured with a couple of Broken Ribs and I mean broken, cracked, sore, swelling Ribs. And what does he do, he duct tapes a flack Jacket around his rib cage and goes out there and perform. Not only Taker was the WWE in 90s for me but he was the Teacher of every single Wrestler there was till 2011. He used to hold class sessions backstage where the likes of HBK, Kurt Angle, HHH, Big Show, Kane, Stone Cold, Rock, Jericho, Edge, Eddy were all present. Taker was the man to beat after Ric Flair. Having a match with him was something considered as a MEGA Push to ones career.
And the thing that just want to pick him to be the best ever lived is he did all that with only one gimmick, The Undertaker.

If you create categories we could debate for hours who the greatest is; it's subjective but there are obviously certain names that are considered elites and you can't have that GOAT conversation without the likes of Undertaker, Sting (Criminally underated, he was to WCW what Hogan was to WWF, super over during his prime and had he made the jump to WWF his popularity would have matched the likes of Savage and Warrior maybe even Hogan but he remained loyal to WCW) HBK, Hogan, Rock, Austin etc

Honestly though I am yet to here an argument against Ric Flair, it wasn't just about him being a legend of the 80s or 90s; his influence and contribution in shaping the industry was just as important as Hogan and when you take into account his A/R ability there is no one quiet like him. Go listen to his speech at the HOF, if you stick around long enough for it to begin because the standing ovation he received was so emotional; it would make any genuine fan cry because you could feel Flair's passion for professional wrestling and all those blood, sweat and tears he left in the ring; not that the next man doesn't but Ric epitomized the business. If the industry had a heart and soul it was Ric Flair :bow:

Muhammed Ali is to boxing what Flair is to professional wrestling.

Get some tissue before you see this video:

Goosebumps:

Ric Flair is not arguably the greatest, he is P4P the GOAT and it's not even close. This is coming from a big HBK and Hogan mark.

probably the best tribute video I have seen so far. But as I said, I never got to live Ric Flair as you and others did.

You don't need to have been alive during his run, study his career. If I go by your logic then I'd have to say HBK, Rock, Austin or Taker but if you dig deeper there is no one greater then the nature boy and that's no disrespect to the names I mentioned. Just listen to your baby girl HHH and how he views Flair.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] remember this

2 LEGIT ATG of WWE of all time

I wonder how emotional Ric will be at Undertaker's last SD or RAW

I remember that, epic moments; am going to drown in a flood of tears when Taker retires. I predicted that his streak was going to end so in the moment it wasn't a shock but like a few weeks later it sinked in and it was so painful and heartbreaking; that was truly the end of an era imo.

Flair had the most gruelling schedule during his peak and it was 10x more intense then what the guys have to deal with today and Ric was super over all over the states he popularized wrestling like never before his time. He used to wrestle hour-long matches every single day and twice on Sundays. In contrast, the usual WWE wrestling match today runs about 15 minutes long with a monthly pay-per-view match going maybe 30 minutes if it’s the main-event. Flair would wrestle an hour each night in a different city, then twice on Sunday. That’s eight hours of wrestling in a week, every single week no break. That's what you called THE MAN and a legit World Champion,

Flair-sells-for-Hogan-gifs-001.gif

ric-flair-woo-gif.gif

Flair and Taker are bigger than Hogan if you look at the business from the inside. But it is the WWE universe that runs the business and no one has impacted them more than Hogan. I heard somewhere in this thread regarding Hogan's limited appeal lol are you kidding me, everyone loved him.

WWE wasn't always no.1, during the territory era NWA was the biggest pro wrestling company in the world and Flair was the most over world champion who helped shape the industry and is just as important as Hogan when it comes to influence if not more. Such was his star power that Vince had him go over the entire roster to win the wwf title during his short tenure and then he main eveted mania against savage because Hogan was indimidated by how over Flair was and because his popularity was starting to decline in the words of the WWF, so they had to find a baby face that would be worthy of a match against Flair and it was Savage. Ric is the true all round GOAT for the heights he took the business during territory era, superior in-ring/mic skills, charisma/drawing ability and Hogan is credited for helping take vinces vision to the main stream with the american hero gimmick which had not been done to death at that time.

Bahhhh gawwwd I can't believe it!! Our thread is dead. So many memories. From Teesra's burial to Eugene's antics..the heights of that thread will never be reached again. Here's to 10000 more posts in this thread though! :bow:
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Mannnn, your homie misses you. Laptop ain't fixed yet so barely come online these days. Will probably be more active after this week! Scene on hai! Have loads to discuss! :moyo

HBK is the GOAT in my eyes. Won't begrudge anyone who says Flair or Sting. And no, Hogan doesn't come close to Flair in terms of impact on the business. If it wasn't for Hogan, the sport probably wouldn't have reached new heights. However, if it wasn't for Flair, the business would've been long dead.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] I'm going to the NXT Takeover special in Wembley in December. It's going to be a live event so can't wait.

I'm looking forward to getting this chant out in particular....

Bahhhh gawwwd I can't believe it!! Our thread is dead. So many memories. From Teesra's burial to Eugene's antics..the heights of that thread will never be reached again. Here's to 10000 more posts in this thread though! :bow:
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Mannnn, your homie misses you. Laptop ain't fixed yet so barely come online these days. Will probably be more active after this week! Scene on hai! Have loads to discuss! :moyo

HBK is the GOAT in my eyes. Won't begrudge anyone who says Flair or Sting. And no, Hogan doesn't come close to Flair in terms of impact on the business. If it wasn't for Hogan, the sport probably wouldn't have reached new heights. However, if it wasn't for Flair, the business would've been long dead.

In the words of Bobby the Brain Heenan "@#GreenRoars threw our thread over the top rope like yesterdays news" :))) With a tear in my eye! it was the greatest thread on PP! It was also the most posted (that was our world championship lol) now we've had to vacate it and unify the titles in this new era moving forward. I had like 4,000 posts in that thread LOL so many epic moments.

Come here baby girl

wEwwtxR.gif

Missed you to lmao, hope all is good; where you been all this time? were you about to sign a contract with TNA before realising you were drunk on space mountain.

HBK is my all time favourite and for a long time I've viewed him as the GOAT with Flair being a close second if not on par but when you take into account expert opinions of those who witnessed Flair's run, reasearch the career of Flair and what guys like HBK himself have to say about Ric and all the guys who speak so highly of him saying flair influences them etc it's just hard to argue against his claim as the greatest of all time and that's coming from the biggest HBK mark there is; everyone has certain favourites but Shawn will always be my number 1. You couldn't have put it any better "if it wasn't for Flair, the business would've been long dead" it's only fitting someone like you with such so much knowledge and understanding of the business will support me when it comes to Flair's influence given how you probably followed wrestlers from those era's even more then me, everyone tends to see Hogan as the root but Ric kept wrestling alive during the territory days and took it to a level which had not been reached at that point by the likes of Bruno and Rogers.

Also [MENTION=137238]Anchorman[/MENTION] layeth the smackdown on all these Jobbers who keep forgetting to include one of the most obvious contenders in the GOAT conversations:

THE MACHO MAN Randy Savage

In terms of Popularity and Intensity he was Hogan and Ultimate Warrior combined in one but with more charisma and better mic and in-ring skills

Last edited:
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] I'm going to the NXT Takeover special in Wembley in December. It's going to be a live event so can't wait.

I'm looking forward to getting this chant out in particular....

Has it been sold out yet? how much you got your tickets for.

Cena is not going to be on that show and NXT fans actually try to enjoy the product then give Juan Chena any attention plus it's better not to react to him at all if you're not fond of his gimmick.

It will be a special show though, am jealous of you; I have too many Jobber friends they only go to RAW shows.

...which is why i said Flair's probably over Hogan when you look at the business from the inside. Not only Flair then, but a number of other folks have contributed more. Though when you look at it from the outside, Hogan's the biggest name there's been. He's a hated guy remember and yet wrestlers cannot simply disregard him for what he's achieved. He's just truly gifted in the sense he does things horribly wrong and puts nowhere near as much hard work as others do and yet gets all the accolades. Frankly, i don't like him either. My favorites is Shawn Michaels. Hogan is Hogan though.

Not quiet sure about what is meant by from the inside or outside, if you speak of main-stream appeal yeah Hogan is one of the first names you talk about and then there's The Rock now. Fact is no one disregards Hogans contribution in taking the business to new heights and he was a great baby face and heel but when we look at the GOAT of all GOAT's there is no argument which can be made against Ric Flair, it's not even a contest he just blows everyone away as an A/R performer never mind his influence or the legacy he left behind.

The Ring Brand of the Wrestling Canvas, the Maestro of the Mat. That's What they called Flair; no other professional wrestler could be described with words which define the industry itself.

Another load of posts deleted - Same two posters

Sting is scheduled to appear tomorrow night. Expecting a promo or an all out brawl

so47s7.gif

I want to see that Sting LMAO. Most likely will be a promo but the night will end with a brawl and Sting won't show up again until the PPV.

Which World Championship is the most Prestigious in the history of pro-wrestling guys?

I'd have to go with the NWA world title. For a long time it was more of a national title than Vince McMahon's world title (and at one point even took direct precedent over it when WWWF was part of the NWA). And when it transitioned to the WCW belt it was pretty much the main counterpoint for the duration of it's run and then again WWE acknowledged it's value and incorporated it into it's main title twice (sort of the WHC was clearly meant to be the WCW belt) and at some points was used as the primary belt of the WWE brand. After a couple of decades when WWE inevitably has been the monopoly of pro wrestling, the WWE belt will probably be the more historic belt (the legacy will mean less as WWE controls the story of wrestling). But right now it is still the more valuable belt. No company would have valued the WWE belt the same way the WWE and many other promotions valued that belt.

Outside the usual contenders for the most prestigious world championships in history, a special mention needs to be given to the ROH World Title. It is hard to argue against the importance and value of the ROH World Championship. ROH is nothing more than an indy wrestling company, but it has benefited from a history of good booking and access to the very best of wrestling’s future stars. Consider the guys who have held this title (by their current names): Daniel Bryan, Austin Aries, CM Punk, Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins, and Kevin Steen. Not every ROH champ has gone on to fame and fortune, but success at the top tier of ROH has become one of the most consistent predictors of success on the bigger stages of WWE and TNA. While I’ll understand the argument that the TNA strap, for its broader platform, should rate above the ROH one, the difference in my mind is that for every homegrown world champion TNA more or less produced (Bobby Roode, Eric Young etc), there are WWE or WCW imports who got runs with the TNA strap on the downside of their careers (Sting, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle) and seemed to be there more to add value to the title, rather than the title adding value to their legacies. ROH did more to establish its own stars and to stay true to that formula for an extended stretch.

[MENTION=53290]Markhor[/MENTION]

When it comes crashing down, and it hurts inside
Ya' gotta take a stand, it don't help to hide

Hulk-Hogan-Swim-Flex-hulk-hogan-gifs.gif

Last edited:
@<a href="http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/member.php?u=65183" target="_blank">freelance_cricketer</a>

Who can't help themselves sing along to that :))

Watch this video

Look at the fan's reaction to the nation of domination entrance :))) @ :52 seconds that's what happens when you been in someone else's hood for too long @<a href="http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/member.php?u=47617" target="_blank">Red Devil</a>

@<a href="http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/member.php?u=65183" target="_blank">freelance_cricketer</a>

Watch this video

Look at the fan's reaction to the nation of domination entrance :))) @ :52 seconds that's what happens when you been in someone else's hood for too long @<a href="http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/member.php?u=47617" target="_blank">Red Devil</a>
From having gimmicks like the NOD to firing people who made politically incorrect comments years ago.. WWE has come a long way. :))

This man apparently was armed with a knife and approached officers in a deranged manner, an officer of course immediately shot him as you know, American cops...

http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news...re-details-on-the-man-police-shot-at-the-wwe/

Someone has been SHOT at the Performance Centre today !

His name is Armando Alejandro Montalvo (no not Estrada) and apparently he'd been banned from the Centre for strange behaviour including smearing urine and faeces on the walls and stalking a female talent training at the Centre.

This man apparently was armed with a knife and approached officers in a deranged manner, an officer of course immediately shot him as you know, American cops...

Wow, I hope all the talent at the performance centre is safe. I would never expect something like that to happen around the University, you'd think it would be relatively safe. And LOL shooting him was the only way to disarm him. There was also a story that some guy that wrestles for TNA was arrested for assaulting his wife, apparently Charlotte was married to him so there was concern but I think they had separated a while back. Either it's great he was arrested and TNA released him immediately, [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] **in the voice of vince** it's all happening in the WORLD WRESTLING FEDER....errr sports entertainment world

Last edited:

bah gawd it's him! he's back, CM Quit!

Here's to another 30,000 posts:

large.gif

:))

Did you check out RAW; I skipped most of it but watched the beat the clock challenge, Sting Promo and all the stuff involving Seth.

So at NOC, Seth will defend his titles against Sting and Cena; it would also be cool if he somehow got involved with Ryback and a title shot for his IC championship. Then by the end of the night, Seth becomes the holder of the WWE, US and IC championships. It would be a good way to recover from booking him like an upper midcarder, it's okay to be chicken-sh!t heel but to truly cement your status as a main-eventer you're supposed to win matches on your own, not with the help of the authority or Jon Stewart.

Anyway it looks like Seth is going to turn face soon and feud with HHH. Sting losing to Darth Burius at Mania was an absolute joke, had he won this match against Seth would mean more. I can't really see Sting as the champion and at the same time it's like HHH could cost either Seth or Sting in the confines of the storyline because he sought of has a little bit of a beef with both so it'll be interesting to see how things turn out at the PPV. It's possible that sheamus will be the one to tie up all the loose ends with the cash-in.

I get that Sasha and Paige did't beat Charlotte's time but why did the match have to end all of a sudden :facepalm:

Did you watch the SummerSlam and the NXT special? what did you think of them

This new Wyatt is crazy

Bro, he's a good addition to the family. He's a big guy but they should have picked someone that would still have something to do if the family had to breakup, if the family breaks up what more is there to this new big guy? he might just end up lost in the shuffle like Eric Rowan.

I would have picked Baron Corbin to be the new member of the Wyatt family, not sure if you are familiar with him but he's another big guy in NXT but in addition to having an in-ring presence he has more depth as a character so if the family broke up Corbin wouldn't get lost in the shuffle. Look at Luke Harper, when the family broke he survived because he is really good in the ring for a guy his size and Wyatt was able to get by because of his amazing promo skills. Eric Rowan ended up being turned into a comedy act.

Look at the Sheild, each guy has relatively done well since they broke up because each member was talented in their own way, they have been let down by the writers but have gotton by which is a big thing in this day and age when the writers have little patience before turning you into a jobber

Watch this video

NOD was epic man. Never liked Rock more in another gimmick than the NOD heel rock. Nation of Domination, Farookh, Rock, Mark Henry Godfather lol :)))

NOD was epic man. Never liked Rock more in another gimmick than the NOD heel rock. Nation of Domination, Farookh, Rock, Mark Henry Godfather lol :)))

That gimmick was incredible :))) it put him on the map. My personal favourite Rock Character would be the Hollywood Heel gimmick, it was a little bit of throw back to the NOD days but his work I felt was slightly better.

[MENTION=53290]Markhor[/MENTION] FINALLY the elephant in the room that is Sunka is about to get the attention he has deserved for a long time and I hope WWE's hypocrisy is also given the spotlight.

According to TheBigLead.com, via The Allentown Morning Call, WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka has been charged with 3rd degree murder and involuntary manslaughter stemming from the 1983 death of his girlfriend Nancy Argentino.

Snuka, who is now 72, is married and living in New Jersey, and according to the Morning Call, the family of Argentino won a $500,000 wrongful death case against Snuka in 1985, but he claimed he was broke and “couldn’t afford a legal defense.”

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/615...-hall-of-famer-charged-with-3rd-degree-murder

Given how PC they have been lately, about time they let go of Lawler to because he tried to rape a 15 year old and remove him and Snuka from HOF like they've done with Hogan. They should Fire Michael Hayes to.

As of today. 9-1-2015. The Undertakers Wrestlemania streak is now 21-1 :)) it still has a ring to it Paul! use it in our promos again

[MENTION=53290]Markhor[/MENTION] FINALLY the elephant in the room that is Sunka is about to get the attention he has deserved for a long time and I hope WWE's hypocrisy is also given the spotlight.

According to TheBigLead.com, via The Allentown Morning Call, WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka has been charged with 3rd degree murder and involuntary manslaughter stemming from the 1983 death of his girlfriend Nancy Argentino.

Snuka, who is now 72, is married and living in New Jersey, and according to the Morning Call, the family of Argentino won a $500,000 wrongful death case against Snuka in 1985, but he claimed he was broke and “couldn’t afford a legal defense.”

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/615...-hall-of-famer-charged-with-3rd-degree-murder

Given how PC they have been lately, about time they let go of Lawler to because he tried to rape a 15 year old and remove him and Snuka from HOF like they've done with Hogan. They should Fire Michael Hayes to.
Snuka has always changed his story about Argentino and its been super suspicious. Here in an interview he claims she "slipped" and hit her head.

https://youtu.be/Q6BS1J1IIRU

That gimmick was incredible :))) it put him on the map. My personal favourite Rock Character would be the Hollywood Heel gimmick, it was a little bit of throw back to the NOD days but his work I felt was slightly better.

Hollywood Rock had progressed too much on mic lol.

But man , those NOD era gold chains, sun glasses and open shirts :))) Alpha male Rock :viv

To think of it, such a talent Dwayne. You could have given that gimmick to N number of guys and they would have all died a miserable death.

As much as i myself respect Triuple H, it was rather odd seeing Sting praising him so much. Ewwwww! :facepalm:

As much as i myself respect Triuple H, it was rather odd seeing Sting praising him so much. Ewwwww! :facepalm:

Exactly, it should be HHH praising him

Sting is clearly in it for the money now. The guy must be seriously broke and cashing in his last few years of usefulness

I really want a segment where a WWE legend or HOF picks a fued with sting, not him interfering and begging for fueds.

I really want a segment where a WWE legend or HOF picks a fued with sting, not him interfering and begging for fueds.

Would be interesting. May be HBK coming out of retirement to deliver a sweet chin music.

The more I think about it, the more I want Sting to beat Rollins. Rollins has had an okish run but he is a heel. He can win it back through sneaky means. Sting as champ would be awesome.

Also I miss those shock title changes. Feel like title changes now only happen at big events or after 3-4 months for world champs. If Sting wins it, Rollins could win it back next PPV. Generate some interest and make people believe that interestings can happen at the non-core PPVs....and thus would drive up WWE Network sales.

Exactly, it should be HHH praising him

Sting is clearly in it for the money now. The guy must be seriously broke and cashing in his last few years of usefulness

It was certainly Ewwww :)) and we can never put it beyond HHH to be so petty when it comes to hogging the spotlight and getting Wrestling Legends to put him over but for those who watched the entire show there is an explanation behind Sting putting HHH over, Sting repeatedly claimed that Seth is not Half the Man HHH is and that he respects him etc (Yes that was a little excessive) but the reason for him saying those things was to cause friction between Seth and HHH; as steph would later put it "Sting is trying to get in your head with the oldest trick in the book" in the long run Seth will be turning baby face and these were the seeds which have been planted to set up a feud between HHH and Seth.

Also [MENTION=2016]Rana[/MENTION] Sting has a networth of around $10 Million :)) If he was that greedy he'd have come straight to the WWE when WCW folded but he was just too loyal to WCW and also had doubts about how he would be used creatively especially when Booker T was being buried left, right and centre; he became a little insecure despite his star power. After all these years though, had he retired without working a Wrestlemania or being in the WWE it would always eat you up because you have Vince and co who have repeatedly made him offers and given him respect so had he refused to work with the biggest pro-wrestling company in the world it would always have been a big regret. This is just pocket money for him, he is financially secure; if anything the WWE need Sting more then he needs them. And as we have seen from his days in WCW he is not the kind of guy that will take his ball and go home if he has issues with creative, sure he expects his character to be protected but for those who have known steve in wrestling the man is all about Respect. From his perspective his character is being depicted in the correct fashion and he had a brilliant match against HHH at Wrestlemania before such a big crowd, what more could he ask for the sharif simpleton? And for all the dream matches possible, am actually glad that Sting is going to face a rookie talent in Rollins and trust me he wouldn't hesitate to put him over CLEAN if it came to it unlike some.

The problem is that for all Sting's star power it's about time he builds some momentum so his matches mean that much more whether he's facing a legend like taker or in the ring with the new generation of talent. I remember Brock Lesnar being used like this when he returned from the WWE but they've fixed that now, I recall Lesnar losing his first match to Cena and trading wins with HHH :facepalm: it's almost as if it's some kind initiation [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] :)))

The more I think about it, the more I want Sting to beat Rollins. Rollins has had an okish run but he is a heel. He can win it back through sneaky means. Sting as champ would be awesome.

Also I miss those shock title changes. Feel like title changes now only happen at big events or after 3-4 months for world champs. If Sting wins it, Rollins could win it back next PPV. Generate some interest and make people believe that interestings can happen at the non-core PPVs....and thus would drive up WWE Network sales.

Not sure, I think they want Rollins to Break CM Quits record :)))

It's a really interesting match Amir, it's like I don't see Sting working the next PPV and if he does win the belt where does he go from there? Surely Rollins can not lose after all this investment in him and he's coming of a big win at SummerSlam, I doubt they'd put the belt on Sting only to have him drop the title a month later those days are long gone. The guy I see tying up all the lose ends in Sheamus with a cash-in. HHH costs Rollins the match (turning Seth Face in the process), Sting gets his moment with the WWE title before Sheamus Cash-in after HHH has beaten him down. Down the line we get a rematch between HHH and Sting, which Sting is able to win after Seth costs HHH the match.

This is a long shot but I Wouldn't mind Sting holding onto the belt en-route to a feud with the Undertaker

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Seth Rollins goes over CLEAN in his match against Sting.

Hollywood Rock had progressed too much on mic lol.

But man , those NOD era gold chains, sun glasses and open shirts :))) Alpha male Rock :viv

To think of it, such a talent Dwayne. You could have given that gimmick to N number of guys and they would have all died a miserable death.

He bought out the Afro-Carribean Swag :)) Mizz has done a decent job with his version of the hollywood gimmick and he's such a criminally underrated heel but The Rock at that point was just on another level altogether, it was the finest piece of work as a character but for me during the AE era the NOD gimmick was the best :)) even better then the face run as the most electrifying man in sports entertainment

Bro, he's a good addition to the family. He's a big guy but they should have picked someone that would still have something to do if the family had to breakup, if the family breaks up what more is there to this new big guy? he might just end up lost in the shuffle like Eric Rowan.

I would have picked Baron Corbin to be the new member of the Wyatt family, not sure if you are familiar with him but he's another big guy in NXT but in addition to having an in-ring presence he has more depth as a character so if the family broke up Corbin wouldn't get lost in the shuffle. Look at Luke Harper, when the family broke he survived because he is really good in the ring for a guy his size and Wyatt was able to get by because of his amazing promo skills. Eric Rowan ended up being turned into a comedy act.

Look at the Sheild, each guy has relatively done well since they broke up because each member was talented in their own way, they have been let down by the writers but have gotton by which is a big thing in this day and age when the writers have little patience before turning you into a jobber

Yep i know corbin, and this new guy seems fit in to this family. Corbin can start a career in WWE like KO did. He can be a good prospect for the WWE. Just saw this week RAW highlights, so now Rollins will fight with Cena and Sting. And personally i think Cena will win his title back where as Sting won't. It would be more interesting if they have made it Cena v Sting v Rollins.

He bought out the Afro-Carribean Swag :)) Mizz has done a decent job with his version of the hollywood gimmick and he's such a criminally underrated heel but The Rock at that point was just on another level altogether, it was the finest piece of work as a character but for me during the AE era the NOD gimmick was the best :)) even better then the face run as the most electrifying man in sports entertainment

Never liked Rock as babyface.NOD rock with the gold chains and open shirts, Hollywood Rock sippin mineral water playing guitar, Back from Hollywood to kick Cena's ass with a goatee were when i absolutely cheered for Rock. :kapil :kapil

Tofu is ready? Sorry Hogan, Tofu is ready!: :)))

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lNYDwBQ4XJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This kind of stuff, cant help but stand and apllause :))) ''God, but my name is Billie, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS! :))) That shirt! lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XCo2mOF95UQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gb1l09d6J1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Absolutely loved Rock - Triple H rivalry.

Yep i know corbin, and this new guy seems fit in to this family. Corbin can start a career in WWE like KO did. He can be a good prospect for the WWE. Just saw this week RAW highlights, so now Rollins will fight with Cena and Sting. And personally i think Cena will win his title back where as Sting won't. It would be more interesting if they have made it Cena v Sting v Rollins.

The reason why I'd have liked to see Corbin start out in the family is because his weakness would be hidden, starting his career out like KO will be a little difficult for him because his mic skills are not that good. It would be another Roman Reigns situation where the fans turn on him because the WWE try to shove him down our throats. Within the family he could develop more and I think he'd have made a great fit.

I agree I think Cena will get the title back as well but the match against Sting will be intriguing either way I really look forward to it. If they really want to push Rollins as THE MAN, they should have him beat Cena and Sting in the same night, bit like how Jericho beat Austin and the Rock in the same night.

This kind of stuff, cant help but stand and apllause :))) ''God, but my name is Billie, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS! :))) That shirt! lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XCo2mOF95UQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gb1l09d6J1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Absolutely loved Rock - Triple H rivalry.

:)))

That's The Rock that got me interested into pro-wrestling in the late 90's, he was so over even as a heel amongst the young and adult fanbase; he was so just so friggin Cool; hard not to route for the guy and his insults were just hilarious

The reason why I'd have liked to see Corbin start out in the family is because his weakness would be hidden, starting his career out like KO will be a little difficult for him because his mic skills are not that good. It would be another Roman Reigns situation where the fans turn on him because the WWE try to shove him down our throats. Within the family he could develop more and I think he'd have made a great fit.

I agree I think Cena will get the title back as well but the match against Sting will be intriguing either way I really look forward to it. If they really want to push Rollins as THE MAN, they should have him beat Cena and Sting in the same night, bit like how Jericho beat Austin and the Rock in the same night.

Corbin sucks. Only cool thing is his finisher. But guy can't wrestle much of a match (a match, not a squash). Trust me, I think WWE has figured it out...hence why he lost to Samao Joe (despite being undefeated before that). He is too green for main roster.

Im sorry to say guys but Roman Reigns Black and Blue shirt/logo theme or whatever it is makes him look very childish and gives him that john Cena fruity pebbles look!

What is this guy doing wasting himself like this man??? Hes already proven that he cant say a word on the mic. Even Brock Lesnar has more impact on the mic than he has. His acting skills are pretty poor as well.

I remember this guy was THE BOSS during his initial Shield stint and absolutely stole Survivor Series and Royal Rumble in his first full year. But Since the Shield Split, his character has just been going on a down hill....and that shirt is absolutely killing his swag!

Corbin sucks. Only cool thing is his finisher. But guy can't wrestle much of a match (a match, not a squash). Trust me, I think WWE has figured it out...hence why he lost to Samao Joe (despite being undefeated before that). He is too green for main roster.

It is hard to judge Corbin when he has been booked for this long in squash matches, therefore you can't really improve much in terms of your in-ring ability. However, he had a solid match against Joe and it is what it was; I never expected it to be a 5 star Classic but they did a well enough Job to prevent the match from being a dud; it was actually Corbins best match and it was the first time he had wrestled for more then a few minutes. I do believe he can improve his in-ring ability in the long run but his mic ability is a big issue but I guess with him it's all about presence. Anyway I know he has his weaknesses that's why I say he'd have benefited quiet a bit from being in the Wyatt Family, just think about it this new guy who is huge where do you see him once the Family is broken up again? He'd get lost in the shuffle, there is the same risk if Corbin had been a part of the Family but I believe he has a better capacity for development and being a part of the family would have done wonders for his development and introduction to the main roster

Last edited:
Im sorry to say guys but Roman Reigns Black and Blue shirt/logo theme or whatever it is makes him look very childish and gives him that john Cena fruity pebbles look!

What is this guy doing wasting himself like this man??? Hes already proven that he cant say a word on the mic. Even Brock Lesnar has more impact on the mic than he has. His acting skills are pretty poor as well.

I remember this guy was THE BOSS during his initial Shield stint and absolutely stole Survivor Series and Royal Rumble in his first full year. But Since the Shield Split, his character has just been going on a down hill....and that shirt is absolutely killing his swag!

His gear is actually pretty cool, he was the only one who was allowed to keep the gear which the Sheild wore when they broke up. Roman isn't a genius on the mic but when you have him cut out all the goofyness, limit his mic time, give him no more then a sentence and keep it serious he'd do a pretty decent job and it would only add to his character as a badd-asss similar to the sucess he achieved during a member of the sheild. Anyway, in recent times they have limited his mic time and he is generally serious instead of getting all cosy and that's the way forward with him, the in-ring stuff is bound to improve. I though he did a brilliant Job against Lesnar at wrestlemania, the selling was very good. If he works hard I see no reason why he can't be a good world champion in the future, just needs to get a bit more compatible on the mic and that can happen with time just look at Bryan he wasn't a natural when he first started out.

Jericho was mine very very favorite wrestler honestly. Rollins not much that talented as Jericho was.

:)))

That's The Rock that got me interested into pro-wrestling in the late 90's, he was so over even as a heel amongst the young and adult fanbase; he was so just so friggin Cool; hard not to route for the guy and his insults were just hilarious

Haha, Rock actually knows how to insult other. Especially when he say " It doesn't matter what your name is "

Chris Jericho

Should have been a top draw right now the way Rock and Brock are. Instead, something went wrong along the lines and hes been having boring fueds

Jericho was mine very very favorite wrestler honestly. Rollins not much that talented as Jericho was.

He was a favourite of mine to, Jericho was an ATG talent so a bit unfair comparing Rollins to him at the moment who has immense potential and is probably in the top three best A/R performers in the world today, no.1 for me is Kurt Angle; guy is still active as a full timer :)) crazy SOB needs to tone it down before something bad happens.

Back