Third Test SA V India - Decider

Runs
SA likely to play the same eleven, may perhaps play one spinner.

India will have a few changes.

1. Dinesh Kaarthick likely to play in place of the injured Dhoni.
2. Munaf/Harbhajan to play instead of VRV

It is possible that Sehwag may still play in this test in the MO with either Diresh Kaarthick or Dravid opening with Jaffer.

Pitch has some grass on it so it is most likely result oriented. Unlikely to be batting friendly like when NZ played here.

It will come to a battle of nerves. India did that well at Jo Berg and SA at Durban.

Fingers crossed.

Butcher face spotter said:
SA likely to play the same eleven, may perhaps play one spinner.

India will have a few changes.

1. Dinesh Kaarthick likely to play in place of the injured Dhoni.
2. Munaf/Harbhajan to play instead of VRV

It is possible that Sehwag may still play in this test in the MO with either Diresh Kaarthick or Dravid opening with Jaffer.

Pitch has some grass on it so it is most likely result oriented. Unlikely to be batting friendly like when NZ played here.

It will come to a battle of nerves. India did that well at Jo Berg and SA at Durban.

Fingers crossed.

Both Kallis and Steyn are suppose to make a comeback in to the final 11

India has won the toss and decided to bat first.

This is something funny I read in Cricinfo :--->

We have two bits of confirmed news, regarding India's playing XI. Mahendra Singh Dhoni will not play, having bruised his hands badly in the second Test, and in his place comes Dinesh Karthik, making his first Test appearance since Zimbabwe in September 2005. Munaf Patel, who will replace VRV Singh, is out there spotting a few stitches and a tetanus injection. Yesterday at the net session, Munaf was resting with his left hand on the playing area and was stepped on by Gautam Gambhir. They keep finding new ways, don't they!

The pitch is absolutely flat.

The Newlands starts turning on day 3.

India will win this test if they can score 450 + in their first innings

I think this is a good track for FTB Sehwag to finally get some runs. Although he would probably prefer Lahore, but he should get some runs here.

Indian openers doing well.

Pankaj Roy/ Vinoo Mankad's 400+ opening partnership record for India in trouble.

it was perfect oportunity for Sehwag to bat on this pitch.

shan said:
it was perfect oportunity for Sehwag to bat on this pitch.
I think they didn't open with him because new ball generally tends to swing even on flat wickets and they thought that if the ball deviated 0.1 cm, he had a good chance of getting out!

SuperSport commentators are saying that Sehwag is playing as a spinner in this game :))) :))) :))) If that's true, that surely says how much they respect sehwag now :)))

100 run opening stand up for India...looking good.

Indian on fire here,, both opener has to prove something so they arent gonna give their wickets away,,, pressure would now be on auttie Shewaq and Dhoni------ Indian migh play Karthik instead of shewaq if shewaq doenst perform as one down, when dhoni will be fit.

The pitch is as flat as a pancake. Newlands is turning in to a Faisalabad as it has no assistance for the spinners or pace bowlers. Expect a very high scoring draw.

Now imagine Sehwag batting here. India would have crossed 200 runs in 55 overs.

Rob H said:
The pitch is as flat as a pancake. Newlands is turning in to a Faisalabad as it has no assistance for the spinners or pace bowlers. Expect a very high scoring draw.

well, the pitch is flat, but their is a bit bounce in it, the bounce is even, bowlers have to bend their back to take wickets and have to mix the bowls.. If India makes 700+ runs, the pressure would make the pitch lively for the Sa.

shan said:
Now imagine Sehwag batting here. India would have crossed 200 runs in 55 overs.
Aunttie isst in this kind of work.... Sehwag would have got 30 runs than out in the slips...but Agree if it was Pakistani bowler bowling to him, he might have done that.

Noman said:
well, the pitch is flat, but their is a bit bounce in it, the bounce is even, bowlers have to bend their back to take wickets and have to mix the bowls.. If India makes 700+ runs, the pressure would make the pitch lively for the Sa.

the way they are batting it will take 2.5 days to score 700+ runs. 550 will be good score here.

Noman said:
New Zealand made 600 against them here last year and they scored over 500 in reply. The pitch is as flat as Antigua, Faisalabad, Multan etc.

Rob H said:
New Zealand made 600 against them here last year and they scored over 500 in reply. The pitch is as flat as Antigua, Faisalabad, Multan etc.

tell me one New Zeanland bowler who is a decent bowler!!

And please dont say Bond because he wasnt playing

shan said:
the way they are batting it will take 2.5 days to score 700+ runs. 550 will be good score here.
Shewag and tendulkar has to click here..
Indian need to attack at the second day,, or these opener has to play a but faster, the run rate isnt good enuf, if you look at the pitch..

let see if rauf can get Dravid out this time.. Dravid playing good attacking cricket here.

I think this is good for Pakistan. India are really tiring up Saffies and it doesn't look to be getting better over the next 4 days of the game.

India have better bowler than Sa, for this kind of pitch,,, they have Kumble and Shewag and tendulkar can also do a bit of bowling, If sree and Zaheer can get the wickets with the new bowl, they can win the series..

I think India firstly have to score 700 runs and than have 3 days to bowl sa out twice...

pollock in the attack has made india play defencely which isnt good.

jaffer out for 116 caught at 2nd slip off steyn

India is at least 50 runs behind what they should have got on this pitch. Sehwag was the key here.

At stumps, India 254/3 (90 overs).
Decent effort but should have scored more runs.Zaffer & Kartik played too slowly. Anyways the runs are on board. I expect India to declare around 550 with 1 hour to go before stump and hope for the best.The pitch is a batting beauty and will remain so for the first 3 1/2 days.

forgot to congrats Zaffer...well played Zaf.....continue ur good work in future tours of Eng & Aus.

Romali_rotti said:
Rauf man of the series for SA

Pathetic. The guy is not a cheat but he is simply incompetent

He makes his decisions by the decibal levels of the players appealing

Khalil said:
Pathetic. The guy is not a cheat but he is simply incompetent

He makes his decisions by the decibal levels of the players appealing

Gave Sachin not out to a good decision a few overs ago. Looked plumb at first glance but replays show it was just outside the line of off stump.

Why you got against Rauf? Did he steal your girl friend or something?

Darrell fatty Cullinan and Jackassman were saying India didn't have too good of a day, but Ian Ward and Hougton thought India are in a strong position.

It's a slow pitch, and this is exactly the kind of cricket India are acustom to. S.A will have to bat on the last day and that won't be easy.

S.A bowlers are very ordinary on wickets hat offer very little assistance.

I was disapointed on how Amla and Harris ganged together to rob Karthik. Shamefull

Khalil said:
S.A bowlers are very ordinary on wickets hat offer very little assistance.

I was disapointed on how Amla and Harris ganged together to rob Karthik. Shamefull
First of all why is bio Amla playing this test match.

PlanetPakistan said:
First of all why is bio Amla playing this test match.

Amla topped the batting averages in S.A's domestic league for 2 succesive seasons nd so his selection is fully justified.

I was angry at his dishonesty but this does not mean that I am against his selection. I am very much a Amla supporter but I would hate him to behave like those Protea cheats. I am lambasting him more like a father lambasts his dishonest child

Khalil said:
Amla topped the batting averages in S.A's domestic league for 2 succesive seasons nd so his selection is fully justified.

I was angry at his dishonesty but this does not mean that I am against his selection. I am very much a Amla supporter but I would hate him to behave like those Protea cheats. I am lambasting him more like a father lambasts his dishonest child
what did he exactly do?

what did he exactly do?

He claimed a catch when he clearly knew that it came off Karthick's pad. He than started celebrating like Sreesanth. Rauf got fooled and gave the batsman out

I once saw Saeed Anwar disclaiming a catch he took when the umpire gave the batsman out. I also saw Saeed Anwar walking off when the umpiure gave him not out. Anwar was also religious but he maintained his honour and dignity on and off the field and thats what I was expecting from Amla

Khalil said:
He claimed a catch when he clearly knew that it came off Karthick's pad. He than started celebrating like Sreesanth. Rauf got fooled and gave the batsman out

I once saw Saeed Anwar disclaiming a catch he took when the umpire gave the batsman out. I also saw Saeed Anwar walking off when the umpiure gave him not out. Anwar was also religious but he maintained his honour and dignity on and off the field and thats what I was expecting from Amla

I'm confused -

From BBC Sport -

Harris, who played county cricket in England for Warwickshire in 2006, secured his maiden Test scalp with the first ball after tea when Karthik was given out for a bat and pad catch at silly point.

Replays suggested no contact with the bat and fielder Hashim Amla did not even appeal, trying instead to execute a run-out.

:20:

Yeah Amla did not even look back at the umpire. He was much more worried about effecting the run-out rather than appeal for the catch

India well placed. All it needs is one of the three SRT, SCG or Viru to go hammer and tonks and India will have around 450. Things will happen on this wicket in the last two days and SA will be up against it. Kumble will be all over SA in the later stages.

Great to see Dinesh Kaarthick finally get his opportunity more by chance than by any clever recognition of talent by the Indian management. With his superior keeping and dedicated batting he will play himself into the first test keeper spot by the end of this test. Good to see.

To be honest i hate the chit-chatting of Saffers worse than anything. Constant comments from Boucher, Nel especially comments that includes judging all your traits. I think they will be doing to Pakistan as well. I sincerely wish Pakistan beat the crap out of these loud mouthed pigs. Only guy who remained calm was Pollock. All the others were behaving like jerks on the field.

jackal786 said:
To be honest i hate the chit-chatting of Saffers worse than anything. Constant comments from Boucher, Nel especially comments that includes judging all your traits. I think they will be doing to Pakistan as well. I sincerely wish Pakistan beat the crap out of these loud mouthed pigs. Only guy who remained calm was Pollock. All the others were behaving like jerks on the field.
Indeed the Saffers keep doing that. However if people give back in kind they start whining. Recall Sri Lanka particularly Sangakarra dishing out plenty in an earlier series. Sanga addressed Neil McKenzie as Miss McKenzie at one stage and the South African commentators like Barry Richards taking exception to that. Hypocricy really.

Indians have given back quite well this time although not to the extent of the Saffers.

Khalil said:

watch it again
Amla didn't appeal, as soon as he caught ball, he threw it back to boucher to Runout Karthik (or stump), but didn't appealed for catch

why are india persisting with ganguly? look at how uncomfortable he felt by a short ball from pollock, who has no special pace. ganguly is done with. invest in some other young player rather than players who are more or less done with

You can tell that Ganguly here is playing for his place in the team rather than for the team.

India 414 all out. In 131 overs they should have got at least 450.

Good score but could've been 500+ the way they were batting. Tendy's departure set off a collapse and Bumpcatcher had to start cowlashing at the end. India would be disappointed with that score I think, they'd have been aiming for 450+ at least. Good knock from Bumpcatcher, unfortunately he ran out of partners.

India well short of 100 runs in this pitch,500 was a minimum.especiall having a score like 200/1 .very average performance

Smiffy looking well set on a flat track.

siddharth said:
India well short of 100 runs in this pitch,500 was a minimum.especiall having a score like 200/1 .very average performance

Agree with you,,, player like Tendulkar and Ganguly should have made big centuries,, its crime for batsman like Tendulkar not making century in this kind of track,, If it was Shoaib Malik making 50+ it would have been good.... But Tendulkar should have made a century and Ganguly...

Ganguly played better cricket than Tendulkar...

Back