Third Test SA V India - Decider

deep82 said:
Boucher looked plumb against Kumble early in his innings....Hawk eye though suggested the ball just clipping leg stump....but the appeal was instanteous and it looked out naked eye.
Clipping leg stump, enough doubt there. One of the tailenders also looked out to the naked eye but the ball was going a fair distance over the stump.

ahsan17 said:
Clipping leg stump, enough doubt there. One of the tailenders also looked out to the naked eye but the ball was going a fair distance over the stump.
umpire don't give decision based on hawk eye...they give on naked eye and on naked eye it looked dead...most umpire would have given that easily......it was not an intelligent decision...maybe alucky decision for Rauf....looks like he was compensating for the shockers he given in the previous tests...

deep82 said:
umpire don't give decision based on hawk eye...they give on naked eye and on naked eye it looked dead...most umpire would have given that easily......it was not an intelligent decision...maybe alucky decision for Rauf....looks like he was compensating for the shockers he given in the previous tests...
Mate, the view that the viewers get is different from the view that umpire gets. Umpire gets the direct front view, viewers also get the front view but at a different angle. Some things umpires can interpret differently than a viewer precisely because of the view.

ahsan17 said:
Mate, the view that the viewers get is different from the view that umpire gets. Umpire gets the direct front view, viewers also get the front view but at a different angle. Some things umpires can interpret differently than a viewer precisely because of the view.

exactly. Umpires eye line is in a completely different place from the camera.

ahsan17 said:
Mqaybe if it was simon taufel then I would buy ur point but Rauf ??? He can't judge the fairly simple decisions and here it looked abs plumb...9 out of 10 umpires would have given that....it just looked out...!!

deep82 said:
Mqaybe if it was simon taufel then I would buy ur point but Rauf ??? He can't judge the fairly simple decisions and here it looked abs plumb...9 out of 10 umpires would have given that....it just looked out...!!

As bad as Rauf usually looks to be...he must have some ability to have been included in the umpiring pannel, don't you think?

ICC, could have easily picked an India, BD or any other umpire instead

Monsee said:
As bad as Rauf usually looks to be...he must have some ability to have been included in the umpiring pannel, don't you think?

ICC, could have easily picked an India, BD or any other umpire instead
No.ICC did a mistake. Rauf is clearly not an international standrad umpire.

India have got a 41 run lead.........good. The task is very clear for India now, play out 2 sessions and get around 170-180 with the fall of 3-4 wickets, then in the last session bat quick and give it evreything and get as close to the 300 run mark or over as possible, then on the last day the Indian bowlers have around 100 overs to bowl the Saffies out, we should get some early wickets as some batsmen are out of form and inconsistant with the bat, Kumble will be very crucial for India, but the game is still on any-teams hand, any-team can still win this match.

SA will have to bowl India around 200 and look to chase 250 at maximum other wise India have great chance of winning the series here.

Have you guys noticed that India end up getting Rauf while Aussies most often than not get Aleem Dar. That seems to be biased IMO.

I would love to have Rauf umpiring in the Ashes and Dar in INd-SA matches.

bablu said:
Have you guys noticed that India end up getting Rauf while Aussies most often than not get Aleem Dar. That seems to be biased IMO.

I would love to have Rauf umpiring in the Ashes and Dar in INd-SA matches.

Gibbs was given out wrongfully and no Indian complained.

Would have liked to have seen India a little more in front. Still they have the enormous advantage of bowling last. Weather staying fit SA are well and truly up against it.

India has dominated this series ..I don't see India losing from here ...SA have struggled big time against the class of Dravid , Laxman , Tendulkar and yes even Ganguly .. The enormous experience that these 4 batsmen possess has come in handy ..
Wonder how Saffies will perform against Pakistani batsmen who are prone to playing loose shots and fishing outside the off stump ..should be very interesting

Why did it take Ganguly over 5 minutes to come out. Strange thing was that Tendy and Laxman should have been out before him

India have to get a move on if they want to win this match. They need about 120-150 runs this session and put SAF into bat today.

Ganguly gone for a decent 46, we needed that wicket. One question, though - why was Ganguly sent ahead of Laxman and Tendulkar? It worked though.

Kallis takes the wicket, 90/3.

Big huge wicket as Deano would say.

Still a long way to go though a collapse is not out of the question.

Easa said:
Ganguly gone for a decent 46, we needed that wicket. One question, though - why was Ganguly sent ahead of Laxman and Tendulkar? It worked though.

Kallis takes the wicket, 90/3.
Sachin was off the field for a certain length of time when india were
in the field and therefore had to make up that time before he could bat.
when the 2nd wicket fell in india inns there were still 6 mins left of
the alloted time before sachin could bat. Ganguly was told this hastly
by an offical and had to get his pads on and get out to middle quickly.
He was lucky he wasnt given out "timed out" as he took 5 mins to get out
into middle. The fact the ICC offical only advised the indian dressing
room few mins b4 hand that sachin still had time to wait saved ganguly.

Thanks for explaining that Amjid. I thought you had a maximum of 3 minutes to get out into the middle, and take your guard? Or am I wrong?

95/3, by the way.

Easa said:
Thanks for explaining that Amjid. I thought you had a maximum of 3 minutes to get out into the middle, and take your guard? Or am I wrong?

95/3, by the way.

2mins in Tests.

So, theoretically, he should have been timed out.

Easa said:

Isn't that what AJ is saying but got let off because of the confusion regarding Sachin eligibility to come in next.

Easa said:

In theory yes, however due to fact ICC offical informed the indian
dressing room late that sachin still had time to wait meant ganguly was
excused. It was the right decision.

6 runs have come in the last 5 overs. :)))

Tendulkar going at a stunning strike rate, 6 of 29 balls.

Tendu is really struggling out there.

Could be injured.

Cricinfo is brilliant for once!

44.3 Harris to Tendulkar, no run, you know where it landed, and you know what Tendulkar did 44.2 Harris to Tendulkar, no run, oh come off it now, fired in at that same place and all he does is pad it away
44.1 Harris to Tendulkar, no run, tossed up outside leg, and Tendulkar sweeps to Smith at short fine leg

42.6 Harris to Tendulkar, no run, again outside leg stump, no chance of hitting the stumps, and Tendulkar....come on, you can say it out loud with me...PADS IT AWAY....
42.5 Harris to Tendulkar, no run, lo and behold, its outside leg stump again, and Tendulkar just shakes his rear-end at it and the ball parries off it
42.4 Harris to Tendulkar, no run, again its fired in well outside leg and he pads it away, not much he can do when the bowler's adopted this line
42.3 Harris to Tendulkar, no run, tossed up outside leg stump, Tendulkar pads it away, very defensive move from the batsman

This is ridiculous batting....theres a game to be won here for India!!

I have been following this match for the past 25 mins and remember only 2 runs coming of the bat!

IND is putting themselves under unnecessary pressure and if a wicket falls here i am quite sure there will be an infamous collapse.

In an unbelievable and sensational twist, India have taken a single. This brings Tendulkar onto Pollock's end.

really this is the most pathetic partnership ever 24 runs in 15 overs

What an eventful over...first 4 runs of the bat and then a wicket!

46.5 Harris to Dravid, THATS OUT!! Caught&Bowled!!
46.4 Harris to Dravid, 2 runs, back of a length delivery down the leg, Dravid goes on the backfoot and flicks it to deep mid wicket
46.3 Harris to Dravid, no run, delivery held back by Harris, Dravid comes down the track and looks to defend, misses it, so does Boucher
46.2 Harris to Tendulkar, 1 run, tossed up on the off, Tendulkar comes on the frontfoot and drives it to cover
46.1 Harris to Dravid, 1 run, flighted delivery on the leg, Dravid comes on the frontfoot and drives it to long on, Nelson on the board

YAY.. a wicket. I was beginning to think the players went to sleep.

Last 10 ovs 14/1 RR 1.40

What the hell are India doing? Are they trying to win this match or what?

What does the collapse smell like? On a side not, Cricinfo brilliant commentary :)))

44.6 Harris to Tendulkar, no run, tossed up outside off stump, he charges, and slams it over long-off for six! Nope, im kidding...its tossed up well wide of leg stump, and Tendulkar....drum roll...pads it away
44.5 Harris to Tendulkar, no run, ahh the deception! Back to script now, fired in very wide of leg stump, Tendulkar goes for the paddle but misses
44.4 Harris to Tendulkar, no run, the winds of change? Do my eyes deceive me? Its quicker on off stump, and Tendulkar defends to cover
:)))

Albert Einstein once said 'Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.' and certainly gravitation did not make the Indian batsman stick adhesively to the crease and go into a shell. Since Ganguly's dismissal the South Africans have bowled a tight line and their fielding has been exceptional. Now the good team-work is producing good results and Smith's waiting game is paying off" quips Sajan

Tendulkar plays out another maiden, 9 of 51 now. What a player.

So you know, a collapse smells of naan kebab and chicken tikka.

tendu playing another masterfull innings here when India needed him. 9 of 51 balls.

48.3 Harris to Laxman, 1 run, OUT, flat and quicker on legh stump, he rocks back and flicks with the wrists past Amla at forward short leg, they run the first and then there's a very bad call from Laxman going for the second, Tendulkar's very quick to get back to the other end but a very, very slow Laxman is caught on the line as a fine throw hits the stumps, that was pathetic from Laxman and a damn good throw from the fielder at deep square leg
:))) India staring down the barrel, and in comes Mister FTB himself, Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Will he even manage to get into double figures? Only time will tell.. stay tuned.

Collapse on its way!

I'll get the plates out everyone! Who wants chilli sauce? Drinks?

I've got coke, 7up, orange juice.....or you can have water? Or I'll even make everyone a lassi!

Let's eat some kebabs!

hold on because tendu is there to play another innings under pressure

Oh, in my delight at India suffering, I forgot Dhoni isn't even playing. :)))

Hash said:
Collapse on its way!

I've got coke, 7up, orange juice.....or you can have water? Or I'll even make everyone a lassi!

Let's eat some kebabs!
yea do that please...it's breakfast time and i haven't had lassi for a decade or so.

i am wondering if the collapse is good or bad for IND because i think the S Africans will have a lot of problems against Anil.

Hash said:
Collapse on its way!

Let's eat some kebabs!
Lassi all the way! I wanna have some Tikka. :11:

WOW.. lo and behold, look what just happened.

Tendulkar hit a 4.. pass out the mithai!

And then next ball, he is back to his best...

48.6 Harris to Tendulkar, no run, fired in outside leg stump, he pads away

48.5 Harris to Tendulkar, FOUR, fired in outside leg stump, Tendulkar paddle-sweeps and places it in the gap behind square for four

oh thank you....i was beginning to wonder if Sachin forgot his bat in the dressing room

50.3 Harris to Tendulkar, no run, delivery looped up down the leg side, Tendulkar comes on the frontfoot and pads it outside the leg stump
Tendulkar continuing with this nonsense, much to the agony of Indian supporters. Check out the chat bar on Cricbuzz.. Indians going crazy! :)))

Trivia: We have just been told by our statistician that this is the first time since 1999 that Rahul Dravid has not registered even one score of 50+ in a whole test series.
WOW! Dravid did not have a good series, first time since 1999.

Iffy decision again by Rauf bhai.

Hawkeye showed it to be slipping down leg though I must say, to the naked eye it looked plumb. Sachin a little unlucky there but he was batting rubbish anyway.

Tendu the greatest batman world have ever seen and for some better then Bradman is just got out after playing another masterful innings under pressure of 14 runs in 62 balls.

Last edited:
Tendulkar gone for a heroic, valiant innings of 14 (62).

Hash said:
Iffy decision again by Rauf bhai.

Hawkeye showed it to be slipping down leg though I must say, to the naked eye it looked plumb. Sachin a little unlucky there but he was batting rubbish anyway.

Yeah looked plumb and don't forgot dravid was lucky when Rauf didn't given him out lbw.

shan said:
Tendu the greatest batman world ever seen and for some better then Bradman is just got out after playing another masterful innings under pressure of 14 runs in 62 balls.

Let everyone stand and salute the great man, great cricketer and great champion that is SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR! :))

Back