Third Test SA V India - Decider

selfish game by tendu...

Ganguly is much better today

it looks like SA will have to just chase under 200 runs even after trailing by 40 runs. The partnership between tendu and dravid was criminal.

I think spinners (Kumble & Sachin) still can b destructive for SA.
in First Inn, Patel had problem with his ankle and Sreesanth was also struggling. Not sure how their injuries are now

PlanetPakistan said:
Patel will get some reverse as well so all is not lost for IND.

I don't think he ll create any trouble as he was bowling at 120 speed yesterday. Wasim said if I had to bowl 1-2 over even today, I can bowl faster than that.
And Sunil Gavaskar said " I think Kumble would bowl faster then Patel"

he is NOT 100% for this match

Asim2Good said:
I don't think he ll create any trouble as he was bowling at 120 speed yesterday. Wasim said if I had to bowl 1-2 over even today, I can bowl faster than that.
And Sunil Gavaskar said " I think Kumble would bowl faster then Patel"

he is NOT 100% for this match
well if Munaf wasn't 100% fit plus the pitch was really dry then why was H Singh left out? :13:

I really wanted india to win this test match, but now after watching Dravid and Tendulkar bat, I madly want them to lose this match, they were playing like it was the last day of the test match and trying to safe the match...

Tendulkar has really played like a loser, Dravid well he really exiting..!

India have a handy lead now... hopefully they get under 250 , and the chase will be pretty exciting

bladerunner said:
whenever you write something positive for india, a wicket falls
Don't worry - Indians have enough on the board ..if you are an Indian supporter ...SA won't be able to chase 200 in 4 th innings

Karthik is playing a special knock here ..playing with heart and application ..lead has crossed 200 ..no way "saffies chokers" can chase this

CrickFan said:
Karthik is playing a special knock here ..playing with heart and application ..lead has crossed 200 ..no way "saffies chokers" can chase this

A little bit too soon - CarSick goes.
Should make an exciting final day of the series!

Amoeba said:
A little bit too soon - CarSick goes.
Should make an exciting final day of the series!

Saffies are clueless - when it comes to playing spin ..If Kumble cannot take out this SA batting line up on a turning 5 th day pitch - I will be very surprised .

what the heck Asif Rauf should be hanged. It was a 7 ball over. Damn it. Last ball the batsman was out.

jackal786 said:
what the heck Asif Rauf should be hanged. It was a 7 ball over. Damn it. Last ball the batsman was out.
wouldn't have matter ..may be a run or two...Munaf is one ball player.

Target is 211 with 24+90 overs left. India must strike early to mount the pressurre early. Have to say India blew it......Sachin was pathetic to say the least.

Well India should lose this test and series ,they don't deserve to win it.Tendu ,i had my comment on the other thread.

India got Abe...I think this might be a very good break through as he was playing really well

Time for the 5th Day Pitch Bully to go to work now! ;-)

South Africa of to a solid start. AB de Villiers is so damn talented.. its a shame he hasn't gone on during this series. Amla comes in, hopefully to take us home..

42/1

Amla plays two beautiful shots, both race away for 4.
15.5 Khan to Amla, FOUR, too full on the legs, and Amla picks up four more with a well-placed flick in the gap behind square, which beats Munaf by some distance
15.4 Khan to Amla, FOUR, overpitched outside off stump, and Amla's quick to dispatch that elegantly through the off side cordon with a nice cover drive

54/1

And it's stumps, after that dismissal.

55/2, will need 156 runs tomorrow, should be a good day.

Ok just some random thoughts after watching the game.

Umpiring;
Pathetic, giving a 7 ball over that leads to the wipe out of Indian tail is pretty sad. But never mind umpiring decisions are to be expected against us at all times so no big shock.

Sachin Tendulkar;
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON THE FIELD IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE SO INJURED THAT YOU CAN BARELY WALK?

Dravid;
Pathetic captaincy again made the same mistake of playing for a draw and now cost his team to atleast draw the series. A very selfish player, the word selfishness is made because of guys like these.

Ganguly;
Oh he was starting to look so good till that stupid shot sooooo frustratinggggggggggg.

Sehwag & Jaffer; Both should be out of the team soon hopefully, the sooner the better.

Safricans;
I congradulate you guys on a team effort and fighting it out and showing what a coward this Rahul Dravid is to the whole world !!THANK YOU. Also more power to you guys, I sincerley hope you guys win this test match and series. India led by their captain is a bunch of cowards and dont deserve to win this game... I am a Safrican fan till this series finishes.

Last edited:
Gibbs is virtually a mental freak ..and a walking wicket ..it will boil down to Kallis and Boucher ..and maybe Prince ... Kumble will be deadly on a 5 th day pitch ..and the demons that SA have in their head should come in handy from an Indian perspective

Last edited:
Good to see a test match delicately poised!

S.A need a couple of good partnerships tomorrow and they will be fine, but they also know they are one collapse away from a series defeat.

Who said test match cricket was boring?

Sehwag & Jaffer; Both should be out of the team soon hopefully, the sooner the better.
You're going to drop someone who scored a 100 in the first innings?
Dravid;
Pathetic captaincy again made the same mistake of playing for a draw and now cost his team to atleast draw the series. A very selfish player, the word selfishness is made because of guys like these.
Don't know about his captaincy skills, but Dravid is a fantastic player. Boring at times, but fantastic.

people are angry at Jaffer ,because of him India had a decent score in the first innings.Sehwag,what the heck management is thinking,well he should be dropped ,but again why should they sent him in the opening spot against Karthik.minimum common sense?.Dravid is selfish ,yeah because of his selfishness India won some matches.Romali_ rotti ,eat your rotties with butter chicken ,i know you are hungry,thats why you are angry.the worst performer today was Tendu.was he injured?.

Jaffer got an unplayable ball in the second innings ...that could have taken out any batsman ..

CrickFan said:
Jaffer got an unplayable ball in the second innings ...that could have taken out any batsman ..

oh men :))) unplayable ball? :D

Easa said:
You're going to drop someone who scored a 100 in the first innings?

Don't know about his captaincy skills, but Dravid is a fantastic player. Boring at times, but fantastic.

You dropped Salman Butt soon after he scored a 100 facing Mcgrath, Lee, Warne and Co so who are you to question me :23:

Fantastic player? he is coward he grinded and grinded who does he think he is SUnil Gavaskar? Hasnt he learned that playing negative cricket has always cost India big time. Fantastic player my BUTT he avgs 15 against Mcgrath and Warne that tell you something. If you cant score against the best well in my books you are just not good enuuf....

Last edited:
Wasim Jaffer is the only semblance of a decent opener in India and you want to drop him?!

He grinded out because the pitch is slow - why does everyone want scoring at 4 an over? This is Test cricket, and needs to be ground out from time to time. I've had enough of batsman scoring at 7 an over in test cricket and bowlers being reduced to mere passengers in the side. Sometimes I wonder why India/Pakistan even bother playing bowlers in Tests held in the subcontinent - just go in with 11 batsmen, let them all get hundreds and get the part timers to roll their arm over.

zaf1986 said:
Wasim Jaffer is the only semblance of a decent opener in India and you want to drop him?!

He grinded out because the pitch is slow - why does everyone want scoring at 4 an over? This is Test cricket, and needs to be ground out from time to time. I've had enough of batsman scoring at 7 an over in test cricket and bowlers being reduced to mere passengers in the side. Sometimes I wonder why India/Pakistan even bother playing bowlers in Tests held in the subcontinent - just go in with 11 batsmen, let them all get hundreds and get the part timers to roll their arm over.

What are you talking about? There is s difference between playing slow and negative cricket. What he did today was absolutely shameful and SELFISH, he didnt put the lose balls away,didnt want to play the bad ones, just a pathetic attitude. I HOPE INDIA LOSES THIS, COME ON AFRICANSSSS WE CAN DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :19:

Romali_rotti said:
What are you talking about? There is s difference between playing slow and negative cricket. What he did today was absolutely shameful and SELFISH, he didnt put the lose balls away,didnt want to play the bad ones, just a pathetic attitude. I HOPE INDIA LOSES THIS, COME ON AFRICANSSSS WE CAN DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :19:
he is generally playing in that way ,maybe that early wickets had taken him back.any how i am also with SA only.it would be great shame if India win this match :6:

That is Dravid's job. He is the rock in the middle order, who everybody plays around. He averages around 60, and is one of the best number three's ever.

As for the Butt issue, there is a huge difference. The selectors wanted him dropped, not me.

Romali Rotti.......what a pathetic fan of india u are?

In ur long senseless post, u have blasted everyone except for ur demi God Sachin(pretending him to be injured hence he didn't make run today)....what a sore loser? U shld be ashmaed of being a team fan....u don't want team to do well, u only want sachin to play well.......

Dravid played beautifully with Ganguly and remember he came at 6/2...they took the score beyond 100....stage was set for Sachin to play sensible....agree Dravid too slowed down but he bats that way anyways...it was the responsibilty of Sachin to maintain the tempo like Ganguly did...but that paper god played for himself(who was selfish)....

Don't dare to call dravid Selfish.....He is one of the most unselfish character in Indian team...always played for the team.

This is an absolute disgrace. The supersopper has broken down and they are having to remove the water from the covers manually. It is taking a loooong time and they are trying to make sure water doesn't get on the pitch so there is a delay.

It's not raining and the only wait is for them to get the covers off which would have been quick if the supersopper was working.

kablooee87 said:
This is an absolute disgrace. The supersopper has broken down and they are having to remove the water from the covers manually. It is taking a loooong time and they are trying to make sure water doesn't get on the pitch so there is a delay.

It's not raining and the only wait is for them to get the covers off which would have been quick if the supersopper was working.

Yeah but SA is just 100 runs away and they need just about 20 overs at maximum to win this match.

If the rest of the day is abandoned due to rain, India should count themselves extremely luck here.

I agree and this just goes to show to all those losers that these things don't only happen in Pakistan.

It's raining - The match will be called off anytime ... Indians have escaped from the jail ..party time for Indian fans I guess

Rain has stopped.

Still manually removing the water from the covers

Maybe it might not be a bad thing for SA ..bcoz they can't lose this test match now ..so they can go for an all out attack

SA just need another 15 overs of play which is very possible.

CrickFan said:
Maybe it might not be a bad thing for SA ..bcoz they can't lose this test match now ..so they can go for an all out attack
yea valid point plus it will make it hard for the spinners.

PlanetPakistan said:
how is the light?

however bad it is, SA would be stupid to take it.

Might be a near darkness finish like Karachi against the English.

when was the last time when team lost the series after winning the first test in 3 test series?

smith gone, SA 129/3 another 82 runs needed. Kallis in good news for India.

Kallis playing very slowly - is there a last twist to this match ..infact Kallis was out 1st ball ..but not given by Rauf

Back