Third Test SA V India - Decider

Kallis playing very slowly - is there a last twist to this match ..infact Kallis was out 1st ball ..but not given by Rauf

I don't think the evdience was conclusive. The bat may well have scraped the ground. Enough doubt

Kallis is looking clueless ..did not read Kumble's googly and left it ..was almost bowled ..

India need 7 quick wickets now.

SA just need to take it easy and the runs will come.

Zaheer Khan just getting a bit of reverse swing.

79 needed with 6 wickets at hand. Important thing for them is that 4 of them are Gibbs, Prince, Boucher and Kallis.

79 runs needed with Kallis, Gibbs, Prince and Boucher still there.

Easy.

But miracles do happen and I suppose that is what an Indian fan will be praying for.

Prince and Kallis together - both defensive players. A real chance for India to get on top

Come On Saffies Dont Let This Coward Dravid Win Pwease Boys Bring It Homeeee>. Come On Rauuuffffffffffffff

Both Kallis and Prince are grafters - so they will not be able to score rapidly ..Indians are fired up ...are SA once again on the verge of choking ?

CrickFan said:
Both Kallis and Prince are grafters - so they will not be able to score rapidly ..Indians are fired up ...are SA once again on the verge of choking ?

OK this match will decide who is bigger choker :D

Kallis and Prince at the crease......

Anyone looking for a cure for insomnia should put it on sky sports extra now.

Indians applying lot of pressure ..and Mr.Selfish Kallis not helping SA cause .. Batting very slowly and can be out anytime ..looking very dicey ..Make no mistakes 77 run is a long way away - the way Prince and Kallis are batting

Smith's wicket was the key - one has to say .. Kallis is giving the impression that he is batting to save SA -

Hash said:
Kallis and Prince at the crease......

Anyone looking for a cure for insomnia should put it on sky sports extra now.

Come onnnn HASH WE CAN DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :19: WE WILL GET THEREE :27: :27:

They should have sent in Gibbs. Having two ultra defensive batsman at the crease was not what South Africa wanted. Have one there to hold an end and have someone else there to pick the 1s, 2s and hit the bad balls.

At the moment they have two batsman trying to hold up an end and as a result you get pathetic scenarios like we have at the moment with both batsman having strike rates of under 17. Being too defensive will allow India slightly back into the game.....India do not have enough runs to play with so all the Saffies really need to do is score runs.

Very defensive and negative stuff from South Africa and I can only wonder how the bashers of PakPassion would have reacted if we had done something similar.

Romali_rotti said:
Come onnnn HASH WE CAN DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :19: WE WILL GET THEREE :27: :27:

Hey I thought you were an Indian fan - supporting India

Hash said:
They should have sent in Gibbs. Having two ultra defensive batsman at the crease was not what South Africa wanted. Have one there to hold an end and have someone else there to pick the 1s, 2s and hit the bad balls.

At the moment they have two batsman trying to hold up an end and as a result you get pathetic scenarios like we have at the moment with both batsman having strike rates of under 17. Being too defensive will allow India slightly back into the game.....India do not have enough runs to play with so all the Saffies really need to do is score runs.

Very defensive and negative stuff from South Africa and I can only wonder how the bashers of PakPassion would have reacted if we had done something similar.
Hash you have a valid point - but Gibbs is considered mentally unstable specially in these situations - he would be a sitting duck for Kumble ...but yes Kallis and Prince have ensured that Indians are back in the game

5 runs in last 6 overs - Kallis is the most selfish cricketer I have seen ..

Guys help me understand - I really don't understand what the SAffie gameplan is ..this game is going nowhere the way these 2 are batting ...they are blocking everything

CrickFan said:
Guys help me understand - I really don't understand what the SAffie gameplan is ..this game is going nowhere the way these 2 are batting ...they are blocking everything

beats me

Looks like the examples of Karthik , Smith and Pollock is lost on them .... you know what both of them deserve to lose ...

sheer garbage from kallis and prince here ... looks like they are trying to reciprocate the cowardice of tendu and dravid.

CrickFan said:

That's the only way those guys know how to bat :)))

Kallis has batting that way for the last 8 years :)))

Are you guys watching the game at all? The ball is 40+ overs old. It's starting to reverse and the pitch is breaking up. If you try and hit out, you are done here

Elan Tedronai said:
Are you guys watching the game at all? The ball is 40+ overs old. It's starting to reverse and the pitch is breaking up. If you try and hit out, you are done here

There is a difference between not hitting out and going at a strike rate of 20 runs per hundred balls.

It always amazes me when people come out with things like this. There are not just two gears.......there are many gears.

time is not an issue here. They have all the time in the world. The problem now for the south africans is that the pitch is very slow and the ball is soft. Stroke making is not easy.

South africans need to bring that target to below 30 before they can rest easy

Hash said:
There is a difference between not hitting out and going at a strike rate of 20 runs per hundred balls.

It always amazes me when people come out with things like this. There are not just two gears.......there are many gears.

AHUMMm Cough COugh Dravid the COward COugh COugh

Hash said:

unless your name is A Razzaq.

Elan Tedronai said:
time is not an issue here. They have all the time in the world. The problem now for the south africans is that the pitch is very slow and the ball is soft. Stroke making is not easy.

South africans need to bring that target to below 30 before they can rest easy

Time was never a problem........if they ambled along and lost wickets it would put India into the match. If they scored runs and lost wickets India would still find it difficult to win because they don't have a lot of runs to play with.

Hash said:
Time was never a problem........if they ambled along and lost wickets it would put India into the match. If they scored runs and lost wickets India would still find it difficult to win because they don't have a lot of runs to play with.
I agree with you on this one because i think negative batting allows bowlers to find their rhythm and can cause a collapse...just like yesterday when IND collapsed after a long spell of negative batting.

Hash said:

The onus is upon india to pick wickets. There is only 2 batsmen to come after the current batsmen. Gibbs is out of form and and boucher is hit and miss. The tail is nothing to speak off. The south africans have lost 2 quick wickets.

Better be safe than sorry. Kallis and prince have so far taken the sting out of the indian attack after zaheer picked those 2 wickets.

Just bid your time.

With the ball too Sehwag lasts just one over. In comes Sreesanth

From cricinfo! Pretty funny.. :))) :)))

Elan Tedronai said:
The onus is upon india to pick wickets. There is only 2 batsmen to come after the current batsmen. Gibbs is out of form and and boucher is hit and miss. The tail is nothing to speak off. The south africans have lost 2 quick wickets.

Better be safe than sorry. Kallis and prince have so far taken the sting out of the indian attack after zaheer picked those 2 wickets.

Just bid your time.

Now they are playing fine but earlier they were playing out maidens and going at 1 or 2 runs per over.......that was going too far. You could sense the pressure was building and India were coming back into it. It was ridiculous.

is 22 of 60 really that slow in test cricket? Yesterday Atapattu scored 30 something in 75 balls in an ODI match when SL were consolidating. Kallis and Prince are doing a good job, kust a few more runs to go now.

mooz said:
is 22 of 60 really that slow in test cricket? Yesterday Atapattu scored 30 something in 75 balls in an ODI match when SL were consolidating. Kallis and Prince are doing a good job, kust a few more runs to go now.
Depends...if you constantly scoring then it's ok but if you score like 10 of 50 balls then get a few of cheap runs of the part-timer then it's not that great.

How ever any thing is better than getting out so well done to Kallis and Prince!

PlanetPakistan said:
back to the dot mode

. . . . . . | . . . . . . | 1 . . . . . | . . . .

let them do their job
they are only prolonging India's misery, Sreesanth may be about to start crying.

sreesanth is something. I have seen bowlers bowling wide over the crease. But this guy has few tricks of his own. Instead of running in a straight direction and then bowling it wide over the crease, he runs in from mid off region and charges in a zig zag motion

mooz said:
let them do their job
they are only prolonging India's misery, Sreesanth may be about to start crying.
man Indians are allowing these 'dot coms' to get in form....that is not a good news for us

Sreesanth is a werido but he can bowl a bit

55.5 Sreesanth to Kallis, FOUR, Even better, Sreesanth gets better of the champion but fortune favours Kallis. Short and wide outside the off stump and Kallis goes after it, ball clips the outside edge and flies over the slip cordon. This is top class bowling.

55.4 Sreesanth to Kallis, no run, three ball that shaped away and Sreesanth gets this one to nip back off the seam, excellent delivery from Sreesanth but Kallis being the champion he is, watchfully plays it away towards cover

Well he cant get the breakthrough !

Kallis and Prince in the end are the winners even if they bat slower then Teenda and co.

SS treats the game like it's a weekend amateur league where handshakes and winks rule the day.

He just seems to have no respect for anyone on the field, including his own team.

Kallis goes trying to slog the winning runs. Zaheer Khan takes the wicket.

63.2 Khan to Kallis, OUT, would you believe it? Zaheer bangs one in short, and Kallis, looking to finish it with a four, gets under the pull shot and ends up lobbing it up to Dravid at midwicket, who holds an easy catch

South Africa get the winning runs and win the match by 5 wickets & the series 2-1

Congrats to South Africa, taking an exciting series 2-1. Well played.

Khan has troughly bowled his heart out in this second inning,, if it wasnt a batting Khan could have gotten more wickets,, Sreesant didnt manage show any good impression in this second inning...

Indian has played some good cricket, but they have never been hungry after a series win,, considering how bad they performed in the odi series, they should have gone after the series,,, they got the chance by winning the first test,, and than got the chance to win the third test by Sa producing a subcontient wicket....

Indian 0 out 10

I will give them 3

india must have suprised even themselves by hanging in their with SA after their horrendous start in the ODIs. Overall, pretty good performance by Ind, esp their new young pacemen. The bar for Pakistan has been set pretty high. I wonder if we will be up tot he task.

It was very good tough series. India to their credit were competitive after a drubbing in the LOI series.

However they have let slip a golden opportunity. 45 minutes - perhaps even less - of resistance in the second innings at Durban would have seen them draw the match. The senior batsmen should have done better. Even with the Durban loss, they still had an opportunity to win, as this pitch at Cape Town suited them more than the hosts. Yet they disintegrated in the batting again.

I am afraid in this Test series the Indian batting faltered under pressure and squandered a wonderful opportunity to win a Test series in South Africa.

After almost a one sided ODI series, it was a good test series to watch. Both team played almost same quality of cricket, however the team which had more desire to win went through.

Congratulations to Saffies.

For India, well, interesting times ahead ... good luck to all the members barring Sourav Ganguly. They are surely going to face some music from media or shall I say it's already started ;-)

Excellent ending to an excellent Test match. I was a 'neutral' throughout the whole series. :25:

The thing that pleases me the most is the following stat...

Team Matches Points Rating
1 Australia 43 5807 135
2 England 47 5344 114
3 Pakistan 34 3800 112
4 India 38 4056 107

Back