Third Test SA V India - Decider

Noman said:
Agree with you,,, player like Tendulkar and Ganguly should have made big centuries,, its crime for batsman like Tendulkar not making century in this kind of track,, If it was Shoaib Malik making 50+ it would have been good.... But Tendulkar should have made a century and Ganguly...

Ganguly playing better cricket than Tendulkar...
:25:

Noman said:
Agree with you,,, player like Tendulkar and Ganguly should have made big centuries,, its crime for batsman like Tendulkar not making century in this kind of track,, If it was Shoaib Malik making 50+ it would have been good.... But Tendulkar should have made a century and Ganguly...

Ganguly played better cricket than Tendulkar...
i am really fed up of this Tendu's "valuable" 64 :6: ,wht the hell ?Ganguly was waaay better than Tendu .

siddharth said:
i am really fed up of this Tendu's "valuable" 64 :6: ,wht the hell ?Ganguly was waaay better than Tendu .

Tendulkar is playing some increadiable shots in between, but he is playing to defensively, he should attack, be more like Lara or Inzi when got in,, sadly tendulkar is trying harder for runs than he should...

Sreesanth is a strange guy. In that last over we had

stares
words
threatening to throw the ball back
Angled run ups.

what next?

Amla has looked another batsman on this track....Smith is too is playing well.!

siddharth said:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the score card and the context of Ganguly's innings...

But guess whose Pic is on Cricinfo as 'Having the more significant innings?'

Do you even need a cue :21:

Draw series would make the Indians happy,, And might make the Sa happy as their batsman hasnt performed..
I hope India wins.... Dont like those Sa players,, exept Amla and NTINI

Monsee said:
That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the score card and the context of Ganguly's innings...

But guess whose Pic is on Cricinfo as 'Having the more significant innings?'

Do you even need a cue :21:

Ganguly showed Tendulkar how to play a attacking test inning... Tendulkar tried to match Ganguly, but couldnt...

And Amla gets his fifty as well. The Jaaps are cruising here.

good day for the SA:::
Average day for the Indians.. Expected better from Tendulkar and from their bowlers.

Can we have a result here? seems highly unlikely. Pitch is dead as dodo.Kumble was ineffective today. India missing Harbhajan. Munaf comeback was terrible...fielded like immaturish & bowled without any venom.
I can see SA 550/6 tomorrow.

deep82 said:
Can we have a result here? seems highly unlikely. Pitch is dead as dodo.Kumble was ineffective today. India missing Harbhajan. Munaf comeback was terrible...fielded like immaturish & bowled without any venom.
I can see SA 550/6 tomorrow.
:))) :)))

Its India for you on dead traks....

whats with munafs action? cricinfo seems to be implying its all over the place? strange that this is happening to these rising star bowlers in the indian ranks..e.g Pathan!!

the Great Khan said:
whats with munafs action? cricinfo seems to be implying its all over the place? strange that this is happening to these rising star bowlers in the indian ranks..e.g Pathan!!

Strange that it's Indian commentators on Cricinfo saying that too, eh.

Those Indian commentators are also not happy about Sehwag:

With the pace bowlers toiling hard on a pitch that offered little, it was the sort of situation that cried out for the Sehwag of old - the merciless pillager who reduced the likes of Shoiab Akhtar to a shambling wreck on a similar surface at Multan. These days though, the utter calm that typified his best days isn't in evidence, replaced by a kind of twitchy nervousness, even when the runs are flowing freely. A couple of previous attempts to belt Harris against the turn had gone awry, but when he top-edged a heave, his ration of luck ran out. And so did India's, with the remaining four wickets contributing next to nothing.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/rsavind/content/current/story/275041.html

India is a little ahead of SA, they have the runs on the board already.
Hopefully SA can atleast draw this game, I am not optimistic about SA winning.

India still hold all the cards. There is bound to be one or two partnerships from SA as we have seen from Smith - Amla, but India have the runs on the board, the wicket is starting to play some tricks and SA have to bat last. So up to India to crack open the flood gates.

Unless India get some wickets in first session i expect SA to lead by at least 50 runs by end of the day and if they bat longer then India can only hope for draw.

At the moment the game seems to be heading towards a draw. If we are able to bat out the day then that would give us a bit of a lead and should count out the possibility of a defeat.

Regardless of how Indians may try to twist this 414 is not a massive score on a track like this. They really should have got 475+ and they batted a bit too slowly..........414 not really enough when you have batted for 131 overs.

We need to look to bat out day 3 and if we do that it would put us in the driving seat for sure with India's best possible result a draw.

A couple of wickets in the first session is all impetus India needs to make a decisive march. Early wickets and the sight of Kumble hitting that ever broadening spot will set the cat amongst the pigeons.

India need about 4 wickets in the first session.

Assuming they score around 100 runs in the session a couple of wickets would leave us 250 odd for 3.......still in a pretty good position.

If SA makes the same score tomorrow around 400 and gets all out, then india bats on the 3rd day last session and 4th day 3 sessions and score like 375-400, leaving SA to bat 5 sessions and a 5th day pitch should do the trick. Though lot depends on the pitch and common sense.

what was disappointing for me was to see how slow they played on the first day itself. but then its no surprise since many players are playing for either their place or reputation. this one is as flat as it comes.

agree awan .... this game is pretty even still. Tommorow is the crutial day and both teams have the opportunity to take the advantage. There is still enough in this pitch to suggest there will be a result in this game.

Graeme Smith has fallen this morning to a clever bit of bowling by Kumble and a smart catch by Sehwag.

173/2

Sreesanth on to bowl

Sreesanth strikes. Amla chasing a wide one and he snicks it to the keeper. 177/3.

Extremely poor shot and he's gone for 63

Khalil said:
The ball kept very low. Thats what undone Hashim
If the ball kept low how can you get an outside edge on the ball? :10:

Last edited:
Kallis trying to run himself out at the non-strikers end. Would've been out if the fielder hit directly

the Great Khan said:
I know what they mean now. It looks like Scott Styris is bowling. He's only bowling 120 kphs too.

I think India has given a good account of themselves in the Test matches ..They can go back with their heads high ...

Rob H said:
I know what they mean now. It looks like Scott Styris is bowling. He's only bowling 120 kphs too.

ravi said there was something wrong with speed guns :)))

Is Patel bowling offbreak? Its what cricinfo seem to be implying...

Hash said:
At the moment the game seems to be heading towards a draw. If we are able to bat out the day then that would give us a bit of a lead and should count out the possibility of a defeat.

Regardless of how Indians may try to twist this 414 is not a massive score on a track like this. They really should have got 475+ and they batted a bit too slowly..........414 not really enough when you have batted for 131 overs.

We need to look to bat out day 3 and if we do that it would put us in the driving seat for sure with India's best possible result a draw.
Hash the joker being South African..."we are able to bat out the day..."

:))

This has to be the most agonizing test match I have ever seen. Ok I SAY THIS: I DONT CARE IF SA WIN AS LONG AS THERE IS SOME KIND OF OUTCOME... Ohhhhhhhhhh This is killing me, I am goin to go look for a Tasmanian Tiger if this keep upp...

3 quick wickets for India.............India are in command with still 2 days and a session left in this test.

I just dont know why India cant take out tha tail??? If Warneyyyy was playing he would have bowled em offf within minutes...

A pretty dissapointng and boring end to the series I must say. This game ios just pettering out into a draw at the moment. First two tests were both gripping games of cricket.

Romali_rotti said:
I just dont know why India cant take out tha tail??? If Warneyyyy was playing he would have bowled em offf within minutes...
I think it's unfair to term Boucher and Pollock as tail enders!

Hash said:
A pretty dissapointng and boring end to the series I must say. This game ios just pettering out into a draw at the moment. First two tests were both gripping games of cricket.
It is only day 3 Hash....plenty of time for a result.

PlanetPakistan said:
I think it's unfair to term Boucher and Pollock as tail enders!

Ummmm you seriously think they would last this long against Warne? I always rated Kumble higher than Warne simply because Warne bullied umpires to giving at least a 100 decision against him, while Kumble didnt and wouldnt get it even if he tried because he is Indian. However Warne has the skill of getting rid of the tail and that too very quickly wihtin no timee....

Kumble does have a tendancy to appeal for everything so he does try........I guess his Indianness has cost him a few wickets though it has helped him get a few as well like against Pakistan in Delhi.

Glad to see us lose a wicket actually, we might see some cricket now.

Hash said:
Kumble does have a tendancy to appeal for everything so he does try........I guess his Indianness has cost him a few wickets though it has helped him get a few as well like against Pakistan in Delhi.

Umm Hash did u hear what Warne said to Aleem Dar? Dar: Shane can you not walk on the pitch? Shane: you just do you job from your end and ill worry about mine. That was in the current Ashes test. During another test he told dar: 'Maybe you should check the LBW rules' after being turned down for an LBW appeal...

Romali_rotti said:
Umm Hash did u hear what Warne said to Aleem Dar? Dar: Shane can you not walk on the pitch? Shane: you just do you job from your end and ill worry about mine. That was in the current Ashes test. During another test he told dar: 'Maybe you should check the LBW rules' after being turned down for an LBW appeal...

Didn't say he was as bad as Warne.......just pointed out that he does overappeal.

Hash said:

COme on Hash its time to move on, dont let that test match still bother you :11:

Romali_rotti said:
COme on Hash its time to move on, dont let that test match still bother you :11:

Oh I can assure you it doesn't.

The Karachi test (just to remind you, 39 for 6....and then, ummm, what happened next? ;-) ) is still fresh in my memory.

Hash said:
Oh I can assure you it doesn't.

The Karachi test (just to remind you, 39 for 6....and then, ummm, what happened next? ;-) ) is still fresh in my memory.

Umm yes that will be fresh in your memmory but it doesnt bother me as much as the delhi test does to you i feel :13:

Romali_rotti said:
Umm yes that will be fresh in your memmory but it doesnt bother me as much as the delhi test does to you i feel :13:

Hate to urinate in your dinner but we won the series that time anyway......Delhi test is pretty much meaningless to me :19:

Hash said:
Hate to urinate in your dinner but we won the series that time anyway......Delhi test is pretty much meaningless to me :19:

:))) thats a funny quote but dont matter we returned the fav soon after :19:

Romali_rotti said:
:))) thats a funny quote but dont matter we returned the fav soon after :19:

and we returned it after that too just to be nice :19:

Romali_rotti said:
Well we will return it next time and the saga will continue threw to our grandkids :D

by capitulating to a 3-0 defeat? ;-)

Anyway back to the game I cannot believe we didnt get even 1 LBW, Boucher was plumb a few times but Rauf for some reason dont want to give it. Now watch India get atleast 3 LBW's when we bat and that too absolutely brutally horrible decisions, that even the Pakistani fans have no choice but to give us a hug and say its ok and say; we feel your pain.

Romali_rotti said:
Anyway back to the game I cannot believe we didnt get even 1 LBW, Boucher was plumb a few times but Rauf for some reason dont want to give it. Now watch India get atleast 3 LBW's when we bat and that too absolutely brutally horrible decisions, that even the Pakistani fans have no choice but to give us a hug and say its ok and say; we feel your pain.

Dude the best thing to do is expect it...then it doesn't hurt as much when it happens. I can assure you we Pakistani fans know how you feel when it comes to umpiring decisions.

Romali_rotti said:
Nah reverse we win 2-0 one will be drawn

Your two wins being against Lahore Gymkhana and Pakistan A?

Romali_rotti said:
Well we will return it next time and the saga will continue threw to our grandkids :D

Not so quick there, the one who 'Got Urinated in his dinner' ( :))) :))) )...History suggests quite a different sequence!

Last time India defeated Pak in India (In a series) was roughly 26 years and some change ago...you were not even part of the wheat field yet (Rotti Boy) :p

Romali_rotti said:
How was Boucher plumb a few times. Watching the game live, can't remember one time that he was plumb.

Last edited:
Hash said:
Dude the best thing to do is expect it...then it doesn't hurt as much when it happens. I can assure you we Pakistani fans know how you feel when it comes to umpiring decisions.

Yeah I do expect it, thats my mindset but it still hurts a lot, still cant believe we didnt get atleast 1 LBW :30:

ahsan17 said:
How was Boucher plumb a few times. Watching the game live, can't remember one thing that he was plumb.

I watched the game live to, what your idea of not plumb is not mine, get it? :19:

Romali_rotti said:
I watched the game live to, what your idea of not plumb is not mine, get it? :19:
Ok there :)) :)) None of commentators ever said on any of the LBW appeals that he was out. Perhaps your definition of plumb LBW is ball pitching outside leg and going over the top :|

ahsan17 said:
Ok there :)) :)) None of commentators ever said on any of the LBW appeals that he was out. Perhaps your definition of plumb LBW is ball pitching outside leg and going over the top :|

LOL Ofcourse the Saffie Commeys wont say it was out now will they LOL Boucher was plumb once ahh well wait till the Indian innings start; You will see Rauf fingers going up before even an appeal...Sighhhhhhh

SA all out for 373. Ind lead by 41.

Commendable job by Indian bowlers on this dead track. SA played rubbish...just 230 runs from full day's play and losing all their remaining wkts.

Now the equation is very clear for India...need to get 300 runs more tomorrow in either 5 hours or 6 hours...build the lead to around 350 and give saffies 100 overs to defend.....Last heard SA are also chokers??

ahsan17 said:
Boucher looked plumb against Kumble early in his innings....Hawk eye though suggested the ball just clipping leg stump....but the appeal was instanteous and it looked out naked eye.

Back