Dr Who
Ghost Whisperer
Moonlight
Jericho
Flash Gordon
Torchwood
Aliens in America
Weeds

note: haven't seen Sarah connor chronicles or Bionic woman yet..although will get around to it.

You watch too much TV man!

MCMLXXXII said:
You watch too much TV man!
:))

Probably, still free and single although, its not like i watch all that when its aired..series such as lost, dexter etc i watched back to back over a few weeks- downloaded months earlier. sometimes i watch in short space of time and not watch for days.

I dont watch much normal terrestrial telly much other than sport. Plus,my social life over the couple of years as been select few regular.

Although whilst i am in pak..dont watch any tv even cable!!

Heroes
Prison Break
How I Met Your Mother
Scrubs
Beauty and the Geek
Lost

(in order)

Friends, an all time favorite.. can watch any episode over and over again.
One Tree Hill
Gossip Girl
Prison Break
How I met your mother
The war at home
Seinfeld re-runs

Eastenders
The Bill
Hollyoaks
Top Gear
Prison Break
The Apprentice

(not in order)

South Park
Scrubs
Grand Design
Top Gear
Aek Chabee Hai Padoos Mein

My wife and I enjoy TV. Uhm, in no order ...

War at Home
Prison Break
CSI etc.
Lost
ER
Scrubs
Malcolm in the Middle
Desperate Housewives
Grays Anatomy
Bart Simpson
South Park

Reality TV ... whatever is currently on. We enjoy things or have enjoyed things like ...

Survivor / Survivor SA
Extreme Makeover : Home Edition
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
The Bachelor / The Bachelorette
Project Runway
Top Chef
Black. White.
American Idol / Idols SA
So you think you can dance?
Apprentice
Big Brother SA

Top Gear
Apprentice
Various Anime
Heroes occasionally

Comedy
Big Bang Theory
Scrubs
How i met your mother
Monk

Drama
Prison Break
LOST
House MD
Smallville
Damages
Mad Men
Heroes
CSI (all)

Sci Fi
Dead Zone
Battlestar Gallatica

Reality
Amazing Race

Late Night
Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Jay Leno

Toony™® said:
:))

Probably, still free and single although, its not like i watch all that when its aired..series such as lost, dexter etc i watched back to back over a few weeks- downloaded months earlier. sometimes i watch in short space of time and not watch for days.

I dont watch much normal terrestrial telly much other than sport. Plus,my social life over the couple of years as been select few regular.

Although whilst i am in pak..dont watch any tv even cable!!

trust me enjoy it while you can - you will not find the time once you are married :6: :6:

It has taken me nearly a month to watch 3 episodes of Series 1 Lead Balloon - was planning on watching the 2nd series that i have recorded on V+ BUT its gonna be a while :(

Back to the topic - i watch/ed these shows

Lost
Prison Break
How i Met Your Mother
Top Gear
Dragons Deg
Grand Design
Property Ladder
QI
Have I Got News For You

Don't watch much tv nowadays but friends, heroes and ugly betty are a few of my favourites.

hussain_0216 said:
Wow some of you are really quite Sad!!!!!

(and i thought only i watched monk)
:D It was the best show on TV. I don't like it as much i use to but it is still one of the best.

Some other shows the i sometimes watch(or use to watch)
House.
Aliens in America
ainak wala jin :16:

hussain_0216 said:
Wow some of you are really quite Sad!!!!!

(and i thought only i watched monk)

Monk is class!!

other favs: family guy, mighty boosh, american dad, scrubs, to name but a few

PlanetPakistan said:
Monk
Sona chandi :p

Oh´ my God, 'Sona Chandi' abhi bhi lagta hai :O :O ?? Bachchpan se ussko dekhta araha hoon.

my all time comedy favorite is 50/Fifty...no one can match that series

Top Gear, The Apprentice, South Park, That 70's Show, Ross Kemp on Gangs, Soccer AM and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

My Top Five, Past and Present:

1. The X-Files: Mulder was the perfect character, something of an enigma, and David Duchovny played him beautifully so as to define him. The program is very deep and only rarely about aliens though it is implied otherwise, and in Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, the ideal pair formed a bond where the on-screen chemistry just oozed out of them, and consequently "The X-Files" was interesting, deep, funny and quirky all at once.

2. South Park: Funny and vulgar at the same time, South Park is offensive towards everyone though discriminatory towards no-one. Though it draws immense criticism week-by-week, if you watch it you cannot deny that it is a little bit more than just a cartoon. It's more of a critical analysis of modern society with numerous memorable characters, stories and jokes built upon these foundations.

3. Stargate SG-1: Stargate's really easy to watch - it's simple science fiction that revolves around its characters rather than complex storylines, though also builds an interesting Universe and introduces scientifiic ideas into that storyline at the same time. Undoubtedly it's inaccurate, especially the way in which alien races speak English, but a lot of the ideas were really good, and so were all of the characters.

4. Lost: Though it's starting to **** me off somewhat with the way in which it drags on and on, the style and approach is unique, though the idea is old-fashioned. Once more it's a show of characters, flashing back intertwining to build a complex web that has yet to unravel. Like all good programs it asks questions and generally has left them unanswered so far. The suspense is killing me.

5. The League of Gentlemen: Quirky comedy based around an English village that we can all imagine; quirky, inbred and depraved, though we all believe such places cease to exist nowadays. A vast cast of ****ed up characters is portrayed, and the series build up to strong finales that basically tie early storylines up. Characters like Papa Lazarou made the program what it is - messed up and fall down funny.

Just seen the first episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - it aired on Virgin 1 on thursday.

I actually enjoyed it - it wasnt amazing BUT it was definately worth the watch and il certainly be following the rest of the series

Geordie Ahmed said:
Just seen the first episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - it aired on Virgin 1 on thursday.

I actually enjoyed it - it wasnt amazing BUT it was definately worth the watch and il certainly be following the rest of the series

Yeah it was not bad.. i have the first 6 episodes downloaded.. so will see other later..

Bionic woman is officially flopped and there will be no more episodes.

Also Journeyman and 4400 - although there are fan led campaigns trying to convince the tv people to change their minds on these two shows... as it worked a treat for jericho.

Did Journeyman and 4400 get cancelled?

Havnt seen Journeyman yet BUT it looked good. I saw the first 2 seasons of 4400 BUT havnt followed it since

Seen the first 2 episodes of The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and they both seemed good enough. Obviously not as good as T2 but enjoyable none the less

Chuck is really good... a few injokes with computer games..considering one character is a voice over artist for the games itself.

Have all the episodes aired so far.. girl agent in that is well fit. -australian actress i think.
Even Chuck's sister is hot.

Daoud said:
Seen the first 2 episodes of The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and they both seemed good enough. Obviously not as good as T2 but enjoyable none the less
limited budget, but the hot babe. sarah conor that is; nothing but deepest admiration for summer glau.

Geordie Ahmed said:

Havnt seen Journeyman yet BUT it looked good. I saw the first 2 seasons of 4400 BUT havnt followed it since
journeyman was brilliant, but so is Life.

journeywan was not picked up for season 2; Life is; 4400 is still on the operating table, prognosis: not good.

Geordie Ahmed said:

yes unfortunately.

A tv show which has been airing a while and is already good has stepped up in quality this season - Supernatural.

farewell_gilchrist said:
nope... all done. dokes takes it bad; dexter lives to fight another day... and i just ruined season 2 for you.

considering i posted that post in November while it was still airing in america.. i know that - and youhaven't ruined it for me.

Toony™® said:
considering i posted that post in November while it was still airing in america.. i know that - and youhaven't ruined it for me.
darn.

season 3: dexter's sister gets in on the act. beat that.

Frasier without a doubt. I just finished watching all 11 seasons for the first time. Absolutely brilliant! It's been over for 4 years now, but I wish they had never finished it.

For people who haven't seen it, start with the first episode ever. I can't describe how brilliant this show is so I'm not even going to try.

Lost, Prison Break, 24, Cold Case, Without a trace, Heroes

some recommend some good shows based on the above. I am into serious drama serials.

Damn, there are so many.

In terms of reality shows, I love House and Hell's Kitchen.

Cartoons? Family Guy and South Park are quality shows to watch to have a good laugh.

And then there are so many of those random TV shows that come on such as Two and Half Men, 8 Simple Rules, Rules of Engagement, The War at Home, Friends. Great stuff.

- BlackAdder (ended)
- Arrested Development (ended prematurely :( )
- Breaking Bad (1st season ended, waiting for 2nd one)

These are not mainstream shows but are amongst the best shows ever in terms of acting, script and wit.

iZeeshan said:
Damn, there are so many.

In terms of reality shows, I love House and Hell's Kitchen.

House isn't a reality show. Ah you were kidding, right? :D

Too many for me also..

Lost, although its getting boring now.
Frasier.
The Office(UK), brilliant show they ended it far too early.
Extras, same as the office except funnier.
The OC, i was hooked on the first two seasons but the rest was crap.
24, my second fav show. A friend recommended it to me but i never watched it because i thought it would be boring. So when i finally watched the first season i had low expectations, and it just blew me away. I think its the best season of any show ever.
Seinfeld, as much as i like 24 i have to say seinfeld is in another league. I don't think you can make a sit com better than that.

Almost forgot fresh prince of bel air. No one can act as spontaneous as will smith, he used to be better on tv.

Last edited:
imranahmed_khan said:
- BlackAdder (ended)
- Arrested Development (ended prematurely :( )
- Breaking Bad (1st season ended, waiting for 2nd one)

These are not mainstream shows but are amongst the best shows ever in terms of acting, script and wit.

I agree with you on arrested development, it was hilarious. Only seen a couple of episodes of black adder and its on my to-see list. Ive never heard of breaking bad, but ill check it out. You should see extras and the office if you haven't already, extras is more mainstream but still very witty.

TV series suggestions?

I like to watch tv series/dramas like prison break,oz,the shield,lost and 24 but can you lot tell me some more series like these? i watched these already that's why I want to watch some new ones :D

Watched some of season 1 of Saprano's and was very good. Language is bad as it was made for HBO and not TV.

Another one is Band of Brothers - shown on HBO was a mini series (one season only) about WWII. Saw first two when it started and was good. Came out 5-6 years ago.

I want to see From Earth to the Moon - documentary type thing a very mini series. Also for HBO shown 4-5 years ago.

For dramas - HBO made (or shown on HBO) was probably the best bet

For comedy - Curb your Enthusiasm - also HBO. Not a serial that you have to follow to understand. Saw some of first couple of seasons and was funny. Different than regular TV sitcoms so some may not like it

Last edited:
A new pilot just came out. The show is called 'Flash Forward'.

Its basically about this mysterious global event where everyone on the face of the planet blacks out for 2 minutes, 17 seconds. During that time, they all get a vision of what their respective lives will be like, 6 months from now. Don't want to give any cliff-hangers or spoil it, but the pilot was really good.

You guys should definitely give it a try.

HuZi said:
I like to watch tv series/dramas like prison break,oz,the shield,lost and 24 but can you lot tell me some more series like these? i watched these already that's why I want to watch some new ones :D

How I Met Your Mother
Bug Bang Theory
Heroes

I can tell you a lot more, but they have a lot of adult content

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
How I Met Your Mother
Bug Bang Theory
Heroes

I can tell you a lot more, but they have a lot of adult content

The first 2 are more sitcoms than drama series.

Anyway (I've not bothered watching it but) 'The Wire' which comes on late on channel 2 (nothing to do with content) has had good reviews, so may be good to check out.

TV show to TV show hai na? I think Huzi is a slightly younger chap, so I don't want to suggest anything with too much nudity and profanity

There are a few good ones to look out for.

How I Met Your Mother
- kind of like friends
Entourage - about a hollywood actor and his mates. Hilarious
Scrubs - has gone on for a while, and the upcoming series will be the last with the current cast, but was fun while it lasted.
Sopranos - Watched it from my teens. Was great.
The Big Bang Theory - Light hearted comedy. Is good, but nothing great.
Heroes - Gone of the boil after a an amazing 1st season. The new series has started of ok, so might be worth starting to watch it.
House - Intense drama, defo worth watching.
30 Rock - Is not that well heard of, don't know why, wins all the emmys. Fun comedy.
Gossip Girl - Ok, watch it mainly cause of my girlfriend. But is not bad actually. Good for teens.

Californication is good, but has a bit of adult content. So does Entourage I guess. Dirty Sexy Money had a good 1st season, havnt seen it since, and despite the name its not really an adult themed thing.

Family Guy is funny, though not really a drama or anything. Its spinoff, The Cleveland Show has just started too.

If you like adult comedy, then The Chappelle Show, although over is worth watching, if just for the Rick James sketch.

Also, if your a teen, watch The Hills, if you can bear it. All girls watch it, you will have something to talk about with them. Trust me, thats a great thing. And 90210.

Yeah I know, I watch a lot of TV. But its stuff I need to watch to get to sleep. Can't sleep otherwise.

Finally, in the UK Skins is pretty good. And The Inbetweeners is pretty funny. Both are on Channel 4/ E4

Yeah there are sitcoms and dramas, but good tv is good tv.

Last edited:
Entourage - about a hollywood actor and his mates. Hilarious
Another HBO show but I haven't seen it
'The Wire' which comes on late on channel 2
HBO again

They make or show good shows or they show good stuff.

Last edited:
you haven't?! get off PP NOW and start watching!

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:

lol yeah entourage is my favourite show at the moment, well one more episode left this season. Is criminally underrated in the UK. Ari has to be the best character on TV.

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
TV show to TV show hai na? I think Huzi is a slightly younger chap, so I don't want to suggest anything with too much nudity and profanity
I ain't that young, I can watch series which are 16+ or 18+ so give me some moreee :p

I'm going to watch this one I think; soprano's

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
Will get cable again soon and start watching some shows. I cannot stand commercials so hardly watched regular TV except for Seinfeld and some of the old Law & Order (mostly re-runs)

12thMan said:
Will get cable again soon and start watching some shows. I cannot stand commercials so hardly watched regular TV except for Seinfeld and some of the old Law & Order (mostly re-runs)

You don't need cable to watch them if you know where to look....

The Wire was a brilliant show.
Its a little old, but those were a classic 5 seasons.

HuZi said:
I ain't that young, I can watch series which are 16+ or 18+ so give me some moreee :p

I'm going to watch this one I think; soprano's

well then watch the following:

Weeds
Dexter
Californication

along with the others mentioned already :)

wazim87 said:
The Wire was a brilliant show.
Its a little old, but those were a classic 5 seasons.

The Wire was arguably one of the best tv series of all time...amazing show..

I've heard Mad Men is also very good, I have the first two seasons downloaded but haven't watched it yet..

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
well then watch the following:

Weeds
Dexter
Californication

along with the others mentioned already :)

Don't go that far. The kid's only 15.

Anyway has anyone watched 'Ugly Betty'. That was a good show (I only watched the first season). One on my mates tried to slaughter me for watching it, but we found out he was the odd one out. We were all watching it!

Although I have yet to see it in its entirety, 'Hustle' is supposed to be excellent.

Gujar said:
Although I have yet to see it in its entirety, 'Hustle' is supposed to be excellent.

The first few seasons are. Then the main character goes, and the season without him is poor. And although he returns the following season, two other main characters leave, which again denegrates the show.

Spooks is another good BBC programme.

Last edited:
I only watch comedy shows. So here is my list:

Scrubs --- the best show ever IMO
Frasier
Friends
That 70s show
Home improvements

"3rd rock from the Sun" is one of my favourites at the moment. Nothing like the ones mentioned by the OP but definitely worth a go.

mindless slogging said:
Don't go that far. The kid's only 15.

Anyway has anyone watched 'Ugly Betty'. That was a good show (I only watched the first season). One on my mates tried to slaughter me for watching it, but we found out he was the odd one out. We were all watching it!
yaar relax, they even show stuuf like it in school :p and I told him myself to say some good 16+18+ series thsose are more intreseting the other ones a boring mostly

i watched all the series of the sopranos , the wire i watched these all on tv ,then heroes is quality i like lost,prison break was good at start but now gone dry a bit

They're all crud nowadays. Kolchak, now there was a real tv show. And X-Files, X-Files was the ****. Supernatural's the only good thing on telly nowadays, though hopefully Stargate Universe will turn out to be half-watchable - just like True Blood is half-watchable at the moment.

Oh, and Battlestar Galactica was really good. Going back a bit, so were Babylon 5 and Farscape.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

Some other good shows:
Arrested Development
Dexter
Californication
Weeds

HuZi said:

I got 3 which are all awesome:

Heroes
One Tree Hill
FlashForeward - just started watch it on Monday 9pm ch 5, get the first 1 off da web

Back