TV Shows I Recommend

Hari Sombar said:
I got 3 which are all awesome:

Heroes
One Tree Hill
FlashForeward - just started watch it on Monday 9pm ch 5, get the first 1 off da web
thanks harisombar my counsin watches heroes he says is awsome so I gonna start watching them

and thanks all lof you who suggested some nice series

Check out true blood, a lot of supernatural stuff in the show but its also very funny. Only for adults

Entourage is probably my fav show right now

Two and a half men my fav sit com right now, hilarious!

Mad Men I got into it recently. If you like dramas you'l probably like this one, its set in the 70s and its quite original

McBoom said:
Am I the only one who likes Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

Some other good shows:
Arrested Development
Dexter
Californication
Weeds

the dark humour bored me eventually

Sparhawk said:
Check out true blood, a lot of supernatural stuff in the show but its also very funny. Only for adults

Entourage is probably my fav show right now

Two and a half men my fav sit com right now, hilarious!

Mad Men I got into it recently. If you like dramas you'l probably like this one, its set in the 70s and its quite original

ey in ur avatar, is that Fedor?

my fav fighter

Foozee said:
Entourage :)

and this new series called Flashforward

Ive just seen the first 2 episodes of flashforward and I have to say Im hooked!

Im literally counting down the hours till tomorrow so i can see the 3rd one...I want to know who this D.Gibbons is...

Last edited:
For me, it has to be Soprano’s all the way. I only started watching after the whole series had concluded in the US but was compelled with the great writing, acting and suspense throughout the 6 seasons.

I would usually buy an entire season from amazon which would work out equivalent to cost of buying a blockbuster movie (even though each episode provided a cinematic experience and each season’s boxset gave me over 13 hours of viewing time).

You should check out ROME, another HBO series. A brilliant series concerntrating on Ceaser and events after his death. I feel it is one of the best T.V. series's ever. However it contains alot of sexual content and violence.

weeds and californication comes on comedy central :D so I can watch both

I can't believe nobodys mentioned the American version of The Office.

That show is absolutely hilarious. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

What are sitcoms would you recommend?

Ideally, sitcoms that are similar to Arrested Development!

My favourite one as Scrubs (though new season isn't as good), How I met your Mother (kinda fading too in later seasons), and Community (best new tv show). Community is about a lawyer who has to return to community college to get a college degree since his current one is not valid (its from Columbia.......the country). Its quite funny.

Yeah i like scrubs but the new season is a huge let down...

I also like The Office

Amir said:
My favourite one as Scrubs (though new season isn't as good), How I met your Mother (kinda fading too in later seasons), and Community (best new tv show). Community is about a lawyer who has to return to community college to get a college degree since his current one is not valid (its from Columbia.......the country). Its quite funny.

I saw the 1st episode of Community...it seemed quite good. Modern Family also seems ok. The only 2 sitcoms I have seen fully are the office (uk version) and arrested development...both are brilliant! To all of you who haven't seen arrested development...do so now!

insaftak said:
Two and a Half Men

Good choice, always good for laughs.

RX, Modern family not bad either. Interesting modern concept :p Trust me, and try out community! The 2nd episode is hilarious! Best character is the teacher, Senor Chang.

hasanb said:
Good one...thats a good show. I really not hae expected you of all people to come up with that :p

Kia hamarey hansne pe pabandi lagi hui hai

How i met your mother, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, and Cougar town.

All of them are worth watching.

hasanb said:
I kind of thought you had imposed that pabandi on yourself :))

no imposing anything on anyone from my side, i'm all for minding our own business when it comes to people's personal life. My problem is always with people's political views and i'm pretty sure people have problems with my political views as well.

only fools and horses is the mother of all sit coms you cant get better than that.

an keeping up appearances

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Extras
The Office
30 Rock

My name is Earl - Good show, lasted 3 seasons

Phoenix Nights - if your in the UK and like to poke fun at northerners :D

I only found 3 seasons for mind your language on youtube. How do i watch season 4 since it is not on youtube?

krunk_senior said:
I only found 3 seasons for mind your language on youtube. How do i watch season 4 since it is not on youtube?

surfthechannel.com

Anything with Anwar Maqsood or Saleem Nasir :)

Brit comedies are amazing too. Best ones:
Yes, Prime Minister
Only Fools and Horses
BlackAdder
Allo Allo
Fawltey Towers

Entourage is brilliant.

Scrubs (the new season), is not as bad as I thought it would be. The show was all about JD and it ran its course. They should let it go.

The Big Bang Theory is good for some laughs. 30 Rock is decent too, but its kinda fading, like How I Met Your Mother (which finally seems to have an end in sight!)

But right now its all about the final season of Lost!

Zahid87 said:
Entourage is brilliant.

Scrubs (the new season), is not as bad as I thought it would be. The show was all about JD and it ran its course. They should let it go.

The Big Bang Theory is good for some laughs. 30 Rock is decent too, but its kinda fading, like How I Met Your Mother (which finally seems to have an end in sight!)

But right now its all about the final season of Lost!

+1

My new favorite is "Modern Family". "Curb your enthusiasm" is my all time favorite. Other classics include "Seinfeld", "Everybody loves Raymond"

saadibaba said:
"Curb your enthusiasm" ..."Seinfeld"
Both very good.

For reruns Seinfeld but not the last season but first 4-5 were great, old "Cosby Show" is good. The one from 80s when kids are young. Not the 90s one (last 2-3 seasons). "Cheers" is very good.

Nothing beats Scrubs.

THe office, Frasier, friends, Two and a half men are also good

Dexter for sure.

I have always enjoyed watching The Mentalist. Even though it's a knock off of the show "Psych" which is pretty darn good as well.

House owns. :D

kingusama92 said:
Dexter for sure.

I have always enjoyed watching The Mentalist. Even though it's a knock off of the show "Psych" which is pretty darn good as well.

Dexter is a sitcom?

Big Bang Theory. great if you have a nerdy sense of humor

kingusama92 said:
Dexter for sure.

Dexter is a good show but it's not a sitcom. Same goes for House.

salman24 said:
Dexter is a good show but it's not a sitcom. Same goes for House.

Oops. :D

Recommendations then...

* Two and a half men

* Community

* Simpsons (who doesn't like that?) :D

* Scrubs

I've never understood why Two and a Half Men is so popular (besides the girls that make appearances in the show) - there is nothing worth watching. It is just repetitive drool.

30 Rock has got to be one of the funniest of late. Right up there with Arrested Development, if not better.

Always Sunny in Philadelphia is also pretty funny.

The Office (UK version) is a classic.

two and half man is alright... not amazing

started watching "The Peep show" funny as hell

Community is hilarious.

How I Met Your Mother is a past fav.

But my ultimate fav is Chuck.

Seriously, start watching Chuck now!

Lightning said:
Community is hilarious.

How I Met Your Mother is a past fav.

But my ultimate fav is Chuck.

Seriously, start watching Chuck now!

Ah yes.. how could I forget Chuck. Love that show.

Please tell me what fascinates people into watching Glee?! I hate it.. does anyone like it?

kingusama92 said:
Ah yes.. how could I forget Chuck. Love that show.

Please tell me what fascinates people into watching Glee?! I hate it.. does anyone like it?

Glee is kinda girlish

Last edited:
ENTOURAGE!

How I Met Your Mother (Neil Patrick Harris is a legend!)

lol, My Wife and Kids.

Easa said:
ENTOURAGE!

lol, My Wife and Kids.

i like that show.. only thing that is put off for me is that neil patrick harris is such a playa on that show.. but in real life he's gay... jus puts me off dunno why

Inbetweeners - season 1 and 2 are hilarious

Weeds - all 3 seasons. I thought season 4 was out too, but sky are not showing it.

murphyslaw79 said:
Inbetweeners - season 1 and 2 are hilarious

Weeds - all 3 seasons. I thought season 4 was out too, but sky are not showing it.
Weeds is a great show though not a sitcom. Another good show from Showtime is Californication, also really funny and well done but again not a sitcom.

Some that deserve a mention:
Flight of the Conchords
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (won't find a better show showcasing the American Psyche)

No body mentioned "I love Lucy" .... Its a huge let down for me.. I think it is one of the best in history and no wonder it is ranked no 2 behind Seinfeld in all time greats ...

Friends

Scrubs - great show, sad to see it end (well, sad to see JD leave)

Fresh Prince of Bel Air - love it

My Wife and Kids - has its moments

Only Fools and Horses - Del Boy rulez

My Name is Earl - not the best, but not too shabby either

Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Everybody Hates Chris
My Family (UK)

erm probs some more as well....

Easa said:
ENTOURAGE!

lol, My Wife and Kids.

Aren't you a little young for that show...it has an R rating. :inzi Let's not tell your parents. :ibutt

Top 5 TV Shows...

What are your Top 5 Shows?...

Mine are...

1 - The Wire
2 - Oz
3 - 24
4 - Dexter
5 - Damages

1. Entourage
2. Top Gear
3. How I met your Mother
4. The IT Crowd
5. Married..with Children

Looking forward to second season of V. Also watched The Gates this season but it was so so. Can anyone recommend any good new Sci-Fi shows?

Colbert Report
Daily Show
Amazing Race
Survivorman
Pak Cricket Drama

1) House - My most favourite TV show.
2) Dexter
3) Lie to Me
4) Psych
5) Modern Family

Special Mentions: Community, The Mentalist [similar to Psych] and Gary Unmarried.

1. The Wire

*tumbleweed*

2. Curb Your Enthusiasm
3. Californication
4. Entourage
5. Weeds

Too general a question, but a list baring comedies would be:

Lost
BSG
Fringe
Dexter
Lie to Me