TV Shows I Recommend

that was crazy, most remarkable episode of the whole series.

I felt they wasted too much time on the older brother, his wimpiness was just getting annoying by the end.

agreed that Nate was a vulnerable and (intentionally) immature character but the way they concluded things with him was the best thing to do, and made perfect sense given his character's development.

HBO = The best thing that every happened to TV.

There was no room in my original list for these 3:

Sex and the City
Sopranos
Flight of the Conchords

I've recently also started following (off and on) the show Bored to Death. Cast is Ted Danson, Jason Schwartzman and Zach Galifidon'tknowhowtospellhislastname, the bearded dude from The Hangover. It's a really funny show.

19-20 ka farq hai :yk

what's the show about? sounds interesting.

NO.1

battlestar-galactica.jpg

No.2

lost.jpg

No.3

CapricaSoundtrackReview-thumb-400x400-21080.jpg

No.4

modern-family-on-dvd.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't followed the whole thing but basically Jason Schwartzman is a dude trying to write a novel and then his girlfriend breaks up with him in the 1st episode. He decides to offer his services on Craigslist as a private detective for hire and that leads him into contact with crooks and thugs and the underworld, etc. Zach G is his buddy and Ted Danson is sort of his mentor.

Lol not doing a good job of selling this. Plot is kinda silly but it works.

can anybody tell me the name of this show, and if yes, how is it?

Apparently there's a high school teacher, has a gambling / money problems, so he creates a meth lab in his chemistry class, something like that.

Apparently there's a high school teacher, has a gambling / money problems, so he creates a meth lab in his chemistry class, something like that.
The show is called Breaking Bad, aired on AMC. I haven't seen it but whoever has watched it only has good stuff to say about it.

BE has just started but the first 2 episodes are magnificent.

Breaking Bad, forgot to mention it and who can forget BG and Deadwood etc.

Difficult to limit it to just 5 but among the recent ones

(i) Lost
(ii) Prison Break
(iii) Supernatural
(iv) Big Bang theory
(v) How I met your mother

Honourary mentions
(i) Chuck
(ii) 2 and a half men
(iii) Friends (non recent)

Mine are:

Burn Notice
Chuck
Lie to Me
Modern Family
White Collar
Covert Affairs

for the record, I don't get how someone would stop watching a tv show because two guys kissed on it. it's amazing to me that things like that still happen. but last time we got into this, a seriously relevant debate got sadly deleted, so i'll shut up now.

I actually know a lot of gay guys, dont have any problem with them but i just cant see the stuff!

I am certainly out of touch with society.

There are loads of shows mentioned but hand on heart, I have only ever watched Top Gear and Master Chef and that too - very rarely.

I also enjoy Eastenders and thats about it apart from cricket and Boxing with the occasional footy.

The show is called Breaking Bad, aired on AMC. I haven't seen it but whoever has watched it only has good stuff to say about it.

that's the one, thanks D.

Breaking bad is quality - seen seasons 1 and 2, about to start watching 3

Just started watching The Event, that is a canny show so far

for the record, I don't get how someone would stop watching a tv show because two guys kissed on it. it's amazing to me that things like that still happen. but last time we got into this, a seriously relevant debate got sadly deleted, so i'll shut up now.

Would make sense if the act makes you feel sick. :yk

Simpsons
Family Guy
Big Bang Theory
Inbetweeners/Top Gear
Tom and Jerry (does that count) :))

HBO = The best thing that every happened to TV.

There was no room in my original list for these 3:

Sex and the City
Sopranos
Flight of the Conchords

I've recently also started following (off and on) the show Bored to Death. Cast is Ted Danson, Jason Schwartzman and Zach Galifidon'tknowhowtospellhislastname, the bearded dude from The Hangover. It's a really funny show.

HBO always come up with some excellent stuff. Eastbound and Down is pretty awesome. Very non-pc!

AMC is giving HBO some serious competition too. Mad Men, Breaking Bad and the new series Rubicon are all worth a watch.

Scrapheap Challenge :)

I used to like this program a lot. (Not sure if its still coming in UK).

Mad Men is OK, Breaking Bad is good, Boardwalk Empire has been rock solid so far.

I do not have any favorites , just see what is interesting on TV otherwise , turn off the tv :p Anybody watches or has watched Worst Scenario ? it is Bear Grylls new show . i saw it and found it really cool

Boardwalk Empire is class...

also started watchin Chuck which is ok..upto season 3 now

1920s USA, just when prohibition of alcohol started to take place, and the emergence of gangsters like Al Capone etc...

good show.

So if a person likes Godfather films then you would recommend this show?

Recent Ones (dont watch many)

Vampire Diaries
American Dad
X - Factor
Deadliest Warrior
South Park

OF ALL TIME (mostly anime because of epicness)

Dragonball Z
Digimon Season 1
South Park
The Simpsons
LOST

I recently started watching Dexter.

Awesome show so far. 3/4ths of the way through the 1st season.

Changed my top 5 shows since the last time

it's now:

big bang theory
house
how i met your mother
Desperate housewives

Started watching Dexter recently, it is immensely outstanding !!!

People Say Women Are Obsessed By Soap Operas But here guys are mostly preoccupied with idiot fantasy of novel or inspired from poem themes .....Just hate this type of things there are many thing to do in life beside this stuff.......I am sorry to say if i hurts any body feelings.

I didn't hate it as much as others did because I had a feeling it was going that way. I was just sad that it ended though ):.

I know that feeling mate --- it was my favourite too...

My list:
1. Lost
2. Fringe
3. Dexter
4. Prison Break
5. BSG

Anybody watches Khwaja Naveed Ki Adalat ? The judge is a pure legend . :)))

1. breaking bad
2. mad men
3. the wire
4. six feet under
5. peep show
6. spaced
7. curb/louie (new louis ck comedy. on par with curb if not better)
8. fraiser
9. oz
10. sapranos/carnivale/dexter(very inconsistent)/boardwalk empire

Last edited:
..and here's a list of PAK Tv Shows i like

1) Main Abdul Qadir Hoon
2)Quaid-e-Tanhai
3)Parsa

1. The office
2. House
3. That 70s show-re runs
4. White collar
5. Fresh prince- re runs

People who like office, nextflix has all of the seasons there :D

The shows I am currently watching

1) Breaking Bad
2) The Big Bang Theory
3) The Event
4) No Ordinary Family
5) How I Met Your Mother

Also Come Fly With Me deserves a mention even though it is a sketch show

The list isn't as good as it was a few years back when you had 24, Lost and Prison Break

I was just watching season 4, episode 7 of one tree hill, the one where Nathan spot fixes a basketball game and just couldn't help but crack a huge smile in the dark. Damn you Asif and Butta.

Last edited:
1. Star Trek : The Next Generation.
2. Yes Minister / Yes Prime Minister
3. Mahabharat
4. The X-Files
5. Coupling

1 - The Shield (totally awsome, but for some reason couldn't get into the Wire?)

2 - The Mighty Boosh (Can't begin to explain this, let's just say if your on drugs then the Boosh would seem normal :)) )

3 - Miami Vice (Need I say more! got the box set and have watched all epsiodes many a time, timeless)

4 - Married with Children (Al Bundy is a legend.... end of)

5 - Sunset Beach (Guilty pleasure of mine which nearlly resulted me in failing my college course as I used to watch it in the morning before leaving for college. Ahh those fake sets, fake acting and the women with their big ............ :)) )

Good TV Shows that you can recommend?

Hey guys,
So it is summer and university just ended and I have a lot of time on my hands. So, was just wondering if you guys could recommend some good TV shows (old or new) that I could follow. Some TV shows that I have liked in the past (and some are guilty pleasures) include Lost, Parks and Recreation, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, The Office, Fringe, Heroes (season 1), and yea..just to give an idea of type of shows that I like. If you could recommend thriller/mystery type shows (like The X-files) or Comedy programmes that would be great.

Also, any good Desi movies out recently? (By recently i mean anything after 3 idiots came out)

Thanks!

here are some shows i really liked over the past few years which i suggest you check out if you havent, if you dont mind downloading, streaming.

the wire, generational kill, band of brothers, and the kennedys.

The Event is the best thing I am watching right now, it started off decently BUT has gotten better as the series has went on. Looking at the type of shows you have watched in the past I think you will like this

Also have been watching Blue Bloods, which is a decent cop show

Another brilliant show is The Walking Dead - it was only 6 episodes and the second series starts later this year BUT it is quality. It is tells the story of a small group trying to survive after a Zombie outbreak

I second The Wire recommendation. Sopranos, Mad Men, Dexter. Have you checked out Community? Season 1 starts off slow but it really picks up, easily the best comedy on NBC, and that's saying alot.

Thanks gothamcronie118! Will look at the threads you posted.

And yes i follow Community LowkeyP as well! Can't wait for the finale! I watched Mad Men but got bored and couldn't get into Dexter for some reason. I will check out The Wire as most of you have recommended it and The Walking Dead seems interesting. Thanks ppl :)

Walking Dead is good, you should like the drama and suspense in it. 6 episodes makes it feel like a tease but its worth it in between school, I know how it is.

I just started the second season of Mad Men. I've heard it gets better and better so I'm giving it a shot, the season 1 finale had a lot of charm and heart to it so I'd say check it. Can't wait till Breaking bad comes back though.

Also, Boardwalk Empire. Hella slow but you should watch it, the payoff towards the latter end of the shows is well worth it.

Comedy:
Spaced (classic)
The Office (UK)
Scrubs
A bit of Fry and Laurie (classic x2)

Others:
House MD
Dexter

(Both used to be pretty good, but then it got boring, especially dexter)

LOST
The Wire
Dexter
Breaking Bad
The Office
Chuck
Outsourced
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The League
Heroes
Fringe

I have heard Archer, Arrested Development, Seinfield, Prison Break, and 24 are also worth watching. They're next on my list after I finish with Breaking Bad. Catching up now.

Back