TV Shows I Recommend

My taste in TV shows is legendary. I'm almost on TV snob level brah.

Ah well I only really watch 2 shows regularly...Midsomer Murders and Corner Gas.

And both have run their courses.

LOST
The Wire
Dexter
Breaking Bad
The Office
Chuck
Outsourced
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The League
Heroes
Fringe

I have heard Archer, Arrested Development, Seinfield, Prison Break, and 24 are also worth watching. They're next on my list after I finish with Breaking Bad. Catching up now.

I can't wait for Breaking Bad to come back this summer! Highly recommend Arrested Development.

Echo the Breaking Bad recommendations - it does not get the recognition it deserves. Brilliant acting by Bryan Cranston (the dad from Malcolm in the Middle) and also the guy that plays Jesse

The 4th season starts in July - can't wait

Echo the Breaking Bad recommendations - it does not get the recognition it deserves. Brilliant acting by Bryan Cranston (the dad from Malcolm in the Middle) and also the guy that plays Jesse

The 4th season starts in July - can't wait

I've been slightly disappointed just because I'm coming to it after LOST, Dexter, and the Wire but any show up against those 3 would seem boring.

I've been slightly disappointed just because I'm coming to it after LOST, Dexter, and the Wire but any show up against those 3 would seem boring.

Are you up to date with it? Since it gets better and better

BUT then again the acting has been brilliant from the start so if you don't think much of it doubt watching more of it will make a difference - each to their own BUT I think it is quality

Are you up to date with it? Since it gets better and better

BUT then again the acting has been brilliant from the start so if you don't think much of it doubt watching more of it will make a difference - each to their own BUT I think it is quality

I'm about 3 episodes into the 3rd season. The acting has been brilliant.

You're only 3 episodes into season 3? lol you're disappointment will go away soon enough. Season 3 of BB is up there with anything I've seen on LOST or The Wire. Any season of BB > Dexter

You're only 3 episodes into season 3? lol you're disappointment will go away soon enough. Season 3 of BB is up there with anything I've seen on LOST or The Wire. Any season of BB > Dexter

No way BB Season 1 or BB Season 2 is > Dexter Season 4. No way.

Really? Season 4 was top notch but I'd much rather watch season 2 of BB. Differing tastes I guess BUT in any case, BB season 3 is where stuff pops off.

Wait till you watch episodes like 'One Minute', 'Half Measures', 'Full Measures', and a few others. They really took it to a different level.

I find Dexter to be a pretty overrated show anyways. Season 5 of Dexter was downright awful in my opinion, self contained seasons are always terrible.

The overall quality has gone down from last year.
The shows i currently watch as of now

The Big Bang Theory
30Rock
Bones
Chuck
Doctor Who
Mythbusters
Sanctuary
Supernatural

Can't wait for Torchwood and Breaking Bad to return.

'The Walking Dead' - If you're a huge zombie fan ... (like me)
Great production, direction, acting, script and storyline.
I watched the pilot episode and got hooked, ended up watching the whole season in one night!!!
Other great TV shows (mainly sitcoms)
Scrubs
Big Bang Theory
Psych
and finally.....
***THE SIMPSONS***

no one watches glee? :p i recommend modern family, big bang theory, how i met your mother. Air craft investigations is a pretty good show to for any airplane freaks :akhtar

Just started watching Community - I am up to Episode 15 now

The show is all about Chevy Chase imo - take him out and it becomes average BUT he is class, has me in stitches

Also on Episode 4 of The Wire Season 3 - brilliant show

K Im in love with Game of Thrones..

it has quickly become one of the best shows ive seen.. highly recommended

Shows I watched :

Lost-- Brilliant-- Must watch

Greys Anatomy -- Was good first 4/5 seasons and then too much melodrama..but I want to how those characters end..so continued seeing ..seventh season ended a couple of weeks back. People like drama with medicine-- go for it!!

All seasons of 24-- Some are amazing..some good!! its a great show

Prison Break -- Great series!!!

Dexter and Modern family are awesome too

Office, Freinds, Everybody loves raymonds, two and half men are good sitcoms..

Presently watching Scrubs and the House. Freind of mine suggested break out kings....

Merlin,
go watch it and you will be addicted as such that you will never stop watching until you end the 2nd season. The third one isnt out yet i think

Just started watching Community - I am up to Episode 15 now

The show is all about Chevy Chase imo - take him out and it becomes average BUT he is class, has me in stitches

Also on Episode 4 of The Wire Season 3 - brilliant show

Nah trust me, they really develop everybody else a lot more as you go on. Chevy's hilarious but the antics between Troy and Abed (especially his own adventures) are great. Alison Brie is great too, Jeff provides the sarcasm and Britta is just kind of there. Huge fan of the show, some of the references might go over your head since it's not a British show.

Game of Thrones is amazing. I love this show like no tomorrow. Can't wait for season 4 of Breaking Bad and the last season of Entourage to start too. Will be a good July.

Nah trust me, they really develop everybody else a lot more as you go on. Chevy's hilarious but the antics between Troy and Abed (especially his own adventures) are great. Alison Brie is great too, Jeff provides the sarcasm and Britta is just kind of there. Huge fan of the show, some of the references might go over your head since it's not a British show.

Game of Thrones is amazing. I love this show like no tomorrow. Can't wait for season 4 of Breaking Bad and the last season of Entourage to start too. Will be a good July.

Yeah I do like the Troy and Abed antics, the things they do at the end of the episodes are class

Yeah some of the stuff I don't get, mainly when they name drop since I don't know who the US celebs are BUT still overall I like it

Entourage..cant waiittt

so I started watching Chuck...couldn't stand the first 6 episodes but 7 onwards it became enjoyable.

the blonde is just so....................................................................wow.

so I started watching Chuck...couldn't stand the first 6 episodes but 7 onwards it became enjoyable.

the blonde is just so....................................................................wow.

season 1 is good.. but u wont last long.. it becomes tooo repetitive every episode after season 2...

The Shield, The Sopranos, The Wire, 24, Alias, Arrested Development, Friends, Scrubs ......... All awesome shows

yawn, amazing, very good, amazing, gay, lame, super gay, funny.

No Ordinary Family

No%2BOrdinary%2BFamily.jpg

Stargate Universe (Recommended)

What a bad ending of the show because it was cancelled.

SGU+Team.jpg

Fringe

fringe.jpg

Pakistani Shows

Khudda aur Muhabbat
Sadia khan is so :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Khuda-Aur-Mohabbat.jpg

Mastana Mahi

mustana-mahi-main.jpg

Pul Sirat

pulesirat-main.jpg

never heard of it.

last Pak show that I truly followed was Rubber Band.

Yes! Chuck is a awesome.

Anyone watched Falling Skies - it started this Sunday gone with a 2 hour premiere. Spielberg is an executive producer on the show

The plot is best described by Wikipedia

Falling Skies tells the story of the aftermath of an alien invasion that not only neutralizes the worlds power grid, but also destroys the combined militaries of the worlds countries in a very short (less than a days) time. it is alluded that over 90% of the worlds human population is killed within a few days. The story picks up 6 months later and follows a group of survivors who must band together in order to fight back against the invading aliens. The group, known as the Second Massachusetts, is led by Boston University history professor Tom Mason who, while in search of his son, must put his extensive knowledge of military history into practice as one of the leaders of the resistance movement

It is somewhat similar to The Walking Dead in that a group is out to survive, obviously one is Aliens and the other Zombies

I really liked it. It was somewhat cheesy (typical American style) and cliched (typical American style) BUT still a strong enough show - will certainly keep watching it

Falling skies seems like a bad walking dead ripoff just substitute aliens for zombies.

^^ I was going to give it a shot, is it that bad? I've heard good reviews so far.

if you have seen walking dead and are into it, falling skies would seem like" been there done there", very similar premise but no comparison in terms of the storyline and build up/characterization..

on its own its mediocre , the second half of the 2 hour premiere episode was better than the first though..

game of thrones, brill stuff, what ever happened to the game of thrones thread on PP? thanks for recco

TV shows I watch presently include Supernatural , HIMYM , Californication , Two and a Half Men and ocassional sitcom ru-runs on tv ( Seinfeld, King of Queens , etc ).

If any of you guys are into a really good spy drama...less on action there is a great show from the 70s a lot of people dont know about called The Sandbaggers.

You can find it on a lot of websites....same with a great miniseries for the famous Tailor Tinker Solider Spy novel staring Alec Guinness.

What are some really good tv shows going around?

The edge-of-the-seat thriller/adventure kind - not the lame How i met your mother type. Something in the mould of lost or Prison break. Any suggestions?

Breaking Bad -- one of Best TV shows ever..completed 4 seasons .....5th season will be the last..

Lol...How do people even watch the show. After all the hype..I tried to watch it as nextflix had it....As DUMB as anything can get!!!!!!!!

How the hell did you even watch Breaking Bad if you can't detect level 1 sarcasm?

Try Dexter, The Walking Dead, Fringe (if you like SiFi)

I'd recommend skipping season 5 of Dexter since it's pointless.

And ugh, Fringe went downhill this season. It's like they're trying to attract new viewers which is strange since it's season 4. Pretty big fan of the show but the future looks lacklustre.

Dexter, Breaking Bad.

Suits and Person of Interest are pretty good.

Plus, there are the funny ones like Modern Family, The Office and Community.

Last edited:
I'd recommend skipping season 5 of Dexter since it's pointless.

And ugh, Fringe went downhill this season. It's like they're trying to attract new viewers which is strange since it's season 4. Pretty big fan of the show but the future looks lacklustre.

Which one was season 5, the one with trinity killer or is it this season, haven't watched the current season so far. Fringe this season was like a mini season, not too many episodes.

Back