TV Shows I Recommend

When is Sherlock season 3 starting, I actually think it's better than the movies. So hooked in to it, shame it doesn't have more episodes.

O man........SPARTACUS is brilliant....especially Season 1 and 3

brilliantly fighting scene..............and some sexy times :asif, so not a family show

up there with the best

Prison Break (season 1)
Games of thrones (season 1)
DEXTER
Walking Dead

Hello PP!

I come to you today with a request for assistance... in choosing a new series!

The following are the shows I watch/watched (depending on if they've ended or not).

Some of my fav shows:

Game of Thrones
Dexter
Chuck
The Walking Dead
How I Met Your Mother
Futurama
Homeland
Supernatural
Smallville
Reaper

Based on this list what show do you think I will enjoy? I'm thinking 24 or prison break at the moment. Maybe house?

Last edited:
Thanks LS.

I watch big bang theory but more of a side show, not something I'd watch seriously.

Prison break seems to be next on the list for now... heard 24 is a very good show as well.

p.s. I watch shows when I eat so that's why I get through so many.

Don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread before but I can not recommend Boston Legal enough. Its not terribly realistic(some of the cases and their outcomes are downright farcical) but it's great entertainment nonetheless. Hadn't seen it for a while so watched all five seasons in a week long marathon and it was still great. Alan Shore is basically a less loud/confrontational, more eloquent and better educated version of me(minus all the 'encounters' with the ladies. I certainly never had anywhere near as many) so I can sort of relate to it but most people will find something or someone in the show that they can relate to given the sheer number of characters and all the events going on at the same time.

watch all sherlock 2010 series episodes. Brilliant show. Season 2 was awesome. Eps 1 and especially Eps 3 was far much than the movies. Far superior.

Good Documentary:
Obsession - Radical Islam's War Against the West
[utube]AediQLpoGGM[/utube]

the shield

spartacus

true blood

firefly(spectacular show by joss whedon who made the awesome avengers. idiot fox cancelled it after just 1 season)

Criminal minds

Last edited:
the shield

spartacus

true blood

firefly(spectacular show by joss whedon who made the awesome avengers. idiot fox cancelled it after just 1 season)

Criminal minds

Amazing show indeed. very underrated. You have to watch all the episodes in the correct order to fully appreciate it. That was it's downfall (fox never really gave it a chance by airing episodes in the wrong order!!!)

i've watched Prison Break again Season 1 + 2.....now on season 3...

its more epic than ever

T-Bag :)))

Amazing show indeed. very underrated. You have to watch all the episodes in the correct order to fully appreciate it. That was it's downfall (fox never really gave it a chance by airing episodes in the wrong order!!!)

YEP Fox does that. takes good shows screws around with them and then cancels them.

firefly, FAMILY GUY, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!!!!!

My Last two weeks have been filled with Game of thrones from 1st season....Saw 9th episode yesterday....!!

Now, I need to start an another show...I saw people discussion about spartacus in the game of thrones thread..

Is it good? as good as game of thrones...??

My Last two weeks have been filled with Game of thrones from 1st season....Saw 9th episode yesterday....!!

Now, I need to start an another show...I saw people discussion about spartacus in the game of thrones thread..

Is it good? as good as game of thrones...??

Not the same class as GOT, but its really good. I did, what you did, for the 1st season, and as it ended I needed to watch something else. I decided to go for spartacus since it was recommended to me by a friend. At first, I thought it would be a dumb version of GOT, but it gets better and better and there's no story dragging, and way more action.

Go for it!

can anyone recommend any good british series or shows apart from the cr@p eastenders or other types like that.

Spartacus
Games of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Modern Family
The Big Bang Theory
Stargate Universe

I miss startgate universe the most, i do not know why they cancelled it,

Big Bang Theory, The Inbetweeners, Family Guy, Russel Howards good news.

Hello PP!

I come to you today with a request for assistance... in choosing a new series!

The following are the shows I watch/watched (depending on if they've ended or not).

Some of my fav shows:

Game of Thrones
Dexter
Chuck
The Walking Dead
How I Met Your Mother
Futurama
Homeland
Supernatural
Smallville
Reaper

Based on this list what show do you think I will enjoy? I'm thinking 24 or prison break at the moment. Maybe house?

reaper is still on ?

So trying to kill time these days, any good TV Shows?

Here are the one's I've seen and personally recommend off the top of my head:

Dexter
Breaking Bad
GoT
How I Met Your Mother
Family Guy
Sherlock (BBC not the American one :facepalm:)
Chuck
Community
The Walking Dead

Here are the one's I've seen and personally recommend off the top of my head:

Dexter
Breaking Bad
GoT
How I Met Your Mother
Family Guy
Sherlock (BBC not the American one :facepalm:)
Chuck
Community
The Walking Dead

I have watched all the shows on your list! Since our choice seems similar, I'd recommend Homeland and Suits as your next shows.

I have watched all the shows on your list! Since our choice seems similar, I'd recommend Homeland and Suits as your next shows.

Haha I actually forgot to mention Homeland - I'm on episode 6 :afridi

If you like Suits, I recommend Boston Legal (Got cancelled but was the prime law show back in the day).

Just started watching 'Mad Men', one word AWESOME, cant believe no ones recommended it so far.

Aamir Liaquat's Ramadhan show in Geo TV and Astaghfaar with Veena Malik on Hero TV :yk

Breaking Bad

White Collar

Game of Thrones

How i Met Your Mother

The Big Bang Theory

DEXTER

PS: Spartacus if u want Pran and Violence rolled into one :akhtar

LOL, no-one mentioned any Indian/Pakistani Dramay.
I do sometimes watch Bulbulay...

No StarPlus fans here :23:

Just started watching 'Mad Men', one word AWESOME, cant believe no ones recommended it so far.

Mad Men is a brilliant show but not exactly everyone's cup of tea!! Bit arty, but great stories and amazing production quality. I enjoy the show a lot but my partner hates it.

The Newsroom.

Sorkin does it again.

For me the best TV show broadcasting at the moment.

I have got season 1 DVD of Lost from my friend. Heard great stuff about it. Is it recommended???

When is Sherlock season 3 starting, I actually think it's better than the movies. So hooked in to it, shame it doesn't have more episodes.

i thought the first film was overated and poor - havent seen the second one yet. Benedict Cumberbatch is wonderful in the role - he would make a great doctor who!

i think the problem with having more episodes is co-reater steven moffat is heavily involved with doctor who and the actors themselves have film commitments e.g. hobbit

Last edited:
i thought the first film was overated and poor - havent seen the second one yet. Benedict Cumberbatch is wonderful in the role - he would make a great doctor who!

i think the problem with having more episodes is co-reater steven moffat is heavily involved with doctor who and the actors themselves have film commitments e.g. hobbit

Ya would've loved more episodes. First film achieved what it set out to I thought and was pretty engaging especially the chemistry between Jude and Robert but the second one was pretty crap.

Mad Men is a brilliant show but not exactly everyone's cup of tea!! Bit arty, but great stories and amazing production quality. I enjoy the show a lot but my partner hates it.

For me the best TV show broadcasting at the moment.

Yep its aimed towards the creative crowd, people in marketing, advertsing, madison avenue type will love this.

Don't waste your time watching Lost, I'm going to save you many hours of your life that you will never get back!

Worst ending ever!

Gets you hooked from the start and if your thinking that they will explain the weirdness think again.

IMO the best british drama had to be Spooks, they have stopped airing it but well worth watching !

Hustle anyone?, i know the last couple weren't as good. The cons got a bit unrealistic but still a top class series overall.

I also like House MD :)

Veiled in Vapour - Steam Loco era of Indian railways

by Gilbert Loreaux and Mukul Mangalik. (1996)

The film captures the last run of a steam hauled service on the Ahmedabad - Udaipur section. A must watch for any steam lover.

[utube]bIpekofg6ug[/utube]

It is really interesting for people who loves railways.

Last edited:
I have heard it gets bad after Season 3 or so. Season 1 has been spectacular so far. Dude FTW!!!!

Yeah it does slow down a bit..but once you pull through till the last few episodes you expect a LOT more than what you end up with!!

Finally got down to watching Breaking Bad...just finished Season 1...

SPOILERS

Walt is a G...the manner in which he got the money back from Tuco was brilliant...really good show...really like how Walt's character has developed...

Finally got down to watching Breaking Bad...just finished Season 1...

SPOILERS

Walt is a G...the manner in which he got the money back from Tuco was brilliant...really good show...really like how Walt's character has developed...

In that case you'll love the next few seasons even more.

Back