TV Shows I Recommend

Crassus is a supremely brilliant villain.
His retarded son, with his closet BFF, less so.

My current watch list is mainly US cable shows, I find them to be better of much better quality than the shows on the regular networks:
- Arrow
- Boardwalk Empire
- Breaking Bad
- Californication
- Dexter
- Game of Thrones
- Homeland
- Revenge
- Shameless (UK and US)
- Spartacus
- Supernatural
- The Walking Dead
- Top Gear

Last edited:
Batiatus was brilliant too in the prequel and the first season.:lee

I agree. Mainly because actor playing him was basically comic relief in The Mummy :afridi.

His retarded son, with his closet BFF, less so.

The son is a little cocky but he did manage to hold his own against a lot of stronger fighters. Besides, Caesar comes across as a massive jerk with a horrible fetish.

The son is a little cocky but he did manage to hold his own against a lot of stronger fighters.
He's a power hungry brat with no tactical acumen whatsoever. Like a typical twerp going through puberty, he tries too hard to prove himself.

Jo_Don's list contains almost all the shows I watch. I don't watch comedies though for some weird reason.

Oh God I wished I hadn't read about the Red Wedding :facepalm:

Californication is really good . I am watching "The Killing" these days. 5 episodes. So far so good. The background music was awesome. Some Tabla beats were there.

Jo_Don did you watch Lost? Arguably the best show of all time. The ending was debatable but it didn't cheat.

Haha yeah Mr Eko eyeballing Smokey was pure telemagic. Terry O'Quinn playing both Locke and MIB in the same episode was pretty awesome as well.

Terry O' Quinn was brilliant, Locke was my favorite character because of the way he portrayed him. Even when he played the MIB, it was hard not to like him!

Channel 4 in the UK is on FIRE at the moment.

3 Fantastic shows

1. Black Mirror - On tonight. Must watch, this show is at times pure genius
2. Utopia - From Wiki : The story follows a small group of people who find themselves in possession of a manuscript of a cult graphic novel called "The Utopia Experiments", which is rumoured to have predicted the worst disasters of the last century. This leads them to be targeted by a government organisation known only as 'The Network', which they must avoid to survive.

Its a lovely show really well made and full of cartoon style violence which I love

3 - Complicit - The Guardian review Complicit is a classy piece of work, a tense, stifling, understated, intelligent thriller, beautifully performed, beautifully crafted and beautiful to look at (not just David O's pecs). It also asks questions about whether it's sometimes OK to do something bad in order to prevent something worse happening. In other words: is torture ever justified? This is not a world of good guys and bad guys, right and wrong, black and white; it's a more difficult place. Again, it feels like the real world. And this feels like television for now.

Seriously these shows are up their with the Americans. I highly recommend them particularly Utopia and Black mirror.

City Hunter's a good show...my first Korean drama...the country really is an impressive place...

Its music industry is booming, its movies are known as some of the best in the world and its dramas are the most popular in the Far East and South East Asia...

For a country that was poorer than Somalia after the Korean war they have really bounced back well...

I Sky+d Complicit, looks immense...no spoilers please :D

Channel 4 in the UK is on FIRE at the moment.

3 Fantastic shows

1. Black Mirror - On tonight. Must watch, this show is at times pure genius
2. Utopia - From Wiki : The story follows a small group of people who find themselves in possession of a manuscript of a cult graphic novel called "The Utopia Experiments", which is rumoured to have predicted the worst disasters of the last century. This leads them to be targeted by a government organisation known only as 'The Network', which they must avoid to survive.

Its a lovely show really well made and full of cartoon style violence which I love

3 - Complicit - The Guardian review Complicit is a classy piece of work, a tense, stifling, understated, intelligent thriller, beautifully performed, beautifully crafted and beautiful to look at (not just David O's pecs). It also asks questions about whether it's sometimes OK to do something bad in order to prevent something worse happening. In other words: is torture ever justified? This is not a world of good guys and bad guys, right and wrong, black and white; it's a more difficult place. Again, it feels like the real world. And this feels like television for now.

Seriously these shows are up their with the Americans. I highly recommend them particularly Utopia and Black mirror.

Gonna check these out...

Utopia is sick as in awesome
What's the one channel 4 are advertising with the terrorist interrogation thing ?

Utopia is sick as in awesome
What's the one channel 4 are advertising with the terrorist interrogation thing ?

Complicit.

Highly recommend episode 2 of Black Mirror. None of the episodes are connected so you dont need to have sen previous.

Perhaps the best 1 off episode of anything I've seen. Fantastic twists and turns that keep you guessing and the show has a real message behind it.

Watched first episode of Killing couple of days back...it was good ....

I am like into 9 episodes. Still great going. Picked up the tempo. So far everyone has acted their part really well. Let's see who has murdered that college girl.

I'm not going to admit it to everyone I know but:

I watched first season of Downton Abbey and I looooooooooooove it.

It started a new cycle of me doing posh english accents in the shower ala ''Papa, What happened to Mister Pamuk'' :p

Yep already 2 episodes have been aired, Troy & Abed in the moooorning :D

Thanks, very tempted to watch it, but I don't have time. :( May be tonight, while taking dinner.

Just finished the show I mentioned before called 'Utopia' and I must say its the best show I've seen in a very long time (I've just recently finished Homeland and that was excellent).

Its very colourful, at times very violent and the plot centres around a conspiracy theory with countless twists and turns, not knowing who is the goodie and the baddy and at the centre a very strong and perhaps realistic moral dilemma involving the future of mankind.

The show also puts children at the centre of violence and 2 of the main characters embroiled in the turmoil of the show are 11 years old.

Fantastic stuff from channel4 and a tick in the box for British TV. Highly recommend it. Last weeks episode of Black Mirror and the 6 episodes of this show indicate that the Brits really are giving the Americans a run for their money.

Last edited:
The killing, done with season 1, really nice. Kept the suspence through out. Looking foward to watching season 2.

Just finished the show I mentioned before called 'Utopia' and I must say its the best show I've seen in a very long time (I've just recently finished Homeland and that was excellent).

Its very colourful, at times very violent and the plot centres around a conspiracy theory with countless twists and turns, not knowing who is the goodie and the baddy and at the centre a very strong and perhaps realistic moral dilemma involving the future of mankind.

The show also puts children at the centre of violence and 2 of the main characters embroiled in the turmoil of the show are 11 years old.

Fantastic stuff from channel4 and a tick in the box for British TV. Highly recommend it. Last weeks episode of Black Mirror and the 6 episodes of this show indicate that the Brits really are giving the Americans a run for their money.

Will check this out soon.

Been watching the X-Files these days. A kind of precursor to supernatural in some ways. Cool show.

Started this. First two episodes out of the way. I was hooked from the first five or so minutes. Such a different concept. Adeel Akhtar is amazing in it.

Very stylishly made as well. Too bad its only 6 eps.

Btw DV - where is Jessica Hyde?

I know Suits is over rated but people saying White Collar is better? Really? I've seen two eps and hasn't set the world on fire for me.

X-Files is pretty good. Especially the episode ice, brilliant homage to the thing-a movie which I consider better than Alien. However, X-files has been copied, ripped off, spoofed so much, don't know if many people will enjoy it as much.

Started this. First two episodes out of the way. I was hooked from the first five or so minutes. Such a different concept. Adeel Akhtar is amazing in it.

What's Utopia about?

Some of the torture scenes are just :heart:

The torturers are so far away from the normal TV stereotype too, especially the fat one.

Anybody watched the Shield? Up there with the Wire or the Sopranos for me. The sheer tension in some of the later seasons is unbelievable.

My top3 among current shows would be Luther, Downton Abbey and Game of Thrones.

Not a huge fan of Breaking Bad, less said about Dexter the better.

Sitcoms are not what they used to be. I guess tbbt or himym, but nothing special.

Anybody watched the Shield? Up there with the Wire or the Sopranos for me. The sheer tension in some of the later seasons is unbelievable.

Pretty good show, on season 2 right now and it's getting a lot better. I personally believe that FXs follow up show, Sons of Anarchy, is much better though. They share some similarities as one of the directors of the Shield went on to make SoA and most of the cast of the shield stars in SoA as well (mostly minor roles).

Last edited:
Some of the torture scenes are just :heart:

The torturers are so far away from the normal TV stereotype too, especially the fat one.

Yeap, which is why my wife couldn't watch it past ep 2.

What's Utopia about?

A graphic novel that has predicted world events in the past and possibly future events. Some forum members get a hold of it, and are chased by people known only as "The Network".

A masterpiece show. Gets better with every season. Really draining sometimes too. Last episode of the show was perfection.

I'm not going to admit it to everyone I know but:

I watched first season of Downton Abbey and I looooooooooooove it.

It started a new cycle of me doing posh english accents in the shower ala ''Papa, What happened to Mister Pamuk'' :p

Don't be shy, I just finished season 3. It's not bad, season 1 was probably the best

Don't be shy, I just finished season 3. It's not bad, season 1 was probably the best

People tend to think it's boring and confuse it with American-type tragedies.

I finished season 1 but couldn't find time for the rest looking at the length of the episodes. Waiting for holidays :)

British TV is definitely on par with US one, except for mega-productions like GoT.

People tend to think it's boring and confuse it with American-type tragedies.

I finished season 1 but couldn't find time for the rest looking at the length of the episodes. Waiting for holidays :)

British TV is definitely on par with US one, except for mega-productions like GoT.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised myself. This series reminds me of an Anthony Hopkins movie called 'Remains of the day' based on the life of a butler and the staff working in one of those mansions pre WWII. One of my favorite movies. The amazing thing I always find in these kind of stories is the devotion and loyalty of the head servants for their master. Also the hierarchy that existed in the servant class and how they protected and fought for closeness to their masters is quite fascinating. In all its probably a glossed up version of the social structure that existed in those times. An interesting indulgence nervertheless.

Let's see I would recommend game of thrones, breaking bad, the walking dead, the wire, homeland, boardwalk empire, survivor, apprentice. Just most of the usual culprits :jf

they are airing one tree hill in India starting from season one on star world..I m in love with this show

OK, after 3 episodes I've given up on White Collar.

It makes me cringe at how badly it is written at times.

Such a boring show. No stakes - you don't care for any of the characters. 3 hours of my life I won't get back.

Cant wait for sherlock season three.
The opening episode of season 2 " The scandal in belgravia " was just mindblowing stuff , irene adler , what an attractive character .

Another british show id recommend is " coupling " , its a must watch for comedy fans .
steven moffat is a genious .

Cant wait for sherlock season three.
The opening episode of season 2 " The scandal in belgravia " was just mindblowing stuff , irene adler , what an attractive character .

Another british show id recommend is " coupling " , its a must watch for comedy fans .
steven moffat is a genious .

Have to agree that Season Two Episode 1 was absolutely brilliant. Best episode of the show to my mind.

At the end....the code...bit of genius there.

I watched a couple of episodes of the US version...'Elementary'. Not a patch on the BBC one. 40 minute episodes. 20 episode seasons. Sacrificing quality for quantity.

Great acting but I thought a few scenes were over the top at times... Still a very very good show... Watched all episodes on a single day :msd

Haha that's some dedication, Best thing is when he talks to the audience 1-to-1. I'm going to go slow until Game of Thrones returns.

Haha that's some dedication, Best thing is when he talks to the audience 1-to-1. I'm going to go slow until Game of Thrones returns.

I started watching Six Feet Under.. Couple of episodes left in season 2. Will finish remaining 2 seasons by the time winter comes

Just finished Utopia.

Amazing.

Adeel Akhtar was brilliant in it.

Such an intricately crafted plot that raises some pretty serious questions about mankind's future. And very stylishly made.

Pity about the annoying fat girl.

Anyone watch Mad Men? I watched first ep and found it so ridiculously boring... honestly couldn't care less about some cigarette advertising company. How has it been nominated for so many emmys?

Is Boardwalk Empire good? Another show that was nominated for a lot of emmys last year

Watching the shield atm... deciding between Boardwalk Empire, newsroom and downtown abbey for next series

Last edited:
Anyone watch Mad Men? I watched first ep and found it so ridiculously boring... honestly couldn't care less about some cigarette advertising company. How has it been nominated for so many emmys?

Is Boardwalk Empire good? Another show that was nominated for a lot of emmys last year

Watching the shield atm... deciding between Boardwalk Empire, newsroom and downtown abbey for next series

Yeah Boardwalk Empire is pretty good.

Downton Abbey ftw.

Mad Men is the only show I've seen that has made me want to drink alcohol and smoke.

Dexter is the only show I have seen that has made me want to...Oh wait :yk

It's simple, you cut off the leg and the arms then open the abdomen and take out the organs you need, before marinating the whole in a casserole with a bit of salt and a lot of peritoneal liquid that burst out when you opened the abdomen due to negative press... Oh you're talking about meth...

It's simple, you cut off the leg and the arms then open the abdomen and take out the organs you need, before marinating the whole in a casserole with a bit of salt and a lot of peritoneal liquid that burst out when you opened the abdomen due to negative press... Oh you're talking about meth...

I like the sound of it, casseroles you say, I'd love to get my hands in to it literally, meth can wait :asif

Back