TV Shows I Recommend

Finished season 2 of Breaking Bad...

Better than season 1...SPOILERS...

Development of Walt and Pinkmans trade and all the pitfalls that come with it...the stuff with Tuco was great as is the slimy new lawyer Saul...always happy to see Giancarlo Esposito...will say the final scene was a little annoying considering how much teasing that pink teddy intro was...for it to be the result of a plane crash caused by Jane's dad was a bit ridiculous...still doesn't take away from what has been a good season with Walt's confidence growing more and more...3 more seasons to catch up on...

My list, and I apologize if I have mentioned these before:

Homeland
Revenge
Fringe
Revolution
Grimm

Some others I watch from time to time:
Arrow
Beauty and the Beast
The Big bang Theory

though the ending was rubbish I still love LOST...was quite a journey.

The scene where Mr. Eko eyeballs the smoke monster is the single greatest moment in television history rivaled only by Dutch spectacularly owning a smug serial killer in The Shield.

[utube]Sp6R2U7AwYI[/utube]

Epic scene. Simply superb. in context, it becomes even more awesome.

Lost season 4 done and dusted. Slightly uneven the season. But Martin Keamy was a terrifyingly bad guy. Great villain!

Suits is definitely worth it. I'm still watching Season 1, but it's pretty good so far.

Friday night dinner on channel 4. Very simple show. Family comes round for dinner every week and all sorts of jokes are cracked.

Its a bit like a funnier more adult version of the BBC show outnumbered.

The way that the two 20 year old sons suddenly turn into bickering children when they enter their parents house is an experience we have all had at family gatherings with our siblings and cousins!

[utube]v6ciY8u04Kk[/utube]
Watched this earlier today. Pretty interesting watch. :ahmed

Friday night dinner on channel 4. Very simple show. Family comes round for dinner every week and all sorts of jokes are cracked.

Its a bit like a funnier more adult version of the BBC show outnumbered.

The way that the two 20 year old sons suddenly turn into bickering children when they enter their parents house is an experience we have all had at family gatherings with our siblings and cousins!

lol wilson

I have been watching Prison Break i recommend it its really good

anyone watch ripper street on BBC ?
I want to watch it but i also don't want to waste my time although i do find the Jack the Ripper mystery intriguing .

Finished Dexter..

any recommendations?????

friend suggested Rome..anybody seen it here?

^^^ Completed all the three !!!!! Thanks though....

I am deciding between Rome...or Spartacus or West Wing!!

which one is better?any idea?

EXTRAS....first season.... finished it a couple of days ago , awesome comedy series.

Highly recommend it.

LUTHER is another one that I have watched recently....pretty decent show....detective luther was just pure awesome.

Its weird how shows like How I Met Your Mother, and The Big Bang Theory have completely fallen away. Under pressure I guess by executives to 'long out' the plotline in order to fit in more seasons, and more money. Sad.

Suits is pretty cool so far. Started Homeland and Parks of Recreation not too long ago. Enjoying them so far.

Modern Family is pretty decent.

The best TV shows in recent times have, surprisingly come from the BBC. I think Luther, and particularly Sherlock were the best shows on TV. Dread to think how the Americans have adapted it to suit their...'taste'.

^^^ Completed all the three !!!!! Thanks though....

I am deciding between Rome...or Spartacus or West Wing!!

which one is better?any idea?

Haven't seen the other two, but Spartacus is entertaining. Very violent and lot of sexual content. Good acting and story. Recommended!

can any body please recommend me really good TV shows on the lines of

- the game of thrones
-breaking bad
-firefly
-the wire
-the walking dead

etc

im dying here

I have heard the OZ program Underbelly is similar to the wire.
Any one seen it and is it worth watching.

Never mind the cartoon version, seriously just download the original Ricky Gervais/Stephen Merchant/Karl Pilkington radio recordings and podcasts. Some of the funniest things ever.

Twin Peaks-One of the greatest shows ever. So freakin' original.

Lost-I can't forget this show. Finished 6 seasons in 1.5 months. Ridiculously quick by my standards.

The Shield-Hardcore realism mixed with suspenseful scenes. One of the most evil protagonists ever. But still you care a bit for the guy.

Takeshi's Castle-One of the best. Helped me recover from a very tough spot in my life.

FULLY recommend::
Spartacus
Game of Thrones
Dexter
Prison Break
The Walking Dead
Homeland

kinda recommend:
last resort
fringe
Arrow
Person of Interest
Weeds

and

The Jersey Shore.......ofcourse :asadrauf

Last edited:
Started watching Derek starring Ricky Gervais and also with Karl Pilkington, about a guy working in a care home.

Gervais plays the part really well despite getting flak from the media as they feel he is making fun of the disabled. The show is not laugh out loud funny but quite entertaining.

The best humour is usually unintentional in real life by people who have no idea how funny they are and thats exactly what Derek and the other characters are like.

anyone watch ripper street on BBC ?
I want to watch it but i also don't want to waste my time although i do find the Jack the Ripper mystery intriguing .

Havent seen it but people at work claim its a top show. Its on my watch list.

My list (Bolded = not mentioned before:

The Mentalist - Simon Baker is absolutely fantastic. Watch it just for him. If you like Psych, you'll love this show.

Dexter

Supernatural

Walking Dead

Game of thrones

Alphas - X-men flavored. Much better than Heroes. May get cancelled though :(

Arrow - Best superhero show on tv right now. Guy's acting takes a bit getting used to but the cast is strong and there are quite a bit twists and turns.

Lost

Takeshi's Castle

Yup, the mentalist is awesome!

Jane is getting pretty close to finding Red John!

Psych is a funny show...like Monk too in the comedy crime genre...

Breaking Bad, The Wire, Oz, The Shield, 24, Homeland instantly come to mind...I still need to see the Sopranos in order...I've seen odd episodes here and there...

Sky Atlantic is showing Seinfeld these days which I'm happy about...such a class show...

Some foreign shows I've enjoyed 'The Killing' , Matroesjka, The Bridge...

UK is good for comedies...Peep Show, The Inbetweeners, Drop The Dead Donkey among others...

I have it on good authority that Korea's dramas are as good as its movies so theres a few shows from there I'm planning to check out...

Last edited:
Is broadwalk empire any good...a friend of mine offered me to give his first season dvd's as he is done with it...reviews semm good !!!

anybody seen it?

Haven't seen it but it was developed by martin scorsese. So probably must be good.

Spartacus is actually a really well written show with a lot of depth and great acting. There is so much sex and violence though that people tend to overlook the writing and acting which is top quality. Shock value can only get you so far.

Besides, Julius Caesar is appearing on the show currently and he is weird.

Haven't seen it but it was developed by martin scorsese. So probably must be good.

Spartacus is actually a really well written show with a lot of depth and great acting. There is so much sex and violence though that people tend to overlook the writing and acting which is top quality. Shock value can only get you so far.

Besides, Julius Caesar is appearing on the show currently and he is weird.

I tried watching spartacus immediately after game of thrones second season.....but the blood and scenes looked too fake for me after game of thrones which had very real violence..may be i was GOT hangover then...will try to rewatch dem !!

Last edited:
Spartacus is brilliant.........love that show.........9/10

Arrow is good..7/10

Big Bang Theory is the amriki best comedy show i've ever seen 9/10

Person of Interest.............6.5/10

I highly recommend a show called 'Banshee', it's pretty badass, just have a look at 'Sheriff Hood VS champ Damien Sanchez' on YouTube and judge for yourself.

I am too much into detective stuff. I watched Granada Tv series of Sherlock holmes....all stories by Conan doyle were made into the series....really loved it. Jeremy Brett was a great actor. Can anyone recommend me TV series on the same theme? Like some detective work involved?

I watch it..good show..got to admit the lead girl is one of the most beautiful faces I have ever seen ..don't understand how can someone cheat on an angel like her?

Exactly my thoughts ! and to add the girl who he cheated for was downright ugly :s .

Arrow seems like a good show but as far as super hero shows go I still think Smallvile was better.

House of Lies
Starring:
Don Cheadle
Kristen Bell

Awesome Awesome show... View discretion advised due to quite a few adult scenes and language but incredible none the less

Its about a team of top level Management consultants -
brief synopsis: A subversive, scathing look at a self-loathing management consultant from a top-tier firm. Marty, a highly successful, cutthroat consultant is never above using any means (or anyone) necessary to get his clients the information they want.

Don Cheadle I believe won Golden Globe for his performance in the show

I am too much into detective stuff. I watched Granada Tv series of Sherlock holmes....all stories by Conan doyle were made into the series....really loved it. Jeremy Brett was a great actor. Can anyone recommend me TV series on the same theme? Like some detective work involved?

Ripper Street on BBC iplayer

House of Lies
Starring:
Don Cheadle
Kristen Bell

Awesome Awesome show... View discretion advised due to quite a few adult scenes and language but incredible none the less

Its about a team of top level Management consultants -
brief synopsis: A subversive, scathing look at a self-loathing management consultant from a top-tier firm. Marty, a highly successful, cutthroat consultant is never above using any means (or anyone) necessary to get his clients the information they want.

Don Cheadle I believe won Golden Globe for his performance in the show

For some reason I can't edit my post, but here is the trailer for HOUSE OF LIES:

House Of Lies

Banshee -- promising start to the series... I think it will be there for a while !!!!!

Plot, acting...taking...all are very good !!!!

Spartacus: Blood and Sex is actually a pretty well-written show. Crassus is a supremely brilliant villain.

Back