TV Shows I Recommend

Which one was season 5, the one with trinity killer or is it this season, haven't watched the current season so far. Fringe this season was like a mini season, not too many episodes.

Fringe is ongoing, unless there's a difference between US and UK showings. Trinity killer is season 4... I forgot you guys aren't that far ahead yet. Dexter goes downhill pretty quickly after season 4 (we just finished the 6th).

Fringe is ongoing, unless there's a difference between US and UK showings. Trinity killer is season 4... I forgot you guys aren't that far ahead yet. Dexter goes downhill pretty quickly after season 4 (we just finished the 6th).

I am in US as well, my DVR haven't recorded Fringe for few weeks now, and i saw on FB that it will probably come on this or next friday.

Last edited:
I watch a lot of TV but my latest favorite is Once Upon a Time.

I'm starting Breaking Bad soon though because I heard it's amazing.

Which one was season 5, the one with trinity killer or is it this season, haven't watched the current season so far. Fringe this season was like a mini season, not too many episodes.

Fringe is coming back for 7 episodes starting this Friday.

watched 10-15 mins of Grimm and sounded interesting.

Breaking bad is awesome - currently about to finish season 3.

Also watching Dexter. Also catch the Mentalist on TV every now and then as well.

Normally love Sci Fi but Fringe was a bit too far fetched for my liking. Gave up after the start of season 2.

Last good show I watched was THE WIRE- too good. in fact the best ever.

The Big Bang Theory

How I Met Your Mother

Blue Mountain Sate

True Blood

Dexter

How to be a Gentleman (After only 3 episodes. It stopped for some reason)

Bulbulay

Would be awesome if you guys can recommend any other comedy series. I am more into comedy than anything else :D

C'mon Law. Big Bang Theory? Really?

If you want some good comedies:

30 Rock - Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan. Genius.

Louis - The sitcom that Louis CK writes, produces, directs and acts in. Fresh, and unbelievably funny.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Very funny. You would enjoy this.

The Innbetweeners - for those nostalgic high-school laughs.

Fresh Prince of Bel air

Modern Family

I think I should start watching Breaking Bad.

I gotta say though, I highly recommend "Person of Interest". Awesome show. Pushed CSI out of the Thursday slot and is produced by JJ Abrams.

Centers on ex-CIA hitman and a scientist who team up to prevent crimes before they happen.

One of the best new shows from 2011.

Has become very highly rated and they've even signed up for a full season of 22 episodes.

C'mon Law. Big Bang Theory? Really?

If you want some good comedies:

30 Rock - Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan. Genius.

Louis - The sitcom that Louis CK writes, produces, directs and acts in. Fresh, and unbelievably funny.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Very funny. You would enjoy this.

The Innbetweeners - for those nostalgic high-school laughs.

Haha, Yeah it has gone down since the girls have entered in it. First 2 seasons were pure class even the 3rd one as well. I still like to watch it though..

Thanks for the suggestions. Will surely try ..

It's Always Sunny is OK, Americans are not that good at understated humor.

Innbetweeners :)) :))

There was a 3 part series on channel 4 in the UK called Black Mirror which was produced by the respected writer/critic Charlie Brooker.

I recommend them. Not amazing but definitely interesting.

I have a severe addiction to How I Met Your Mother. It's a bit like Friends, but funnier.

been watching arrested development lately. probably the funniest show i've ever seen. absolutely brilliant

finished 4 seasons of madmen...

now watching "revenge"

and Hell on Wheels

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Mighty Boosh
IT crowd
Brass Eye
Look Around You
Peep Show
South Park (S1-6)

It's Always Sunny is OK, Americans are not that good at understated humor.

Lol there's nothing understated about it. Which is why it's so hilarious.

That christmas episode still has me in stitches.

:))

Dexter was awful this season...it was saved by its finale...

Oz is a timeless one that I'm gonna start watching again...one show I don't hear many talk about is Sleeper Cell...that show was brilliant imo...

A few shows that I've intended to watch but havent as yet are Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad...

I did watch Homeland and that I enjoyed...

Yeah, Dexter really fell apart this season.

Disappointing.

First few seasons were awesome.

Person of Interest is amazing. Best show on TV right now by some distance. Hopefully it can go 9 or 10 seasons without getting crappy.
(Is it me or do Dexter and Game of Thrones suck ass?)

Person of interest is easily the best TV show on at the moment. When game of thrones restarts then it will be 2nd best...I would say its a mix of Prison Break/Bourne, anyone who liked either of those would love this.....

Walking dead is also a good TV show, but i wouldn't rate it anywhere near person of interest/game of thrones....i got bored of Dexter mid season 3, the storyline became completely dull with Miguel....

Arrested Development for anyone who hasn't seen it.

As many have suggested above, Sherlock is also fantastic.

Person of Interest is amazing. Best show on TV right now by some distance. Hopefully it can go 9 or 10 seasons without getting crappy.

did you just say that? :O

WTH? This post is just so wrong

Dexter and Game of Thrones are brilliant

As for Person of Interest, I watched about 6 episodes. The concept of it I liked BUT the acting was lame, especially by the main guy and it was just cheesy. Maybe it improved after I stopped watching it BUT from what I saw it was just average

Just started watching Parks and Recreation, only saw 2 episodes so far, it's decent. I will stick with it for now as I hear that Season 2 onwards it is very good

a1ZES.gif

In all seriousness, I like Person of Interest. It's just that Game of Thrones is epic.

I'm gonna start watching Game of Thrones, heard lots of good things about it.

Breaking Bad will still be my favourite though :D

breaking bad started off well for the first two seasons, lost interest after a while and stopped watching..
entourage is a great series
prison break too

Dexter was awful this season...it was saved by its finale...

Oz is a timeless one that I'm gonna start watching again...one show I don't hear many talk about is Sleeper Cell...that show was brilliant imo...

A few shows that I've intended to watch but havent as yet are Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad...

I did watch Homeland and that I enjoyed...

Boardwalk empire is simply amazing, up there with the soprano's currently (2 seasons in).

Breaking bad is also very good.

Anyone recommend Mad Men? Not seen Dexter, Oz, Sleeper Cell or Game of Thrones, might check the reviews for them later some time.

Fair to say most on PP are fond of Game of Thrones?

Breaking bad is the best thing on TV at the moment followed by Game of Thrones (can't wait for the next book and the next season).

Dexter has gotten ****. But hopefully the next season will be good because of the cliffhanger at the end.

Person of Interest is also really good.

But the greatest TV show ever was Lost (really miss it).

Breaking bad is the best thing on TV at the moment followed by Game of Thrones (can't wait for the next book and the next season).

Dexter has gotten ****. But hopefully the next season will be good because of the cliffhanger at the end.

Person of Interest is also really good.

But the greatest TV show ever was Lost (really miss it).

Same here, nothing had me addicted quite like Lost.

Best TV Series you have watched

Their are many ways to judge a tv series but for me the most important is consistency in the later seasons:
1. The Wire :Their are very few movies or novels who can match script of this epic.All the characters of this series are so well written. For me it is hallmark of perfection.
2.Dexter: Can you like a serial killer?Well! whole world loves Dexter Morgan.The best thing about this series is that it takes you into mind of a serial killer.Micheal C Hall has given a performance which would make many Hollywood Actors proud.
3.The big bang theory:Just one word for it.Sheldon Cooper.What a great performance and consistency from Jim Parsons who carries the show on his back.
4.The Sopranos:Nice show.Shows funny side of the modern Mafia
5.24:Was my favourite show for a long time.Great production values but became predictable in the end.
6.Mahabharata: Many have tried and many will try to emulate the remarkable achievement of BR Chopra when he produced this great epic.Its characters are struck in the memory of hindi speaking population.The biggest irony is that its dialogues(which are considered its biggest strength) were written by a muslim.
7.Lost:If you can forgive its dismal Finale.Lost kept me in front of tv screen for a long time.
8.Vampire diaries:This is a series which makes Twilight looks like kids stuff.
9.Lie To ME: A wonderful series with a unique idea and a light tone.Its not highly engrossing but wont bore you either.
10.Supernatural:One might not like it in the beginning but as story progresses this show becomes better and better.

Last edited:
24's first two seasons were the best television I had ever seen. As you said, it dropped in quality, but Jack Bauer will remain an enigma forever.

The Shield is a rock-solid show that is critically acclaimed and is very raw, much like the Wire and the Sopranos.

Game of Thrones (eagerly waiting Season 2)

Suits

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The Big Bang Theory

Modern Family (absolutely hilarious)

The League

Breaking Bad

PrisonBreak (ended, but great series while it lasted)

Saw episodes 1 and 2 of Touch, the new Kiefer Sutherland show. So far it has been excellent, really well written and the acting is good, I just hope it can continue the good start as far too many shows do the lazy repetitive thing

Just started watching Parks and Recreation, only saw 2 episodes so far, it's decent. I will stick with it for now as I hear that Season 2 onwards it is very good
Parks and Recreation is really good. Ron Swanson and Aziz Ansari's character are hilarious. I too started watching it from the beginning didn't like it that much but then started watching the newer seasons and am now following it regularly.

After walking dead ended I am searching for a good series. Started watching Rome. So far I am enjoying it.

Parks and Recreation is really good. Ron Swanson and Aziz Ansari's character are hilarious. I too started watching it from the beginning didn't like it that much but then started watching the newer seasons and am now following it regularly.

Yep, I am almost finished with Season 2 and I love it

Ron Swanson is just phenomenal, always has me in stitches. Yeah Tom Haverford is quality as well BUT Ron is definitely the stand out character

I'm now into Breaking bad and family guy.

While i was at college my routine used to be
scrubs-> Simpsons->my wife and kids->friends-> Seinfeld.

Two and half hours on the couch daily with some nice munchies to go along.

The most favorite tv shows keep changing, as one ends and a new season for another begins.
My present list of most recommendable TV shows (only current running shows):

Drama

1) G.o.Thrones (up there with retirees Wire & Sopranos)
2) Boardwalk Empire
3) Mad Men (Mad Men's new season started)
4) The Boss (Kelsey Grammer, presently TV's best actor)
5) Justified (the best dialogues by far)
6) Breaking bad
7) Hell on wheels
8) Southland
9) Walking Dead
10) Homeland

Comedy

1) The Office - US (the best)
2) New Girl
3) 30 Rock (Wearing off though)

Archer (voiced by H Jon Benjamin)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Love it. Larry David is awesome. Really hope there's another season. The last two seasons have been phenomenal.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Co_BhTxgWys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
a1ZES.gif

In all seriousness, I like Person of Interest. It's just that Game of Thrones is epic.

I would like Game of Thrones more if I hadn't read the first book and then decided George Martin is an old perverted man. Half of it is rape, infidelity, and creepy stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I love Robb Stark and Jon Snow in the both the book and TV show, I just don't appreciate that basically every woman in that book will be abused at some point.

How I Met Your Mother - Love it! Steadily downhill of late though.
Psych - Favorite.
Suits
NCIS
White Collar - Matt Bomer, what a charming man.
TBBT, maybe sometimes.
New Girl - Not bad, its okay.
Raising Hope- Pretty funny.
Sherlock(2010) - Excellent, must watch if you have time for 6 one hour episodes.
Doctor Who - Hell yeah. David Tennant is my favorite one.
Royal Pains
Grimm - Getting rather pulled into it recently, I love it.

Lol at Spartacus. Quite possibly the most formulaic tv series ever. But it works, so well done to them.

Rome is amazing.

I tried to get interested in the Tudors but couldn't.

Watched my first episode of Sherlock the other day and it is quite good.

From the last 3/4 weeks or so.....I have watched friends very religiously every night and watched from first season to the last....What an amazing sitcom..best ever!!!....Love all those characters...

I recently got hooked in to a comedy called 'Community', it's pretty decent actually. Anyone else watch this? If so what do you guys think of it?

A friend of mine recommended me New girl...I really liked the lead actress in 500 days of summer. Is the show good...watchable? Chick show??

A friend of mine recommended me New girl...I really liked the lead actress in 500 days of summer. Is the show good...watchable? Chick show??

no its actually pretty funny... I like it.. has the potential to be up there with Friends and HIMYM

American( also Eng) TV's serials and movies are so class, i haven't watched a desi drama since like 10 years...

the desi serial i watched was Landa-Bazaar..(First 13 episodes were awesome, after that it went off air and then came back on, but the rest of the episodes were utter garbage)

Back