TV Shows I Recommend

TV shows that I recommend-

1) Sherlock- Benedict Cumberbatch is probably one of best in the business.

2) Masters of Sex- It's like any other showtime drama but with a plot having subtle comedic value rather than grim outlook. Michael Sheen is in lead role, very under rated actor. His theatre back ground makes him excellent character actor. He was nominated in category of best actor in drama series in golden globe loosing it to Bryan Cranston of Breaking Bad. It was Bryan's first win after 3 or 4 nominations. Michael is strong favorite to win within next 2 to 3 years.

3) Californication- David Duchovny plays role of alcoholic casanova,Another Showtime drama with LA lifestyle of moderately successful Hollywood writer. Best part of show is lead character's ever evolving relationship with teenage daughter.

4) Ray Donovan- Another Showtime drama about fixer for the powerful law firm Goldman & Drexler that represents the rich and famous.

Must watch to see amazing acting of Jon Voight( Dad of Angelina Jolie) He just won award of best supporting actor in drama series in Golden globe. His character do have some uncanny similarities to his real life dysfunctional relationship with Angelina.

5) Bates Motel-

The series, being a "contemporary prequel" to the 1960 film Psycho (based on Robert Bloch's novel of the same name), depicts the life of Norman Bates and his mother Norma prior to the events portrayed in Hitchcock's film, albeit in a different fictional town ("White Pine Bay, Oregon," as opposed to the film's "Fairvale, California") and in a modern setting. The series begins after the death of Norma's husband, when she purchases a motel located in a coastal Oregon town so she and Norman can start a new life.

Other quality shows-

Hannibal, Orange is new black, Orphan Black, Da Vinci's Damons, Vikings

Some average shows that I enjoy-

Arrow, New Girl, The Vampire Diaries.

Syfy Mini series- The lost room is must watch for those who liked movie like Inception.

Planning on catching new Syfy tv show Helix-

The series follows a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention who travel to a research facility in the Arctic to investigate a potential outbreak of disease. While there, they find themselves stuck in a life-or-death situation that could decide the future of mankind.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if Anime counts (dont judge me, my cousin introduced me to my first ever serious anime series..)

Its called Attack on Titan. Simply genius. I absolutely love the way they problematise young soldiers' response to a gruesome, terrifying and unforgivingly imminent fear. And the worst kind of fear - that of the unknown.

Highly recommended!

Arrow

Spoiled billionaire playboy Oliver Queen is missing and presumed dead when his yacht is lost at sea. He returns five years later a changed man, determined to clean up the city as a hooded vigilante armed with a bow.

8/10

Anyone watch True Detective?

I did. It's damn good. First 5 episodes are engrossing but a bit slow. The last 3 episodes are superb and the reveal will catch you unawares. Acting is awesome with Matthew, Woody, Michelle. Even the killer is exceptionally creepy and gives a damn good performance.

CWs Arrow is a mad show...I recommend watching it from season 1 which was miles ahead of season 2.

CWs Arrow is a mad show...I recommend watching it from season 1 which was miles ahead of season 2.

You are one of the few people along with myself who feels the first season was better, however season 2 has more episodes with that "shock factor".

TV shows I Reconmmend? FINAL SEASON OF HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER :yk

You are one of the few people along with myself who feels the first season was better, however season 2 has more episodes with that "shock factor".
It did have that shock factor before the mid season finale but after that all the episodes have been meh. Season 1 had a shock nearly every episode, one of the WHAT THE moments like season 2 before the finale. The Merlyn storyline was very good.
They're making Slade too overpowered and he's barely doing anything but the 'deathstroke' episode was pretty good compared to the rest...I'm not too fond of any of the character like I was before barring Diggle, Deadshot and that badass Russian on the Island

TV Shows I am watching these days :-

1. HIMYM : Just ended this Monday. Was a great show and will definitely miss it.

2. Two & a Half Men : The show hasn't been the same since Charlie's departure but I still like it and find it thoroughly enjoyable.

3. Californication: One of my favorite shows ever. Love Hank Moody's character. Please tune in to this one if you have not yet.

4. Bates Motel: Another good show. Based on Noman Bates' character from Hitchcock's Psycho

5. True Detective: Only recently started watching it. Is good but exceptionally slow. Have only caught up with the first four episodes yet with four more to go.

Other than these shows I ocassionally enjoy re runs of shows like Seinfeld and the kind of queens.

I tried watching arrow and got through about 7 episodes. It's the lamest tv show that I've ever seen.

I tried watching arrow and got through about 7 episodes. It's the lamest tv show that I've ever seen.

Lol you should replace Kami in your DP with yourself if thats the case ;) but seriously its a good show and miles ahead of the marvel agents of shield garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am watching " The black list", pretty fast pace. Just watched 8 episodes in a day and I did not feel like watching the show at all.

Just finished watching ARROW first season, it was brilliant probably the best tv show i've seen. Cant wait for season 2, will watch that after i finish Suits season 2 and Silicon Valley.

Also anyone seen the trailor for The Flash, looks awsome, cant wait for it.

Just finished watching the final episode of LOST, i watched 5 seasons during summer last year and this year i finished the final season. Man the final episode should have been written alot better then that,

spoilers in here, confusion over the mystery of the island and the finale:

so it turns out the flash forwards or sideways during season 6 were basically a state of uncertainty in a dreamy land on Earth after they all had died in the minds of the characters? A fitting finale would have been if they all got of the island and lived happily ever after would have been the ultimate payoff and i know LOST was the show where everything was a mystery and a chain of builds with so many loose ends but in the final season they should have done their bit in explaining the mystery of the Island itself and what makes it so special that it can bring some people from the outside world in-order to pick a candidate to protect it, and in a quest to do just that many people had to lose their loves ones and give up a life they may or may not have loved on Earth. Also the Island itself was very special and i get that but not once did Jacob or anyone explain that without it the people of Earth would face problems, all they said was that Island itself was special and needs to be protected but they never quiet explained why it needed protecting

Tyrant is a pretty good new show, not bad to watch if you're bored or have time to kill.

Utopia season two. Oh my.
[MENTION=1889]Saqs[/MENTION] I think you will like this. So far only seen episode one. Was nuts.

[MENTION=1889]Saqs[/MENTION] I think you will like this. So far only seen episode one. Was nuts.

Been hanging for season 2 man. Is it finally out? Will def be checking this.

Is Arrow really that good? Everyone seems to harp on about it.

Is Arrow really that good? Everyone seems to harp on about it.

Its really good for 1st season. Not sure about the second one though.

Lots of Action though.

If you really want to see TV show with action Try Hawaii Five 0 recreation ....

You won't be disappointed :D

I'm out of tv shows. Done with the following:

GoT
Dexter
Suits
Breaking Bad
Sherlock
House of cards
Homeland
Mentalist
Vikings
Prison break
Arrow (very low quality stuff)

Please suggest more.. really want to watch something new now :-/ you get the idea of what type I like.. top of the line stuff! :p

I'll welcome all recommendations (except Hannibal, don't like it.)

Last edited:
I'm out of tv shows. Done with the following:

GoT
Dexter
Suits
Breaking Bad
Sherlock
House of cards
Homeland
Mentalist
Vikings
Prison break
Arrow (very low quality stuff)

Please suggest more.. really want to watch something new now :-/ you get the idea of what type I like.. top of the line stuff! :p

I'll welcome all recommendations (except Hannibal, don't like it.)

The Blacklist
True Detective
Hawaii Five 0 (Recreation 2010 not the 1970 one )
Broadchurch
On Top of the Lake
Castle (although I don't like it that much)
Lost
Heroes

If you don't mind a bit of Syfy...

I would highly recommend...

Under the Dome
True Blood
Grimm

Last edited:
The Blacklist
True Detective
Hawaii Five 0 (Recreation 2010 not the 1970 one )
Broadchurch
On Top of the Lake
Castle (although I don't like it that much)
Lost
Heroes

If you don't mind a bit of Syfy...

I would highly recommend...

Under the Dome
True Blood
Grimm

Thank you Dr. sahab :) will take a look at these

Been hanging for season 2 man. Is it finally out? Will def be checking this.

I find it prettý meh. The characters are flat and the conspiracy is too over the top.

I do agree that S02E01 with Rose Leslie was awesome. Rest of the season is really bad.

Not seen the rest of the season yet but enjoyed season 1 and ep 1 of season 2. Will be quite disappointed if it declines.

Welp, didn't like the Outlander. Too rosey dosey for my taste.

Watched the pilot of the Knick. From what I have seen, it's shaping up to be the best medical show in a while (maybe even ever).

Outlander looks nice.

I could'nt go past 3 episodes. Was very slow moving and both leading men just didn't appeal to me. Plus there was all that scottish accents and men in skirts!! The actress though seems nice.

Just finished watching 'The Following', very gripping about a serial killer who develops a cult and masterminds them while in jail.

Just wraped up watching Sherlock, very entertaining, highly recommended.

Any new gripping series worth watching? Any decent recommendation will be highly appreciated :)

Was disappointed with 'Hannibal' with all the hype it turned out to be poor, would recommend 'The Following' over it anyday.

There also seems to be a fascination with detectives and FBI when it comes to American tv shows.

anyway started with Z Nation, it seems all zombie shows and movies have the exact same story line.

Is anyone watching Gotham? What are your thoughts? The latest episode (Penguins Umbrella) was probably the best so far.

best shows on tv right now:

The Blacklist
Game of Thrones
Person of Interest
Suits
Rectify
The Walking Dead
Orphan Black
Mad Men
Orange is the New Black
Elementary
Arrow
The Big Bang Theory

other entertaining shows:

Revenge
White Collar
The Following
The Good Wife
Gotham
The Flash
Marvel Agents of Shield
Helix
Vikings
Ray Donavan

Last edited:
Anyone able to give feedback on Tyrant?...any good?...

Anyone watching Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ? It's getting really good. They seem to be linking it to the Inhumans movie coming up.

From Great to Good

Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Dexter
Prison Break
Arrow
Suits
Walking dead
House of Cards
Sons of Anarchy

I recommend people to watch Louie. Dark comedy series. It is loosely based on the life of comedian Louis Ck prior to becoming famous. His show is really funny. His life just gets worse and worse every episode, just when you thought his life is getting better nope. He writes and directs the series. In the series, he is divorced to a blackwoman who he has kids, his kids are white.....Irish white. In one episode, during a flash back scene this woman plays a role of his mother, 2 episodes later he is dating her in present scene. His series has won many awards. He is my favorite comedian and I personally think he is better than Russell Peters.

Enjoy his comedy

I recommend people to watch Louie. Dark comedy series. It is loosely based on the life of comedian Louis Ck prior to becoming famous. His show is really funny. His life just gets worse and worse every episode, just when you thought his life is getting better nope. He writes and directs the series. In the series, he is divorced to a blackwoman who he has kids, his kids are white.....Irish white. In one episode, during a flash back scene this woman plays a role of his mother, 2 episodes later he is dating her in present scene. His series has won many awards. He is my favorite comedian and I personally think he is better than Russell Peters.

Enjoy his comedy

He is easily the funniest man on the planet. I've seen him live. I wanted to be admitted to the hospital throughout.

I saw half the movie but didn't complete it but heard its really good. So if the show is even better then need watch it! Thanks.

Btw did u get to watch omer yet?

I didn't like the movie but the TV is as good as The Sopranos imo. It's also shockingly violent.

Ah, I've still not got round to watching it but I will do soon, always like them kind of films. If it's as good as Paradise Now, I will be impressed.

Was either self titled of Oh My God.

Toast of London with Matt berry from it crowd in the lead role , the voice over recording scenes with clem fandango are hilarious

1. Romanzo Criminale
2. The Shield
3. Breaking Bad
4. The Soprano's
5. House of Cards
6. The Wire
7. Game of Thrones
8. True Detective
9. Fargo
10. Boardwalk Empire
11. The Knick
12. Forbrydelsen
13. Oz
14. The Staircase
15. Band of Brothers
16. Lilyhammer
17. Deadwood
19. Utopia
20. Band of brothers
21. House of Cards UK

Comedy:

1. The Office UK
2. The thick of it
3. Curb Your Enthusiasm
4. Legit
5. Review
6. Archer
7. Extras
8. Phoenix Nights
9. The Ricky Gervais Show
10. Black Adder
11. Inbetweeners
12. Arrested Development
13. Marrion and Geoff
14. Phoneshop

On my list to watch: Gomorra, Top of the Lake, Rome and Generation War.

1. Romanzo Criminale
2. The Shield
3. Breaking Bad
4. The Soprano's
5. House of Cards
6. The Wire
7. Game of Thrones
8. True Detective
9. Fargo
10. Boardwalk Empire
11. The Knick
12. Forbrydelsen
13. Oz
14. The Staircase
15. Band of Brothers
16. Lilyhammer
17. Deadwood
19. Utopia
20. Band of brothers
21. House of Cards UK

Comedy:

1. The Office UK
2. The thick of it
3. Curb Your Enthusiasm
4. Legit
5. Review
6. Archer
7. Extras
8. Phoenix Nights
9. The Ricky Gervais Show
10. Black Adder
11. Inbetweeners
12. Arrested Development
13. Marrion and Geoff
14. Phoneshop

On my list to watch: Gomorra, Top of the Lake, Rome and Generation War.

Heard a lot of good things about Romanzo Criminale, definitely on my watch list.

Gomorra and Rome are excellent.

Heard a lot of good things about Romanzo Criminale, definitely on my watch list.

Romanzo is quality.

Check out The Shield. Probably the best ending to a series I've seen.

The Wire - Reached 8th episode of Season 2 so far. Mindblowing show.

So hilarious too. THESE ARE FOR YOU MCNULTY. :)))

Arrow, seriously underrated show. Is there a thread for this series already? i can't seem to find it, was contemplating creating one. The mid-season finale was incredibly compelling.

There is a British TV series (produced by Channel 4) called Black Mirror that I highly recommend. Each episode is a stand-alone episode with a different story and different actors. It is based on a futuristic setting with advanced technology, and shows the dynamic between human nature/flaws and the technology in that era. The show has very intelligent writers, and is one of the most thought-provoking series ever produced IMO.

I recommend watching Episode 2,3,4,5, and the newly released episode 7. High quality production by Channel 4. Must watch!

Romanzo is quality.

Check out The Shield. Probably the best ending to a series I've seen.

If I could erase my memory of any TV show, just so I could watch it again, it would be The Shield. The most gripping show I've seen.

There is a British TV series (produced by Channel 4) called Black Mirror that I highly recommend. Each episode is a stand-alone episode with a different story and different actors. It is based on a futuristic setting with advanced technology, and shows the dynamic between human nature/flaws and the technology in that era. The show has very intelligent writers, and is one of the most thought-provoking series ever produced IMO.

I recommend watching Episode 2,3,4,5, and the newly released episode 7. High quality production by Channel 4. Must watch!

Why not Episose 1. Just watched it last night and still dizzy and reeling from its effects. Without going much into details, it's about a ransom demand which while being outrageous and beyond absurd brilliantly exposes our new age social media driven hyperactive, fickle minded and voyeuristic culture. It's a great morality play exposing the deep flaws of our cut throat ratings obsessed media environment, where the politicians are reduced to the whims of the "majority opinion" like circus animals. But the biggest brunt of criticism is thrown at ourselves and quite rightly so. We are exposed as people who pretend to be just and moral while secretly relishing in the distress of others, indulging in the collective crime of being willing participants to horrific acts played out in front of us in the pretense of "witnessing history" failing to realize the irrationality of all of it.

Extremely thought provoking. Highly recommend.

Fargo

Dark show that plays homage to the movie really well. Brilliant.

I regularly think about the black mirror episode where they bike to earn virtual points which hasn't happened for any television I have watched ever.

Marco Polo is pretty meh. Poorly written and with absolutely no internal consistency.

Why not Episose 1. Just watched it last night and still dizzy and reeling from its effects. Without going much into details, it's about a ransom demand which while being outrageous and beyond absurd brilliantly exposes our new age social media driven hyperactive, fickle minded and voyeuristic culture. It's a great morality play exposing the deep flaws of our cut throat ratings obsessed media environment, where the politicians are reduced to the whims of the "majority opinion" like circus animals. But the biggest brunt of criticism is thrown at ourselves and quite rightly so. We are exposed as people who pretend to be just and moral while secretly relishing in the distress of others, indulging in the collective crime of being willing participants to horrific acts played out in front of us in the pretense of "witnessing history" failing to realize the irrationality of all of it.

Extremely thought provoking. Highly recommend.

All the episodes are really good. I simply listed my favourites, which means you need to watch the rest as it gets better! The social message in episode 1 was on point, albeit being done in a slightly ridiculous way.

Watch the rest of the episodes.

Just watched the first three episodes of Gomorra. It's decent but hasn't gripped me. At the moment I would say Romanzo Criminale is better by some distance.

Back