TV Shows I Recommend

There is a British TV series (produced by Channel 4) called Black Mirror that I highly recommend. Each episode is a stand-alone episode with a different story and different actors. It is based on a futuristic setting with advanced technology, and shows the dynamic between human nature/flaws and the technology in that era. The show has very intelligent writers, and is one of the most thought-provoking series ever produced IMO.

I recommend watching Episode 2,3,4,5, and the newly released episode 7. High quality production by Channel 4. Must watch!

Why not Episose 1. Just watched it last night and still dizzy and reeling from its effects. Without going much into details, it's about a ransom demand which while being outrageous and beyond absurd brilliantly exposes our new age social media driven hyperactive, fickle minded and voyeuristic culture. It's a great morality play exposing the deep flaws of our cut throat ratings obsessed media environment, where the politicians are reduced to the whims of the "majority opinion" like circus animals. But the biggest brunt of criticism is thrown at ourselves and quite rightly so. We are exposed as people who pretend to be just and moral while secretly relishing in the distress of others, indulging in the collective crime of being willing participants to horrific acts played out in front of us in the pretense of "witnessing history" failing to realize the irrationality of all of it.

Extremely thought provoking. Highly recommend.

Thank you. I was looking for shows like this.

The Honorable Woman

BBC miniseries starring Maggie Gyllenhaal. Middle East politics, espionage, past secrets, etc. Have only seen two episodes so far. Plan to see the rest.

Anyone watching Arrow and Flash?

Arrow in particular has gotten extremely interesting!

Flash on the other hand, in my opinion its a bad move to bring a gorilla on the show.

Flash on the other hand, in my opinion its a bad move to bring a gorilla on the show.

You know how I fangirl over Arrow :))), you missed by big analysis of the "The Climb" episode which is my fav episode ever, Rahs ul Ghul recited a modified version of the janazah prayer before throwing Olly off a cliff :)) Did you know the character of Rahs is based on an arab Muslim. I've not watched the latest episode of Arrow though, it's a great show beyond the filler content if this was a 10 or 15 episode series the quality would be so much better. Anyhow I never bored of it and just love it, it takes serious nuts to kill of your main TV character I know they bought him back but even then not many shows do that but it was an important death which sets up the pay off nicely in the coming episodes.

Arrow I just hated but was forced to watch the pilot but even then didn't like it mainly because don't like the luloo portraying flash, don't know if flash is supposed to be made to look like a weakling anyways the show grew on me and if you look at what the producers are doing individually in terms of their creative take on flash and green arrow got to give them credit it's not just a matter of sticking to the source material they shows are unpredictable in that regard but they still respect the origins and I like that. Would have been awesome if Olly came back from the dead via the lazauras Pitt though :))

Flash has improve with each episode, not digging the latest episode though I stopped watching after 15mins lol

Do you watch Gotham doc? it's not a perfect show but I never miss it, nostalgia call it what you want but it has it's moments, the guy portraying penguin is brilliant and when they stick to the feuds between rival gangs you feel like the show has taken itself very seriously but the random villains without any kind of storyline arch beyond 1 episode hurts the show in my opinion but doesnt stop me from watching gotham. The lead gordon is good to and like the depiction of a young bruce you can easily relate to all the things that happen in his young life and how they will one day contribute to the man he will one day become, same for selina kyle.

Arrow is brilliant just keeps getting more and more gripping.

Flash started of boring but is now growing on me, loved the cross over episode with Arrow.

Homeland - Just started watching this. Have watched only two episodes and found it really gripping. Any fans out there who'd like to rate the seasons, just a quick rating will do, no spoilers!

Homeland - Just started watching this. Have watched only two episodes and found it really gripping. Any fans out there who'd like to rate the seasons, just a quick rating will do, no spoilers!

I used to watch it but didnt watch the last season... It was all good till season 4 finale happened

[MENTION=4542]MO[/MENTION]ds, can we have a poll added so we know which one is most favorite on Pakpassion.

Awesome show.. Which season are you on?

Finished it.

10/10. Awesome show.

The Wire and The Shield are two really amazing shows. The Wire has bigger scope and depth and is funnier (and more depressing) but The Shield is more in-your-face and has the better lead performance in Michael Chiklis.

I would rate The Wire higher but both shows are tremendous.

Finished it.

10/10. Awesome show.

The Wire and The Shield are two really amazing shows. The Wire has bigger scope and depth and is funnier (and more depressing) but The Shield is more in-your-face and has the better lead performance in Michael Chiklis.

I would rate The Wire higher but both shows are tremendous.

The Wire doesn't really have a lead role though does it? If it did it'd be between Omar and McNulty. Both of them delivered.

The Wire doesn't really have a lead role though does it? If it did it'd be between Omar and McNulty. Both of them delivered.

Yeah I guess so. Even Stringer in Season 3 was a lead to an extent. Even supporting players like Bodie, Carv and Michael got their moments under the sun.

It is the ultimate ensemble show.

You know how I fangirl over Arrow :))), you missed by big analysis of the "The Climb" episode which is my fav episode ever, Rahs ul Ghul recited a modified version of the janazah prayer before throwing Olly off a cliff :)) Did you know the character of Rahs is based on an arab Muslim. I've not watched the latest episode of Arrow though, it's a great show beyond the filler content if this was a 10 or 15 episode series the quality would be so much better. Anyhow I never bored of it and just love it, it takes serious nuts to kill of your main TV character I know they bought him back but even then not many shows do that but it was an important death which sets up the pay off nicely in the coming episodes.

Arrow I just hated but was forced to watch the pilot but even then didn't like it mainly because don't like the luloo portraying flash, don't know if flash is supposed to be made to look like a weakling anyways the show grew on me and if you look at what the producers are doing individually in terms of their creative take on flash and green arrow got to give them credit it's not just a matter of sticking to the source material they shows are unpredictable in that regard but they still respect the origins and I like that. Would have been awesome if Olly came back from the dead via the lazauras Pitt though :))

Flash has improve with each episode, not digging the latest episode though I stopped watching after 15mins lol

Do you watch Gotham doc? it's not a perfect show but I never miss it, nostalgia call it what you want but it has it's moments, the guy portraying penguin is brilliant and when they stick to the feuds between rival gangs you feel like the show has taken itself very seriously but the random villains without any kind of storyline arch beyond 1 episode hurts the show in my opinion but doesnt stop me from watching gotham. The lead gordon is good to and like the depiction of a young bruce you can easily relate to all the things that happen in his young life and how they will one day contribute to the man he will one day become, same for selina kyle.

Arrow is amazing and the latest episode was epic. Yes, I think Flash is supposed to look like a weakling and he is gonna grow strong over the course of the season. The latest episode of Flash though wasn't that great and especially bring that Gorilla on the show is a bad move in my opinion.

Other than that I love Harrison Wells and Pipe Piper both the characters are awesome. That's what I like about these shows their character development is pretty awesome.

No, I don't watch Gotham, I think it's too dark for me. Plus Gotham without batman isn't Gotham for me.

Breaking bad = All time best must watch

Prison break = excellent

Dexter

House of cards

Game of thrones

True detectives

Suits

Gotham

Mad men

The walking Dead

Homeland

These are the best tv series for me..

You guys have to understand that all this fad these days with Superheroes is based on characters coming from the world of comics.

Their target is the not only movie/tv watchers but also original comic book fans of these characters who have been around dating back to when Superman first debuted in 1939. I would say most of these popular characters range between 70-40 years old.

There is a very rich history and tradition with these characters. Gorilla Grodd is one of the major characters of The Flash's rogues gallery. Not matter how ridiculous it may sound or appear to you, trust me it is perfectly normal for those folks who spent their childhood reading those books with Grodd and Flash duking it out.

So it may come as no surprise that the Flash's ratings have actually gone through the roof here in the US ever since Grodd made any appearance.

How much people rate "Hannibal" here?

I am eagerly waiting for the next season. Hannibal, in my opinion is the second best TV show around at the moment after GOT.

Kind of lost interest in The Following.

You guys have to understand that all this fad these days with Superheroes is based on characters coming from the world of comics.

Their target is the not only movie/tv watchers but also original comic book fans of these characters who have been around dating back to when Superman first debuted in 1939. I would say most of these popular characters range between 70-40 years old.

There is a very rich history and tradition with these characters. Gorilla Grodd is one of the major characters of The Flash's rogues gallery. Not matter how ridiculous it may sound or appear to you, trust me it is perfectly normal for those folks who spent their childhood reading those books with Grodd and Flash duking it out.

So it may come as no surprise that the Flash's ratings have actually gone through the roof here in the US ever since Grodd made any appearance.

Yea, you might be right. And the episode was better than I expected, however it wasn't top notch.

I am eagerly waiting for the 2 part Finale though!

The ones being aired right now, or are on a break but new seasons are coming soon, I would recommend:

GOT
Hannibal
The Blacklist
Daredevil (Netflix)
The Flash
Homeland
Orange is the New Black

Others I have heard good things about:

The Walking Dead
iZombie
The Fall
Better call Saul
Arrow

Yea, you might be right. And the episode was better than I expected, however it wasn't top notch.

I am eagerly waiting for the 2 part Finale though!

... and it will never be top notch to quite a few people. It is just a matter of completely different taste and expectations.

For instance, to them it would be like expecting to watch a kick-ass Batman without a Joker around to fight. True Flash fans want Grodd or Reverse Flash running around punching each other. To non comic-book fans, who just want a more reality based action show, it may seem too cartoony but thats how it is.

The ones being aired right now, or are on a break but new seasons are coming soon, I would recommend:

GOT
Hannibal
The Blacklist
Daredevil (Netflix)
The Flash
Homeland
Orange is the New Black

Others I have heard good things about:

The Walking Dead
iZombie
The Fall
Better call Saul
Arrow

You heard Bro, season 2 of daredevil stephen knight the director will not be returning but a guy that was already working with him on season 1 will replace him (credits include buffy the vampire slayer)

Also am going to start Dexter, people on PP seem to really criticise it because apparently the first couple of seasons were good and the rest awful. But all over the net the series as a whole has been well received by critics, only season 6 has somewhat average reviews.

Dexter was amazing like you said, for the first few.. but it kind of fizzled out in the middle. I still watched the whole thing. Prison Break was another great one but same problem with it for a while.

Another great show that ended too early was Fringe. The last season was terrible but overall the premise and the characters were solid. Dr Bishop was the man.

I am sure DD will be awesome next season as well. The character has been given a very solid foundation and I hope it improves from here. I want to see BullsEye as the villain in Season II. Would not mind an appearance from some of the Avengers either. :)

... and it will never be top notch to quite a few people. It is just a matter of completely different taste and expectations.

For instance, to them it would be like expecting to watch a kick-ass Batman without a Joker around to fight. True Flash fans want Grodd or Reverse Flash running around punching each other. To non comic-book fans, who just want a more reality based action show, it may seem too cartoony but thats how it is.

I have seen Grood in cartoons (not in comic books admittedly), however I was never a big fan of his. Plus the graphics weren't great in Flash either.

With superhero shows there is no 'reality', it's more about the story, the plot and the twists!

Has anyone watched 'The Strain' as i didnt have anything to watch i started that. It was a hidden gem that came out of nowhere, very gripping.

guys, what are some Dexter similar shows?

Hannibal. Similar concept, except this time it is a psychiatrist who is a cannibal and tries to evade the FBI while working for them. If you've seen the movie back in the early 2000s, you'll know what it's about. Very good show, and gory too.

I don't really like Comedy TV shows but a friend recommended Community and I'm already up to season 2 now, it's hilarious.

Now we have supergirl, limitless and the legends of tommorow. WOW, TV is getting a whole lot exciting.

Friends Marathon now in Netflix !

ahh man ive watched the whole series again since its came out on netflix

i even know the lines before they say them for the later seasons lol but still watch it

Summer breaks here, can anyone recommend me any good TV shows that have a story line?

Daredevil is the way to go

watched it due to [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] and [MENTION=95766]leatherface58[/MENTION]'s recommenddations

a bit too violent and gory for me but still a great great watch.

usually i dont watch a whole lot of serious shows to begin with and i loved it so it must be good.

open for more recommendations on these type of shows

also House of Cards if you havent ofcourse

Silicon Valley is a good show too and one of the main actors is Pakistani

watched it due to [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] and [MENTION=95766]leatherface58[/MENTION]'s recommenddations

usually i dont watch a whole lot of serious shows to begin with and i loved it so it must be good.

I watched Daredevil and loved it. I've watched two episodes of House of Cards and it seems so dull and slow paced.

The trailer for Silicon Valley looks great. Might give it a go.

Saw House if Lies first episode and i'm not sure i want to continue can anyone tell how it turns out and should i continue with it or chuck it and go for Daredevil instead.

Silicon Valley was good at start but becomes kinda dry later but anyone into Programming will defn love it.

You're just saying that because that asian girl in it said that Karachi men are handsome.

You're just saying that because that asian girl in it said that Karachi men are handsome.

hmm I didn't know as I have only watched random episodes here and there. its not on Netflix

but all the more reason to watch :))

hmm I didn't know as I have only watched random episodes here and there. its not on Netflix

but all the more reason to watch :))

It's the funniest episode of the series. The one from a week ago, don't know the number.

I caught the leaked Pilot of Supergirl. Terrible!

Currently watching on Netflix, a French TV show called "Witness" or "Witnesses" dont recall exactly but it has a very good start and an interesting setting. Quite frankly, after Daredevil, nothing seems up to scratch.

Currently watching on Netflix, a French TV show called "Witness" or "Witnesses" dont recall exactly but it has a very good start and an interesting setting. Quite frankly, after Daredevil, nothing seems up to scratch.

id still say
House of Cards > Daredevil

Maybe.. I did not pay much attention to HOC and ended up abandoning it after a first few episodes. Could be a matter of taste..

Maybe.. I did not pay much attention to HOC and ended up abandoning it after a first few episodes. Could be a matter of taste..

have you or anyone here seen Orange is the New Black

that's also a Netflix exclusive and seems to have good reviews

maybe next series to start as even im looking to start sth new rather than rewatch old stuff

from where?

Its on bunch of sites. Just google it.
[MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION], yes I follow that show as well. It is pretty entertaining. I believe the next season is about to be released.

like is it good or timepass?

so you would recommend watching it?

It is a dark comedy so you would enjoy it if you have a taste for such stuff. So yes, I would recommend it. But like I did not enjoy HOC much you may not enjoy Orange is the new Black.

Code Geass and Game of Thrones are the two greatest shows of all time..

It's simply impossible for a show to get any better than these two :sachin

Watching "Lost". into first Season so far and loving it.

I'd highly recommend it. It does seem like a bit of horror/scary show sometimes tbh.

Parks and Recreation, funniest show on TV IMO, absolutely brilliant and well written too. Love each and every character.

Aziz Ansari is one funny bloke :D

Also Black Sails, very good show

Parks and Recreation, funniest show on TV IMO, absolutely brilliant and well written too. Love each and every character.

Aziz Ansari is one funny bloke :D

Also Black Sails, very good show

Brilliant Show, Flinch swinging the other way caught me off guard though; what did you make of it Donal? Did you enjoy it? :yk

[MENTION=95766]leatherface58[/MENTION] Any good TV shows out there? similar to wayward pines? man that was the best recommendation ever :))

[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] check out this [MENTION=139369]superwomen[/MENTION] poster, I think its the banned [MENTION=138188]Afridian4Life[/MENTION] using another account again :))) #BURIED #TheBearsGoldenShovel, very similar posters when it comes to displaying retarded behaviour

Last edited:
[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] check out this [MENTION=139369]superwomen[/MENTION] poster, I think its the banned [MENTION=138188]Afridian4Life[/MENTION] using another account again :))) #BURIED #TheBearsGoldenShovel

Brutal :)))

He broke the 11th Commandment; Thou shall not intentionally poke the bear :)))

vince-higher-power.jpg

[MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] maybe I should have tagged the Batman :afridi

Also, The Sporanos or The Wire ?

The Sopranos is my favorite show EVER. I haven't loved a TV character as much as I loved Tony Soprano. To the point, that when James Gandolfini died a couple of years ago, I couldn't hold back the tears.

The Sopranos or The Wire is a tough one and you can't go wrong with either. Depends on what kind of show, you feel like watching.

The Wire - Slow-burner, no main characters and is kind of like an awesome book. Won't have you on the edge of your seat many times, but will make you focus on the intricate details of what's going on in the show.

The Sopranos - All about the Sopranos, mainly Tony. If you're a fan of the vintage Italian mob and that sort of stuff, there isn't a better show out there. GOAT. Best ending ever as well.

The Shield - All-out action. No second to breathe. In terms of keeping you hooked from start to finish, no show will do a better job.

Take your pick. You're lucky you haven't watched some of these.

The Sopranos is my favorite show EVER. I haven't loved a TV character as much as I loved Tony Soprano. To the point, that when James Gandolfini died a couple of years ago, I couldn't hold back the tears.

The Sopranos or The Wire is a tough one and you can't go wrong with either. Depends on what kind of show, you feel like watching.

The Wire - Slow-burner, no main characters and is kind of like an awesome book. Won't have you on the edge of your seat many times, but will make you focus on the intricate details of what's going on in the show.

The Sopranos - All about the Sopranos, mainly Tony. If you're a fan of the vintage Italian mob and that sort of stuff, there isn't a better show out there. GOAT. Best ending ever as well.

The Shield - All-out action. No second to breathe. In terms of keeping you hooked from start to finish, no show will do a better job.

Take your pick. You're lucky you haven't watched some of these.

I know am very lucky :)) both those shows are consistently ranked in the top 10 or 5 ATG series ever.

Might give The Sopranos a go, mind you it's no where to be found on the usual channels I watch my TV series online maybe I need to dig a bit deeper since it's an old series and the quality probably is average too but if it's watchable doesn't matter. Am a fan of both types of shows but I guess when you have a certain group of main characters you tend to develop an attachment to them.

The Shield I've contemplated watching but have been on the fence feel like it may have too much filler content? I made an effort to see Agent Carter because it was something different with a female lead in an era where that can be little rare when it comes high profile shows, but gave up watching it after 5 episodes I think not that it was bad but just stopped watching it. I love me a female badasss; Xena could be back! Lucy Lawless was THE prototypical female badasss :afridi screw Ronda! lol

Haha I'm not too sure either, but some of his posts do have the 'dashing' element :yk

Could somebody stop the damn match! superwoman just joined PP! she has no home! (TNA doesn't count, same as being homeless) bah gawd the bear and the devil showing no mercy to this mentally challenged poster :)))

http://www.*******gentlemen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Conchairto.gif

I know am very lucky :)) both those shows are consistently ranked in the top 10 or 5 ATG series ever.

Might give The Sopranos a go, mind you it's no where to be found on the usual channels I watch my TV series online maybe I need to dig a bit deeper since it's an old series and the quality probably is average too but if it's watchable doesn't matter. Am a fan of both types of shows but I guess when you have a certain group of main characters you tend to develop an attachment to them.

The Shield I've contemplated watching but have been on the fence feel like it may have too much filler content? I made an effort to see Agent Carter because it was something different with a female lead in an era where that can be little rare when it comes high profile shows, but gave up watching it after 5 episodes I think not that it was bad but just stopped watching it. I love me a female badasss; Xena could be back! Lucy Lawless was THE prototypical female badasss :afridi screw Ronda! lol

The Shield is in my opinion one of the greatest TV shows ever, and it certainly has the best ending I have seen to a series. It has a formulaic, episodic start, where each episode in the first few series seems like a procedural drama, which doesn't seem to be heading anywhere. But I realised now that it was a process of getting to know the characters and their motives. Around season 4 the dynamic of the show changes and then you come to a scene which changes the way you view the show.

Soprano's is pure class and something you can take your time over.

The Wire is great too but I feel a little over-rated. But it shows corruption at all levels of society in a way that no other show has before or since.

Another I recommend is Romanzo Criminale. It's an Italian drama based on true events of a street gang which took over the Rome underworld.

Could somebody stop the damn match! superwoman just joined PP! she has no home! (TNA doesn't count, same as being homeless) bah gawd the bear and the devil showing no mercy to this mentally challenged poster :)))

http://www.*******gentlemen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Conchairto.gif

Actually, he got kicked out of the impact zone as well... permanently :yk

The Shield is in my opinion one of the greatest TV shows ever, and it certainly has the best ending I have seen to a series. It has a formulaic, episodic start, where each episode in the first few series seems like a procedural drama, which doesn't seem to be heading anywhere. But I realised now that it was a process of getting to know the characters and their motives. Around season 4 the dynamic of the show changes and then you come to a scene which changes the way you view the show.

Soprano's is pure class and something you can take your time over.

The Wire is great too but I feel a little over-rated. But it shows corruption at all levels of society in a way that no other show has before or since.

Another I recommend is Romanzo Criminale. It's an Italian drama based on true events of a street gang which took over the Rome underworld.

That's good to hear, am a fan of episodic TV. If the pay off is worth it am all for the slow burn; what concerns me most is filler content and "monster of the week" like TV and felt that The Sheild may be in that mould to a certain extent. I will give the series a chance now.

That sounds familiar, isn't it a movie? might be wrong :)) will probably give that a go to because refreshing watching a series that isn't American and often they make up for the lack of production with a solid narrative. The Returned comes to mind, french horror/thriller; season 2 is taking a while to release but man it's the most unique take on zombies ever! you should defo check it out, it's in french but that won't take away from your experience.

Back