TV Shows I Recommend

Actually, he got kicked out of the impact zone as well... permanently :yk

:))) No wonder he runs around nanga in FCW "please please talk to me give me some roti", am starting to give him the cold shoulder there to add to his woes. Remember R-truth and his mentally disabled/schizophrenia gimmick? dashing jobber is like that now, always talking to himself; he has gone mad :yk

That's good to hear, am a fan of episodic TV. If the pay off is worth it am all for the slow burn; what concerns me most is filler content and "monster of the week" like TV and felt that The Sheild may be in that mould to a certain extent. I will give the series a chance now.

That sounds familiar, isn't it a movie? might be wrong :)) will probably give that a go to because refreshing watching a series that isn't American and often they make up for the lack of production with a solid narrative. The Returned comes to mind, french horror/thriller; season 2 is taking a while to release but man it's the most unique take on zombies ever! you should defo check it out, it's in french but that won't take away from your experience.

The Returned on my list.

Romanzo is a movie too but you're better off watching the series, it's much better. It's not actually in Italian but in a Roman street dialect. It's only 20 episodes but enjoyable.

The Shield doesn't really have a monster of the week etc.. but you have a main antagonist each season. But it's not really a cop show, as it is a show about friendship and how people perceive the relationship. It's based on four guys who are best friends and happen to be in a drug enforcement team and how each of them has a different take on that friendship.

What I like about the shield was that unlike other shows each time they get themselves out of trouble it's never clean and everything keeps building until the end. There are influences of Training Day. The only drawback is that it takes time to realise the direction the show is going. I watched it when it aired so I'm not sure how it will translate when you binge watch it. If you get to season 5, you're in for a treat.

Started watching Ballers which has Dwayne Johnson. People who liked Entourage will enjoy this.

[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] check out this [MENTION=139369]superwomen[/MENTION] poster, I think its the banned [MENTION=138188]Afridian4Life[/MENTION] using another account again :))) #BURIED #TheBearsGoldenShovel, very similar posters when it comes to displaying retarded behaviour
Thanks i have informed others, looks like he just can't live without PakPassion.

Hey guys, need a new show to watch over the winter breaks. Taking suggestions, thanks.

P.S. Don't want to watch something with too many seasons like Smallville or Supernatural.

Hey guys, need a new show to watch over the winter breaks. Taking suggestions, thanks.

P.S. Don't want to watch something with too many seasons like Smallville or Supernatural.

Hmm just recently finished watching "you, me and the apocalypse" - 10 episodes and a wrap up

The Affair has got to be one of the best TV shows aired by Showtime, I finished the whole two seasons (22 episodes) in merely two days, the camera work is so artistic and the score is mesmerizing, the script is philosophical and is based on real life complications of an affair outside a marriage, the cast is brilliant with some memorable on screen performances, a truly masterpiece. It has won 3 golden globes for previous season and is also nominated for best acting in a supporting role in 2016 Golden Globes. Though I'm warning you the TV-Series is rated for explicit content, therefore proceed with caution.

If you are in into superhero stuff, then do watch Daredevil. It is kinda dark and awesome..

Wire in the Blood.

If you are looking for psychological crime thrillers.

Anyone seen Billions yet, caught an episode on Popcorn Time, looks great from the pilot so far.

so many tv shows these days, i rarely get a chance to finish anything.

I try only to watch shows once they have actually ended.

Watching Community these days ... good one

Anyone watch Black Sails? it's a seriously good show. [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] you should check it out

Into the badlands was probably the most action packed tv show I've seen and it's quite good too.

Into the badlands was probably the most action packed tv show I've seen and it's quite good too.

Yeh it was quite good, really underrated. Heard of it through the comments section of another show :))

Anyone try the new DC show 'Lucifer'? Really good show, and MC is top notch.

House MD vowww amazing show..

The Following is another brilliant. just finished first season.

Yes, it reminded me of my childhood as well. However, I still ended up watching all of it in one day.

11.22.63 (a 10 part mini series from Hulu)

Based on Stephen King's novel, executive produced by JJ Abrams.

Watched 3 episodes so far, pretty good.

Anyone watch Black Sails? it's a seriously good show. [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] you should check it out

Will do thanks.

Watched the first episode of Vikings new season, looks a good story coming up.

Just finished watching Making a Murderer the other day. That was some weird stuff. For those who have seen it what's your take on the whole thing.

The way I see it the cops obviously framed the guy both times and that kid too was quite clearly coerced into making those bogus confessions. Far too many holes and inconsistencies in the prosecution’s case. Pretty much none of the key evidence pieces presented against the two made any real sense. The actual killer/s is/are still out there I’m sure of it. I think she was murdered and burnt elsewhere and the opportunistic killer/s framed Steven Avery knowing his history with Manitowoc sheriff’s department. My spidey senses tell me Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey are real sus. They weren’t even investigated. I mean seriously wth. I reckon Brendan Dassey might have unwillingly been involved as well and/or was manipulated by those two to frame Steven Avery but he’s too afraid to name them. Definite miscarriage of justice no doubt about it. How the jury couldn’t see that at the time and why they have been denied retrials is beyond me.

11.22.63 (a 10 part mini series from Hulu)

Based on Stephen King's novel, executive produced by JJ Abrams.

Watched 3 episodes so far, pretty good.
It got bad afterwards, too much romance for my liking and got generally bored when they began bugging Lee Harvey Oswalds home

Ballers starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The show is recommended for those who had big dreams, wanted hot women, but couldn't live the dream because they gave up on their dream and chose to be an account or their daddy told them engineering would be their ideal field.

Last edited:
Ballers starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The show is recommended for those who had big dreams, wanted hot women, but couldn't live the dream because they gave up on their dream and chose to be an account or their daddy told them engineering would be their ideal field.

it's never to late to live that dream.

If you're an engineer, even easier to get that dream cuz you have the $$$$$$$$

Finished HoC will continue watching Suits now.

And then Game of Thrones 2 weeks before finals lol... whattay timing

Better Call Saul season 2 was even better than season 1. Top notch drama.

Any reviews for The Mentalist? I have watched few episodes of season 1 and already starting to get bored. Will the story pick up in the next seasons or will it get more boring?

I would gladly tell you my age, but since people seem to justify a particular age where watching anything above or below that age is an anomaly , there is no point in furthering this discussion.

For your benefit though, I am 31.

I would gladly tell you my age, but since people seem to justify a particular age where watching anything above or below that age is an anomaly , there is no point in furthering this discussion.

cool. Not everyone here is out to get you btw.

In order of epicness:

1) SHerlock (2010)- no other show or even movie can match the greatness of Sherlock. Absolute genius by Mark Gatiss. Lightyears ahead of any other show imo. Just flawless from every point of view in terms of potraying a modern Sherlock Holmes. So so good....
2) Person of Interest (2011) - my avatar is of Person of Interest (Jim Cavaziel and Michael Emerson). It is directed by Chris Nolan who is the brother of John Nolan. Another amazing show and its portrayals of science fiction and crime is unbelievable. One of the greatest shows I have ever seen and would rank only second to Sherlock imo.

3) The Blacklist (2013) - stars James Spader and Raymond Reddington. About a fomer FBI fugitive and criminal who joins the FBI as a consultant to help fight cases that are on his "blacklist". Usually is a serialized format but has some overaching themes. Great acting and a lot of things going on. Full of action but some episodes are not as good as they can be. Lots of twists and turns along the way which makes it exciting.

4) The Mentalist (2008) - another great show which was truly one of the best until season 6. After that, it went downhill very fast to the point where I don't watch it anymore. Such a sad demise. However, the first 3 seasons of the show are top top notch and almost on par with Sherlock and Person of Interest. The season 3 finale was probably the best episode I have seen on TV history. However, some "filler" episodes can be uninteresting and not as good. The season finale's are almost always the best episode of each season.

5) Elementary (2012) - the American version of Sherlock. Generally good but not in the same league as Sherlock. A lot of his cases seem like they are shown to kill time and act as "filler" - can be quite boring however. Some things that I don't like about it is that Moriarty is portrayed by a woman and there is a distinct lack of an overarching theme of the show. Still decent but not as good as the others.

Spartacus- awful awful show with nothing but **** and you know whats.No story line , acting is dreadful and CGI is horrible.Can't believe there are people who actually like it.

I was not judging you or anyone, it was just a joke.

I would suggest two very different yet underrated shows that everyone should watch .

1. Twin Peaks

Released in 1990 it was a huge hit and has had a cult following ever since . Every mystery murder series you see these days has been inspired from twin peaks . Its a very different murder mystery than any show you will ever see. The town of Twin peaks is a character in itself and the music is just haunting . Season 1 is very good . It has been renewed after 25 years for season 3 .

2. The Fall

My Favourite recent show .BBC produces excellent shows and this is definitely high on that list. Fans of jamie dornan should definitely give this a try . Excellent analysis of how a mind of a serial killer works. The story and acting is outstanding .

Is there any good comedy series on air these days like how I met your mother, friends, two and a half men? big bang theory has gone downhill

I have just started watching Lucifer and Second Chance(two episodes of each) . Second Chance has two desis but both shows are help cops to catch the bad guy. Still I feel Lucifer has more potential.

Is there any good comedy series on air these days like how I met your mother, friends, two and a half men? big bang theory has gone downhill

Those kinda shows aren't liked anymore with the fake laughter.If you want you can try Girls meets world(continuation of Boy meets world) or Fuller House(continuation of Full house) both btw are disappointments.

i used to like these shows as they were always good time pass and some laughs at the end of a tiring day when you didnt really want to wacth some intense, serious shows

i think you'll like Modern Family and Last Man Standing

also Master of None is a very good show in this category but is different and a new-ish concept.

Vikings- not a great current season but has been pretty good overall

Daredevil- very good seasons 1 and 2

Melissa Jones- requires patience but very well done season 1

The last Kingdom - very good show,recommended to see after Vikings for a interesting "watch".

On the comedy front feel there are hardly any shows nowadays,watching re runs of Everybody loves Raymond and its actually funnier after being married now :p

How is Modern family similar to Friends,How i met your mother ?If something is near i would say its "New Girl".

Started watching Billions. Quite a good show!

its a good concept and a theme not tackled that much surprisingly

def they have put money in the show but i think it could have been much better

seen 3-4 eps and intend to catch up once i finish daredevil and HOC. Though this proves it certainly isnt one of those addictive shows you wanna finish asap

How is Modern family similar to Friends,How i met your mother ?If something is near i would say its "New Girl".

its a comedy show.

you are entertained. dont use a lot of brain to process it. good time pass

another in this category is Rules of Engagement. i liked it a lot actually but its hit and miss

its a comedy show.

you are entertained. dont use a lot of brain to process it. good time pass

another in this category is Rules of Engagement. i liked it a lot actually but its hit and miss

Its loses its humor later is seasons.

Back