USA (159/3) & (18/1) defeat Pakistan (159/7) & (13/1) by 5 runs in a super over thriller to cause the first major upset of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Meanwhile Ahmed Shehzad getting his syrup of verbal diarrhea Ready if the unthinkable happens

45 off 5 overs against Naseem, Rauf, Shaheen and Amir

Not easy

Pakistan needs this more than US, infact T20 WC needs Pakistan for next round

Like I said, when has pak bowling attack under babar, defended a low total?

Ever since that mauling to india in the Asia cup, this attack has been destroyed by everyone
Babar captaining and not captaining does not take away from the declining quality of the bowling resources in this country. I have made posts on the matter a few years ago if I'm not mistaken.

But it all has to do with the collection of talent and the subsequent development of talent in the country. The Shaheen Shah Afridi getting carted by Monank Patel in front of us today has hardly developed himself as a more complete bowler since 2021. That is a three year period in which a bowler at his age, with the exposure he has had, should be developing and enhancing his skills as much as possible. This can happen in various ways, coming up with new deliveries, exploring/enhancing your capacity to bowl in different phases, and more so with regards to fitness.

The fact of the matter is that the world will move forward and adapt, teams around the world will look at the modern game now and raise their hands to try and put forth some performances. Big names on paper don't matter if the cumulative results are not favorable for the team.

And this is our biggest issue - talents that are unearthed by us would be nurtured by other top teams in brilliant manners. Look at examples such as Hasaranga in the not so far away Sri Lanka, burst onto the scene in 2019, adapted his action a little bit and added depth to his bowling and batting skillset to now become the captain of the team, and lead from the front.

I'll give another example with a Bangladesh pacer I think is quite under-rated in Taskin Ahmed, went through a phase of rediscovery and has borne fruit for the country. Compare him to himself perhaps 3-4 years ago and the difference is quite astronomical.

Our players, specifically bowlers, hardly go through phases of rediscovery and enhancement. Haris Rauf was selected in 2020, and in the four years he has been with the team, he is yet to be able to deliver an over on a good/hard length, and thus is a failure in the powerplay in white-ball cricket as a whole.

Our spinners are another dilemma, they are rarely able to produce match-winning performances because of various factors. Pitches in the domestic circuit are not encouraging for our finger spinners. Furthermore, Pakistan has an obsession of prioritizing wrist spinners over finger spinners, despite the fact that the experiments with various wrist spinners in the recent past have been poor (Usman Qadir, Zahid Mahmood, Shadab Khan, and Usama Mir are all some recent examples). Genuine spinners of the ball such as Arif Yaqoob were not given platforms until recently to show their skills, and will unfortunately be lost in the system.

The lack of red ball cricketing infrastructure means that we continue to produce flashes in the pan rather than technically correct and long-term high-value cricketers who can represent the country.

This can even be seen in the fact that since 2021, we have tried the following cricketers as middle-order batsmen:
- Shoaib Malik
- Mohammad Hafeez
- Asif Ali
- Haider Ali
- Babar Azam
- Mohammad Rizwan
- Fakhar Zaman
- Usman Khan
- Khushdil Shah
- Sohaib Maqsood
- Iftikhar Ahmed
- Mohammad Nawaz
- Shadab Khan
- Mohammad Haris

Some of these cricketers rightly so have the talent to succeed at these batting positions, yet, they were unable to work on their weaknesses and mentality to succeed long-term.

Shadab should just focus on his batting as did Steve Smith.

Give up bowling spin and dedicate yourself to batting only

Shaddy learned quickly there. Could've been a lot worse for Pakistan as Jones loves the midwicket slog.

8.5 RRR Against Pakistan pace quartet!

It will be a legendary achievement if USA pull it off.

34 from 4 over .they missed the apportunity to make last over Big .
Now they can't score against world best pace quarter.

Why isn't amir bowling after building pressure the previous over brainless captain should be sacked with immediate effect

If you can’t bowl 5 out 6 length bowls as a premier leg spinner, you shouldn’t be playing at this stage.

I still can’t believe how a player of such level having all the facilities and is literally the only thing you do can mess up so big time.

Back