Varun Aaron - New Indian Genuine pacer

I remember one NZ bowler bowling at 150+ consistently in one spell. Wahab is certainly not in that range but does Aron bowls in that range?
Adam milne ?? he was quick but rubbish , no aron is not in the johnson pace bracket from what i saw of him in the england test series , infact riaz was quicker than him on his test debut in england , aron may have put on a few yards since then though .

Adam milne ?? he was quick but rubbish , no aron is not in the johnson pace bracket from what i saw of him in the england test series , infact riaz was quicker than him on his test debut in england , aron may have put on a few yards since then though .

Aaron is as quick if not quicker than riaz and yes he does bowl in johnson's range.

a few times in newzealand and the champions trophy game against westindies
I dont know about NZ.But in CT in England Riaz bowled the fastest of about 149.8 ks.I remember this because there was a comparision thread of him and Yadav for the CT.

I remember one NZ bowler bowling at 150+ consistently in one spell. Wahab is certainly not in that range but does Aron bowls in that range?
Milne.Aaron has clocked 150ks in NZ then in Asia cup and now today also.He was bowling 145 plus in test matches in.England also.

Aaron is as quick if not quicker than riaz and yes he does bowl in johnson's range.

Sami is quicker than riaz too but from what i saw of aron in england he is comfortably slower than johnson , johnson in the ashes and southafrica was a different beast altogether

He bowled for 2 tests against england and was constantly around the 145k mark.

His average was 86-87 mph. But that's not my point. Can he sustain even a average of 86-87 mph for a couple of months plays matches and not getting injured.

Last edited:
Sami is quicker than riaz too but from what i saw of aron in england he is comfortably slower than johnson , johnson in the ashes and southafrica was a different beast altogether

No they are not johnson has a very good bouncer as compared to aaron, that's why he looks quicker.
Even in the ashes johnson was around the 145k mark with the occasional ones at 150

We're talking about sustained pace. Aaron's gotten injured again. 1-2 matches and then disappearing for months isn't enough.
Huh?If anything this is his 1st injury in almost a year or so.He cant play if Dhoni keeps selecting Mohit Sharma and Vinay Kumar.

He clocked similar speeds in NZ last year and then in Asia cup and IPL.Bowled 145 plus in tests in England this year.

His average was 86-87 mph. But that's not my point. Can he sustain even a average of 86-87 mph for a couple of months plays matches and not getting injured.
I think he avgd higher by atleast a mile or so.Avging 88MPH in tests is quick.And he has bowled the whole season quickly.

And if aaron's average speed was around 141k, then there must have been quite a few balls above 145 k too.

86.4 and 87.6

The thing is that you are just picking the stats without context. In the 5th test at oval, second day morning,
Aaron bowled a MARATHON 7-OVER SPELL CONTINUOSLY and then after lunch he bowled a MARATHON 8-OVER SPELL with just a single over break in between that spell.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2014/engine/match/667719.html?innings=2;page=2;view=commentary

This shows how inept Dhoni is when it comes to managing tear-away fast bowlers. Look how Johnson only bowls 3 or 4 overs spell. That allow him to bowl in same intensity throughout the day. Only if Dhoni can understand that. Aaron is easily a 90 miles per hr bowler.

Last edited:
We're talking about sustained pace. Aaron's gotten injured again. 1-2 matches and then disappearing for months isn't enough.

Aaron has been averaging around 145kph in ODI cricket, and 140+ in Test Cricket which is enough to see his sustained pace. His disappearance had more to do with the fact that Dhoni wasn't willing to pick him.

What's his average per breakdown? 2 games?

Sharp bowler but heavily over rated.

Milne has topped at 153 clicks, he was too quick for a few WI batsmen who struggled to play him.

Problem is he gets injured after 1-2 T20 games :facepalm:

Milne has topped at 153 clicks, he was too quick for a few WI batsmen who struggled to play him.

Problem is he gets injured after 1-2 T20 games :facepalm:

Lol I still remember Shehzad took Milne to school and he was bowling 150ks.

Yadav has much better control and can swing. If he was in Pakistan, he'd be a half decent bowler by now.

Midget sized grounds and no control. What do you think will happen?

Out and out pace with no movement never trouble Pak batsmen especially from Lahore. We grow up playing tape ball cricket where everyone bowls as fast as possible.

Out and out pace with no movement never trouble Pak batsmen especially from Lahore. We grow up playing tape ball cricket where everyone bowls as fast as possible.
^Rofl, Imran Farhat. Omg, exposed me.:srt
lkBkj6E.jpg

Didn't Kemar roach totally own you guys not too long ago with pace alone?

You're talking out of your **** as usual. When a pacer be it with no skill at all is controlling the ball so well, he's a difficult prospect for the best of them. You need to be a really good batsmen i.e the classy type who who relies on timing alone or have really good hand eye to handle it.

Last edited:
When a genuine quick is on song, he'll trouble the best of them and here we are talking about Pakistani batsmen lol

Test bowling average of 44.75 and ODI bowling average of 39.10 against us. You are confusing us with Aus. Kemar have decent record against them.

You're talking out of your **** as usual. When a pacer be it with no skill at all is controlling the ball so well, he's a difficult prospect for the best of them. You need to be a really good batsmen i.e the classy type who who relies on timing alone or have really good hand eye to handle it.

Old ball vs new ball and that was his fastest over ever. My point was that generally, they'll be good at it because your hand-eye develops when you continually face fast bowling every day from a young age.

Test bowling average of 44.75 and ODI bowling average of 39.10 against us. You are confusing us with Aus. Kemar have decent record against them.

I was talking about a particular match. Even the crappiest of genuine quicks have the ability to rattle batting lineups every once in a while, and that was my point. This is the reason I mentioned Roach, not Donald.

The fastest bowler in the match so far with 143.2 kph average pace. That's 3 kph quicker than Johnson's pace, and Aaron looked far more penetrating as well. :steyn

Capture.jpgCaptureAron.jpg

^^^^ That was no surprise if you watched the game so far on TV you can easily see ball for ball Aaron was the quickest of all bowlers Indian & Australian.

Probably fastest bowler in the world right now as far as sustained pace is concerned.

Whats disappointing however has been the drop in Ishant Sharma's pace. Still believe, he's the fastest Indian bowler when he means to bowl fast.

Amazing to see an Indian be the fastest bowler in Asia if not the world. Milne and Aaron two youngster beauties who automatically bring you on your feet.

An Indian pacer outpacing an Australian pacer in an Australian pitch....er..actually an Indian pacer outpacing a pacer from the opposition on ANY pitch....phew - when has it EVER happened?

Indian fans like me don't know how to react to this!

The best aspect of his pace is how sustained it is. Be it Tests, or ODIs, overseas or Asian phattas, big match or another Lanka series .. Aaron will keep bowling fast.

Showed some great ability with the old ball, needs to work on bowling with the new ball now.

Guys MJ has slowed down a bit this test. I remember he was averaging over 90 mph in Ashes

His test stats read average of 50.7 at 4.65 RPO, in tests :))) His ODI record is also hilarious at ~40 average at 6.6 RPO :)))

Guy makes Mohammad Sami look like Waqar Younis

His test stats read average of 50.7 at 4.65 RPO, in tests :))) His ODI record is also hilarious at ~40 average at 6.6 RPO :)))

Guy makes Mohammad Sami look like Waqar Younis

Sometimes we need to look beyond stats and see the potential and ability. :amir

Bookmark this, he is worse than Mohammad Sami and will get thrashed. No need to get excited when the likes of Tait are of the same mould (but a lot quicker)

Yes, that's another way of looking at it and definitely a possibility.

But I have to be honest, when I see raw ability, I know what I am talking about. :imran

Aaron is very strongly built, his body shape can generate repeated long spells of pace.

Bookmark this, he is worse than Mohammad Sami and will get thrashed. No need to get excited when the likes of Tait are of the same mould (but a lot quicker)

For now varun and umesh have proved that india can produce fast bowlers. How they perform on cricket field is a different thing.

No one can reach the legend mohammad sami of yours. bowling avg of 53 after 36 matches is quite a feat! No, aaron can't rech such heights
:irfan

Fsstest in Asia and that too in a time where every other Asian team is producing trundlers. What a way to make your mark, pace, aggressiveness, passion what more can a fan ask for?

Fsstest in Asia and that too in a time where every other Asian team is producing trundlers. What a way to make your mark, pace, aggressiveness, passion what more can a fan ask for?

If picking up 3/157 is making your mark then it explains why India can never pick up 20 wickets and why they have never had a sub 25 bowler :))) no-one in the world apart from Indians are impressed by him, but then again for India it's like they think they have unearthed an Akhtar or something.

Let's just say even rubbish players like Shafiq would trash Varun like it's a net session :)))

No one can reach the legend mohammad sami of yours. bowling avg of 53 after 36 matches is quite a feat! No, aaron can't rech such heights
:irfan

Sami is rubbish which is why he was dropped, but at the same stage in their careers:

Test matches:

Varun: 50.72 average at an economy of 4.65
Sami: 34.71 average at an economy of 3.04

ODIs:
Varun: 38.09 average at an economy of 6.61
Sami: 30.41 average at an economy of 5.11

I am telling you this Varun guy is absolute garbage and keeps on getting injured. The likes of Pat Cummins are quicker but Australia don't want him because he is fragile and wayward. But like I said, remember, write this down that Varun will always get a phainty in his career.

If picking up 3/157 is making your mark then it explains why India can never pick up 20 wickets and why they have never had a sub 25 bowler :))) no-one in the world apart from Indians are impressed by him, but then again for India it's like they think they have unearthed an Akhtar or something.

Let's just say even rubbish players like Shafiq would trash Varun like it's a net session :)))

still better than your club level bowlers who can't even perform against Zim

still better than your club level bowlers who can't even perform against Zim

The same club level bowlers who bowled out Austalia cheaply in the last 2 match sessions. At least be consistent in your views, we battered Australia whereas Australia battered you. Bangladesh give India a run for their money, so far I think in the past 3 matches Bangladesh is leading 2-1?

The same club level bowlers who bowled out Austalia cheaply in the last 2 match sessions. At least be consistent in your views, we battered Australia whereas Australia battered you. Bangladesh give India a run for their money, so far I think in the past 3 matches Bangladesh is leading 2-1?

where in UAE? :yk
Because outside subcontinent you can't even beat zimbawe in tests

I tell you its quite something to have arguably the best batsman and also the fastest bowler in the world in your lineup. Its quite a feeling, you have to experience it to realize the beauty of that fact.

I tell you its quite something to have arguably the best batsman and also the fastest bowler in the world in your lineup. Its quite a feeling, you have to experience it to realize the beauty of that fact.

You cling onto that while losing test match after test match :))) I can't wait until Aaron bowls against us in the test series next year. Talk then

I am 100% sure if we played Australia on that pitch we would have beaten them. There is a reason we are ranked above them in tests

haha...Don't make such delusional comments. we know what your attack did against nz in your home tracks.

haha...Don't make such delusional comments. we know what your attack did against nz in your home tracks.

1 match? What about the other 2 matches against them? And sorry what happened last time India played NZ? Absolute phainty with McCullum coming in at #5 and scoring a double and triple century :))

But sorry tell me, you're amazing batting line-up who are so great, what are their scores outside the flat pattas of India? that's right, routinely bowled out for <250. You know it's embarrassing when Lyon picks up 12 wickets (same as the entire Indian team combined in both innings) and Moeen picks up 19 wickets at an average 23 :)))

1 match? What about the other 2 matches against them? And sorry what happened last time India played NZ? Absolute phainty with McCullum coming in at #5 and scoring a double and triple century :))

But sorry tell me, you're amazing batting line-up who are so great, what are their scores outside the flat pattas of India? that's right, routinely bowled out for <250. You know it's embarrassing when Lyon picks up 12 wickets (same as the entire Indian team combined in both innings) and Moeen picks up 19 wickets at an average 23 :)))

Do you know difference between home matches and away.

Do you know difference between home matches and away.

Yeah I do, and Pakistan don't play any home-matches so to be #3 is even more remarkable.

But you know it's embarrassing when your 'phassstttt and phurriousss' bowler gets sledged by a batsman (Warner) :)))

Who won the champions trophy in England? And what happened to your legendary bowlers there?

Who won the champions trophy in England? And what happened to your legendary bowlers there?

You should have lost to England, you got lucky they choked big time.

And our bowling was great actually, it was our batting which flopped and I'm happy because it resulted in the axing of Farhat, K. Akmal and Malik. We beat you last ODI and I am 100% sure if we have Fawad/Maqsood/Haris/Umar/Sarfraz (and hopefully Babar Azam), we are going to thrash you again. If we do big Shafiq, Younis etc. don't get too excited if they lose.

Back