Varun Aaron - New Indian Genuine pacer

Wouldn't it be great if he went on to have a test career for India? We could say we discovered him with Ian =p

He is good, and so can be Umesh. It is time India stops thinking about 130kph line and length guys, and starts giving the quicker ones a chance on supporting surfaces.

Bhuvi and Ishant complimented by two consistent 90mph quick guys will not be a bad attack for Tests. Don't know what these guys will do against top order, but atleast number 8-11 won't trouble us as much.

A half decent bowling coach with a thinking captain would have by now got both Umesh and Aaron as the strike bowlers for the team in tests. Instead Aaron is playing his first test of the tour and Umesh isn't even among the top 6 pacers of the country. There have been murmurs about Dhoni's dislike for pace given his recurring finger injuries.

We need to give both these guys a run in tests, used sparingly in ODIs and T20s thus helping them develop as pacers for the longer format. Need to show the same patience we show with our young talented batsmen.

That delivery to Moeen Ali was a beauty !

I'd like to see some consistency from Aaron !

A half decent bowling coach with a thinking captain would have by now got both Umesh and Aaron as the strike bowlers for the team in tests. Instead Aaron is playing his first test of the tour and Umesh isn't even among the top 6 pacers of the country. There have been murmurs about Dhoni's dislike for pace given his recurring finger injuries.

We need to give both these guys a run in tests, used sparingly in ODIs and T20s thus helping them develop as pacers for the longer format. Need to show the same patience we show with our young talented batsmen.

Very good post. I have been saying for a long time Yadav should be in the team. Give him confidence and see him prosper. Aarun is impressive too. Management needs to handle these both bowlers with a lot of care and spend as much resources as possible to keep them fit. Shami is another good bowler. I know he is struggling right now but he is a bowler of all conditions unlike BK. BK is bowling well right now but he won't be a much success in many countries. Play Yadav, Aaron and Shaami on dead pitches and see them causing a lot of trouble to most batsmen. While Shaami gets his rythum back BK or Sharma can play. But of course Dhoni and Indian selectors would select all the trundlers before selecting Yadav.

That bowl to Moeen was Waqaresque if this guy is managed properly he could become Indias best pacer. 90mph with the ability to swing it cant beat that. Just needs more control and hope his body doesnt breakdown like what happens to a lot of 90mph quicks

Really?

If it is indeed true, I would be pretty mad.

If he has issues keeping to them, this guy is the one who needs to be chucked out. Not the pacers.

Haivng few genuine pacers are one thing but giving them an environment where they can grow is another.

Very good post. I have been saying for a long time Yadav should be in the team. Give him confidence and see him prosper. Aarun is impressive too. Management needs to handle these both bowlers with a lot of care and spend as much resources as possible to keep them fit. Shami is another good bowler. I know he is struggling right now but he is a bowler of all conditions unlike BK. BK is bowling well right now but he won't be a much success in many countries. Play Yadav, Aaron and Shaami on dead pitches and see them causing a lot of trouble to most batsmen. While Shaami gets his rythum back BK or Sharma can play. But of course Dhoni and Indian selectors would select all the trundlers before selecting Yadav.

Yep for the first time in our history we have got a decent set of 5-6 seamers to chose from. None of them is world class yet and will need proper grooming and a run in the side for 2-3 years but the chances of that happening are quite rare with the current team management especially the captain.

Duncan Fletcher as a coach insisted on pace in his English squad, somehow has not been able to do the same as an Indian coach primarily due to Dhoni's love for bowlers who provide him control.

Aaron has had a good test so far. Hopefully he'll get stronger and faster as he plays more of the longer format too.

Aaron looks cool.

His wrist position is rubbish though.

Even without that he is good but if he gets that right, we can see something special from this guy.

So sad Umesh Yadav was not picked for this tour. That guy gets appreciable swing with pace. I think last time he played a test match, he took a few crucial wickets (2nd innings) and India won the match (India Vs England in Ahmedabad 2012). Did well in Australia recently (India A tour).

Last edited:
Barbie Stuart broad's face ruined by Aaron. I loved it. Blood on the pitch. :yay:

Is it safe to say now that india can also produce fast bowlers? India have couple of guys now who can bowl consistently at 140k's which isn't easy in test cricket.

He's rubbish. I remember Anamul Haque smacking him for massive 6s like it was nothing. Very quick but lacks serious accuracy but his control has been a bit better. Needs to be consistent.

Aaron looks a proper bowler just has to be given confidence and managed properly. Ishant was super phaast when he debuted but we've seen whats happened to him

Ishant was fast in that one series in AUS only.

Aaron was this fast when he came in in 2010-11 then was injured for 18 months and is still bowling the same pace.So Ishant isnt a fair comparision.

Is it safe to say now that india can also produce fast bowlers? India have couple of guys now who can bowl consistently at 140k's which isn't easy in test cricket.

Look what :msd was doing today. He opened bowling with Pankaj/Jadeja :facepalm:

Warne/Ganguly/Gower/Nasser/Holding all were amazed about his logic.

Had he given him full license from start Root/Buttler partnership would have been less.

Skipper should put some confidence in his bowlers :ik

Had he given him full license from start Root/Buttler partnership would have been less.

And I get flak for attacking Dhoni.

he did that cause the new ball was just 6/7 overs away....and he brought in aaron within 2 overs

Didn't Mushiqur Rahim tear him apart in the Asia Cup?
That being said, Rahim is a better batsman than his record suggests.
If Aaron can show some consistency, maybe, just maybe, he can be a good, reliable batsman for India.

153KPH from Aaron today in the first over itself. Bowling serious pace every single match and getting better with his control.

Whole over bowled at 147KPH average pace now. Quickest in Asia by miles. Bangladesh, England, NZ or India, Aaron has sustained his pace everywhere, every format.

To be honest Aaron-Yadav-Ishant are all pretty quick.

It will be a shame if Varun Aaron doesn't get a chance to play in the world cup.

Aaron's average pace has climbed to 147.5 after 3 overs ! This is Johnson stuff.

At his peak Ishant was the quickest, he clocked 154kph in Australia.

Has anyone clicked above 155kph though? I dont quite rememeber.

At his peak Ishant was the quickest, he clocked 154kph in Australia.

Has anyone clicked above 155kph though? I dont quite rememeber.

But aaron has been consistently faster for years.
India I doubt those speed guns in Aus, even trundler vinay was clocking 145k once :91:
Aaron is easily the fastest ever bowler produced by India.

Sheer pace sucks these days, I'd rather have a 140-150kph bowler who can control the ball and scare batsmen than one whose only good on a speed gun :mj

People are getting carried away, we have a tear away in Adam Milne who is capable of hitting some rapid speeds but he inspires no confidence at all because I know he has poor control and lacks skill to make use of it.

People are getting carried away, we have a tear away in Adam Milne who is capable of hitting some rapid speeds but he inspires no confidence at all because I know he has poor control and lacks skill to make use of it.

Milne plays 2 matches and then is injured.If he plays couple of full seasons you will see what he can do.

Injured.

This is why there aren't many tearaway bowlers these days. it's just too much strain on the body.

He's young, if he does get his body sorted, Cummins and him will be pushing the 155kph+ barrier.

Yes.They have developing bodies.Almost every fast bowler who bowled 150ks when very young had injury issues.

Lee/Waqar/Johnson/Aaron/Cummins/Milne all of them.As the body grows stronger the injuries become lesser.

Whole over bowled at 147KPH average pace now. Quickest in Asia by miles. Bangladesh, England, NZ or India, Aaron has sustained his pace everywhere, every format.

Fastest bowler in subcontinent

Not many in world bowl faster than Aaron.Fastest in Asia easily.

Aaron's average pace has climbed to 147.5 after 3 overs ! This is Johnson stuff.

Easily the fastest bowler in the world along with :mj

Calm down a little.

Talk about over reaction.:))

Injured after three overs.

Bowled 35+ over an innings in England in Tests, has bowled 8-9 overs every ODI he played, bowled sustained pace with great fitness and stamina. I don't see this little niggle being a worry.

There is no point risking an injury even if he felt slightest of discomfort.

Last edited:
Fastest bowlers in world cricket -

1. Aaron
2. Johnson
3. Yadav
4. Morkel
5. Milne
6. Best
7. Wahab
8. Steyn
9. Ishant
10. Finn

when was the last time we saw a bowler from asia clocking over 150 kph ?? :steyn

Wahab, Irfan, Umesh, Aaron have all been touching 150 in the last few years. Its just that when it comes to sustained pace, Aaron is pretty darn quick.

Aaron 4 over spell was perhaps the quickest by an Indian. Too bad he got injured again.

bowls consistently at 145kph with effort bowls going upto 150. Did I get it right?

I think Aaron is fastest in the world. Has more pace than Johnson/Morkel/Riaz.

BUT BUT.. it remains to be seen for how long he can sustain that pace? Seems very prone to injuries, eventually he will have to reduce pace to increase longevity.

Also, to have better control and to be able to move the ball, again he'll have to reduce his pace. How is his control right now, and can he make the ball talk?

India isn't exactly a place where express pace bowlers flourish, I don't see him developing into a threatening bowler as pace alone can never be good enough. Ask M Sami or Wahab Riaz (who has just started to show some control).

I remember one NZ bowler bowling at 150+ consistently in one spell. Wahab is certainly not in that range but does Aron bowls in that range?

Back