Varun Aaron - New Indian Genuine pacer

Varun Aaron is a dud.

I feel sorry for Indians who have pinned their hopes on this glass man. He has no variations, no yorker and bowls with no brain. Just a faster version of Ishant Sharma.

If I pick Raina in his place, I know both will go for same amount of runs in 10 overs. At least Raina can bat and hit a few lusty blows and is 100 times the fielder that Aaron is.

Sometimes I wonder why India even plays its phast bowlers.

Because the spin cupboard is also quite empty.

Yeah, the point was varun Aaron was quicker than junaid. That's the point. I would not have mentioned junaid 's pace if I wasn't talking about pace. You are trolling, not me...⛄⛄⛄������

You said this:

Better than junaid khan who was bowling 76mph bouncers in last test match..

You clearly said he was better than Junaid, and not that Aaron was faster than Junaid anyone with decent comprehension skills and a working eye will be able to figure that out.

Because Pakistanis consider him as a spearhead and I believe varun Aaron would become our spearhead in future.

You are confused. If you're comparing Junaid and Varun on pace then it doesn't make sense because Junaid is not the quickest in the team. Now you're comparing them because both are current/future spearheads of the team but then that's a silly comparison as you've said yourself and Varun is not even half as good as Junaid.

Varun Aaron is a dud.

I feel sorry for Indians who have pinned their hopes on this glass man. He has no variations, no yorker and bowls with no brain. Just a faster version of Ishant Sharma.

If I pick Raina in his place, I know both will go for same amount of runs in 10 overs. At least Raina can bat and hit a few lusty blows and is 100 times the fielder that Aaron is.

Sometimes I wonder why India even plays its phast bowlers.

If Raina is consistently utilized as a bowler than we'll be seeing 300+ every time India bowls, I'm afraid. You need to play bowlers.

Yadav actually is my first choice. Not only is he faster, but he can swing and reverse it too. He wasn't too bad last time we saw him in Champions Trophy. Atleast he was swinging it at 140+ with better control. Aaron on the other hand has always looked barrel straight.
Aron maybe a better ODI choice today, but Yadav has all the ingredients to be a far more threatening bowler.

Sorry, but Yadav is the Indian Riaz. Looks good on his day but that day doesn't come often and is absolutely horrible most of the time.

Probably they need guidance and good competition how about sending them to Pakistan to play in our domestic season to get some know how about fast bowling :13:

Probably they need guidance and good competition how about sending them to Pakistan to play in our domestic season to get some know how about fast bowling :13:

They would probably get the phainta of a lifetime, even Hacks like Awais Zia would certainly go after them considering they would be imports from our 'beloved' neighbour

Better control today, average pace seems to be about 143-144, hit 150 twice. That's improvement. Dhoni's public phainty to the fast bowlers seems to have worked. Shami too is bowling better.

He needs to avoid getting a phainty in his last 3 overs. Has the tendency to giving away huge overs - the 16-20 runs one. Anything less than 60 in the 10 overs off him would be an improvement.

Well, that's his natural length. Fast and full. Wonder why Dhoni asks him to bowl short.

Why is Virat bowling instead of Varun? And has Kumar fallen so low that he isn't even preferred over Kohli at the death?

Why is Virat bowling instead of Varun? And has Kumar fallen so low that he isn't even preferred over Kohli at the death?

Shami and Bhuvi seem like two bowlers who find it hard adjusting to a non-SG ball World.

Think we'll see another 300 conceded here. Taylor has to lead the charge though.

I thought in atleast 1 of the ODS, Indian bowlers would be able to bowl out Kiwis for 215-220 total, now either NZ batters are great or Indian bowling is becomming completely rubbish.

Aron certainly has speed but the other qualities are missing or haven't been developed yet.

Well, that's his natural length. Fast and full. Wonder why Dhoni asks him to bowl short.

why can't he work it out himself?if he bowls well bowling full,nobody would complain

Dhoni asked him to bowl bouncers.not short and wide

Why Taylor is going for singles at this stage is beyond me.

2-60 after 10 with an average speed of 143 makes for a okayish outing from Varun.

Mohammad Shami having an off-day today. By far, the best Indian pacer currently. Finally gets a wicket, though.

You can write Indian bowlers off but you can't wrire Indian batters off, i think India will win this match.

Aaron has been brilliant today. The stats don't do the justice..

They obviously do. He's bowled some rubbish along with the good deliveries. And these are pace-friendly conditions we're talking about.

You can write Indian bowlers off but you can't wrire Indian batters off, i think India will win this match.

Nah, Indians usually chase big total by openers giving them a good start. That's where they failed and unless they do well here, I don't think they will chase this.

They obviously do. He's bowled some rubbish along with the good deliveries. And these are pace-friendly conditions we're talking about.

He bowled well at the death. That has been one of the long standing problems of India. You should understand that 5.5 rpo is very good in Indian context. Our strength is batting.

I thought he was more like 140-145 bowler but today he bowled few balls over 150. I didn't see more than few overs in this game but saw the comments in cricinfo.

He's bowled well by Indian standards . Really hope he doesn't get injured and is handled properly.

I thought he was more like 140-145 bowler but today he bowled few balls over 150. I didn't see more than few overs in this game but saw the comments in cricinfo.

Yes, I believe he will be more effective on Indian, SA and Australian pitches though. In India, he gets the ball to reverse. In Australia and SA, there will be some bounce and the ball won't come on to the bat as has been the case with New Zealand.

He bowled well today,was getting good shape on the outswinger.
Pity we don't have him in the test squad because of mighty Ishant!

Yes, but he's playing for India and they don't seems to have much options.I think they should give him an extended run.

Re: Varun Aaron-New Indian Genuine pacer

Well before he got injured he bowled at 153ks.I believe he can bowl a few ks faster but this is his normal speed.Top speed around i early 150s and avg around 145.So not a trundler.What he needs is more overs as he is back after a 2 year injury break.But i am glad to see he hasnt lost pace.

is there a competition between him and yadav to more expensive?

not bad improved today from his last outing he reminds me of some WI fast bowler .... can't remember his name will post soon?

Aaron is coming after a long back injury I think, you have to be a bit patient with him. Give him at least one more tour to find form. He has the speed to trouble most batsmen but he still does not have the variations or the brain to trouble them consistently. His first class averages are not impressive, but he has been very good in List A. He would be an asset to our ODI side once he finds form, but he really needs to pick up new skills in order to be a good bowler in tests.

1622003_209118052617295_187316444_n.jpg

Good pace.

If he moves the ball or bowls with more accuracy he has potential.

This pace obsession is baffling. As if bowling 150 alone is an achievement, even if you get spanked around the park. It just means that you travel to the boundary quicker if you get it wrong.

This pace obsession is baffling. As if bowling 150 alone is an achievement, even if you get spanked around the park. It just means that you travel to the boundary quicker if you get it wrong.

Indian fans obviously won't be expecting a lot, but he wasn't wayward at this pace. Seems to have improved progressively after coming back from injury. That's enough to give him an extended run.

he was good with his line n length :) he needs to be polished but he shouldnt compromise on his pace

that can happen at any pace

He could be an Indian Wahab. Don't hype him up or else he'll become like Shami and Bhuvi. Let his bowling do the talking...

Maybe its a bit soon downgrading shami but his SR has been woeful after the first ODI

India should give him more chances, but i think the greatest captain of all time will bring Ishant back into the Indian team sooner or later!

Conceded 75 runs in 7.5 overs and now out of the attack now for bowling over the waist balls.

Pathetic performance today, but deserves more chances. This is a FLAT wicket, and he bowled 8 over averaging 145kph, hit 150 multiple times. Not many bowlers in the World can do this today...specially not the Indian ones.
He can still be an asset in Australia. This was a bad day.

The faster you bowl, the more accurate you need to be. The ball can disappear quickly if bowled fast, Aaron got smacked for three sixes and all those deliveries were 145ish.

When Varun Aaron clocked 153 kmph in a Ranji Trophy game back in the 2010-11 season, everyone got a feeling India had finally unearthed a talented fast bowler. A bowler who could generate genuine pace even on flat tracks. That he did and still continues to do so. This intent to bowl fast, as he claims, comes from his father who inspired him to take up pace bowling.

On Thursday night at a packed stadium in Sharjah, Varun Aaron bowled with a lot of venom and made the going tough for the Delhi Daredevils batsmen. He got a wicket off his very first ball in IPL 2014, and later, caught JP Duminy off-guard with a 145 kmph bouncer. “I couldn’t have asked for a better start to the IPL. Getting a wicket first ball was a great feeling.” Aaron said, while speaking to IPLT20.com after Royal Challengers Bangalore’s comprehensive eight-wicket win over the Daredevils.

Aaron ended up with the most economical figures in the game, conceding just nine runs in his three overs with a wicket to his name and was happy that his side kicked off their campaign with a win.“It is great to start on a winning note and to win so convincingly is a really good feeling. I am sure it would have done a world of good for everyone’s confidence.”

Aaron was part of the Indian World T20 squad, in Bangladesh. He got a couple of warm-up games, but had to sit out for the rest of the tournament. This brought in him the vigour to perform the moment he got an opportunity.

“I was really looking forward to this first game in the IPL. I sat out for the entire World T20, and it was not easy. I was very eager to get out in the middle and bowl well. I am glad it came out well today. My intention was to bowl well and help our team to a victory.”

The 24-year-old pacer made full use of the wicket that had a lot to offer for the fast bowlers. But Aaron knows it isn’t going to be a bed of roses for him in the competition. “It was a nice batting track and had a nice carry, which I like. Having said that, I am not going to get fast bowling friendly tracks in these T20 games, but it is encouraging to see a wicket with a lot of carry like that.”

Some fast bowlers tend to get wayward with their line and length while looking to generate pace and Aaron is aware of the fact that he cannot get carried away by speed alone. “If you are playing at the highest level, you have to have everything in your armoury. Bowling fast alone will not help you. You have to bowl in the right areas to be a good bowler. Bowling fast comes naturally to me and I don’t really think about the pace aspect too much. If you can bowl fast, it is always an added advantage and a bonus.”

It has been a common phenomenon that most fast bowlers in India tend to reduce their pace to focus on line and length. But Aaron believes he will never stop bowling fast. “I have had five stress fractures and still haven’t cut down on pace and I don’t think I ever will.”
http://www.iplt20.com/news/2014/feat...th-varun-aaron

Still got fire. Injuries have hurt our pacers as well.

Well he's still bowling really quick and doing it consistently (he bowls at least half of his deliveries between 145-150kph) and he is picking up wickets regularly. However, he seems unable to bowl a Yorker and his control isn't great. Let's see how he develops.

Bowled fast and bowled well this innings, beating the batsmen for pace :akhtar
India have two genuine fast bowlers for the 1st time :mj

Haha.. isn't this the guy PP hyped like 8 yrs ago when no one knew of him? I didnt watch him bowl, was he quick today? got a few good wickets!

Haha.. isn't this the guy PP hyped like 8 yrs ago when no one knew of him? I didnt watch him bowl, was he quick today? got a few good wickets!

Was bowling between 87-92 MPH. At that speed any little swing he is getting is making life difficult for batsmen.

He sure is the fastest in India right now. May be Yadav can also bowl at this pace. But Aaron seems to be a better athlete than Yadav.

Was bowling between 87-92 MPH. At that speed any little swing he is getting is making life difficult for batsmen.

He sure is the fastest in India right now. May be Yadav can also bowl at this pace. But Aaron seems to be a better athlete than Yadav.

Varun can hit the 150 mark as well, but I think he is deliberately not doing that else he might completely lose his radar.

Back