Varun Aaron - New Indian Genuine pacer

Re: Varun Aaron-New Indian Genuine pacer

So parosees what happened?

Nothing ,and it's pretty unfair to mock a bowler who is making his comeback after long time and it's a very lengthy time as well,he will look rusty.

sent from dil se

Comparing player's based on one match was your stupid idea not mine. Junaid spent more time on the pitch and bowled more overs than any Lankan pacer. Neither was any Lankan pacer quicker than Junaid .

Completely wrong and delusional. He was slower than Sri Lankan bowlers who spent as much time as junaid.

The bigger lol is to mock a guy who is making a comeback after two years.

sent from dil se

You didn't even understood who exactly is being mocked here, when someone start comparing a nobody with his unimpressive 1 match performance with an establised bowler then that is something certainly laughable.

You didn't even understood who exactly is being mocked here, when someone start comparing a nobody with his unimpressive 1 match performance with an establised bowler then that is something certainly laughable.

I do understand that but the thing is that ,it was in response of the recent performance of that established bowler,not his overall performance,that is why I said atleast give him some time.

sent from dil se

The bigger lol is to mock a guy who is making a comeback after two years.

sent from dil se

I didn't start it, someone else did. I do agree that it isn't nice to pick on a guy for getting murdered on his comeback but then when people are comparing him to Junaid, whatcha going to do, brother?

Let's stop with comparisons here. Junaid is an established bowler as the poster above said. Secondly, Junaid is no benchmardk. Thirdly, Junaid is a medium pacer whereas Varun is a different kind of bowler.

Based purely on this match, I think Varun has done well. He was impressive before he got injured, and was decent today. This is not a ground for fast bowlers.

Completely wrong and delusional. He was slower than Sri Lankan bowlers who spent as much time as junaid.

No he wasn't and no they didn't. I watched most of the series and definitely more than you.

I do understand that but the thing is but it was in response of the recent performance of that established bowler,not his overall performance,that is why I said atleast give him some time.

sent from dil se

LOL! Players are comapred on the basis of overall performance, otherwise an ordinary spinner can be made to look better than Ajmal, based on recent performance.

Point is you cannot compare such bowlers with any establised bowler, especially when your bowler isn't doing wonders.

I didn't start it, someone else did. I do agree that it isn't nice to pick on a guy for getting murdered on his comeback but then when people are comparing him to Junaid, whatcha going to do, brother?

Look the thing is I feel it was a mistake by pak management to go for flat tracks which are slow,should have gone for turners that's my personal view,ya it was a bad series for junaid considering ,lankan were more determined,but, i feel he is being over used and that is why his recent performances are not upto a mark.

sent from dil se

LOL! Players are comapred on the basis of overall performance, otherwise an ordinary spinner can be made to look better than Ajmal, based on recent performance.

Point is you cannot compare such bowlers with any establised bowler, especially when your bowler isn't doing wonders.

That is why I defended junaid in my recent post and that is why I agree with you ,however for doing wonders u need backup from ur captain and also one can't neglect a fact that he is coming back after a long time,so surely he will be rusty.

sent from dil se

Look the thing is I feel it was a mistake by pak management to go for flat tracks which are slow,should have gone for turners that's my personal view,ya it was a bad series for junaid considering ,lankan were more determined,but, i feel he is being over used and that is why his recent performances are not upto a mark.

sent from dil se

14 wickets at 28 for Juni nothing wrong with those figures especially when there wwre atleast drops of his bowling.

14 wickets at 28 for Juni nothing wrong with those figures especially when there wwre atleast drops of his bowling.

Was talking about tests.

sent from dil se

Originally Posted by ash 68
Aaron to Samuels, 2 runs, 135.0 kph, pushes this short-of-a-length ball to the right of third man and comes back for a couple

Aaron to Samuels, FOUR, 134.6 kph, Majestic. Lovely cover-drive, fourth boundary of the over. It's a length ball, Samuels moves half-forward, then drives it on the up. All along the ground it goes, between mid-off and extra cover

Aaron to Samuels, FOUR, 132.4 kph, nearly played on. Samuels looks to run this down to third man, there is no room, in fact this is over the stumps, and he gets an inside edge for a four to fine leg. Only the fifth time that all of the top six have got scores of 50 or more

Aaron to Rampaul, 1 run, 132.7 kph, pushes this one to the deep cover, who has been moved back after those two boundaries

Aaron to Rampaul, FOUR, 140.3 kph, another superb cover-drive, leaning into a length ball, opening the face sufficiently to miss the cover fielder

Aaron to Rampaul, FOUR, 134.1 kph, Lovely cover-drive. This is not a half-volley. Comes forward and drives this on the up, past extra cover, all along the ground

Genuine phaast bowler by Indian standards, nothing new here. Next time dont hype anyone please.

Varun in Debut Test
he was Trundling

in Test Match it is Very thought to bowl Consistently at 140kph and Junaid has done That in Past

I saw him clocking 144 once :) well can be a far better option then ishant but honestly there is nothing special in him

Are you too dumb to understand that one guy bowled 25+ overs while the other bowled less than a third of that amount? Not to mention that Junaid had been breaking his back for 3 test matches while Aaron has just come back and is fresh. The pitch and weather of the two countries further make you look like an idiot. Talha is not only much quicker than Aaron and Junaid, he was also well rested due to not playing the first two games.

Bhai Claim down

My Post Number 734 is Answer to indian Fan,s

Varun was trundling in Test match 2nd spell

His average speed was 135kph

Junaid is LEFT Arm Fast According to Cricinfo bcz Mostly he bowl Consistently over 138-139kph in ODI

Where Yadav is Right arm Fast 1 bowl in 132kph mark and next one in 140kph
Not consistent Thought

Originally Posted by ash 68
Aaron to Samuels, 2 runs, 135.0 kph, pushes this short-of-a-length ball to the right of third man and comes back for a couple

Aaron to Samuels, FOUR, 134.6 kph, Majestic. Lovely cover-drive, fourth boundary of the over. It's a length ball, Samuels moves half-forward, then drives it on the up. All along the ground it goes, between mid-off and extra cover

Aaron to Samuels, FOUR, 132.4 kph, nearly played on. Samuels looks to run this down to third man, there is no room, in fact this is over the stumps, and he gets an inside edge for a four to fine leg. Only the fifth time that all of the top six have got scores of 50 or more

Aaron to Rampaul, 1 run, 132.7 kph, pushes this one to the deep cover, who has been moved back after those two boundaries

Aaron to Rampaul, FOUR, 140.3 kph, another superb cover-drive, leaning into a length ball, opening the face sufficiently to miss the cover fielder

Aaron to Rampaul, FOUR, 134.1 kph, Lovely cover-drive. This is not a half-volley. Comes forward and drives this on the up, past extra cover, all along the ground

Genuine phaast bowler by Indian standards, nothing new here. Next time dont hype anyone please.

Varun in Debut Test
he was Trundling

in Test Match it is Very thought to bowl Consistently at 140kph and Junaid has done That in Past

He was carrying a niggle in that match and was out of cricket for 2 and half years after it.

Not taking sides in this debate which is built on two flawed arguments but please don't use the pitch as an excuse for bowling speed because the speed is judged from the bowler's hand before it hits the pitch.

sent from dil se

The pitches were the reason Juni didn't do as well even if he averaged 28 but other than that I agree.

Not taking sides in this debate which is built on two flawed arguments but please don't use the pitch as an excuse for bowling speed because the speed is judged from the bowler's hand before it hits the pitch.

Bowlers are more motivated to bowl fast on a pitch offering help. Anyone who has played cricket can testify to this.

Who cares about the speed, Junaid is far more superior than any Indian fast bowler to have ever playe the game comparing him to a bowler like aaron is an insult.

That is why I defended junaid in my recent post and that is why I agree with you ,however for doing wonders u need backup from ur captain and also one can't neglect a fact that he is coming back after a long time,so surely he will be rusty.

sent from dil se

I'm not writing him off, as i said earlier guys like Aaron,Talha,Wahab and Umesh have pace and need to work on control, for that these bowlers will need to work hard.

Junaid's not someone who relies on Pace to get people out..

I think Aaron has similar bowling style to bhatti and bowls at similar speeds too

Ishant touched 152kph in Australia in 2008

But never was Consistent Bowler even at 140kph

even Gul has Touched 150kph Mark

Question is Average Pace (Consistent Pace)

Iam sure Junaid Khan Average pace is better than Varun Aaron in ODI :)

Where India only had 2 Genuine Quick Yadav,Aaron
Yadav Proven Failure like Sami 6.07 Econ after 30 ODI,S
Aaron has not more than 10 ODI Wicket,s yet

on other hand Pakistan have few Bowler,s which are capable of Touching 90mph mark
Bilwal Bhatti is Consistently 142-144kph (ODI)
Mohd Talha Will be Conistently 142-144kph (ODI) Because he will not have to save his Energy for 2nd Spell than
Mohd Irfan is Consitently 140kph Mark
Junaid Touch consistently 139kph mark in ODI

We also have few Fast Bowler,s playing in domestic Cricket
USMAN Khan Shinwari Touched 148kph mark in T-20 vs SL
Ataullah heard he has some pace
Ahmad Jamal also can bowl Fast
Zia ul haq is very pacy to

Junaid's not someone who relies on Pace to get people out..

I think Aaron has similar bowling style to bhatti and bowls at similar speeds too

Bhatti is faster (ODI)

Agar Compare karne ki liye Thread Banani hai

Bane lo

Main Prove kar do gaye Bhatti Faster hai

Bcz woh Consistently Touch karte hai 140kph

Where Aaron ek ball 130s main aur doosre early 140s main

Sri Lankan bowlers bowled the same amount of overs but no one hit the majestic pace of 76- 78 mph consistently..

No. Check the series stats Junaid bowled 25- 30 overs more then Lakmal and Enanga which is an innings more worth of bowling maybe more. Check facts before sprouting rubbish.

Indiana jones is constantly after Junaid's pace when that has nothing to do with Aaron's performance, also Junaid doesn't rely on pace to get wkts.

Kiwi pacers showing just how bad the Indians were.

No. Check the series stats Junaid bowled 25- 30 overs more then Lakmal and Enanga which is an innings more worth of bowling maybe more. Check facts before sprouting rubbish.

If that's the case, I agree I got it wrong. Can you post the number of overs bowled by lakmal, eranga and junaid to make your point more reliable?.. Thx.

I simply don't understand, even if Junaid start bowling at the pace of say Prasad,Prabharkar,Bhuvi and most other Indian pacers, how is it relevant to Aaron's performance? If Junaid was an Indian, would they have rejected him coz of his so called slow pace?

The pitches were the reason Juni didn't do as well even if he averaged 28 but other than that I agree.

Bowlers are more motivated to bowl fast on a pitch offering help. Anyone who has played cricket can testify to this.

On a wicket that is slower, you put in extra effort to minimize the effect of the pitch as much as possible.

If that's the case, I agree I got it wrong. Can you post the number of overs bowled by lakmal, eranga and junaid to make your point more reliable?.. Thx.

Junaid 155, Eranga and Lakmal 130.Alos do not forfet due to SL go slowapproach in the last test bowled overs 110 overs more then SL which is almost 4 sessions of bowling thus also leading to more fatigue.

Last edited:
agree with mamoon

on Slower Pitches like Sharjah Your pace go down

iam sure even Morkel,Johnson will Struggle to bowl Consistently 140 There

On a wicket that is slower, you put in extra effort to minimize the effect of the pitch as much as possible.

No when you have already bowled 150 odd overs for the series Ajmal lack of potency meant Pakistan had to be on the field for longer periods thus drop in Junaid's speeds.

Junaid's speed decreases in 2nd or 3rd spell mostly. He starts around 138 but then as the day progresses speed comes down. He bowled a lot of overs so by the end of 3rd match he was out of juices, which happens with all the bowlers but it happens more with Junaid due to his fitness issues. He needs to work on his fitness. He is capable of bowling over 140 and around 140 consistently but he needs to work on his fitness.

Also, Pakistan had playing cricket and traveling regularly.. that take heavy toll on your body too.

No when you have already bowled 150 odd overs for the series Ajmal lack of potency meant Pakistan had to be on the field for longer periods thus drop in Junaid's speeds.

Junaid hasn't been express in his first spell of the series either. His pace has dropped considerably over the last year.

Junaid hasn't been express in his first spell of the series either. His pace has dropped considerably over the last year.

Nope he had been bowling around 140 K consistently. Not sure what you have been watching.

Juni will never be rapid but his opening couple of spells are always in mid to high 130's occasionaly hitting 140's. Pace is not the area I am concerned about Juniad its his new ball skills that needs most improvement.

Nope he had been bowling around 140 K consistently. Not sure what you have been watching.

Agreed. Was as quick as Talha at the beginning of the test but the pitch took its toll.

For most bowlers, on slow pitches if you bowl with more pace and dont move he bowl, you are actually helping the batsmen in stroke making; (playing strokes at times is difficult on slower pitches because bowl dont come on bat). But great bowlers who move the ball in air crank it up when there is reverse/conventional swing, Juniad doesnot have that air movement at the moment, he at times rely on seam, that can be easier to stroke on slow pitch if delivered with extra pace.

Last edited:
Varun Aaron-New Indian Genuine pacer

Better than junaid khan who was bowling 76mph bouncers in last test match...

That was in a test match don't compare Aaron to one of the best young bowlers in the world we all know what happened last time :BK

he did

i seen him Touch 148kph Live

Maybe it was Speed gun Error

but iss na Touch ki tha 148kph according to GEO Super Speed guns

It was an error. So we should not include that delivery and label him a 148 kph bowler.

I hope dhoni doesn't drop him and bring in Ishant,that will be a traversity!

I hope dhoni doesn't drop him and bring in Ishant,that will be a traversity!

Well for that not to happen he'll have to rpove that he's better than Ishant. This performance did not help his cause.

Well for that not to happen he'll have to rpove that he's better than Ishant. This performance did not help his cause.

He will do well,I'm sure,it's only his 1st game after the injury lay-off,was a bit rusty.

Yadav is faster than him. Srinath was faster too. How can he be India's 'first genuine fast bowler' as claimed by many on this thread?

Bhai Claim down

My Post Number 734 is Answer to indian Fan,s

Varun was trundling in Test match 2nd spell

His average speed was 135kph

Junaid is LEFT Arm Fast According to Cricinfo bcz Mostly he bowl Consistently over 138-139kph in ODI

Where Yadav is Right arm Fast 1 bowl in 132kph mark and next one in 140kph
Not consistent Thought

Junaid's avg speed most of the times is around 128,I have seen him bowl in the mid 120s many times

It was one match. Sharma has got so many matches. He should get a good run to see if he can be a man instant.

Junaid's avg speed most of the times is around 128,I have seen him bowl in the mid 120s many times

Lies. I watch him bowl a lot and that SHarjah test was one of the extremely rare times that his pace is in the high 120's. His average pace is the mid 135's but he's very capable of cranking it up when needed.

Juni will never be rapid but his opening couple of spells are always in mid to high 130's occasionaly hitting 140's. Pace is not the area I am concerned about Juniad its his new ball skills that needs most improvement.

Agreed. Was as quick as Talha at the beginning of the test but the pitch took its toll.

Lies. I watch him bowl a lot and that SHarjah test was one of the extremely rare times that his pace is in the high 120's. His average pace is the mid 135's but he's very capable of cranking it up when needed.

He can still hit the 140 mark but his average speed has dropped. He was quicker before. Can't blame fatigue because he gets treated frequently.

Yes I agree he really needs to improve his new ball skills. Bowls the wrong length, doesn't generate conventional swing and hence doesn't pick early wickets.

LOL.. Unfortunate to hear this comment. Aaron is a very decent bowler and please don't compare him with Ishant.

If you're comment's intention was to troll, never mind..

LOL.. Unfortunate to hear this comment. Aaron is a very decent bowler and please don't compare him with Ishant.

If you're comment's intention was to troll, never mind..

What was wrong with my comment? Can't fault Dhoni for turning back to Ishant when all the other bowlers are even worse than him. Why couldn't Yadav, Aaron secure their places ahead of him?

What was wrong with my comment? Can't fault Dhoni for turning back to Ishant when all the other bowlers are even worse than him. Why couldn't Yadav, Aaron secure their places ahead of him?

You don't secure your place in the side in one match. Say if Misbah plays Umar Akmal or Fawad Alam in the next test and Umar/Fawad scores a 30 and 20, would you say he couldn't secure his place and Misbah has all the rights to revert back to Shoaib Malik?

You don't secure your place in the side in one match. Say if Misbah plays Umar Akmal or Fawad Alam in the next test and Umar/Fawad scores a 30 and 20, would you say he couldn't secure his place and Misbah has all the rights to revert back to Shoaib Malik?

I agree with this. I do however say that the aforementioned do have a body of international work. In this case Aaron deserves a good run. I mean one cannot so worse than Sharma.

Shoaib Malik? Asad SHafiq is our #6 and yes that is what I would say. If the guys coming in are not any better then why disrupt the team atmosphere by getting a new guy in who is less experienced and not any younger.

Shoaib Malik? Asad SHafiq is our #6 and yes that is what I would say. If the guys coming in are not any better then why disrupt the team atmosphere by getting a new guy in who is less experienced and not any younger.

I was giving an example.

So you know Varun Aaron isn't any better than Ishant by watching him bowl 7 overs?

Not a good argument.

They were not given enough opportunities. And unfortunately, they are a little injury prone.. Do you think Hafeez is a better batsman than Umar Akmal or say Jamshed, your so called 'future'?

I agree with this. I do however say that the aforementioned do have a body of international work. In this case Aaron deserves a good run. I mean one cannot so worse than Sharma.

Absolutely. As per me there are only 2 bowlers worse than Ishant Sharma, Ashok Dinda and Vinay Kumar.

With others, if you give them a rope as long as you gave to Ishant, they'll at least perform better than him.

They were not given enough opportunities. And unfortunately, they are a little injury prone.. Do you think Hafeez is a better batsman than Umar Akmal or say Jamshed, your so called 'future'?

I was giving an example.

So you know Varun Aaron isn't any better than Ishant by watching him bowl 7 overs?

Well I was just making a point. Aaron still has atleast two games to go in the current series. If he does well he's rightly move up in the pecking order, if he gets carted around what do you do as a captain?

He has potential. He needs to work his lengths out.

Also learn the art of death bowling - that requires a lot of hard work in the nets. It's all down to him but he will do better than Ishant.

Well I was just making a point. Aaron still has atleast two games to go in the current series. If he does well he's rightly move up in the pecking order, if he gets carted around what do you do as a captain?

Ishant Sharma has had 6 years and only regressed.

This guy deserves at least 1 full year.

Ishant Sharma has had 6 years and only regressed.

This guy deserves at least 1 full year.

I don't know about a year but a few series is a good indication if you have some talent on your team.

I would never play Ishant again if I were the Captain. Are you insane? It's just ridiculous that you would want (or think it's the only alternative) Ishant to play for India again. If not Aaron, then any other pacer, but not Ishant.

I would never play Ishant again if I were the Captain. Are you insane? It's just ridiculous that you would want (or think it's the only alternative) Ishant to play for India again. If not Aaron, then any other pacer, but not Ishant.

If Aaron fails then you have Yadav who has an economy of over 6 in ODIs, that is beyond pathetic. After him Zaheer has lost it along with Pathan. Dinda was as bad as Sharma. Who else is there?

If Aaron fails then you have Yadav who has an economy of over 6 in ODIs, that is beyond pathetic. After him Zaheer has lost it along with Pathan. Dinda was as bad as Sharma. Who else is there?

Obviously you wouldn't know the domestic performers. So, only these handful bunch of 'pacers' should be playing forever as if there's no end, right?

P.S. The Kashmiri pacers, Fallah from Maharashtra have performed really well this Ranji season

lot of young guys like Pandey,Sandeep Sharma,Kaul,Unadkat etc.

I would never play Ishant again if I were captain.
The guy is a proven ttf.
Aaron definetly deserves more chances!

lot of young guys like Pandey,Sandeep Sharma,Kaul,Unadkat etc.

Ehh? Sandeep Sharma, kaul and unadkat bowl @ 125- 130k max...not good enough for international matches. Our best bet relies on shami, varun, umesh, pandey, dhawal kulkarni, Rahul shukla and pawan suyal. These guys have pace for international cricket.

Who cares about the speed, Junaid is far more superior than any Indian fast bowler to have ever playe the game comparing him to a bowler like aaron is an insult.

Haha, check out Kapil's record against WI, the best side of his era. Now Junaid is a fresh new bowler and has potential, but against the only good test team he has faced so far, he averages 52. Talk about Junaid already being superior to any Indian fast bowler ever. This is like saying that Kohli is already superior to every test batsman Pakistan has ever produced.

Back