Varun Aaron - New Indian Genuine pacer

Not genuine fast by any stretch only one delivery above 145kph. if he's genuine fast then standards are certainly coming down :facepalm:

We dont even call Wahab as genuine fast he is just a medium fast bowler and he's just equal to him in pace

Not genuine fast by any stretch only one delivery above 145kph. if he's genuine fast then standards are certainly coming down :facepalm:

We dont even call Wahab as genuine fast he is just a medium fast bowler and he's just equal to him in pace

First test ..that said he seems to have a jerky action not smooth and a start stop run up..if he improves that he will surely quicken up

Yes he is good. Bowls wicket taking deliveries, has just been unlucky so far today

He was slower initially. Now he is bowling consistently around 142-145 kph. That's fast for Indian bowlers.

Last edited:
He was slower initially. Now he is bowling consistently around 142-145 kph. That's fast for Indian bowlers.

but cant beat the bat at 218/2

Bowlers are going to suffer on this pitch for the sake of Tendu 100

Aaron to Bravo, no run, length ball on off, pushed to cover

Aaron to Bravo, no run, 145.2 kph, another good-looking drive on the up, but straight to mid-off

Aaron to Bravo, no run, 146.1 kph, driven on the up, can't beat extra cover

Aaron to Bravo, no run, 139.7 kph, short and wide, left alone

Aaron to KA Edwards, 1 run, 144.5 kph, full and wide, dug out to deep cover to bring up a very impressive fifty. Gets a generous applause from the balcony

Aaron to KA Edwards, FOUR, 144.1 kph, Just hand him a car please. Kirk is in superb driving form. Length ball on off, this time he goes to the right of mid-on. Hit on the up. High elbow for the pose. The ball goes along he ground

Right now he lacks wicket taking ability. Inexperience showing , not consistent on his length and tries too hard rather than keeping it simple.

Right now he lacks wicket taking ability. Inexperience showing , not consistent on his length and tries too hard rather than keeping it simple.

its a flat track :(
he did bowl well against England in ODIs

its a flat track :(
he did bowl well against England in ODIs
true and we shouldnt expect readymade malcom marshalls

4 bowlers avg around 30-32 means we can get most sides out for 320 odd our batting should be able to handle that

true and we shouldnt expect readymade malcom marshalls

4 bowlers avg around 30-32 means we can get most sides out for 320 odd our batting should be able to handle that

only your best bowler zaheer avges around 30-32

Ishant's average is approaching 36 almost

and Varuns F.C average=42

that sounds more offensive :)))
sehwagsta or uvista too sounds cool :D

UV's days have gone. I don't see many people getting excited by his performances. This has been trend for a year or so. Most of the young girls have left him and adopted the new kid Kohli.

Sehwag is still star of Indian batting.

only your best bowler zaheer avges around 30-32

Ishant's average is approaching 36 almost

and Varuns F.C average=42
I know the point being our aim is to get all bowlers in this range

bhajji 32
zak 31
ishant 35 (should go down to 33-32)
yadav/PK/aaron (30-32)

this would do our job when only 1 of them has a good day

I know the point being our aim is to get all bowlers in this range

bhajji 32
zak 31
ishant 35 (should go down to 33-32)
yadav/PK/aaron (30-32)

this would do our job when only 1 of them has a good day

bhajji's is a crap bowler he should not play for India anymore..

Ishant is onhis way up as far as average is concerned , what has he done apart from one series against W.I

Zak always gets injured in first test of the series...

PK and Aaron will struggle to average 30-32.

Only yadav has potential as far as i am concerned to average around 30

bhajji's is a crap bowler he should not play for India anymore..

Ishant is onhis way up as far as average is concerned , what has he done apart from one series against W.I

Zak always gets injured in first test of the series...

PK and Aaron will struggle to average 30-32.

Only yadav has potential as far as i am concerned to average around 30

Zaheer's career is more or less over. I don't have any hope from Ishant.

Aaron has lot to improve though.

let them play 10-12 matches atleast ...

Going by your logic Yadav>waqar,wasim,steyn etc

:facepalm:

He is bowling mid-80s and crossing 90s every now and then.

That is very fast for an Indian and the guy is only 22. In 5 years time he will be at his peak speed and with Ishant India could potentially for the first time in their history have two guys able to cross 95 mph bowling together.

However we have all been here before, Indian bowlers tend to start of at their peak rather than reach it like fast bowlers of all other nations. If history is anything to go by, in two years time Varun would be in and out of the team bowling at the same speed or slower to increase his career span.

Wont get any faster than this. And this pace is just fine, just needs to start picking wickets

Wont get any faster than this. And this pace is just fine, just needs to start picking wickets

He can increase pace. He hardly looks good with his run up and action. I guess he will improve his run and if he works hard, he can become fast.

For both Yadav and Aaron, good part is that they are hardworking unlike other pacers (Munaf, Zaheer, Sreesanth).

He is bowling mid-80s and crossing 90s every now and then.

That is very fast for an Indian and the guy is only 22. In 5 years time he will be at his peak speed and with Ishant India could potentially for the first time in their history have two guys able to cross 95 mph bowling together.

However we have all been here before, Indian bowlers tend to start of at their peak rather than reach it like fast bowlers of all other nations. If history is anything to go by, in two years time Varun would be in and out of the team bowling at the same speed or slower to increase his career span.

I disagree I dont see either of Ishant,Aron or yadav crossing 95mph...

It would be good enough from them even if they mantain that pace

What do you mean by crossing 95? Ability to hit 95 consistently or once in blue moon. Ishant's fastest in international matches is 152.

I can tell you Yadav >> Aaron.

Yadav has extra pace and a knack of producing wicket taking deliveries every now and then even on flat surfaces.

Aaron seems more worried about him being belted around the park.

I can see that Yadav will have a better career than Aaron barring injuries.

I can tell you Yadav >> Aaron.

Yadav has extra pace and a knack of producing wicket taking deliveries every now and then even on flat surfaces.

Aaron seems more worried about him being belted around the park.

I can see that Yadav will have a better career than Aaron barring injuries.

But people were saying the same thing about Yadav after first innings at Kotla. Aaron did produce wicket taking stuff in ODIs.

dont need 95 mph...no 90 mph bowler can play cosistently with good fitness. even 88-92 mph pace is good with consistent line and length and some movement.

so why did Yadav get dropped?

would be good to see Zaheer,Yadav, Varun vs Gul, Cheema, Junaid

when will the BCCI allow this? hopefully in my lifetime

dont need 95 mph...no 90 mph bowler can play cosistently with good fitness. even 88-92 mph pace is good with consistent line and length and some movement.

exactly, Steyn was bowling mid 130s for large parts of final innings

I think the main point is if you can bowl some at 150 ish then your 135s are more dangerous

he is quick.fastest ball of 147ks and avg speed of 142.5ks.

This is a flat pitch yet he beat the bat umpteenth no. of times.

Varun has already clocked 150ks in IPL and Domestic ODIs so has Yadav.

@all -

What's the take? Didn't watch the match, but saw his bowling figures and they looked unimpressive. Bachche mei baat hai ya nahi?

@statsman

Flattest of all the pitches.
But he bowled really fast throughout his spell.

@all -

What's the take? Didn't watch the match, but saw his bowling figures and they looked unimpressive. Bachche mei baat hai ya nahi?

He is fast.beat the bat no. of times.2 catches dropped.......

He is nippy and hits good lines. Potentially good bowler. Didn't spray it around.

I see him slowing down though after a back injury.

He is nippy and hits good lines. Potentially good bowler. Didn't spray it around.

I see him slowing down though after a back injury.

He already had 2.Modified his action slightly.hasnt slowed down.....

In ODIs Aaron bowled better than Yadav.
In the last test Yadav did really well..

Hope both does well.

Just checked Aaron's speed out on cricinfo, only a couple of deliveries at 90 or more, I was expecting him to be quicker atleast as fast as Sami (who was regulalrly bowling in the 90's).......

But he could improve his speed, all depends on the next couple of months.....Aslong as he stays away from the Indian bowling coaches he will do well in terms of pace.............

I hate to break your bubble guys, but honestly, theres about 10 Aarons in the Pakistan domestic circuit.

One such guy you all know about :sami

I hate to break your bubble guys, but honestly, theres about 10 Aarons in the Pakistan domestic circuit.

One such guy you all know about :sami

In the words of the Legend:

"Irfan Pathan jaise bowlers toh Pakistan ki gallion main her jagah hotay hain"

:jm

In the words of the Legend:

"Irfan Pathan jaise bowlers toh Pakistan ki gallion main her jagah hotay hain"

:jm

Yeah, people laughed at Javed for a short while but they quickly realised he was making sense with his comment.

he does not have an islower ball? :akhtar

been hit for 19 runs in this over now, lol... all bowled at same ispeed

Aaron to Samuels, 2 runs, 135.0 kph, pushes this short-of-a-length ball to the right of third man and comes back for a couple

Aaron to Samuels, FOUR, 134.6 kph, Majestic. Lovely cover-drive, fourth boundary of the over. It's a length ball, Samuels moves half-forward, then drives it on the up. All along the ground it goes, between mid-off and extra cover

Aaron to Samuels, FOUR, 132.4 kph, nearly played on. Samuels looks to run this down to third man, there is no room, in fact this is over the stumps, and he gets an inside edge for a four to fine leg. Only the fifth time that all of the top six have got scores of 50 or more

Aaron to Rampaul, 1 run, 132.7 kph, pushes this one to the deep cover, who has been moved back after those two boundaries

Aaron to Rampaul, FOUR, 140.3 kph, another superb cover-drive, leaning into a length ball, opening the face sufficiently to miss the cover fielder

Aaron to Rampaul, FOUR, 134.1 kph, Lovely cover-drive. This is not a half-volley. Comes forward and drives this on the up, past extra cover, all along the ground

Aaron to Samuels, 2 runs, 135.0 kph, pushes this short-of-a-length ball to the right of third man and comes back for a couple

Aaron to Samuels, FOUR, 134.6 kph, Majestic. Lovely cover-drive, fourth boundary of the over. It's a length ball, Samuels moves half-forward, then drives it on the up. All along the ground it goes, between mid-off and extra cover

Aaron to Samuels, FOUR, 132.4 kph, nearly played on. Samuels looks to run this down to third man, there is no room, in fact this is over the stumps, and he gets an inside edge for a four to fine leg. Only the fifth time that all of the top six have got scores of 50 or more

Aaron to Rampaul, 1 run, 132.7 kph, pushes this one to the deep cover, who has been moved back after those two boundaries

Aaron to Rampaul, FOUR, 140.3 kph, another superb cover-drive, leaning into a length ball, opening the face sufficiently to miss the cover fielder

Aaron to Rampaul, FOUR, 134.1 kph, Lovely cover-drive. This is not a half-volley. Comes forward and drives this on the up, past extra cover, all along the ground
Dhoni dropped a low catch off Marlon Samuels , when the batsman was on 46, off the bowling of Aaron.you missed this mate

Those are good speeds for test standards and be easy on this guy. Bowling on a flat deck for two days , no easy thing. Akhtar would have left with a fake injury yesterday evening itself , Varun at least is carrying on.

Genuine phaast bowler by Indian standards, nothing new here. Next time dont hype anyone please.

Last edited:
Just checked Aaron's speed out on cricinfo, only a couple of deliveries at 90 or more, I was expecting him to be quicker atleast as fast as Sami (who was regulalrly bowling in the 90's).......

But he could improve his speed, all depends on the next couple of months.....Aslong as he stays away from the Indian bowling coaches he will do well in terms of pace.............

cricinfo is showing wrong speeds. Speeds on TV and shown on cricinfo are different on every ball. Cricinfo even have shown two different speeds on a single ball. They have some problem in their system.

Back