Varun Aaron - New Indian Genuine pacer

bowled better with the oldish ball...some reverse swing...bowling 140-145 in mumbai is no mean feat...

Very good debut for Varun. 3 clean bowleds in first match :14:

Pace was good too. Was consistently crossing the 140 kph, getting to 145 kph a few times. Not bad considering it was his first match and he had to make sure he doesn't go for a lot of runs as he is fighting with Umesh Yadav now since only one of them can play

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bcyBL7KCFoo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Please no Sreesanth, i hope i never see him. What a disappointment :facepalm:

I am dying to see Umesh and Aaron bowling on bouncy Aussie pitches :boom:

I was happy to finally see him play for india, he bowled very well!! Not the express pace we were told about but easliy the quickest indian bowler playing. Hope for Indias sake he gets better and better!

Stick with the youngster

Really good bowling. Really good prospect for India. Nothing like a pacer troubling the opposition.

Please no Sreesanth, i hope i never see him. What a disappointment :facepalm:

I actually think he is quite a good bowler. He has a great seam position and a lovely out-swinger.

+ he is a real nice guy (yeah, shocking)

But now Indians lately have seem to found some good bowlers. They have a pretty 'decent' bowling attack, although Yadav & Aaron have only played a few games. They also did knock over a few tail-enders with the ball keeping low but wickets are wickets. They both had good pace for Indian standards.

Zaheer Khan, Yadav, Aaron, Munaf, Ashwin, Jadeja.

^ seems real good. & I don't consider Vinay Kumar as decent because he shouldn't even be called a bowler.

This is good for the world cricket, now we have decent pacers in south africa (steyn/morkel), Pakistan (Junaid/Gul), Australia (cummins/lee), England (Anderson/Broad), India is getting some quicks too which is very good for the sport. All we need is are some supporting wickets for these young quicks.

The real challenge for these blokes is to maintain this pace for a long period of time atleast for the next 5-6 years. The way Indian bowlers in the past have panned out i predict this guy will eventually be forced into becoming a 130-135 km/hr trundler.

I actually think he is quite a good bowler. He has a great seam position and a lovely out-swinger.

But now Indians lately have seem to found some good bowlers. They have a pretty 'decent' bowling attack, although Yadav & Aaron have only played a few games. They also did knock over a few tail-enders with the ball keeping low but wickets are wickets. They both had good pace for Indian standards.

^ seems real good. & I don't consider Vinay Kumar as decent because he shouldn't even be called a bowler.

you got that last part very rightly. He shouldn't be playing even in school tournaments.

Nothing we haven't seen before. I predict he will go the way of many fellow Indian pacers of the past. Military medium and struggling to touch 130kph.

Ishanth Sharma if fit is great too

very impressive was Aaron, let's just hope he can withstand the test of time.

bowled at an excellent line and length, at 140-142k, can't ask for more.

Attachments

• ind.jpg
    ind.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 383
  • all.jpg
    all.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 386
The real challenge for these blokes is to maintain this pace for a long period of time atleast for the next 5-6 years. The way Indian bowlers in the past have panned out i predict this guy will eventually be forced into becoming a 130-135 km/hr trundler.

This is my fear, my guess is that they overtrain these guys, they always look tired, even before a game.

Other than Umesh and Varun, there are two other bowlers Abu Nechim and Shami Ahmed who are worth a punt instead of the trundlers brigade we have been giving chances to.

Abu can get to 140 easily, can swing the ball both ways and has a good yorker.

Shami Ahmed is someone whom Wasim Akram kept taling about during the zEngland series. Plays for KKR, so Akram does know how good he is. Has a perfect action for being an outswing bowler and clocked 140+ in a CL match he recently played.

Definitely better than the likes of Aravind and Mithun. But not sure if even our selectors know about them.

Other than Umesh and Varun, there are two other bowlers Abu Nechim and Shami Ahmed who are worth a punt instead of the trundlers brigade we have been giving chances to.

Abu can get to 140 easily, can swing the ball both ways and has a good yorker.

Shami Ahmed is someone whom Wasim Akram kept taling about during the zEngland series. Plays for KKR, so Akram does know how good he is. Has a perfect action for being an outswing bowler and clocked 140+ in a CL match he recently played.

Definitely better than the likes of Aravind and Mithun. But not sure if even our selectors know about them.

There are one more from Jharkhand Rahul Shukla who is as quick as Aaron and Yadav. He was Aaron's bowling partner in U19 and had performed even better than Aaron then.

so india does have fast bowlers it's just that they love there trundlers more

Can he be the first to remain quick throughout his career, legend suggest no with these indian lads, but for the sake of cricket, i hope he prevails.

so india does have fast bowlers it's just that they love there trundlers more

Fast bowlers have started to come now. Guys now want to bowl fast. It is up to team management now how they handle them. They need to make a pool of pacers.

I can name a few who also can bowl 140 or so.

Ishant Sharma
Umesh Yadav
Varun Aaron
Abu Nechim Ahmed
Sudeep Tyagi
Rahul Shukla
Rehan Khan
Mohammad Shami Ahmed
Faizal Dhudhat (He is very raw right now)

Apart from Ishant, all others are inexperienced and raw and making their way. Likes of Shami Ahmed, Rehan Khan, and Faizal Dhudhat are very raw and dont have FC experience. They are making their way up now.

But all of them are quick enough and can bowl 140+. Now it is team management's job to handle and develop them.

Last edited:
staying power RKT bhaiyya, staying power.

aate jaate to sab hi rehte hain
, even friggin' VRV Singh had pace.

AZ bhai, Varun RAYMOND Aaron

That bolded part in his name is the difference. Is a beef eater :), just needs some sane guidance and good handling of his workload.

Ishant Sharma
Umesh Yadav
Varun Aaron
Abu Nechim Ahmed
Sudeep Tyagi
Rahul Shukla
Rehan Khan
Mohammad Shami Ahmed

Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav will be in the high 80s (when in good form), Sudeep Tyagi was a good prospect years before, but Varun Aaron will maintain a good pace seeing his action and built.
Don't know about the rest though.

Perhaps Ganguly was right about the limitless fast bowling resources in India. :ahmed

Fast bowlers have started to come now. Guys now want to bowl fast. It is up to team management now how they handle them. They need to make a pool of pacers.

Ishant Sharma
Umesh Yadav
Varun Aaron
Abu Nechim Ahmed
Sudeep Tyagi
Rahul Shukla
Rehan Khan
Mohammad Shami Ahmed

Apart from Ishant, all others are inexperienced and raw and making their way. Likes of Shami Ahmed, Rehan Khan, and Faizal Dhudhat are very raw and dont have FC experience. They are making their way up now.

But all of them are quick enough and can bowl 140+. Now it is team management's job to handle and develop them.

umesh and varon look like fast bowlers sharma,sreesanth and co dont

Ishant Sharma
Umesh Yadav
Varun Aaron
Abu Nechim Ahmed
Sudeep Tyagi

Rahul Shukla
Rehan Khan
Mohammad Shami Ahmed

are the bowlers in bold beef eaters

AZ bhai, Varun RAYMOND Aaron

That bolded part in his name is the difference. Is a beef eater :), just needs some sane guidance and good handling of his workload.

I think he has already had enough Big Macs to last a lifetime :inzi

needs to get a bit leaner, otherwise his action will give him lower back issues.

Bhai..I am not saying all will be turn world beater..I meant if 2-3 out of these turn out to be good for us that will be good for the team. That we had VRV and all hopes were on him. Now we have quite a few, not just one.

Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav will be in the high 80s (when in good form), Sudeep Tyagi was a good prospect years before, but Varun Aaron will maintain a good pace seeing his action and built.
Don't know about the rest though.

Perhaps Ganguly was right about the limitless fast bowling resources in India. :ahmed

Sudeep Tyagi is still a good prospect. He is not as quick as Yadav or Aaron but still bowls mid to high 80s mph. He is still the best bowler in Indian domestic cricket in terms of taking wickets in regarding to guys who have some pace. and Sudeep Tyagi is one of them. He was out because of injury, nothing else. He would have made it for WI tour earlier this year if he not for injury.

Remember, he only played 3 FC matches last season in Ranji Trophy and took 18 wickets at an average of 14 and strike rate of 26 with 2 5-fers. He won 2 out of those 3 matches to UP from nowhere but then he suffered a shoulder injury in his 4th match which kept him out for 10 months, bot now he is back again has taken a few wickets in ongoing T20 tournament.

He is out best bet in terms of test cricket right now. He has decent pace, bounce, and seam movement as well.

I think he has already had enough Big Macs to last a lifetime :inzi

needs to get a bit leaner, otherwise his action will give him lower back issues.

read somewhere that he was leaner earlier and had back problems. Lillee advised him to get bulkier to avoid those stress fractures. And Varun promptly followed the instructions of his guru :)

pata nai, he looks too heavy to me...

Yes..looks to be heavy..But even some slimmer guys gets injured so often. It is all about particular body and how he work out and strengthen his body to take the pressure, IMO.

Team management needs to handle these guys carefully.

and to be honest in odi cricket the likes of viney kumar and parveen do the job, no real need for express pace,
its the test matches where that extra pace counts and works as a surprise element.

:)))

itne bare bare jhoot
, especially about Srinath.

:)))

itne bare bare jhoot
, especially about Srinath.

Srinath bowled at 143-144 in his budhapa in the 2003 WC when Wasim and Waqar had slowed down to 135-136 :)

Must surely have been quicker in the mid 90s. 1996 was his peak . First the series in Eng and then in SA where he was quicker than the white lightning. Not sure about the speeds though.

Alas, his shoulder gave away after the SA tour in 1996.

Srinath bowled at 143-144 in his budhapa in the 2003 WC when Wasim and Waqar had slowed down to 135-136 :)

Must surely have been quicker in the mid 90s. 1996 was his peak . First the series in Eng and then in SA where he was quicker than the white lightning. Not sure about the speeds though.

Alas, his shoulder gave away after the SA tour in 1996.

Srinath at 143-144 km/hr? He had slowed down considerably and was mostly operating at the 127-130 km/hr region with his effort ball being in the 132-133 km/hr region.

I know my memory serves me right and Srinath only cranked up his pace in the big games at the 2003 WC where he started bowling in the 136-140 km/hr region. Wasim and Waqar operated in the same vein.

My patience has paid off, says Varun Aaron

“It is a great feeling to have debuted like this for India,” Aaron told DNA on Monday. “Patience has paid off for me. I have waited for this opportunity for long, but was not in a hurry. I knew that my opportunity would come one day and I wanted to give my 100 per cent,” Varun added.

Aaron said he would never sacrifice his pace. “I have always been asked about my pace. Yeah, pace is my forte and I am not going to cut on it. But then I am a bowler who likes to bowl a good line and length. So, a good pace and a line will make me a better bowler,” he added.

^^ Varun, good thinking.

One advice :

Whenever you see around a 6.2 ft ex-indian bowler and ex bowling coach, just run away as far as you can.

Srinath had good pace. Not express but was always good

Aron's pace and control was good, the wickets he took are not as important as they were all tailenders (though Bresnan is good).

Bowler's real test is to maintain the same speed over 5-10 years. Only when you look back at their careers you can give a correct answer. As of now he is a prospect, just like many many others in World.

took the 1st important wicket today :) good to see him in 85-90 mph for a change, let's hope he keeps it up...

Yea that first wicket was so important. Started it all , well done fella ! :19:

I hope this guy maintains this pace for next 6-7 yrs.

Last edited:
Good luck to Varun Aaron. I hope he earns a place in Australian tour team.

Back