Varun Aaron - New Indian Genuine pacer

Varun Aaron sounds so like the "Roti voti, Khana wana, pana vani" mehmal crap we used to rote in Urdu grammar
:))

i think he is 80-85mph bowler who can get the occasional delivery around 88-90mph mark (i.e an effort ball)
the 150kph+ is nothing more than a faulty speed gun theres no way he is bowling those speeds at that 5ft height build.

he looks like a raw sreesanth.

Height has little to do with it, look at Malinga.

@carbon he is a genuine quick bowler look at how far keeper is standing. There was no error in speed guns. Just wait for a month for his ipl debut, maybe on 10th march,mhe will be playing

lol, his T20 is a little high too but his List A is superb. Best you guys have here is an LOI prospect.

What? He is in the IPL already?
I did not know that, maybe I will switch over to that game just for him :)

He's probably gonna get spanked on this track, I don't think it'll be a good indicator. Credit to him if he does bowl well.

I don't expect him to do that well. But, I'll be interested in watching what he does.

To be truthful, I'll be surprised if he can bowl at 140-145 regularly.

Bowling around 135 and yeah he is getting whacked around but considering how flat the pitch is that isn't important

Good job India, now make sure he doesn't become a medium pacer after his first few years in international cricket.

he is quick..but unfortunately 140km means nothing in international cricket

Why are you watching IPL while we are playing

i flicked the channel to see him bowling

the other match doesnt really inspire much excitement so far!

wahab kept bowling wides changed channel

also one name

adam gilchrist

Last edited:
mid-140's. Looks ok. Nothing to get too excited about yet, but give him time.

profound words by the youngsta

I have been bowling quick since I was small, and I want to continue bowling quick.

Come on guys. No one is expecting an express bowler here in the same category as Akhtar, Tait, Lee and Bond. If someone is, then that is just stupid. However, I am quite exited about him because he is young, and he is bowling a bit quicker than what we are used to. If he can hit 140-145 consistently, I would say good for him and India! As long as he stays clean and does not have an attitude then I am supporting him as a cricketer, regardless of his background.

Missed the telecast :(

Just checked cricinfo, was hitting 145 kph a few times, fastest 147.6 kph. This is only his first match, i think he has lived up to the hype. Hopefully he will hit the 150 kph soon

good find ....Ishant ,RP & Praveen bowling well in IPL,Ishant even managing 150 kph speed ...so future altogether not looking bad in this department ....lets give Zaheer a much needed rest in next(WI) series ...common boys ...:)

I quite like his action, bowls big swinging yorkers too. The last wicket was quite cool and exciting to watch.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rq1MWyXDDm4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have seen the likes of Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth hit mid to late 140 km/hr. Trust me this guy will slow down just like everyone else.

I have seen the likes of Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth hit mid to late 140 km/hr. Trust me this guy will slow down just like everyone else.

Every new Indian pacer starts with decent pace actually. They just fail miserably to sustain it

Missed the telecast :(

Just checked cricinfo, was hitting 145 kph a few times, fastest 147.6 kph. This is only his first match, i think he has lived up to the hype. Hopefully he will hit the 150 kph soon

He was brutally murdered. Over hyped pacer. Needs to learn alot.

hahahah... another sreesanth for India is getting ready..... will be taken to cleaners he will ever play

If MSD is a great leader he needs to play bold now and help bringing in a raw talent like this guy and Valthaty

Back