[VIDEO] BJP leader threatens to ‘slaughter 200,000 Muslims’ over cow incident

@uppercut , I couldn't care less about your religious beliefs.

The reality is that beef is enjoyed by millions in this country and there's nothing you can do about it.

You can try to school me, but your arguments have 0 substance and have been easily dismantled.

This is a secular country champ not a hindu rashtra and it won't ever be one. You can't stop other people from eating what they want to.

Beef is enjoyed in Kerala, Goa and the North East. Try banning it there.

And to your last line, Muslims are offended by alcohol and pork. Should we respect their religious sensitivities too by banning it.

Keep your religious beliefs to yourself, don't try to dictate public policy by your personal beliefs. You can't tell others not to eat something because it offends you.

Genius secularism does not mean one gets a free pass to trample upon others sensibilities .... which is why there are actually penal laws to that effect. Ohh and they do protect sensibilities of Muslims... for instance making derogatory comments about their religion and prophet is punishable offense.

So going by your idiotic line of thinking it must be ok for me to burn a copy of their holy text , or setup a wine and pork shop next to a mosque?

A certain genius is calling me intolerant because I don't think people should be killed for consuming meat.

He wants to stop others from eating what they want and then cries about tolerance

Genius secularism does not mean one gets a free pass to trample upon others sensibilities .... which is why there are actually penal laws to that effect. Ohh and they do protect sensibilities of Muslims... for instance making derogatory comments about their religion and prophet is punishable offense.

So going by your idiotic line of thinking it must be ok for me to burn a copy of their holy text , or setup a wine and pork shop next to a mosque?
Secularism literally means that religious beliefs have 0 hold in how laws are made and govt functions, please read.

Are you so insecure that someone eating something offends you. Your personal feelings don't really matter.

Yes to your last point, in a free, secular country you should be allowed to do that. Was this supposed to be a gotcha lol

Secularism literally means that religious beliefs have 0 hold in how laws are made and govt functions, please read.

So France, Switzerland , Netherlands and few other Western countries that have laws against women wearing burqas , no construction of Minarets etc are not secular countries per your retarded interpretation of Secularism?

Are you so insecure that someone eating something offends you. Your personal feelings don't really matter.

So what happened to your tall claims on right to practice my religion ? Got stuck ? lol

Yes to your last point, in a free, secular country you should be allowed to do that. Was this supposed to be a gotcha lol

Thank god that the people that run the country do not subscribe to this lunacy. And No I fully realize that I cannot shame those who do not comprehend the concept of shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
So France, Switzerland , Netherlands and few other Western countries that have laws against women wearing burqas , no construction of Minarets etc are not secular countries per your retarded interpretation of Secularism?
In France, Switzerland and Netherlands you can eat whatever you want lol. There's no one trying to stop you from eating beef there.
So what happened to your tall claims on right to practice my religion ? Got stuck ? lol
How does a Muslim having beef at home stop you from practising your religion lol. Do you even hear yourself, unbelievable insecurity

You think secularism means stopping Muslims from eating beef because it hurts your feelings lol.

Your definition of secular is taken from whatsapp university and other andhbhakts.

In an actual secular state, there's no restriction on what a person can eat.

In a France or a Netherlands, your personal religious beliefs don't matter 1 bit. Public policy isn't made based on your sentiments and feelings

In France, Switzerland and Netherlands you can eat whatever you want lol. There's no one trying to stop you from eating beef there.

So the litmus Test for ssecularism in your bizzaro world is if the country allows beef ? And then I thought I was dealing with a rational individual. This is just plain comedy gold.🤣

How does a Muslim having beef at home stop you from practising your religion lol. Do you even hear yourself, unbelievable insecurity

You think secularism means stopping Muslims from eating beef because it hurts your feelings lol.

because a cow is harmed and there are actually laws to protect them and most importantly it is the duty of Hindus to do so as part of constitutional right. I see you conveniently are avoiding answering that.

Getting lectured on Secular rights from people of religious countries is always very very funny.
How much pork is available in any of the Islamic countries? Does some hotel serving Pork to non- Muslim affect your faith?
How does serving of alcohol to non-Muslims affect your faith in an Islamic country? What happened to beer in FIFA World Cup in Qatar?

Laws are not perfect and their implementation even worse.

Getting lectured on Secular rights from people of religious countries is always very very funny.
How much pork is available in any of the Islamic countries? Does some hotel serving Pork to non- Muslim affect your faith?
How does serving of alcohol to non-Muslims affect your faith in an Islamic country? What happened to beer in FIFA World Cup in Qatar?

Indians are so out of depth that they keep equating pork and beef for their arguments.

No wonder they are not taken seriously.

So the litmus Test for ssecularism in your bizzaro world is if the country allows beef ? And then I thought I was dealing with a rational individual. This is just plain comedy gold.🤣
Can you even understand the point I am trying to make. You talked about countries like France and they have no laws restricting anyone's dietary rights because of religious beliefs
because a cow is harmed and there are actually laws to protect them and most importantly it is the duty of Hindus to do so as part of constitutional right. I see you conveniently are avoiding answering that.
Doesn't matter what the duty of Hindus is. Your beliefs don't matter a bit if it affects others.

And what about Hindus in Kerala and other parts who eat beef, why do you continue to ignore this point

I am an Indian, what are you even talking about

And what about Hindus in Kerala and other parts who eat beef, why do you continue to ignore this point

It's not just Hindus who've been corrupted in states like Kerala, Goa and the North-east and have learnt to eat beef. Many of these sensitive souls don't realize dalits are even bigger consumers of beef than Muslims or Christians.

These guys should try standing near a beef stall in future and do a recce on the people who come there to buy fresh beef :dhoni

I've done this btw, so I know what I'm talking about. I hung around a few friends who think they're some RSS gangsters during the last Ram Navami when they'd warned beef stalls not to sell beef. It was embarrassing for them and extremely fun for the rest of us to see who was turning up at those stalls looking for beef lol

It's not just Hindus who've been corrupted in states like Kerala, Goa and the North-east and have learnt to eat beef. Many of these sensitive souls don't realize dalits are even bigger consumers of beef than Muslims or Christians.

These guys should try standing near a beef stall in future and do a recce on the people who come there to buy fresh beef :dhoni

I've done this btw, so I know what I'm talking about. I hung around a few friends who think they're some RSS gangsters during the last Ram Navami when they'd warned beef stalls not to sell beef. It was embarrassing for them and extremely fun for the rest of us to see who was turning up at those stalls looking for beef lol
These guys love talking about France but if French secularism was implemented in India they would have a heart attack

Just horrible how some guys here unhappy with a Pakistani eating beef in his house while they are OK with the fact that their country is the 2nd largest exporter of beef in the world. May be they will say now, our country send these cows and Buffaloes to other countries because of dearth of grass in their countries.

Another appalling argument here has been equating of 1 cow's life to life to 200000 individuals.

Just horrible how some guys here unhappy with a Pakistani eating beef in his house while they are OK with the fact that their country is the 2nd largest exporter of beef in the world. May be they will say now, our country send these cows and Buffaloes to other countries because of dearth of grass in their countries.

Another appalling argument here has been equating of 1 cow's life to life to 200000 individuals.
Modi should introduce sanctions on all beef eating countries.

Most Muslim countries allow people to buy Pork. There is a separate area in most markets where people can purchase it.

Qatar also allowed people to consume beer they just clamped down on public consumption.

*Saudi Arabia is the exception to the above but they turn a blind eye to pork I think

I guess you think India is a Hindu country. That's fine it's your country nothing to do with me. But since you were curious about Muslim countries would you then take the Islamic model that has been created and allow Muslims to consume beef in private ?

Can you even understand the point I am trying to make. You talked about countries like France and they have no laws restricting anyone's dietary rights because of religious beliefs

Doesn't matter what the duty of Hindus is. Your beliefs don't matter a bit if it affects others.

Personally I wonder if it's worth having secularism if it can't adapt to the reality of the situation.

Yes ideally in a secular nation, there should be no influence of religion in law. However in countries like India where religion is still so important to people, if you try to remove all influence of religion from law, you open the door to extra-legal actions on behalf of religion.

On the other hand, a few concessions to religious sentiments that don't hurt too much allow the country to remain largely secular.
- Don't allow malicious mocking of religious icons like Gods and Prophets
- Some space for religious personal law
- Ban on cow slaughter

Do you know which state in India exports the most beef? It's the state where 'Chota Fanta' Yogi is the Chief Minister. 😆 :inti

Personally I wonder if it's worth having secularism if it can't adapt to the reality of the situation.

Yes ideally in a secular nation, there should be no influence of religion in law. However in countries like India where religion is still so important to people, if you try to remove all influence of religion from law, you open the door to extra-legal actions on behalf of religion.

On the other hand, a few concessions to religious sentiments that don't hurt too much allow the country to remain largely secular.
- Don't allow malicious mocking of religious icons like Gods and Prophets
- Some space for religious personal law
- Ban on cow slaughter

Dar ul Uloom Deonand who are probably the most conservative Islamic group across the subcontinent ( may be the world) have asked Muslims to not slaughter cows on Eid in the past. They argued that Muslims shouldn't be hurting the sentiment of their neighbours.

I'm not sure how widely it was endorsed or followed but they are a major group.

It's just general decency to not do something that can break the heart of someone else.

I do however think the inconsistency in the Indian legal system on this issue makes it a difficult one to follow.

I'm not sure about other parts of India but haven't Dalits and certain OBC's always consumed beef in South India at least . There's evidence of this.

So I'm not sure why there is a need to ban beef . Anyway it's mostly buffalo meat not cow meat.

It is also consumed in Hindu Nepal.

Dar ul Uloom Deonand who are probably the most conservative Islamic group across the subcontinent ( may be the world) have asked Muslims to not slaughter cows on Eid in the past. They argued that Muslims shouldn't be hurting the sentiment of their neighbours.

It's just general decency to not do something that can break the heart of someone else.

I do however think the inconsistency in the Indian legal system on this issue makes it a difficult one to follow.
I can't deny it's stupid. This stuff is a State subject so just like the US there's going to be certain level of inconsistencies in the law. Increasingly though, the sensitive states have made it clear what is banned and they've mostly gone in for blanket bans. The lack of clarity is not much of a problem any longer.

The main problem that needs to be dealt with pretty ruthlessly is cow vigilantes.

Personally I adore a beef steak but I haven't eaten one in India for years. It's the first thing I order when I travel abroad - a nice filet mignon or ribeye medium rare.

I'm not sure about other parts of India but haven't Dalits and certain OBC's always consumed beef in South India at least . There's evidence of this.

So I'm not sure why there is a need to ban beef . Anyway it's mostly buffalo meat not cow meat.

It is also consumed in Hindu Nepal.
Yeah this is mostly an upper caste thing in the South. And urban upper castes, many too, quietly eat beef outside their homes. So when you add the percentage of Muslims+Christians+dalits+others, it's really probably the majority who'd eat beef if given a free choice.

Because my religion requires me to protect cows. Dont really give a rats tail what you think. That is a right that Hindus have. and it's enshrined in our laws and traditions.You might think the cow protection laws in India were enacted arbitrarily, but they are a reflection of our cultural and religious values. Your dismissal of our beliefs only highlights your ignorance and intolerance which is not surprising at all. But no worries I can school you for free.

Ohh and there is such a thing as requiring all citizens to not offend religious sensibilities Of others.
What are you doing to protect them? :inti

What are we still discussing here? The BJP guy was an idiot and deserves to treated under Hate speech.

What are we still discussing here? The BJP guy was an idiot and deserves to treated under Hate speech.

Any thoughts on the guy who killed a cow thought it was appropriate to hurl the cows head in front of a temple ?

Tag the people that tou are referring to ... and if you are truly serious email me and will give you facts that you cannot refute

Like ban on Burqas and marrying 4 girls ? Yeah go ahead lets see what tou got.
Ban on wearing tilak, threads, elected officials inaugurating temples or saying religious slogans in public or banning food items because it hurts your religious feelings.

Bhakts and Sanghis wouldn't like it

Yeah this is mostly an upper caste thing in the South. And urban upper castes, many too, quietly eat beef outside their homes. So when you add the percentage of Muslims+Christians+dalits+others, it's really probably the majority who'd eat beef if given a free choice.
When it is convenient take the majoritarian argument otherwise minority minority.

There are wine shops near Mosques , and Temples .

If you can purchase a shop and want to sell pork in a Muslim area will that be financially good idea? If you then you are welcome to do that , no one cares if you sell pork , rat , dog , monkey etc. That should be also your attitude towards someone who eats beef. Muslims do not eat beef because hindus worship that , they eat beef because it is cheaper.

If he has said it that is a suggestion.

Some may agree some will not. As it not all Muslims are eating beef , its not a big percentage , just poor people may be , those who cannot afford mutton.

Need evidence please

You want me to give name of place I have seen with my own eyes , that will be too much information online , already many hindus angry with me. They would be probably unleash sudarshan chakra of krishna on this Malecha. I am worse than shudra for them.

They are regressive indian laws that need to be repealed, don't stuff your religion down other people's throats. Cows are not your property.

I love a plate of beef curry when I am in my hometown. Yummy.

They are regressive indian laws that need to be repealed, don't stuff your religion down other people's throats. Cows are not your property.

I love a plate of beef curry when I am in my hometown. Yummy.

No they won't be repealed. Chances are they will cover most of the country barring a few states.

There are wine shops near Mosques , and Temples .

If you can purchase a shop and want to sell pork in a Muslim area will that be financially good idea? If you then you are welcome to do that , no one cares if you sell pork , rat , dog , monkey etc. That should be also your attitude towards someone who eats beef. Muslims do not eat beef because hindus worship that , they eat beef because it is cheaper.

There cannot be a wine shop within 220 metres of a place of worship or a education. That's the law.

Orthodox hindus have become so intolerant of other people's sensiblities. Pathetic really.

We are tolerant thats why they could make a 90 per cent plus Hindu majority country as secular.

We are tolerant that's why Nehru could take away our personal laws while allowing others to keep theirs.

We are tolerant that's why Congress could ban Hindus from having educational institutions of their own while allowing other religions to have theirs.

But don't test the limits of our tolerance.

If he has said it that is a suggestion.

Some may agree some will not. As it not all Muslims are eating beef , its not a big percentage , just poor people may be , those who cannot afford mutton.
Yeah just a suggestion. They cannot make halal into haram to please Hindus but they made a suggestion to ease potential communal tensions.

Orthodox hindus have become so intolerant of other people's sensiblities. Pathetic really.

Will you have the guts to stand up and defend your beliefs without running away?

And in the rare event That you will stand up ... what are the widely accepted standards that you are seeking refuge under?

We are tolerant thats why they could make a 90 per cent plus Hindu majority country as secular.

We are tolerant that's why Nehru could take away our personal laws while allowing others to keep theirs.

We are tolerant that's why Congress could ban Hindus from having educational institutions of their own while allowing other religions to have theirs.

But don't test the limits of our tolerance.
If you want to run hindu schools and colleges, who is stopping you ? Same goes for personal laws. A hindu-centric goverment has been in power for the last ten years.

The tolerant have always been dominated and ruled by the intolerant. Of course you would like hindus to be tolerant (read servile).

How do you make sense of the fact that cow slaughter is banned but importing cow meat for consumption is fine ? Strange.

If you want to run hindu schools and colleges, who is stopping you ? Same goes for personal laws. A hindu-centric goverment has been in power for the last ten years.

You cannot run Hindu schools and colleges. Read article 29 and 30 of the constitution.

Hindu personal laws are governed by Hindu Marriage Act and other such acts. While Muslim personal laws are totally governed by Sharia

You cannot run Hindu schools and colleges. Read article 29 and 30 of the constitution.

Hindu personal laws are governed by Hindu Marriage Act and other such acts. While Muslim personal laws are totally governed by Sharia

This is not some special sign of hindu tolerance lol.

If you want hindu colleges and hindu personal law, change the existing law. Nobody is stopping you. I repeat - a hindu party has been in power for 10 years.

If your beliefs stop others from eating what they want, they can't be respected sorry. You can't force your personal beliefs upon others.
Why is there so much restriction on the consumption of dog meat in the western world? People should be free to eat what they want, but why even the paragons of freedom also restrict it?

You seem to have a problem with people enjoying beef

You seem to have a much bigger problem in coming to terms with the otherwise much simpler and easier concept of respecting peoples beliefs. Once you recognize and come to terms with that root cause you will find that what you consider as my shortcomings are actually entirely your own problems.

You seem to have a much bigger problem in coming to terms with the otherwise much simpler and easier concept of respecting peoples beliefs. Once you recognize and come to terms with that root cause you will find that what you consider as my shortcomings are actually entirely your own problems.
If your beliefs stop me from eating what I want, then sorry but I won't respect those beliefs. Not all beliefs are worth respecting anyway, should we respect the beliefs of the Taliban too.

and what are doing to stop people from eating beef , its enjoyed by millions in the south and the north east

These guys love talking about France but if French secularism was implemented in India they would have a heart attack

For France, secularism might mean something, it is a western term which has Latin and French origins. I think part of the problem in India, especially with hinduism is that by it's very nature it is a spiritual religion. Hard nosed western style secularism doesn't resonate with a people who would garland a portrait of Donald Trump with flowers and incense and promptly start to worship it.

For France, secularism might mean something, it is a western term which has Latin and French origins. I think part of the problem in India, especially with hinduism is that by it's very nature it is a spiritual religion. Hard nosed western style secularism doesn't resonate with a people who would garland a portrait of Donald Trump with flowers and incense and promptly start to worship it.
Yes if secularism is going to work in the subcontinent and similar areas - especially in the more multi-religious, multi-cultural societies at least in the short to medium term, it's got to be defined differently. A sort of acceptance of the less harmful quirks of different religions while pushing back on their more socially harmful demands. It's not going to be easy and it's always going to be a shifting line but that's what it'll take.

India and Indonesia are the closest to this. Both have dominance for the majority religion and (flawed) tolerance for minority one.

The single religion (95%+) religious (so to say) countries are a more difficult case. It's very difficult...almost impossible to keep religion out of laws and politics and if you give them an inch, they tend to take a mile because there's no effective minority to oppose.

If India was to have a referendum on banning beef then i think an overwhelming majority would vote for it to be banned. They have tried their best to cater to minorities as much as they can at the expense of the majority. It's clear for people like @uppercut, for example, that someone eating beef is a deeply emotive topic - much more than just food or drink. It goes beyond the Islamic view of pork and alcohol. It is literally blasphemy. His view should be respected.

A textbook Islamic style system would actually work. The state operates under its own religious rules but allows minorities to form their own rulings and judgements. Provided they pay a jizya, they can do what they like, but they are also welcome to take part in the majority system if they wish.

Something similar could work in India but with Hindu rulers.

Yes if secularism is going to work in the subcontinent and similar areas - especially in the more multi-religious, multi-cultural societies at least in the short to medium term, it's got to be defined differently. A sort of acceptance of the less harmful quirks of different religions while pushing back on their more socially harmful demands. It's not going to be easy and it's always going to be a shifting line but that's what it'll take.

India and Indonesia are the closest to this. Both have dominance for the majority religion and (flawed) tolerance for minority one.

The single religion (95%+) religious (so to say) countries are a more difficult case. It's very difficult...almost impossible to keep religion out of laws and politics and if you give them an inch, they tend to take a mile because there's no effective minority to oppose.

I think that is why the more inclusive version of Hinduism propagated by Gandhi dominated for so long. The message of non-violence ensured the British could work with them, albeit with the Hindus in a subsidiary role, and it also avoided civil war among different religions. For a long time Indian Muslims were especially proud of being Indians and considered Pakistan as the enemy. I have a feeling that has probably changed over the last couple of decades, even if they can't voice it openly.

A blanket ban is better than these loopholes.

Is a non Indian cow not sacred?

If you give loopholes then rules will be abused again eventually.
Cow status as Mother is cultural in India. It is an agrarian society and Cattle holds a lot of value in Indian subcontinent. Traditionally, the primary owners of cattle are Yadavas(Shudra) community and they are the one that benefited from the elevated status of Cow. That meant their livelihood was not touched. Somehow it is twisted as though this cow slaughter ban was an upper caste conspiracy to starve Muslims since independence.
Under Islamic rule in India, Cows were regularly slaughtered and no Hindu could do anything about it.

Migrants and invaders coming from harsher climates would find this Cow worship as stupid. For them eating Cattle is a matter of life or death. In India with tropical weather, they always had a variety of options to eat and survive. You could easily survive without ever eating meat in your life.

The whole issue is cultural. What others do to cattle in their own countries is not a matter of concern for Hindus in India. For Hindus in the West, they have to adopt to the new culture. While they don't eat beef, they cannot stop others from eating it. What others eat is none of our business. Its not their motherland.

Cow status as Mother is cultural in India. It is an agrarian society and Cattle holds a lot of value in Indian subcontinent. Traditionally, the primary owners of cattle are Yadavas(Shudra) community and they are the one that benefited from the elevated status of Cow. That meant their livelihood was not touched. Somehow it is twisted as though this cow slaughter ban was an upper caste conspiracy to starve Muslims since independence.
Under Islamic rule in India, Cows were regularly slaughtered and no Hindu could do anything about it.

Migrants and invaders coming from harsher climates would find this Cow worship as stupid. For them eating Cattle is a matter of life or death. In India with tropical weather, they always had a variety of options to eat and survive. You could easily survive without ever eating meat in your life.

The whole issue is cultural. What others do to cattle in their own countries is not a matter of concern for Hindus in India. For Hindus in the West, they have to adopt to the new culture. While they don't eat beef, they cannot stop others from eating it. What others eat is none of our business. Its not their motherland.
I understand. I never mentioned what others do in their own countries. My point was about importing beef into India.

To a devout Hindu how would this be any better than a cow in India being sacrificed?

I understand. I never mentioned what others do in their own countries. My point was about importing beef into India.

To a devout Hindu how would this be any better than a cow in India being sacrificed?
Once the cow is dead, it is dead. Importing its meat makes no difference. I think the issue is killing a live cow in the land of India.

Back