[VIDEO] Is it right for anyone to be asked to work on the weekend?

Is it right for anyone to be asked to work on the weekend?

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
In a recent incident that has sparked widespread discussion, a video surfaced online showing an Indian banker in a Teams meeting. The banker, who appears to be in a leadership position, is seen chastising his colleagues over their reluctance to work on the weekend. This incident has raised questions about work culture, work-life balance, and the expectations set on employees.

It means that there sould be ALL-WORK and NO CHILL, right?

View attachment JqKHV9PF_StcEA_R.mp4

This is the reaction to all this drama. A protest.

JF4GP06.jpeg

Many Indians and Chinese work 24/7. It's hard to compete with their work ethic.

Many Indians and Chinese work 24/7. It's hard to compete with their work ethic.
People might prefer to work 24/7 when it is their own business and they want to gain more and more from it and expand it more. but in the corporate world, a normal person working for a few pennies a month would never want his 1-off holiday to be jeopardized. Nope.

People might prefer to work 24/7 when it is their own business and they want to gain more and more from it and expand it more. but in the corporate world, a normal person working for a few pennies a month would never want his 1-off holiday to be jeopardized. Nope.
I think this is the mentality of a lot of Pakistanis and why we can't compete with Indian and Chinese.

I'll give you the UK for an example. These guys come over study MBAs here full time paying big money then work 60 hour weeks when they find a job.

In a few years they are at the top and become decision makers.

Pakistanis think this isn't my father's company why should I work so hard and are a bit more laid back.

Haha, in the subcontinent, weekends are not meant for chilling and fun. Instead, the day you have off from work is often filled with family obligations like running household errands and grocery shopping.

Doing such corporate jobs can be tough. There should be off days for every employee to get fresh and recover for the next week.

There are a lot of stereotypes about corporate jobs which I’d get 20 years ago, but I think they are a lot more chill now, when you start naturally you find yourself doing a bit more but with experience, you work smarter, not harder. I can understand singletons etc doing extra hours etc but I feel extra time, if you find it, should be utilised on development stuff. Legally in the UK I think it would be criminal to demand weekends from workers when not contracted.

i wont go into OP, cos 5 seconds in and its obv the guy has zero communication or management competency, hes pbly been worked to the bone and gotten into a middle management role of the back of that.

you have to be practical about this, if you want a high paying job, sometimes you will have to go beyond the call of duty, however if you can manage your workload the need to ask others or urself to do weekends should not be more than 5 or 6 times a year.

you need to foster a sense of ownership in your employees, if theres more work that needs to be done, they should know that they'll have to step up, if works quiet, dont chastise people for having fun or leaving work early. as long as people get work done they should be given freedom to decide how that work is getting done.

neither hussle culture, nor "work-life" balance in its modern western European guise is healthy, you need to adapt based on work demands from both. as a whole this country is slipping into a malaise of weak productivity, lack of entrepreneurialism and chronic mental health issues, and both these ideologies play a massive part in it.

Haha, in the subcontinent, weekends are not meant for chilling and fun. Instead, the day you have off from work is often filled with family obligations like running household errands and grocery shopping.
I usually prefer not to leave work because otherwise I'd have to do even more work at home bringing household items again and again from market in the scorthcing heat :ROFLMAO:

Back