[VIDEOS] Pakistan players' performance watch in Caribbean Premier League 2017

Wahab should stick to T20s and tests for certain conditions. T20s suite his bowling style, as he likes bowling in the death and T20 is death bowling from almost the start.

He should retire from 50 overs cricket.

i really tried to be interested in it and follow it

and did so somehwat for first 2 days.

but man its tedious so thanks but no thanks

Wahab should stick to T20s and tests for certain conditions. T20s suite his bowling style, as he likes bowling in the death and T20 is death bowling from almost the start.

He should retire from 50 overs cricket.

He's too indisciplined. Always likely to give away 8-12 runs an over even if he takes wickets. In T20 the premium is on keeping it tight, which is why Imad is no 1.

One match tonight beginning at 0100GMT as Shadab Khan's Trinbago Knight Riders host Babar Azam + Sohail Tanvir's Guyana Amazon Warriors

Highlights will be difficult today due to throttled internet (third world problems)... I'll do what I can.

Babar and Tanvir batting first vs Shadab. Guyana off to a flier, 40/0 in 3.

This has to be great experience for Shadab at his age. Inevitably, as I write that he is flayed over extra cover for six.

Babar's lbw to Narine- 2 (4).

Needs to work against spin- I remember Shadab got him out a few times in PSL.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Martin Guptill removed by Shadab <a href="https://t.co/Ji7I899Bu5">pic.twitter.com/Ji7I899Bu5</a></p>— CPL T20 (@CPL) <a href="https://twitter.com/CPL/status/896178835200385025">August 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shadab's just dismissed Jason Mohammed with an absolute long hop. Embarrassing dismissal but the lad will take it.

Shadab gets Jason Mohammed off what was quite possibly the worst ball he has ever bowled... in his entire life. Shadab looked pretty embarrassed to get a wicket from it tbh!

Shadab seems to be struggling to grip the ball- I can only assume there is a lot of dew.

Sohail Sobers Tanvir Khan at the crease boys !!

You don't wanna miss this !!

The quality of talent available to this tournament must be painfully average if one of the teams has Sohail Tanvir batting at 7.

The quality of talent available to this tournament must be painfully average if one of the teams has Sohail Tanvir batting at 7.

You do not make fun of the phenom :sanga

You wish you had the Scythe wielding Reaper of Souls !!!

His presence alone is making the other batsmen show his class !!

After Tanvir hits him for a six, Shadab gets Primus and Tanvir in two consecutive deliveries. On a hat-trick.

Leading wicket-taker in the tournament now.

Shadab Khan: 4- 0-28- 4 economy: 7.00

There was a very excited appeal for lbw on the hat-trick ball but there wasn't much going for it in truth. Even the umpire enjoyed the celebration.

Pierre deserves an honourable mention- three out of Shadab's four wickets came from good catches by Pierre. Just shows the importance of good fielding.

Over to Rashid Khan to respond to Shadab's performance. The pitch is turning, a target of around 160 wouldn't be easy by any means.

Silly tamasha league this. Entertaining at times, but I would take the performance of Pakistanis with a bucket of salt in this Mickey Mouse league.

My word, Tanvir's dismissed McCullum. :salute

Edit: Could have had two in two balls, close shout for lbw turned down against Colin Munro. Probably missing leg.

Pakistani batsmen other than a couple of above average knocks from Babar and Malik have done nothing. Our core limited over middle order with Babar, Hafeez and Malik is still to create an impact.

He's too indisciplined. Always likely to give away 8-12 runs an over even if he takes wickets. In T20 the premium is on keeping it tight, which is why Imad is no 1.

I agree he isn't disciplined enough but, considering there is one white ball used in T20 cricket reverse swing starts to happen in 10-12 overs generally on dry wickets and Wahab with his slower balls and reverse swing isnt a bad bet in the post 10 overs in T20's.

He was in the top 3 wicket takers (I guess second) in PSL 2 and is doing ok in CPL as well.

Even if you look at the one days he played especially the one in the champions trophy against India he went for 60 in his first six overs when the ball was new as there are two white balls in 50 overs cricket.

That is why I said He should retire from 50 overs cricket as he struggles more often than not and we have better ODI bowlers as its difficult for captain to dont ball him at all till 20 overs or so when white ball is 10 overs old so that he can control it. This can only happen if we play a seam bowling all rounder and tgus Wahab pits limitations in ODI team.

I am just saying he isnt a useless bowler in T20 cricket as he is in one dayers.

Last edited:
<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5wpuzq" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5wpuzq" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

How do you record these videos from the live coverage? Any app or what? Curious.

I agree he isn't disciplined enough but, considering there is one white ball used in T20 cricket reverse swing starts to happen in 10-12 overs generally on dry wickets and Wahab with his slower balls and reverse swing isnt a bad bet in the post 10 overs in T20's.

He was in the top 3 wicket takers (I guess second) in PSL 2 and is doing ok in CPL as well.

Even if you look at the one days he played especially the one in the champions trophy against India he went for 60 in his first six overs when the ball was new as there are two white balls in 50 overs cricket.

That is why I said He should retire from 50 overs cricket as he struggles more often than not and we have better ODI bowlers as its difficult for captain to dont ball him at all till 20 overs or so when white ball is 10 overs old so that he can control it. This can only happen if we play a seam bowling all rounder and tgus Wahab pits limitations in ODI team.

I am just saying he isnt a useless bowler in T20 cricket as he is in one dayers.

Yeah probably not useless, but we need to get over this myth that only Riaz can reverse swing. Both Amir and Junaid do it and Hasan is just awesome.

Hafeez golden duck. :steyn

Technically a golden duck, anyway. Faced two wides and then Taylor bowled one straight. LBW.

Akmal isn't one to give up easily though, made sure Brathwaite held one eventually.

Mohammad Hafeez to Kamran Akmal, OUT, and that's that. He's faced six balls. He's given catching opportunities on four of them and this time Brathwaite takes the catch at mid-off

[MENTION=136079]ahmedwaqas92[/MENTION] Proud of him.

On to Knight Riders (Shadab) vs Tridents (Malik & Wahab).

TKR won the toss and elected to bowl.

Awesome stuff, people cheering for Shadab Khan when he came on to bat. Commentor said that people love him here.

Wahab 4-0-30-1

Narine playing a match-winning knock here. Shadab in to bat as well, TKR need just 13 in 3 overs.

Narine have become one beast of a T20 player with both bat and bowl.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5wtned" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

Intelligent bowling, not the cleverest bit of batting by Shadab though.

Agreed. It was the pressure of few good dot balls. He is gernerally pretty relax while bowling but while batting he sometimes looks like he is taking pressure. He is still 18 so he will imrpove with time I guess.

Manager of the TKR, Colin Borde said Shadab’s exit will be a huge blow for his team. “Shadab’s exit will be a huge blow for us. He is the complete cricketer in terms of what he can do with the ball, bat and in the field. I also find that for a youngster he is very knowledgeable about the game and when you put all this together, he must be a huge loss.

“He is going back to Pakistan on August 15, which means he will play out his home matches before leaving,” he said.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports/2017-08-12/shadab-play-out-tkr-home-games

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5wtpoi" allowfullscreen></iframe>.

A maiden Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL) fifty for Sunil Narine guided the Trinbago Knight Riders to a two-wicket victory against Barbados Tridents in Match 11 of the this year’s tournament.

Narine’s career highest score of 79 was aided by some good fortune: three simple catches to dismiss him were put down and multiple edges flew into vacant regions. The nature of his innings belied the stability it offered the Knight Riders who lost regular wickets but Narine’s boundary-hitting ability ensured they stayed on top of the rate.

The Knight Riders’ run chase got off to a bad start with Brendon McCullum, bowled fourth ball by a Wayne Parnell yorker. Things got worse shortly after when Colin Munro was caught on the boundary off Shoaib Malik, leaving the Knight Riders 28 for 2 after 3.3 overs.

A partnership of 47 off 39 balls between Darren Bravo and Narine arrested the Knight Riders’ slide but when Bravo was dismissed on the cusp of the drinks break by Wahab Riaz and Denesh Ramdin was caught in the deep immediately after it the Tridents moved into the ascendency once more.

Through all of this Narine endured; batting deeper into the innings than in any match in which he had opened the batting. Between ball 6.2 and 13.2 Narine faced 19 balls and only failed to score off one of them. He regularly found the boundary during his innings, hitting five sixes and six fours; 54 of his runs came on the leg side. Single-handedly, despite wickets falling at the other end, he hauled his team to the total.

When he was finally dismissed, caught off a top edge at mid-wicket, the Knight Riders were just eight shy of their target with 11 balls remaining. Despite another wicket falling, which reduced the Knight Riders to eight wickets down, Kevon Cooper drove a four to seal the match with five balls to spare.

Earlier in the evening, after being put into bat, the Tridents innings got off to a frenetic start with Dwayne Smith and pinch-hitter Wayne Parnell both dismissed inside the first two overs with 19 runs scored.

The wicket of Parnell meant Malik joined Kane Williamson at the crease and together the pair combined in a busy partnership of 71 off 61 balls. Against the excellent bowling of Shadab Khan, Narine, Kevon Cooper and Dwayne Bravo the experienced pair rotated the strike expertly - at one stage going 23 deliveries without a dot ball.

When Williamson was dismissed—top edging a sweep off Shadab—for 30 off 35 balls he and Malik had laid a platform for the lower order to capitalise on.

However, Pollard struggled where Malik and Williamson thrived. Immediately after the wicket, Pollard faced 11 of the 18 remaining balls from Shadab and Narine, scoring just four runs. The pressure on him to make up for a cautious start was palpable.

After moving past 7000 career T20 runs Malik was dismissed for 51 off 38 balls as he looked to kick on, caught at mid-off against Beaton, leaving the Tridents 102 for 3 after 15.3 overs.

Malik’s demise brought Nicolas Pooran to the crease who assumed Pollard’s role as he himself struggled to, by hitting back to back sixes and a four off Cooper to finally accelerate the innings before holing out when attempting to hit a fourth.

A superb eighteenth over from Beaton saw the run out of Christopher Barnwell and just five runs conceded, leaving the Tridents looking short at 128 for 6 with 12 balls remaining. Four lusty blows—one from Shamar Springer, one from Pollard and two from Akeal Hosein helped propel the Tridents beyond 150. With the final ball of the innings Bravo bowled Pollard with a perfect yorker, dismissing him for 14 off 22 balls. Despite the late boundaries the Tridents had struggled to accelerate.

A powerful innings from Evin Lewis of 92 off 52 balls and a good all-round performance from Mohammad Nabi headlined the Patriots 33 run victory against St Lucia Stars in Match 10 of the Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL).

Lewis’ innings helped establish a platform from which the Patriots posted 196-6 after some late hitting from Nabi. It was a total that proved too many for a struggling Stars team who have now lost all four of their matches this season. Nabi and Mohammad Hafeez in particular proved difficult for the Stars to get away and took six wickets between them.

After being put into bat the Patriots innings was given a quick start by the dangerous opening pair of Chris Gayle and Lewis. After 35 runs had come from the first 16 balls of the innings Gayle was bowled by an excellent yorker from Jerome Taylor. In the same over Taylor removed Mohammad Hafeez, trapped lbw for a first ball duck. A tight fourth over meant the Patriots had been pulled back at 38 for 2.

It was then that Lewis stepped up his assault, clattering Taylor’s third over for eighteen before back-to-back sixes off the last two balls of the Powerplay propelled the Patriots to 73 for 2, with 45 of them coming from Lewis who scored heavily on the leg side.

In the six overs after the Powerplay the Patriots appeared happy to consolidate their good start while the Stars, particularly Shane Shillingford, bowled accurately. Just 36 runs and the wicket of Brandon King—caught despite a collision between Andre Fletcher and Johnson Charles—took the Patriots to 109 for 3 after 12 overs.

The introduction of Marlon Samuels in the thirteenth over sparked Lewis into life once more as he hit four boundaries in three overs—two slog sweeps and two cuts through backward point. A brief rain delay brought a halt to proceedings and when they returned Lewis was caught at a wide slip for an excellent 92.

The job was then left to the Patriots lower-order hitters Carlos Brathwaite and Nabi to capitalise on Lewis’ good work, which they did emphatically. 46 runs came from the last 19 balls of the innings, including eight boundaries with Brathwaite scoring 21 (14) and Nabi scoring 24* (9).

Like the Patriots innings the Stars’ was given a quick start by their famed opening pair Andre Fletcher, who played late and delicately, and Johnson Charles, who played with muscular power - together they took 31 from the first three overs.

The introduction of Mohammad Hafeez put the brakes on the Stars innings and in his first two overs he dismissed Charles, top-edging a slog and Kamran Akmal, mis-timing a drive. Those two wickets and some tight bowling put the Stars behind the rate at 58 for 2 after eight overs.

Fletcher and Samuels briefly threatened a resurgence, striking four boundaries in eight balls but when Samuels was caught and bowled by Hafeez off a leading edge the Patriots moved clear once more.

With Fletcher and Shane Watson at the crease and Darren Sammy to come, hope was not lost for the Stars but some excellent spin bowling by Nabi restricted their scoring and saw the rate spiral. When Fletcher was bowled by a seam-up yorker from Nabi and then Sammy was bowled by Shamsi that spiralling rate suddenly became insurmountable.

It looks like shadab has added variety to his bowling apart from leggie and googly. Anyone seen him bowl top spinner and flipper (the one warne bowls by clicking middle finger and thumb)??? Mushy has made a video on this flipper and developed it in his final years.

https://youtu.be/wcKt8mKtt5s

Stars (Kami) vs Amazon Warriors (Babar/Tanvir) underway.

Tanvir smacked for a six but hits back with a wicket.

Tanvir smacked for another four and six by Charles.

He's bowling at 120kph. :danish Keeper standing up now.

Back