[VIDEOS] Pakistan Super League 2020 - Speed Watch [Fastest so far: Shaheen Shah Afridi 151.6kph]

Who will bowl the fastest ball of the 2020 PSL?

• Total voters
I don't care about speed. How many of them can bowl bouncers at threatening speeds? skills? How many of these boys can seam the ball?

140 plus is enough. 140 plus with skills then you can have a long career without many injuries. No need to kill yourself bowling useless pies at 150 plus.

Shaheen's 4rd over

147.7, 146.4, 145.1 (Bowled Wahab), Slower ball, 142.4, 146.3

This guy is as consistently quick if not quicker than Husnain and Shah at the moment

Shaheen's 4rd over

This guy is as consistently quick if not quicker than Husnain and Shah at the moment

Naseem is the only other one who has been bowling these speeds consistently this season.

Both Hasnain and Haris are down on pace a touch.

Shaheen's 4rd over

Eagle is the one on whom our hopes lie.... the rest are severely over-hyped at the moment. We should have had Amir and Shaheen as our two front line pacers at the WC T20 but Misbah the loser has other ides.

This is probably the best rhythm Shaheen has been in his career so far

Haris has not been fully fit this PSL .
Naseem has also been troubled by fitness.

Shaheen is bowling consistently over 90 mph after recovering from the long standing elbow issue . At peak fitness N=i expect Naseem to be hitting consistent 150 kph pretty soon.

Naseem is the only other one who has been bowling these speeds consistently this season.

Both Hasnain and Haris are down on pace a touch.

I think Husnains been a little down on average pace compared to Shah but he seems to have developed an effort ball than quicker than what both Shahs can bowl..the 150 km/hr ball.

This is probably the best rhythm Shaheen has been in his career so far

Agreed. I always thought he was nippy but hes bowling genuine pace consistently now. Though ofcourse it would be unrealistic to expect him to continue doing that in the longer formats.

All three of them, the Shahs and Husnain should only get quicker in the next 5 years considering their age.

Speed alone is not enough.To get wickets skill and speed is essential.All great bowlers combined skill and pace to get wickets.Mcgraw was niot quick but he was like a robot.Ambros was quick and gave no room.Wasim swung the ball at good pace.Waqar had deadly Yorkers etc.

This guy got some speed and swag, will do well in Franchise Cricket. Don't see him playing for Pakistan though (Too much competition)

I see no reason why he shouldn’t play for Pakistan. We have a pool of bowlers and we can use likes of Dilbar to ease out work load of shaheen and Naseem

Even Musa should be around the team along with Haris, Amir and Wahab. Keeping their workload in check is very very important for future

Haris is back but not sure he will bowl with full rythem due to injury:)

Shaheen shouldn't bowl with a fractured thumb, don't these franchises send medical reports to PCB, how is PCB allowing him to play with such a condition.

Shaheen shouldn't bowl with a fractured thumb, don't these franchises send medical reports to PCB, how is PCB allowing him to play with such a condition.

If its bowling hand then he shouldn't if it isnt then he should play

Lahore are terrible at managing injuries. Haris Rauf playing when he's only 70% fit. Now Shaheen playing with a fractured thumb. PCB must step in now.

Dilbar Hussain today

148.2 kph & 147.8 kph by the end of his 3rd over.

Come On bowl those Yorkers you are renowned for.

Good to know that Dilbar and LQ Sports staff reads Pakpassion.

Today he showed his class. Though LQ lost the match but Laadi of Fsd showed his class with that seam presentation & release, reverse, late dip and sharp fast Yorkers.

Waqar & Mudassir must invite Dilbar to NCA and work with him. Still he isn't polished article yet hence he will improve even further.

Today he showed his class. Though LQ lost the match but Laadi of Fsd showed his class with that seam presentation & release, reverse, late dip and sharp fast Yorkers.

Waqar & Mudassir must invite Dilbar to NCA and work with him. Still he isn't polished article yet hence he will improve even further.

Very good speeds from short run up

RaY83MA.png

<iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/vted1/qedqgr" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is quick, and yorker at middle stump. Pakistan's best batter and bowler facing off.

RaY83MA.png

<iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/vted1/qedqgr" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A sight to behold. Wowww.

Shaheen has all the ingredients to become a superstar and role model for upcoming Under 13, 16, 19 pacers in Pakistan.

He just needs to fix his off field life antics which would definitely have bad impact on his cricketing career now or in future.

This guy is a competitor and treat to watch these days. Hope last match doesn't ruin his thumb injury further because he is precious for Pakistan. Pcb must weigh carefully.

I did not expect Shaheen to be the fastest in PSL 5. I thought it would be Husnain or Naseem or Musa.

Shaheen is a gem...

Hands down, the best bowler we have at the moment.

Such a hardworking lad.

shakal style se pakka tapiya lagta hai laadi

should definitely be in nca

you need that tapiya hustling mind in ODI and T20

Updated - Fastest deliveries by Pakistan bowlers so far -
Shaheen - 151.6kph
Hasnain - 151.0kph
Musa - 150.8kph
Naseem - 148.7kph
Wahab - 148.6kph
Dilbar - 148.2kph
Rauf - 147.3kph
Irshad - 144.5kph
Akif - 144.0kph

My only complaint with Shaheen is that he doesn't use his height to his advantage. He bowls too many full or back of a length deliveries. The guy is 7 feet tall. He should develop a good fast bouncer as part of his armoury which he needs to use sparingly

Updated - Fastest deliveries by Pakistan bowlers so far -
Shaheen - 151.6kph
Hasnain - 151.0kph
Musa - 150.8kph
Naseem - 148.7kph
Wahab - 148.6kph
Dilbar - 148.2kph
Rauf - 147.3kph
Irshad - 144.5kph
Akif - 144.0kph

Hasnain is the fastest, he can bowl spells in high 140s and hit mid 150s.

Rauf and Wahab can bowl mid 140s in a spell and hit early 150s if they try.

Naseem, Musa, Shinwari and Shaheen can bowl spells early 140s with effort balls under or at 150.

Hasan, Rahat, Faheem, and Akif average late 130s and hit mid 140s.

My only complaint with Shaheen is that he doesn't use his height to his advantage. He bowls too many full or back of a length deliveries. The guy is 7 feet tall. He should develop a good fast bouncer as part of his armoury which he needs to use sparingly

He bowls way too full. It does not do any good. Every Pakistan bowler can bowl the same as Shaheen. Hasan Ali, Naseem and Shaheen probably the best full pitch bowlers.

Hasnain and Shaheen will be deadly if they pitch it short. Hasnain is getting there, his line sucks though.

Wat the hell is Amir doing. Can not even hit mid 140s. 3 years back he was hitting late 140s with ease.

Wat the hell is Amir doing. Can not even hit mid 140s. 3 years back he was hitting late 140s with ease.

That's where your fitness and strength and conditioning kick in. If you are super fit, you will maintain your speeds for a number of years. Sadly Amir doesn't feel the need to work on his strength and conditioning

He's 6 foot 6. I reckon his lengths are fine. The ideal length for him would be between full and good, as he gets extra bounce this can be a very awkward length. He does bowl the bouncer occasionally too and is pretty good with it.

Shaheens really firing it up.. A host kf deliveries in the 146-148 range with dead on accuracy.

Lol, Shaheen's name isn't even in the poll, what a bolwer! :)

I thought dilbar would be a 120k trundler but im pleasantly surprised that even off such a short run uphe effortlessly bowls almost 150kph.

I thought dilbar would be a 120k trundler but im pleasantly surprised that even off such a short run uphe effortlessly bowls almost 150kph.

Hidden Jofra Archer

Don’t let Mamoon read this or he will be on his case to character assassinate him in any way possible

Hidden Jofra Archer

Don’t let Mamoon read this or he will be on his case to character assassinate him in any way possible

ways to trigger mamoon
mention india or Indian related post
praising Pakistani batsman
praising emerging Pakistani fastbowlers
in short any thing positive about pak

dont insult emerging fast bowler who isn't Pakistani

The fact that Naseem has missed half of the tournament and yet is still comfortably at the top is just amazing but more interestingly it's really good to see Shaheen at no.2.
Before the start of PSL I probably would have gone in with Hasnain to be at the top in this list but great to see all the pacers from this list are from Pakistan.
Dilbar and Musa too has been impressive.
Great times ahead in terms of fast bowling.

Naseem shah bowled 64 out of 132 deliveries at 145+
Which means 41% of his deliveries were over 145 thats freakish from nasim shah

He bowls way too full. It does not do any good. Every Pakistan bowler can bowl the same as Shaheen. Hasan Ali, Naseem and Shaheen probably the best full pitch bowlers.

Hasnain and Shaheen will be deadly if they pitch it short. Hasnain is getting there, his line sucks though.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Shaheen was consistently bowling length/back of a length in England post his return from injury and he got absolutely hammered, so much so it resulted in him being dropped from the team.

A quick session with Wasim who got him to pitch it up and he has been a totally different bowler ever since.

I'm guessing Wasim, Waqar and Shaheen probably know what they're doing bro.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Shaheen was consistently bowling length/back of a length in England post his return from injury and he got absolutely hammered, so much so it resulted in him being dropped from the team.

A quick session with Wasim who got him to pitch it up and he has been a totally different bowler ever since.

I'm guessing Wasim, Waqar and Shaheen probably know what they're doing bro.

Shaheen hasn’t done anything in T20Is

Good to see the bowlers cranking it up but we've only just scratched the surface. There are faster bowlers going to be found if they continue investing building a structure. Dilbar and Rauf are literal examples of 150k bowlers just picked off the street and their actions aren't even refined.

Some scary pace there from Naseem.. Almost 55% deliveries over 90mph..
Shaheen has been the surprise package this year.. Genuine pace consistently.. I honestly didnt think he was capable of these speeds..
Husnains actually much lower down the list that i thought hed be.

Back