[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Kagiso Rabada - A Champion Bowler

There is no doubt he is a top top class bowler and I supported him when other posters belittled him due to loss for form for a short while and some average performance in subcontinent against top sides due to no assistance from his teammates.

However, he certainly has not been able to look as effective vs top sides away from home as Bumrah and Cummins looked in last 4-5 years. He has decimated weaker lineups quite conveniently as compared to stronger lineups away from home which is understandable too but restrains from putting him as top tier ATG like Donald and Steyn despite 300 wickets.

Yup Pollock is ahead of him too. But I think you're underrating Rabada a bit. He doesn't have the benefit of playing for a South African team that was as good as the ones those guys played in. On his day I think he has that ability to destroy teams. Especially in South Africa where he is one of the toughest bowlers to face.
He sure has that ability. One of the toughest bowlers to face in SA conditions, but I expected more from him.

There is no doubt he is a top top class bowler and I supported him when other posters belittled him due to loss for form for a short while and some average performance in subcontinent against top sides due to no assistance from his teammates.

However, he certainly has not been able to look as effective vs top sides away from home as Bumrah and Cummins looked in last 4-5 years. He has decimated weaker lineups quite conveniently as compared to stronger lineups away from home which is understandable too but restrains from putting him as top tier ATG like Donald and Steyn despite 300 wickets.
I have criticised him for a while and my reservations still stand. Its a bizarre thing to say but he has never looked himself ever since the De Kock- Warner incident back in 2018. It's not helped that his lengths are a little defensive against the better players on flat tracks. But his statistically his record is amazing.

I have criticised him for a while and my reservations still stand. Its a bizarre thing to say but he has never looked himself ever since the De Kock- Warner incident back in 2018. It's not helped that his lengths are a little defensive against the better players on flat tracks. But his statistically his record is amazing.
Good point, wasn’t at his best vs top teams.

[
And the guy is great to watch, he got that throwback attitude and the action is potent. Am not going to say I go out of my way to watch him every time apart from the Tests, but out of the likes of Cummins, Hazlewood and other fast bowlers Rabada is box office, Starc as well, everyone else is boring.
He's a little reminiscent of Waqar with that potent action and smash-mouth style of bowling/taking wickets. He's seriously destructive when he's in his rhythm.

Personally I think Bumrah and Cummins are ahead of him because of their consistency and ability to take the pitch out of the equation, but he's the man at No. 3.

Back