[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Kagiso Rabada - A champion bowler

Most Test wickets among pace bowlers before turning 27:

Kapil Dev – 281
Waqar Younis – 267
Ian Botham – 251
Kagiso Rabada – 230

Rabada finishes the India innings with figures of 4-73 – he has 17 wickets at 19.29 so far in the SAvIND series

He has been making crucial breakthroughs all through this series.

Beyond brilliant today. Back to his best.

I can't wait to see his bowling, I have seen the wickets but I have recorded the game and will watch later. World cricket needs fast bowlers and his "decline" was painful to watch.

I can't wait to see his bowling, I have seen the wickets but I have recorded the game and will watch later. World cricket needs fast bowlers and his "decline" was painful to watch.

Yes, as is so often with quality bowlers in Test cricket many of his “best” deliveries didn’t actually take the scalps. It was a sustained series of incredibly intensive spells throughout the day that helped him to pick up the four wickets.

Yes, as is so often with quality bowlers in Test cricket many of his “best” deliveries didn’t actually take the scalps. It was a sustained series of incredibly intensive spells throughout the day that helped him to pick up the four wickets.

I am watching it now, and he is def more aggressive. I still think he could go up a notch by bowling fuller with intent.

Bangalore, India -

While India's Shreyas Iyer fetched the top price in the first round of the Indian Premier League auction, the bank accounts of South African stars Kagiso Rabada and Faf du Plessis will also get a big boost.

Iyer, who stood out with his match-winning 80 in India's 3-0 ODI whitewash of the West Indies

Punjab got South African pace bowler Kagiso Rabada for $1.22 million (R18.5 million), the second-highest price for a marquee player.

Rabada is only 26.

He already has 243 Test wickets and 132 ODI wickets. Also, 49 T20I wickets.

If he plays till 37-38, he can break many records.

Rabada is only 26.

He already has 243 Test wickets and 132 ODI wickets. Also, 49 T20I wickets.

If he plays till 37-38, he can break many records.

Going by official ages, Rabada is younger than Cummins and Bumrah both and has more test wickets too.

One of the most exhilarating bowlers to watch in world cricket.

South African pacer Kagiso Rabada has now taken 50 wickets in T20 internationals. Rabada reached the landmark during the second T20I of the five-match series against India at Barabati Stadium, Cuttack. After South Africa captain Temba Bavuma won the toss and chose to bowl, the fifth delivery of the first over was driven loosely by the opener Ruturaj Gaikwad and was caught at the point by Keshav Maharaj, earning Rabada his 50th scalp in the shortest format of the game. Gaikwad was back to the pavilion for just 1 of 4 balls.

Rabada on fire against England - 2 wickets to his name

lcimg-3a98ea3e-ed06-4eee-a10c-afeafe4cec1b.jpeg

Takes 5fer against England 5/52 in 19 overs

Alongwith Bumrah and Cummins, he is the best fast bowler of this generation. Others are well behind :inti

Bowled like a dream at Lord’s over the last couple of days to pick up those five wickets. Don’t think he sent down a single bad ball. Barely got out of third gear. A champion bowler indeed.

1WrAi2M.png

Rabada: Lord's is what dreams are made of

South Africa fast bowler Kagiso Rabada, who took 5-52 in the first innings to get onto the Lord's honours board...

"It's special to be on there. It's what dreams are made of.

"Whenever you come to play at Lord's, every player wants to get their name on there because it's so special. I'm really glad.

"Naturally, when you gain more experience and new players come into the team, you play that leadership role. It's something I've embraced, but not much changes... you continue to go about your processes and just lend out a helping hand where you can."

Will probably end up as an ATG test bowler by the time he retires.

Steyn has a pretty good eye for fast bowlers. He told Pollock around Rabada's debut he has a chance to become SA's leading wicket taker. He was also the one who recommended Nortje to SA's selectors.

Averages 5 wickets per tests which is insane for a fast bowler. Plus he has the stamina of keep bowling long spells at full throttle without breaking down. Has so many 10 fers already.

Will probably end up as an ATG test bowler by the time he retires.

Steyn has a pretty good eye for fast bowlers. He told Pollock around Rabada's debut he has a chance to become SA's leading wicket taker. He was also the one who recommended Nortje to SA's selectors.

Averages 5 wickets per tests which is insane for a fast bowler. Plus he has the stamina of keep bowling long spells at full throttle without breaking down. Has so many 10 fers already.

Problem is South Africa seem to care about T20 more than Test nowadays.

He can reach 500-600 Test wickets but will he play that much?

I think realistically he would finish with 400-450 Test wickets (he currently has 248 wickets at the age of 27).

Problem is South Africa seem to care about T20 more than Test nowadays.

He can reach 500-600 Test wickets but will he play that much?

I think realistically he would finish with 400-450 Test wickets (he currently has 248 wickets at the age of 27).

think he has 7-8 more good years left in him to play atleast 50 more tests. Will probably end up reaching 500 if he doesn't start to suffer injuries like Steyn did after turning 33.

South African pacer Kagiso Rabada on Friday completed 250 wickets in Test cricket, becoming the seventh South African bowler to do so. Rabada reached this landmark during the first Test against England at Lord's. On Day 3, in the 37th over of England's second innings, Rabada sent back England Test skipper Ben Stokes for 20, after Keshav Maharaj caught the batter at deep midwicket. With this, Rababda reached 250 Test wickets.

Rabada is the seventh South African bowler to take 250 wickets. He is behind the likes of Dale Steyn (439), Shaun Pollock (421), Makhaya Ntini (390), Allan Donald (330), Morne Morkel (309), Jacques Kallis (291).

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/kag...n-pacer-to-achieve-this-feat-in-tests-3270151

Being a South African, he gets underrated way too much. He had a slight dip in form and a bad patch and many over here started calling out that it is over for KG. Think they got their answers here. He is quality hands down. In subcontinent, his stats may not be good but he was clearly lacking support from other end in bowling( Vern was treated like a Kallis level bowler in Asia) and spinners weren't that effective. Neither the batsman scored enough runs for him to have any major impact.

Rabada, Cummins and Bumrah are best in Tests.

In LOIs, Bumrah is the best of the three and Rabada is better than Cummins.

Absolutely hilarious that for a good couple of years, people were rating Archer ahead of him as an all format bowler.

Rabada has been seriously underrated his whole career.

Rabada is only good in helpful conditions. Look at how trash he is in India and Pakistan.
Even in nz it's only 29
44 in India
39 in pakistan

He is world class but steyn was better in his prime as he did well in Asia too.

Asia matters.

Rabada is only good in helpful conditions. Look at how trash he is in India and Pakistan.
Even in nz it's only 29
44 in India
39 in pakistan

He is world class but steyn was better in his prime as he did well in Asia too.

Asia matters.

Steyn had quality batsman to pile on and release the pressure,Rabada in subcontinent conditions play for weak team. These batsman are not as good in Asia.

South Africa pacer Kagiso Rabada produced a stirring bowling display on day three to bowl West Indies out for 159 and help South Africa to an 87-run win in the first Test in Centurion.

A demolition job in the second innings from Kagiso Rabada covered up South Africa's batting collapse in Centurion as the hosts registered a victory on day three of the first Test.

Bowled out for 116, South Africa had 246 runs to defend and Rabada set the tone by sending back Kraigg Brathwaite in the opening over at the stroke of lunch.

He returned after the break to dismiss Raymon Reifer while Marco Jansen chopped away at the other end, dismissing Tagenarine Chanderpaul and Roston Chase off back-to-back deliveries.

Reduced to 33/5 after Gerald Coetzee sent back Kyle Mayers, West Indies needed a partnership and Joshua da Silva and Jermaine Blackwood did just that, taking the team close to the three-figure mark.

However, Rabada broke the stand with the wicket of da Silva and then ended another stand when he captured the crucial wicket of Jason Holder a few overs later.

Blackwood continued his counterattack with a punch 93-ball 79 until he was the ninth man dismissed, also by Rabada, who completed his five-wicket haul with the scalp.

The Proteas quick took a sixth to seal the win and also completed 100 wickets in the ICC World Test Championship, becoming just the fifth bowler to the milestone in the history of the tournament.

GczSO0p.png

The 6/50 from the South Africa quick was also his best figures in the World Test Championship. He has three other five-wicket hauls in the tournament's history.

South Africa, however, are out of contention to reach the WTC final that is to be played at the Oval later this year.

Still Looks good on wickets with a bit of juice but get him on flat track against decent batsman and he looks lost. For me he has lost that zip and looks old relative to his age. Maybe too much cricket, maybe the injuries but doesn't have the zip anymore

Rabada almost has 300 Test wickets. He is not even 30.

He can probably end up with 500-600 Test wickets.

Rabada almost has 300 Test wickets. He is not even 30.

He can probably end up with 500-600 Test wickets.

He pretty average in Australia on the flat Melbourne wicket and the same in England when he played at OT. Still good but for me he has lost the zip

The Punjab Kings bowlers had a nightmarish day on the field as the Lucknow Super Giants hammered them to all parts of the ground registering the highest score - 257/5 - of IPL 2023 and the second-highest total of all time to march to an emphatic 56-run win in Mohali. Kagiso Rabada picked up a couple of wickets for PBKS but went for as many 52 runs in four overs. But more than the boundaries, it was the extras given by the South African fast bowler that frustrated the PBKS team management.

Rabada bowled two no-balls and two wides. On a placid Mohali track on which the LSG batters were already feasting on the PBKS bowlers, Rabadda provided them with two free-hits. He was not the only culprit though, debutant Gurnoor Brar also overstepped twice but considering the fact that Rabada is vastly experienced and the leader of the PBKS pace attack, this is something totally avoidable.

Former New Zealand cricketer Simon Doull came down heavily on Rabada when he overstepped for the second time in the match on Friday. In the fifth ball of the 16th over Rabada bowled a no-ball to give a free hit and an extra run to LSG. His next ball was a wide but thankfully the following delivery resulted in a single.

"This is unacceptable behaviour. You're an international bowler. He's pushing it all the time, even when he is behind he is just there by an inch," Doull, who was on commentary, said.

HindustanTimes

Catching a glimpse of Kagiso Rabada's impressive track record at the ICC Men's CWC 2023

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-10 at 13.04.30_367c7fe7.jpg

In the history of Test cricket, Kagiso Rabada is the only bowler to take more than 200 wickets at a strike rate less than 40.

How does he rank among the all-time greats?

He is only 28 years old and already has 280 Test wickets in 60 Test matches. I reckon he will end up breaking Jimmy Anderson's record.

Btw this is how Mohammad Amir could have been if he hadn't been engaged in corruption.

He is only 28 years old and already has 280 Test wickets in 60 Test matches. I reckon he will end up breaking Jimmy Anderson's record.

Btw this is how Mohammad Amir could have been if he hadn't been engaged in corruption.
Nah, SA does not play that many tests.

He struggles on flat wickets, his pace and zip are on the wane, which is a problem if you have any pretensions to be amongst the elite bowlers

Rabada got Virat Kohli at a delivery that pitched on the delivery that pitched outside the off-stump and maintained his line while Kohli tried to play it with some hands. He ended up edging it behind the stumps as wicket-keeper Kyle Verreynne completed an easy catch.

Rabada has Rohit's number yet again in Tests. Dismissed him 4 times in 2 Tests at the Centurion

20231228_171827.jpg

Rabada seems to have his number in Tests at the moment in the World Test Championship (2023-2025)

IMG-20231228-WA0066.jpg

Kagiso Rabada registered a figure of 2/18 in 4 overs against RR while playing for PBKS today in IPL 2024.

Fastest fifty in IPL for Kagiso Rabada just came in 2.3 overs against KKR while playing for PBKS.

Back