W.I v S.A 5th ODI (20/20) [15/5/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
s.africa looking to complete a 5-0 whitewash today...!

We could see history today.

If S.A beats the Windies which seems very very likely than it will be the first time that the Windies have been whiteshashed in their own backyard.

Personally I would like to see the Windies beat S.A because I would like us have have the honour of whitewashing the Carrib boys on their own Islands

w.i are dead rubber specalist so i expect them 2 win today!

We can white-wash them but it won't be as glorious because our ODi series with them is only 3 ODI's..

this is 5 and if s.africa win it here today, they'll have truly set a record

i thort windies had never been whitewashed in tests....

is it the same 4 ODIs?

You beat me to it today AJ making this thread. I predict a Windies backlash today with Lara and Gayle getting big scores

Their morale would have had a real battering so far in the series specially due to the 3rd ODI. How do you come back from that?

From a tactical pakistani's point of view, i would like to see west indies lose today so they will be really distraught and low morale going into pakistan series. If they won it might give them some confidence going into pak series, but if they lose theyll be thinking that we now have to face a rampant pakistan team. Its llike being defeated by the roman army who leave your town only to see the persian army come 2 days later. They might even give up mentally before the series starts.

Naz said:
From a tactical pakistani's point of view, i would like to see west indies lose today so they will be really distraught and low morale going into pakistan series. If they won it might give them some confidence going into pak series, but if they lose theyll be thinking that we now have to face a rampant pakistan team. Its llike being defeated by the roman army who leave your town only to see the persian army come 2 days later. They might even give up mentally before the series starts.

I think windies players are too preoccupied with other stuff (like keeping phone nos.) to think like that. Do you really think people like gayle and smith would think this way? They would keep doing the same mistakes again and again and again. Its a pity that windies dont really have anyone to replace them with otherwisesome of these guys should have been kicked out long ago.

if west indies lose 5-0 expect some vast chnages for pakistan series.

i recon keeper courtney browne will be dropped along with a few others.. dwayne smith etc..

Courtney Browne deserves to be dropped. For someone whos meant to be vice captain of the team he never says a word behind the stumps, whos wicketkeeping is below standard and is still living on that Champions Trophy final performance. However that said the younger keeper Carlton Baugh's wicketkeeping isnt too clever as well but is a better batsman than Browne.

Daoud said:
But we want Browne in the team dont we ;-)
Yeh for the Pak series and more importantly because he's in my fantasy cricket team

The covers have come off and they're rolling the outfield. There is a hope that play will be getting underway at about 5:30 BST

o man
get ready all for negative points , the ballers are about to die , its a 20 20

South Africa have dropped Ntini and brought on Ontong...

I cannot understand this decision!

Khalil said:
We could see history today.

If S.A beats the Windies which seems very very likely than it will be the first time that the Windies have been whiteshashed in their own backyard.

Personally I would like to see the Windies beat S.A because I would like us have have the honour of whitewashing the Carrib boys on their own Islands
wow...cant believe they have never been whitewashed

gayle slaps pollock down ground for 4...

w.i 13/0 (3)

z10 said:

is it the same 4 ODIs?
Pakistan has white washed them not once but twice

@ home in 1997
and @ Sharjah in 2001

we have also white washed them in Odis in 2001

Hussain said:
z10 said:

is it the same 4 ODIs?
Pakistan has white washed them not once but twice

@ home in 1997
and @ Sharjah in 2001

we have also white washed them in Odis in 2001

west indies have never been whitewashed in TEST or ODIS at HOME. thats what was meant!

Gayle gone !
.4 Nel to Gayle, OUT: Goes for another biggie, slices in the air high
to third man and Langeveldt gets under it

West Indies 39/1, Partnership of 39
CH Gayle c Langeveldt b Nel 28 (20b 5x4 1x6)
RR Sarwan 10* (8b 1x6) A Nel 0.4-0-14-1

4.3 Nel to Gayle, FOUR, And More! On the off stump and Nel has gone for
14 in 3 balls - to deep cover
4.2 Nel to Gayle, SIX, A looooong way over mid-off and Nel looks hard
at Gayle
4.1 Nel to Gayle, FOUR, Straight Drive! down the ground and this wont
please Nel
3.5 Langeveldt to Sarwan, SIX, Nonchalence! Again its Sarwan this time
who moves away and lofts over extra cover - hard
Nel replace Pollock
3.4 Langeveldt to Gayle, one run, pushed to cover
3.3 Langeveldt to Gayle, FOUR, Ooh! Moves away and smashes to deep