"We managed to catch up later on but I think we were 10 runs short of setting up a good target": Babar Azam

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
In a post-match ceremony Babar Azam admitted that the target set was not good enough to compete on the Rawalpindi track as they were 10 runs short on this wicket.

The problem now is that knowing what the par score is, was the strike rate at which Babar Azam was playing good enough? He should have been more aggressive early on to put the New Zealand bowlers under pressure and make full use of the Powerplay but he failed to capitalize on it which added extra pressure on the middle order.

I don't know for how long we will keep giving such excuses which can be easily overcome if they utilize the Powerplay effectively early on.

Every post match interview you will hear Babar saying the same thing.

Yet they do the exact same thing in the next game.

Someone needs to tell them that no matter how good the quality of bowling is, if you score below par you will lose games than you’ll win.

Even if you scored 290 after loosing you would have said we were short of 10 runs... This team is pathetic... If you can't beat a third string team of a third class team that too at home, how will you compete in WCT20.

Today's display does nothing to end the endless Rizwan-Babar debates. Look if you can't assert yourself at home against C string opposition then we're screwed.

Babar talks about being 10 runs below par. Well having two similar, accumulating batsmen with limited powergames in the top order may have something to do with that !

10 runs? What nonsense? They chased this in 18.2 overs. Has Babar lost it completely?

It was great to hear Bracewell yesterday in the post match presentation as he embraced that loss and did not use any excuses even though they were playing their C team.

Respect for @Savak who warned us yesterday and reminded us how Nz are a professional side and capable of correcting their mistakes quickly.

Guy just doesn't know how to talk, could have just omitted no. of runs. He's even worse than a paindoo even though coming from a big city.
A man of Babar's intelligence should refrain from public speaking. The more I see him speaking in front of the media, the more I think he should never be given any leadership role. 4 saal se wohi ghissi pitti baatain.

The guy has no inspiration or presence on the team.

Useless captain! No presence whatsoever!
Bro you just made me realise, I barely notice him on the field, it's been that way since he captained, whereas with sarfraz and even misbah I always noticed them 24/7 on the field.

Bro you just made me realise, I barely notice him on the field, it's been that way since he captained, whereas with sarfraz and even misbah I always noticed them 24/7 on the field.
There is nothing to notice he written a script in 2019 and follow that script since then. Every player in the team knows that script off by heart now

You only notice him when Shaheen gets smashed and the camera pins on his face. His eyebrows and teary eyes are a delight to see at the time.

Besides that, you hardly notice he’s on the field

10 runs? What nonsense? They chased this in 18.2 overs. Has Babar lost it completely?

It was great to hear Bracewell yesterday in the post match presentation as he embraced that loss and did not use any excuses even though they were playing their C team.

Respect for @Savak who warned us yesterday and reminded us how Nz are a professional side and capable of correcting their mistakes quickly.
Respect for Savak, but not the guys who have been calling out Babar’s pathetic captaincy and strategies for a long time now.

Savak did nt need to warn us. We were complacent when NZ toured us last year with similar team of new faces and they came back from 2-0 to level the series.. we were complacent then.. we are more so now than ever. Funny thing it was chapman who scored 100 against us at same venue to level the series.. we only needed to get 2 NZ batsmen from their whole lineup.. instead we ended up dropping him twice 😂😂😂 talk about a professional side like NZ and extremely unprofessional paindo team like Pakistan that believes in Qudrat ka Nizam..

I would rather have the shouting sarfaraz atleast he kept the players in check and none of this yaari dosti stuff
Sarfraz didn't shout, like people think he shouted.

One time he shouted at hasan Ali, because the moron did his nonsense celebration after a wicket even though their was a game left to finish and Pakistan hadn't won yet it was tight. He had every right to get angry

He also got mad at a fielder back at slip for napping and not fielding properly which he had every right to as they weren't following his instructions.

He didn't randomly shout. He didn't even shout at kamran akmal for dropping a dolly, he actually apologised to kamran knowing full well he should not have a keeper field in that position.

Babar randomly shouts when losing, shows how much of a loser captain he is, I remember countless times sarfraz has gone upto the bowler and put his arm around their back and constantly communicated instructions in their ear.

It was sarfi who also discovered imad being a goat t20 bowler at opening, look at imad's t20 stats under sarfi and under Babar, it's almost as if imad is a completly different bowler under sarfi.

Babar is presenceless

A man of Babar's intelligence should refrain from public speaking. The more I see him speaking in front of the media, the more I think he should never be given any leadership role. 4 saal se wohi ghissi pitti baatain.
What is mind boggling is that how do you not improve even after captaining PCT for 4 straight years?

You only notice him when Shaheen gets smashed and the camera pins on his face. His eyebrows and teary eyes are a delight to see at the time.

Besides that, you hardly notice he’s on the field
I genuinely never noticed this bro, that's how non existent he is 😂😂. He's the first captain who I've forgotten per game.

I remember how sarfraz use to walk up to his bowlers 24/7, and put his arm around their back and communicate clear instructions in their ear. Babar just claps 😂.

There is nothing to notice he written a script in 2019 and follow that script since then. Every player in the team knows that script off by heart now
Tbf he has gone offscript a few times, like the sa game and India game. But everytime he's gone offscript, it's always involved burning through your pacers and having nawaz of all people bowl your final over 😂.

When Babar gives these quotes like this, you start understanding why ppl on this forum are not only against the captaincy, but his position in the team & format. The top order are too reliant on Saim to hit out.

Babar & Rizwan need to up there game. But the bowling wasn't good either, too many poor deliveries as well as poor, poor fielding.

With the tournament coming up in a couple of weeks, this Pakistan team is going in the wrong way. Chaotic. :uak

Respect for Savak, but not the guys who have been calling out Babar’s pathetic captaincy and strategies for a long time now.
Fair enough! Respect for posters like you and others who have been exposing Babar's pathetic captaincy and strategies for a long time now.

Fair enough! Respect for posters like you and others who have been exposing Babar's pathetic captaincy and strategies for a long time now.
We don’t do it for respect bro. There is no respect in being the villain all the time. There was a time when I loved this team so much, if I don’t now…there is a problem.

This is why I as an Australian, England, South African, New Zealand or even Indian fan would not get too concerned about their respective teams losing. You know very well the players in these teams are fully capable of introspective, adapting to the conditions, the opposition quickly and putting things right in the next game.

Pakistan on the other hand suffers from a complete lack of accountability. Only a country like Pakistan will reinstate Babar Azam as captain inspite of his disasterous results as captain in the last 5 years at the helm where he abused his authority, selected team mates on the basis of favouritism, likes and dislikes, not to mention his complete lack of game awareness, tactical nouse as captain. He used his connections behind the scenes to usurp Shaheen as captain just like he did with Imad and made no effort to hide it.

In the real outside world outside Pakistan where there is absolute merit, Babar goes unsold in the Hundred, Big Bash and most likely would never get picked by a single IPL side if Pakistani players are ever allowed.

Babar and rizwan couldn't hit a single free hit to the boundary, even though NZ gave them like 3

I literally said in his first pre-series press conference, same old rubbish attitude. How can anyone even think this guy would learn captaincy after just being removed few months ago?

Ish Sodhi as usual was bowling to inflate their stats too

They didn’t cash in there either
Tbf to Bobby, unlike rizwan, he isn't that bad. It's clear as day babar has lost his touch from 2019 to 2021 and is completly out of it.

That's why I compared him to shehzad, Shehzad started off with promise, hitting a century on debut, first pakistani batsmen to score a century in all formats, constantly compared to kohli, had decent Test stats etc. Overtime shehzad got worse and worse and that's kinda what happened to babar.

Don't get me wrong, Babar was always >>>>>>>>>>> Shehzad but the reason I compare them is cause both deteriorated but both were also always overrated.

Babar from 2017-2021 isn't that bad as he is now, but even then he was just a solid accumulator type batsmen in the same mould as root, amla albeit much much inferior obviously. Now he's washed up altogether. Gotta give credit to @y33ny he figured it out with changes in technique and style. His potw was well deserved truly.

I literally said in his first pre-series press conference, same old rubbish attitude. How can anyone even think this guy would learn captaincy after just being removed few months ago?
Bruv everyone knows he came back due to,

1. Weird Zalmi campaign+ pressure on PCB

2. Naqvi’s personal like+dislike thing in order to bring down a PPP guy’s decision. Naqvi owed this to PMLN to make this change.

There was ZERO evidence Babar has become a better captain in the PSL. Instead, it just reaffirmed what some of us have been saying for ages and what Hafeez was trying to rectify in this squad…that Babar and Rizwan’s strategy has always been to build a team around those two and not think of Pakistan as a whole.

What business did Babar have opening the innings for PZ when he clearly showed he is a solid number 3 in T20i cricket and Pakistan needed a proper number 3?

Remember when we were told:

Babar is bigger than PCB right now and it took the Zalmi management to actually make him realize his value and why he should not let his brand diminish and devalue during its peak phase by not captaining the Pakistan team.

People don’t know this but the motion of reinstating Babar as captain was put in place during the PSL and Zalmi played a big role in it.

New endorsements are in line to and Babar’s brand value will increase by multiple folds over the next couple of years.

Bruv everyone knows he came back due to,

2. Naqvi’s personal like+dislike thing in order to bring down a PPP guy’s decision. Naqvi owed this to PMLN to make this change.

There was ZERO evidence Babar has become a better captain in the PSL. Instead, it just reaffirmed what some of us have been saying for ages and what Hafeez was trying to rectify in this squad…that Babar and Rizwan’s strategy has always been to build a team around those two and not think of Pakistan as a whole.

What business did Babar have opening the innings for PZ when he clearly showed he is a solid number 3 in T20i cricket and Pakistan needed a proper number 3?
Tbh bro, i dont think he'll be a good no 3 anymore.

Based of how Babar’s been playing international post Nepal game, he seems completly washed up.

In his prime he was still an alright accumulator who's soft runs did help haris sohail, fakhar etc score freely, his 50's and 100's contributed in a good score. Obviously when rizzu came in, with Abdullah, Imam, Saud, and chacha all one after the other his accumulation wouldn't fit or gell with the team.

But atm, he seems washed up, or better yet has been washed up since Nepal E Azam.

What is mind boggling is that how do you not improve even after captaining PCT for 4 straight years?
Credit needs to be given to Mohsin Naqvi (The powerful behnoi of COAS who seems to be running everything in Pakistan)

Babar was requested to take back the captaincy again, which gave him this false sense of belief that he was unjustly removed by Zaka Ashraf. He still doesn't think anything was wrong during his tenure. How will he fix anything without realizing that an issue exists? This belief will ensure that there will be no improvement in his captaincy.

Nice that you forgot your hero Usman who could hit it either.
Will you answer sheryas <Babar? Yes or no?

I gave my answer to UK, he avg 21 and an abysmal sr ofn116 at 4, he avg 49 with a sr of 146 at opening or no 3. That's his best position, don't judge him until he gets it. No answer the above question

Will you answer sheryas <Babar? Yes or no?

I gave my answer to UK, he avg 21 and an abysmal sr ofn116 at 4, he avg 49 with a sr of 146 at opening or no 3. That's his best position, don't judge him until he gets it. No answer the above question
Do Usman couldn't hit the freehit because he batted at 4 is your answer. Great stuff.

I already answered about Babar and iyer and I will repeat again Babar is miles ahead.

Do Usman couldn't hit the freehit because he batted at 4 is your answer. Great stuff.

I already answered about Babar and iyer and I will repeat again Babar is miles ahead.
Where was this Miles ahead in the last 2 games?

We don’t do it for respect bro. There is no respect in being the villain all the time. There was a time when I loved this team so much, if I don’t now…there is a problem.
I try to discuss cricket game to game basis and not take things too far. Have been watching since 1990 and have seen it all. Some of these situations are much more complicated than it looks. Koi bhi doodh ka dhula huwa nahi hai hamari team mein, they all play politics. Imad and Amir should have never gone on Tv channels and talk nonsense about Babar, that's a code players shoud never break. Same with Shaheen who undermined Babar in one of the team meetings during the last odi world cup and asked Babar to praise guys who did well- As a plqayer you can never know do this and go against your captain in a team meeting. PCB itself have always been a mess and allow players to be bigger than their team. If all these guys play freely and think about team first, then these same bunch of players will do much better and will help Pakistan win tournaments. I think some of the posters take things way too far and never admit when they are wrong. I try to give respect where it is due when it comes to players and also the posters, otherwise what is the point of being here and discussing cricket with all you guys when we can never agree with what is right or whoever is winning the arguement. In the end we all are here because we want Pakistan to do well.

@Rana
and I am now asking Babar to be a bigger man and do what is right for the team. Bury the past and start fresh, but it seems that our nation is not capable of moving on or doing what is right for our country.

Most sensible Indians will take Babar over Iyer. Other than deluded Indians
Let’s ask most sensible Indian posters,

Which ones do you suggest I tag and get an honest view from? I can suggest some but you will probably think they are part of our High 5 club?

Which ones do you suggest I tag and get an honest view from? I can suggest some but you will probably think they are part of our High 5 club?
I said most Indians not posters. Majority of the Indians posters are bias on here. As I said before iyer is a htb and his stats in some countries in SENA are tailender numbers but yes let's ignore that because he's Indian.

Indians are filled in Australia to the max, 3rd only to Chinese and local Australians ofcourse.

Their devoted cricket lovers here and fill the stadium, in my own uni, barring one Indian who wasn't a cricket fan, I've met atleast 60+ Indians during my past 2 years in uni, they love cricket and no one in their right mind would claim babar >Iyer.

Literally they called Pakistan a bootleg version of India, and laughed at the idea that Pakistan is so desperately trying to copy their kohli with babar,

Except Kohli the King of humilating Pakistan while babar is the king of humiliating Nepal on a special pitch where he asked the curators to not spin 😂😂.

Regardless jokes aside, all Indians share the sentiment that no pakistani player besides naseem and shaheen should play for them.

After last cup, they changed their mind about shaheen and now they'll change their mind about naseem as well. Only Amir is left.

I said most Indians not posters. Majority of the Indians posters are bias on here. As I said before iyer is a htb and his stats in some countries in SENA are tailender numbers but yes let's ignore that because he's Indian.
You're being a rat because you know I can't go to ugnada, fly you in a plane and take you to India.

If I was to tell you about all the Indians I've met irl and give you their viewpoints, you'd just ignorantly deny it and claim I'm lying. Very disappointed in you, I thought you'd be better then this.

Just like how rizwan averages 32 with S/R 118 at batting position 3 🤣🤣🤣

Just like how rizwan averages 32 with S/R 118 at batting position 3 🤣🤣🤣
That is 26 better average than Usman currently and maybe you don't follow. I don't want rizwan at 3. Maybe you are confusing me with someone else.

I think Indian’s here are patriotic but not ‘bias’. They are very harsh on their own players, more than we are towards our own.

@Swashbuckler literally is one of the best posters here, you will always see him come and give one of the best insights on any discussion or debate. I’m telling you, if this guy says to me right now that he feels Babar is better than Iyer for what they offer, I’ll accept and respect his view. There are many more who I can can ask for your sake but you clearly seem to have a prejudice. Trust me on this one though, he won’t give an unfair verdict.

I try to discuss cricket game to game basis and not take things too far. Have been watching since 1990 and have seen it all. Some of these situations are much more complicated than it looks. Koi bhi doodh ka dhula huwa nahi hai hamari team mein, they all play politics. Imad and Amir should have never gone on Tv channels and talk nonsense about Babar, that's a code players shoud never break. Same with Shaheen who undermined Babar in one of the team meetings during the last odi world cup and asked Babar to praise guys who did well- As a plqayer you can never know do this and go against your captain in a team meeting. PCB itself have always been a mess and allow players to be bigger than their team. If all these guys play freely and think about team first, then these same bunch of players will do much better and will help Pakistan win tournaments. I think some of the posters take things way too far and never admit when they are wrong. I try to give respect where it is due when it comes to players and also the posters, otherwise what is the point of being here and discussing cricket with all you guys when we can never agree with what is right or whoever is winning the arguement. In the end we all are here because we want Pakistan to do well.
Bro can you paste link of the clip where imad and Amir are taking about Babar

I think Indian’s here are patriotic but not ‘bias’. They are very harsh on their own players, more than we are towards our own.

@Swashbuckler literally is one of the best posters here, you will always see him come and give one of the best insights on any discussion or debate. I’m telling you, if this guy says to me right now that he feels Babar is better than Iyer for what they offer, I’ll accept and respect his view. There are many more who I can can ask for your sake but you clearly seem to have a prejudice. Trust me on this one though, he won’t give an unfair verdict.
I don't need people to convince me who's better I have watched both play and looking at their record there is a world of difference. I have no in admitting the likes of jaiswal, gill will be light years ahead of Babar when they retire. I also have no problem in admitting iyer is better than Babar if he can prove that he's not a total failure in SENA. So far he has mainly performed in India.

Google it and you will find several clips where Imad and Amir are talking about our best player as if he is a nobody.
Nothing I can find that they said against babar
Let's see what's all this fuss about that you babar fans keep going on about

Show us the several clips

Nothing I can find that they said against babar
Let's see what's all this fuss about that you babar fans keep going on about

Show us the several clips
It is a well known fact and have been discussed to death on this forum.

I don't need people to convince me who's better I have watched both play and looking at their record there is a world of difference. I have no in admitting the likes of jaiswal, gill will be light years ahead of Babar when they retire. I also have no problem in admitting iyer is better than Babar if he can prove that he's not a total failure in SENA. So far he has mainly performed in India.
Bro you said any indian would want Babar over iyer, now that we're offering you, you're saying you don't want that?

Where's the clips? Or babar fans making up stories again

Try and keep up from here on

Right, but you did say ‘most sensible Indians would take Babar over Iyer’…which I think is an incorrect assessment on your behalf. That’s why I said we can get this clarified by sensible Indian cricket fans here and imagine up our own theories in regards to their view. So, why look far when you can find out here? The least we can do is understand whether your theory is correct or hocus pocus

Try and keep up from here on
What's the problem here? They were posed a question and they provided a response. I don't see them specially going to tv channels to talk about Babar like your making it out be

What's the problem here? They were posed a question and they provided a response. I don't see them specially going to tv channels to talk about Babar like your making it out be
What exactly did Amir say that was wrong? Either he lies by saying yes or tells the truth by saying no.

See this is exactly the problem with posters like @emranabbas and many others, just refusing to accept when they are wrong. First, he said that those clips never existed and now this. Oh bhai, I don't have time for this nonsense.

What exactly did Amir say that was wrong? Either he lies by saying yes or tells the truth by saying no.
I think the fans wanted amir to say "oh babar is the best player in the world and he's got into a habit of hitting a century every other match"

See this is exactly the problem with posters like @emranabbas and many others, just refusing to accept when they are wrong. First, he said that those clips never existed and now this. Oh bhai, I don't have time for this nonsense.
Amir said this as a retired player who wasn’t coming back to Pakistan…he was literally convinced by Shaheen and begged by PCB to come back. How can this be held against him by Babar fans? A retired player can say what he wants. Amir will retire right now if you tell him he is not needed, he won’t lose any sleep anymore.

Bro honestly I don't see anything wrong with that clip you tell me exactly what is wrong with that clip

I think the fans wanted amir to say "oh babar is the best player in the world and he's got into a habit of hitting a century every other match"
Yeah I mean Amir has enough on his plate to answer for when he stands before God one day…he probably doesn’t need another lie to answer for right now

This is exactly what you do and then wonder why posters don't agree with you. Players can't go on tv channels and talk nonsense about their captain and fellow teammates. That's why I mentioned Savak and not you in my earlier post.

Right, because you guys clearly accept when you're wrong.

It's not like you backtrack endlessly 24/7

Right, but you did say ‘most sensible Indians would take Babar over Iyer’…which I think is an incorrect assessment on your behalf. That’s why I said we can get this clarified by sensible Indian cricket fans here and imagine up our own theories in regards to their view. So, why look far when you can find out here? The least we can do is understand whether your theory is correct or hocus pocus
I said sensible Indian fans I stick by that. It's another question we find them here. You think iyer with pathetic record in SENA is better than Babar?

This is exactly what you do and then wonder why posters don't agree with you. Players can't go on tv channels and talk nonsense about their captain and fellow teammates. That's why I mentioned Savak and not you in my earlier post.
How is Amir wrong to state his opinion as a retired player?

But he did didn't go to a TV channel to talk nonsense about Babar.

He went to a TV channel to do a show and was asked a question and responded to it

You see the diffrence?

But he did didn't go to a TV channel to talk nonsense about Babar.

He went to a TV channel to do a show and was asked a question and responded to it

You see the diffrence?
Even then, Amir is a retired player. He can say whatever he wants about current or ex Pakistan captains. You see Wasim Akram slagging off Saleem Malik here and there…is Akram doing the wrong thing as well?

Back